PDA

View Full Version : Are Arno and Elise virgins?

EmptyCrustacean
02-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Arno seems like the type of guy that wouldn't sleep with a woman until marriage. And the most we ever see them do in the game is kiss.

Discuss.

;)

Assassin_M
02-25-2015, 12:39 AM
Arno seems like the type of guy that wouldn't sleep with a woman until marriage.
I hardly think so. There's more evidence to the contrary.

That said, they probably did it in the parachute.

ze_topazio
02-25-2015, 12:48 AM
Arno spent months in prison with other men.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/132/f/8/tumblr_inline_mhux8x3e2q1qz4rgp_by_orochimaruxdd-d652in7.gif

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 12:49 AM
No.

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 12:50 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/4241033-3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

But all seriousness, who knows.

Arno could've got it on with Lady Margot for all we know. :rolleyes:

Much...mystery lies underneath that woman.

Farlander1991
02-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Eh, they most likely aren't. To me they seem like precisely the couple who wouldn't wait until marriage :p

While sex is an important part of every relationship, I'm glad that one of the most realistic and believable love stories in games was told without any reference to it (not to mention that the relationship gets a bit strained and most of the story is about building it back up). The single scene with Arno and Elise at the Templar Party shows more chemistry and love than any sex scene in its place would, I think.

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 12:52 AM
Arno could've got it on with Lady Margot for all we know. :rolleyes:
I still believe she's his mother which makes things appear in a whole different light. :(

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 12:53 AM
The balloon.

Locopells
02-25-2015, 12:54 AM
Fair question, but keep it clean, people...

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 12:55 AM
I still believe she's his mother which makes things appear in a whole different light. :(

Even better. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

EDIT: Of course, loco.

Kaschra
02-25-2015, 12:59 AM
They totally did it in the hot air ballon, I'm sure of it lol
I think it was hinted at in the Unity novel

EmptyCrustacean
02-25-2015, 01:00 AM
Eh, they most likely aren't. To me they seem like precisely the couple who wouldn't wait until marriage :p

While sex is an important part of every relationship, I'm glad that one of the most realistic and believable love stories in games was told without any reference to it (not to mention that the relationship gets a bit strained and most of the story is about building it back up). The single scene with Arno and Elise at the Templar Party shows more chemistry and love than any sex scene in its place would, I think.

True, Arno and Elise are mischevious by nature but because they had such weird notions about a woman's virginity back then I can imagine Arno not sleeping with Elise to 'protect her honour/purity'.

People seem to think they did it in the balloon but I don't think Arno and Elise are freaky people who like an audience, no? ;) Plus Arno woke up with clothes on.

AC has never shied away from sex scenes in the past. I am surprised Ubisoft didn't explore it here.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 01:33 AM
People seem to think they did it in the balloon but I don't think Arno and Elise are freaky people who like an audience, no? ;) Plus Arno woke up with clothes on.

AC has never shied away from sex scenes in the past. I am surprised Ubisoft didn't explore it here.

Ubisoft's censorship.

And according to Dan's interview, the simplest things like removing a shirt/etc costs thousands of dollars. 50k, to be exact.

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 01:36 AM
but I don't think Arno and Elise are freaky people who like an audience, no? ;)

I'd be a hipster and say AC needs to get edgier lmao. But kiddies read the forum, and AC wouldn't be where it is if didn't play it safe at times imo

VoldR
02-25-2015, 04:00 AM
When I watched someone play the dlc and spoke that someone "kicked the bucket" and was shocked because I thought that person lived... Must have missed something when watching the original game...

But if true, so who's Arno's spawn to reach the future?

The dlc didn't show anyone else or hinted and we know virgin or not we can't see anything else if that spawn was conceived earlier...

And then there's rumors they're not continuing any more Arno stories. Is that true?

VoldR
02-25-2015, 04:03 AM
I'd be a hipster and say AC needs to get edgier lmao. But kiddies read the forum, and AC wouldn't be where it is if didn't play it safe at times imo

We already got ezio spreading his seed every where he goes...

