PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like AC and why these forums?

SirSionis
02-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Sorry if this has been made.The question is,as the title says,why do you like Assassin's Creed? And why you are here?
For example,I like AC because of how it plays(parkour,assassinations,and all),the historical settings,and the greyness of the Assassin vs Templar war.I like that there isn't good guys and bad guys.Just two secret orders that want the same,but with different methods.And I'm here because I liked the members.What they posted.I like reading different opinions.

P.S.Sorry if my English is bad.I hope it's easy to understand it.

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 12:10 AM
I got into the series with AC1 and then ACII and never felt like leaving since then.

Shahkulu101
02-25-2015, 12:12 AM
I liked the parkour and historical open world.

Nobody I knew was interested in AC and I thought the people here were really cool.

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 12:16 AM
For the most part, I enjoyed the characters, stories, settings, and the lore in general.

I was intrigued by ACIII, and at the time, enjoyed it enough to stay.

Since then, I played the other games and eventually discovered this place while looking for info about the next AC which is now Unity.

I saw the debates and intelligent ( but silly) people here and joined in.

Haven't looked back since.

Why am I still around? Hmm...The Father of Understanding shall let me know one day. :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
02-25-2015, 12:18 AM
I got attached to AC because of the stealthy kills, historical open world, and the interesting characters. After I played a few games I realized how familiar I was becoming in the series and I didn't see a reason to leave. I had become very invested in the franchise and it's hard to start that with another.

I love these forums because we generally find things out faster than others do. There are many great discussions, and speculation on the next game that is usually very accurate. And the users here are super great. They're amazing to talk to about off-topic things and I like to remind myself during those times how much we all love AC.

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Historical settings.
It's nice to read the forums because of the speculation and some interesting analysis (like stealth sequences breakdowns)

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 12:28 AM
And the users here are super great. They're amazing to talk to about off-topic things and I like to remind myself during those times how much we all love AC.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/70176ed61b333c54e74f423dac825d77/tumblr_njvsjnlNJw1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Assassin_M
02-25-2015, 12:40 AM
I like AC because i love open world games and history. I love roaming around in historical settings. I love immersing myself in this fantasy. It's the closest thing to time travel anyone's gonna get, for now.

Why these forums, because every other AC fandom sucks.

EmptyCrustacean
02-25-2015, 12:44 AM
The lore, the stories, the characters. AC was genre bending - sci fi meets religion meets historical drama.
I love the parkour mechanics and exploration is my fave part of AC. Every time I picked up a new instalment I never felt like I had to get used to the controls.
It felt like coming home and I was able to immerse myself pretty quickly.
I like these forums because it's a pleasure to read the thoughts of fans who are as passionate about the franchise as a whole.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-25-2015, 12:48 AM
I never did like history until I heard of the AC series.

Long story short, Im a visual learner and I prefer seeing things rather than reading about them (history books/class, etc)

Since AC1, I've been hooked, but didn't join then forums until AC3 after a long break after ACR.

The people here are awesome because they're not afraid to be themselves about many things... and they're very nice :o

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 01:31 AM
One reason is that I'm terrified of using anything with wheels and don't travel much so AC's parkour and historical concept resonates with me. =>

The forumers here are the least one-sided of them all, so I prefer reading and participating in the debates/discussions here.

SixKeys
02-25-2015, 01:59 AM
I joined the forums around/after ACB's release. It was at the height of my love for the franchise and no-one I knew was really into the games as much. I fell in love with AC's atmosphere first and foremost, the parkour second, and the overall weaving of modern day and historical plot.

I'm not as passionate about the newer titles. I keep thinking about dropping off because it just feels like going through the motions at this point. But I've stuck around for this long because of the community. I enjoy witnessing all the excitement around every new announcement, being there for the E3 popcorn threads and reading everyone's reviews once the new game comes out.

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 03:30 AM
I saw AC3 on tumblr.

Googled it out of curiosity.

Watched a cutscene movie.

I was intrigued by the story.

I played the games for the story.

Lurked on the forums a few months.

Then joined eventually to join in the cool conversations.

That's when I decided to become Batman

Altair1789
02-25-2015, 03:52 AM
I started AC1 because it partially took place in Syria (I'm part Syrian), I loved the game and decided to get AC2 a while later, not on release date, and from then it became my favorite series. Alta´r is still my favorite protagonist though, I wasn't a fan of Ezio at all by the time I ended AC2

I like the forums because it's fun discussing the AC series

Hans684
02-25-2015, 05:58 AM
I was visiting a friend and he played AC2(just started it), so to begin with a played the series for the history only but after playing AC more and more I started playing for everything AC is. Story now the main reason I'm playing. I joined the forums before the release if Black Flag, the thread I first posted in is "Do not buy Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag".

