PDA

View Full Version : A couple small suggestions for AC Unity

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 02:17 AM
I asked UbiGabe on Twitter if he could pass a few small requests for Unity on to the support team, and he said he would. What do you think about these small requests?

1. Templar Outfit for Arno - You know, the one from the intro of the game when you play as the Templar Knight for a little bit. Looks really cool and is properly rigged, and Shay has a similar outfit in Rogue. Even though Arno isn't a templar, it makes as much sense as having Shay's outfit.

2. Thunderstorms in free-roam - The ones from Occupied Paris rifts and Sequence 7 Memory 3 look and sound amazing, yet they are not in free-roam. I asked if it would be possible to have these while exploring!

3. Ambient Free-Roam music - How come this isn't there? I think every AC game has had ambient music except for AC3 and Unity.

Overall, I think they are small and doable requests considering the content is already there. Hopefully they can make them happen.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 02:40 AM
I'd love for both 1 and 2, but not 3. If I may interject, some things I'd like to request in Unity:

This might be a stretch, but please disable auto sheathing in Unity. It's one of the most immersion breaking thing in AC combat. The concept is fine, Arno sheaths his weapon when the battle is over-yadayada, but it does not function well in the game. You could be in an intense combat but the moment you or the enemy roll/hover behind a table/chair, Arno sheaths his weapon due to range of vision. Sometimes it gets me hit.

And if you can take it a step further, disabling auto sheathing in high profile would make a tremendous difference.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 05:01 AM
I'd love for both 1 and 2, but not 3. If I may interject, some things I'd like to request in Unity:

This might be a stretch, but please disable auto sheathing in Unity. It's one of the most immersion breaking thing in AC combat. The concept is fine, Arno sheaths his weapon when the battle is over-yadayada, but it does not function well in the game. You could be in an intense combat but the moment you or the enemy roll/hover behind a table/chair, Arno sheaths his weapon due to range of vision. Sometimes it gets me hit.

And if you can take it a step further, disabling auto sheathing in high profile would make a tremendous difference.

Also a good idea. Remember in previous games you could run around with your weapon drawn too? In Unity, Arno sheathes his weapon whenever he sprints.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:10 AM
Also a good idea. Remember in previous games you could run around with your weapon drawn too? In Unity, Arno sheathes his weapon whenever he sprints.

Yep. That's because high-profile auto-sheaths your weapon. It's a nuisance during combat when you have faraway targets. I'm actually curious about the design decision for this.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 05:38 AM
Curious though, why don't you agree with ambient music?

After playing the intro again, that Templar outfit is so awesome. I desperately want it for Arno! It's the only one I use in Rogue, as well. :D

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:51 AM
I prefer natural ambient sounds during my free-roam. Like carpenters chopping at blocks, seagulls chirping, the waves of the sea, the civilians' convos, etc. It makes the setting feel more alive and damn-me-for-saying ''realistic''.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 05:56 AM
I prefer natural ambient sounds during my free-roam. Like carpenters chopping at blocks, seagulls chirping, the waves of the sea, the civilians' convos, etc. It makes the setting feel more alive and damn-me-for-saying ''realistic''.

Understandable. Is it just me though or do you not notice any sounds when it rains? In AC3 and Black Flag, weather had great sounds while free-roaming. However, that may be because they had thunderstorms in free-roam and Unity does not. Hence, why I requested it.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Understandable. Is it just me though or do you not notice any sounds when it rains? In AC3 and Black Flag, weather had great sounds while free-roaming. However, that may be because they had thunderstorms in free-roam and Unity does not. Hence, why I requested it.

I'm glad you requested it. Unity's weathers were lacking, for sure. The only time I actually noticed the rain/thunder was during the hot air balloon sequence.

OFF-TOPIC: There was this concept art of Arno and Elise in Paris when it snowed. It looked absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find it to show you.

Hans684
02-25-2015, 06:20 AM
OFF-TOPIC: There was this concept art of Arno and Elise in Paris when it snowed. It looked absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find it to show you.

That art if I'm correct is Elise's mother facing an enemy.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:23 AM
That art if I'm correct is Elise's mother facing an enemy.