Sixteen is pissed that he was born to early to watch more stories...

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 04:05 AM
They did the nasty in the hot air balloon?

Why did I not pick up on this?

And why would they do that? It would be cold as hell.

Perk89
02-25-2015, 04:09 AM
The book (which I recently picked up and is incredible, I'm only halfway through) strongly suggests that neither are.

Seriously. Go read the book. It makes Unity's story, dare I say, pretty decent. Seriously. What was Ubisoft thinking not incorporating some of those story elements in the game.

Hood2theBurbs
02-25-2015, 04:11 AM
Heh, Giggity

Perk89
02-25-2015, 04:11 AM

As someone else said, stuff like that can be incredibly expensive, not to mention it understandably deters some people. I don't think it's very necessary outside the generational lineage aspect of the game.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 04:23 AM
They did the nasty in the hot air balloon?

Why did I not pick up on this?

And why would they do that? It would be cold as hell.

Cold, snow, rain, dun matter. Diddling in public is satisfaction.

The_Kiwi_
02-25-2015, 05:25 AM
one of the most realistic and believable love stories in games

http://i.imgur.com/j15q83h.jpg
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/302966.gifhttp://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/965058/brenden-fraser-laughing-o.gifhttp://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+lost+it+at+quot+bee+harold+quot+_e5c8fbbe0b26267 ec652a6f21a13e332.gif
I'm sorry, it was just so funny

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 05:29 AM
one of the most realistic and believable love stories in games

Yeah, no.

Unity's "love story" was a joke with hardly any substance.

Saying it has even a good love story let alone one of the best is an insult to videogames as a whole

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 05:31 AM
C'mon it had some moments. I still cringe thinking about "the most interesting man in your life" Ezio

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:41 AM
Saying it has even a good love story let alone one of the best is an insult to videogames as a whole

Out of curiosity, can you name me some video games with good romance/love story?

The_Kiwi_
02-25-2015, 05:41 AM
Out of curiosity, can you name me some video games with good romance/love story?

Frozen: The Game

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:47 AM
I'm actually being serious. As far as video game romances go, and this is coming from someone who plays a ton of RPG/JRPGs since the dark ages, Unity's one of the best non-overly sexualized/awkward/cliche ones.

The_Kiwi_
02-25-2015, 05:49 AM
I'm actually being serious. As far as video game romances go, and this is coming from someone who plays a ton of RPG/JRPGs since the dark ages, Unity's one of the best non-overly sexualized/awkward/cliche ones.

Depends on the love you speak of
Joel's love for Ellie was a spectacular video game love story

But the one in Unity can be summarized as
Arno: I love you Elise
Elise: ima run ova there u dont follow me plz

Deezl-V
02-25-2015, 05:50 AM
Lol. I don't wanna sound like an azz, but this has to be one of the biggest waste of a thread of ALL time. Does anyone really care? And if you do, you take video games WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. LOL!!

Sorry again if I offend someone. Not my intention. I just find this topic hilarious.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Depends on the love you speak of
Joel's love for Ellie was a spectacular video game love story

But the one in Unity can be summarized as
Arno: I love you Elise
Elise: ima run ova there u dont follow me plz

Anyone can summarize a story to fit their distaste. =p

I hate SAO's love story, which was highly praised and nominated in Japan. It can be summarized as

Kirito: i hav no personality or character flaws n das why i luv u along with 20 other gals
Asuna: u hav a harem but idc ur the main char so lets hav online love

FF7

Aerith: <3 u
Cloud: ...
Aerith: I die nowz

Lol. I don't wanna sound like an azz, but this has to be one of the biggest waste of a thread of ALL time. Does anyone really care? And if you do, you take video games WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. LOL!!

Sorry again if I offend someone. Not my intention. I just find this topic hilarious.

Be a good sport and don't question it. :rolleyes:

pirate1802
02-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Arno seems like the type of guy that wouldn't sleep with a woman until marriage. And the most we ever see them do in the game is kiss.