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:10 AM
I joined the forums before the release if Black Flag, the thread I first posted in is "Do not buy Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag".

Do you agree with your first thread?

Hans684
02-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Do you agree with your first thread?

If I agree with this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/776931-How-do-you-define-an-Assassin-in-AC

Or if agree with AssassinHMS's thread about not buying Black Flag?

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:21 AM
If I agree with this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/776931-How-do-you-define-an-Assassin-in-AC

Or if agree with AssassinHMS's thread about not buying Black Flag?

Oh, nvm. I read it wrong. =p

sings_in_tune
02-25-2015, 06:54 AM
The game I was playing had been abandoned by the developers so I started playing AC because it was not being abandoned. I played AC1 and liked it fine, I played AC2, it was ok, I played some of Brotherhood, then I discovered Rocksmith.

I love the forums mostly because they are so often hilarious. I just laugh and laugh. Also they are fascinating, I learn so many things and in real life I am totally a social failure.:)

DemonLord4lf
02-25-2015, 07:01 AM
I started playing since AC 1 since it reminded me of Prince of Persia. Cant remember when i joined, but I stayed because its so much fun to mess with everyone here :D

Hrafnagud72
02-25-2015, 07:24 AM
I joined the forums around/after ACB's release. It was at the height of my love for the franchise and no-one I knew was really into the games as much. I fell in love with AC's atmosphere first and foremost, the parkour second, and the overall weaving of modern day and historical plot.

I'm not as passionate about the newer titles. I keep thinking about dropping off because it just feels like going through the motions at this point. But I've stuck around for this long because of the community. I enjoy witnessing all the excitement around every new announcement, being there for the E3 popcorn threads and reading everyone's reviews once the new game comes out.

I'm about in the same position you are. I've pretty much dropped AC. I haven't bought the last two games they put out and I don't see myself buying any of them in the future. Not unless they make drastic changes. I still play them but I refuse to give Ubi money.

avk111
02-25-2015, 08:43 AM
In reply to the thread,

I love hero mythology, and it seems with every assassin gets published a new hero story is being told.

First, it was Ezio , the young man who is clueless about his father's origin. Becomes a hungry hero for revenge after losing his father and family memebers to a cruel exceution by a group of people called the templars.

Secondly, Connor, another young man thirsting for justice and revenge for the good of his people, joins a group of people to fight for his cause and established rapport and support, then finds out that the people he is supporting the person he is seeking revenge upon are one in the same, so he admits thier mistake and keeps going forward for the justice of his people.

Third, Arno, a young man filled with guilt and remorse, that the only idea he values is love. and would do anything to retain it, including becoming an assassin himself to bring those who bought injustice to an end and prove himself cleansed from his mistakes to remain with the one he loves i.e. Elise.

Common, with stories like these you should appreciate the value in it.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Basically, I'm a sucker for historical fiction. I will watch anything I come across pertaining to the Renaissance, so AC2's marketing was where I got hooked.

I have a love/hate relationship with this forum, seeing as there are a lot of really chill regulars who are fun to talk/debate with, but it's also the central hub for every pissed-off kid who doesn't like the latest release to come and make 50 "Unity sucks" threads a day. Which is part of the reason I'm pretty much never here anymore.

HiddenKiller612
02-25-2015, 09:38 AM
I love history. I've been enamored with the past for as long as I can remember... and when AC 1 came around, I was actually able to interact with history. Thus, my love for the series grew until I can't see myself not playing the games. I joined the forums because there really isn't a better place to find a vast array of people who enjoy/ed the series. Though I often lurk about the forums, more than post... I'm always reading what people post....

GunnerGalactico
02-25-2015, 05:13 PM
I am a huge fan of the POP franchise, so it was no surprise that I would take to AC as well. I love the open world design, historical settings and parkour most of all. I've been an AC fan ever since the first game was released and I joined the forums after AC4. Ever since joining this place, it is really surprising to see how much I have in common with most of the people here and that's really cool.

ElisedelaSerre_
02-25-2015, 11:25 PM
I saw a music video about AC3 and i thought it looked incredibly awesome. My history classes were all about the french revolution and i saw AC unity had just came out, so i was thrilled to play the game. I finished it pretty quick but the story took my breath away. I didn't expect the ending at all, i didn't expect to actually learn something from a game and i didn't expect to become a huge AC fan at all. I just read the novel and i can't wait for victory to come out. I'm going to play the previous games as well and, of course, read all the novels. (Can i start Reading the novels before playing the game by the way, or will this be too confusing? (Maybe i won't get the story because i don't know the characters and the game itself?))

Everyone tells me i need to stop talking about AC but i can't, so that's why i love these forums. I can finally talk to people about how awesome AC is and they would understand me, and that's great.