Nope, I found it.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141028155618/assassinscreed/images/3/31/ACU_Winter_Duel_-_Concept_Art.jpg

Hans684
02-25-2015, 06:24 AM
Nope, I found it.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141028155618/assassinscreed/images/3/31/ACU_Winter_Duel_-_Concept_Art.jpg

That's the one I'm talking about, don't remember or have the source for it. I think it was Access The Animus.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 06:25 AM
I'm glad you requested it. Unity's weathers were lacking, for sure. The only time I actually noticed the rain/thunder was during the hot air balloon sequence.

Yep, Hot air balloon scene, occupied paris, sequence 7 memory 3, all look amazing with the thunderstorms. Not sure why they weren't included in free-roam to begin with.

Snow looks good in that art, too. Then again, it looked amazing in AC3, too.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:27 AM
That's the one I'm talking about, don't remember or have the source for it. I think it was Access The Animus.

Ohhh. Now I'm interested in her mother's story.

Is it explained in the Astergo handbook or Unity's novel?

Hans684
02-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Ohhh. Now I'm interested in her mother's story.

Is it explained in the Astergo handbook or Unity's novel?

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Julie_de_la_Serre

Don't think it's in the Abstergo book, it's all propaganda anyway :rolleyes:

It's from the Unity book, it's marked a source in the page as well.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Oooo, goodie.

Hrafnagud72
02-25-2015, 08:04 AM
The templar outfit for Arno would make absolutely no sense. He is an assassin through and through. The only reason Shays outfit is in there is because it is a legacy outfit.

Megas_Doux
02-25-2015, 03:34 PM
I asked UbiGabe on Twitter if he could pass a few small requests for Unity on to the support team, and he said he would. What do you think about these small requests?

1. Templar Outfit for Arno - You know, the one from the intro of the game when you play as the Templar Knight for a little bit. Looks really cool and is properly rigged, and Shay has a similar outfit in Rogue. Even though Arno isn't a templar, it makes as much sense as having Shay's outfit.

2. Thunderstorms in free-roam - The ones from Occupied Paris rifts and Sequence 7 Memory 3 look and sound amazing, yet they are not in free-roam. I asked if it would be possible to have these while exploring!

3. Ambient Free-Roam music - How come this isn't there? I think every AC game has had ambient music except for AC3 and Unity.

Overall, I think they are small and doable requests considering the content is already there. Hopefully they can make them happen.

I agree with you!!! If only AC games maintenance for more than 8 months.....

Donīt get me wrong I do miss ambient music in Unity, but no that much as in AC III.

Farlander1991
02-25-2015, 03:53 PM
I got into Unity today and heard ambient music. And it's far from the first time it sounds. It's actually pretty often. And it changed with districts. Maybe they aren't as memorable tunes as Tour of Venice (the only ambient theme that I remember is the one that's based on 'On Father's Watch'), for example, but I still don't get what's the issue with absence of ambient music.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 04:17 PM
The templar outfit for Arno would make absolutely no sense. He is an assassin through and through. The only reason Shays outfit is in there is because it is a legacy outfit.

True, he is an assassin, but the Iron Mask outfit doesn't make sense either. The outfit is cool and would be awesome to have, bottom line.

Shahkulu101
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I got into Unity today and heard ambient music. And it's far from the first time it sounds. It's actually pretty often. And it changed with districts. Maybe they aren't as memorable tunes as Tour of Venice (the only ambient theme that I remember is the one that's based on 'On Father's Watch'), for example, but I still don't get what's the issue with absence of ambient music.

Ambient music was amazingly atmospheric and great to listen to in its own in AC1-ACR and IV.

That's why people want it back. I know there's atmosphere in Paris, but it's just not the same without ambient music. It became a staple of the series and unlike hoods or lip scars it isn't totally gratuitous. There is some subtle background music that is pretty nice and does indeed change when you enter districts, but they are too brief for my liking.

TGPomy9795
02-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Ambient music was amazingly atmospheric and great to listen to in its own in AC1-ACR and IV.

That's why people want it back. I know there's atmosphere in Paris, but it's just not the same without ambient music. It became a staple of the series and unlike hoods or lip scars it isn't totally gratuitous. There is some subtle background music that is pretty nice and does indeed change when you enter districts, but they are too brief for my liking.

I haven't even noticed the ambient music. Then again, I'm at college away from my good gaming headset. :/