Discuss.

;)

They are as much a virgin as Sasha Gray is

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 07:16 AM
pirate, u crack me up

cawatrooper9
02-25-2015, 08:34 AM
I think the real question here is this: Did Ezio die a virgin? :cool:

Farlander1991
02-25-2015, 08:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/j15q83h.jpg
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/302966.gifhttp://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/965058/brenden-fraser-laughing-o.gifhttp://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+lost+it+at+quot+bee+harold+quot+_e5c8fbbe0b26267 ec652a6f21a13e332.gif
I'm sorry, it was just so funny

Yeah, no.

Unity's "love story" was a joke with hardly any substance.

:rolleyes:

Unless you two had a long-term long-standing relationship with smb (at least several years), you don't have a ground to stand on in this matter :p

J/k.

Seriously though, Arno and Elise have one of the most human and realistic relationships so far (and, btw, smb gave example of Joel/Ellie - that one's really awesome too, I don't disagree), and one day you'll be mature enough to understand that :p :p :p

(I hope smileys kinda show that there is a sarcastic tone in my statements and should not be taken offensively, we'll just agree to disagree on the matter ;) )

The_Kiwi_
02-25-2015, 09:06 AM
I qualify for an opinion, based on your prerequisites
I found their "love" story hollow and one sided; Elise was just leading him on and Arno was just blindly infatuated with her, it was childish and demeaning of Ubisoft to call that a love story
It seriously seemed like Arno was a 10 year old that had an innocent crush on a 16 year old girl that he thought was love so acted very over-the-top while she strung him along just to have someone instead of no one, and would ditch him when other matters were brought to her attention

It can be argued that what I described is a "human and realistic relationship", but I pity that thought

pirate1802
02-25-2015, 09:25 AM

See this is the problem right here.

You know why there is always a big issue whenever videogames depict mature stuff like violence or sexual abuses or war crimes? Because in people's mindset videogames are still children's playthings, something childish and not to be taken seriously. Which is exactly what you are suggesting.

So people get all uppity when a game decides to depict a harrowing war, said game is cancelled. Then what do we videogamers do? We say nononono, ours is a serious art medium, we can depict serious stuff! Don't listen to these nutjob antigamers! Well okay, turns out that when we do decide to get serious, we laughs it off saying oh you nerd, you guise take videogames too seriously! Its just a fun nonsense thing, right? Right? Either don't complain when then next controversy hits gaming, or don't bring your Taking gaming too seriously comments to fore; be one and not both. And I'm not even saying this in context of this particular game, I have no love for Elise & Arno (pun intended), but all videogames in general.

This thread is a waste because it's bloody obvious whether they are virgins or not, not because someone decided to spend a precious few minutes over these childish videogames.

Farlander1991
02-25-2015, 09:41 AM
I qualify for an opinion, based on your prerequisites
I found their "love" story hollow and one sided; Elise was just leading him on and Arno was just blindly infatuated with her, it was childish and demeaning of Ubisoft to call that a love story
It seriously seemed like Arno was a 10 year old that had an innocent crush on a 16 year old girl that he thought was love so acted very over-the-top while she strung him along just to have someone instead of no one, and would ditch him when other matters were brought to her attention

It can be argued that what I described is a "human and realistic relationship", but I pity that thought

I hope you do understand that the thing about prerequisite was not serious?

Anyway, I see where you're coming from, but personally I think that you're really exaggerating the elements that you mention.

I'm done though with arguments on these forums though (not has anything to do with you, I'm just tired of it in general), I'll just keep to voicing general opinions and hearing others (something I tried to say in the last post but got lost because of the stupid fun I was trying to have too, heh).

Cheers!

The_Kiwi_
02-25-2015, 10:19 AM
I hope you do understand that the thing about prerequisite was not serious?

I know don't worry :rolleyes:

Anyway, I see where you're coming from, but personally I think that you're really exaggerating the elements that you mention.

Really? I think I gave the points a great service

I'm done though with arguments on these forums though (not has anything to do with you, I'm just tired of it in general), I'll just keep to voicing general opinions and hearing others (something I tried to say in the last post but got lost because of the stupid fun I was trying to have too, heh).

Cheers!

I'm not looking to argue, I just thought I'd say why I don't agree with you, instead of just giving a "lol ur wrong" response and then nothing

Farlander1991
02-25-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm not looking to argue, I just thought I'd say why I don't agree with you, instead of just giving a "lol ur wrong" response and then nothing

Yeah, sorry I'm not answering in detail why I think the way I think, I'm just burnt out on the whole 'detailed conversations about AC' thing.

Deezl-V
02-25-2015, 03:34 PM
See this is the problem right here.

You know why there is always a big issue whenever videogames depict mature stuff like violence or sexual abuses or war crimes? Because in people's mindset videogames are still children's playthings, something childish and not to be taken seriously. Which is exactly what you are suggesting.

So people get all uppity when a game decides to depict a harrowing war, said game is cancelled. Then what do we videogamers do? We say nononono, ours is a serious art medium, we can depict serious stuff! Don't listen to these nutjob antigamers! Well okay, turns out that when we do decide to get serious, we laughs it off saying oh you nerd, you guise take videogames too seriously! Its just a fun nonsense thing, right? Right? Either don't complain when then next controversy hits gaming, or don't bring your Taking gaming too seriously comments to fore; be one and not both. And I'm not even saying this in context of this particular game, I have no love for Elise & Arno (pun intended), but all videogames in general.

This thread is a waste because it's bloody obvious whether they are virgins or not, not because someone decided to spend a precious few minutes over these childish videogames.

No bruh, it's not like that at all. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with the game. When you begin to side track or go off on a tangent, then that's where it can be considered a waste. Does Arno eat his chunky soup with a fork or a spoon? Does Arno shave his pits? If so, what razor does he use? Lol

It's just getting a little TOO personal on a character. Has nothing to do with childish behaviour. It's more like psychotic behaviour. ����������

And I know its all in good fun, so that's what I'm doing. Having fun. ������

Continue on.

EmptyCrustacean
02-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Haven't bought the novel because I won't spend a penny more on anything associated with Unity but what are the extracts that imply they were both sexually active? Thanks.

VoXngola
02-26-2015, 12:23 AM
How this thread got to 5 pages is beyond me.

Green_Reaper
02-26-2015, 12:29 AM
I guess we're out of topics to discuss eh?

pirate1802
02-26-2015, 07:15 AM
No bruh, it's not like that at all. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with the game. When you begin to side track or go off on a tangent, then that's where it can be considered a waste. Does Arno eat his chunky soup with a fork or a spoon? Does Arno shave his pits? If so, what razor does he use? Lol

It's just getting a little TOO personal on a character. Has nothing to do with childish behaviour. It's more like psychotic behaviour. ����������

And I know its all in good fun, so that's what I'm doing. Having fun. ������

Continue on.

How does this question count as too tangential? I mean yeah even a thrice blind beggar can see how deep they are into each other, in more ways than one, so maybe this question is pedantic but tangential really? The game wasn't built on Arno shaving his pits, it was built on Arno wanting to bone the hell out of Elise. Thus relavant.

The_Kiwi_
02-26-2015, 07:19 AM
How does this question count as too tangential? I mean yeah even a thrice blind beggar can see how deep they are into each other, in more ways than one, so maybe this question is pedantic but tangential really? The game wasn't built on Arno shaving his pits, it was built on Arno wanting to bone the hell out of Elise. Thus relavant.

You have such a way with words, it makes me weep like a maiden.

king-hailz
02-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Arno spent months in prison with other men.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/132/f/8/tumblr_inline_mhux8x3e2q1qz4rgp_by_orochimaruxdd-d652in7.gif

http://media2.giphy.com/media/gTNSX6N7vcKOY/200w.gif

RA503
02-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Maybe this is something to do why the sword of eden lose power in the end...