PDA

View Full Version : AC Victory Potential Announce 4th March

m4r-k7
02-24-2015, 10:11 AM
So GDC is taking place on the 4th of March with an unannounced title being slotted into the schedule by Ubisoft, with Ashraf Ismail chairing the event! Details here!

http://www.z-giochi.com/news/en/assassins-creed-victory-will-be-shown-on-march-4-at-gdc-2015-139711

Whilst this is quite an early announcement, if it is Victory then that almost confirms Ashraf Ismails involvement in the game!

DemonLord4lf
02-24-2015, 10:13 AM
So GDC is taking place on the 4th of March with an unannounced title being slotted into the schedule by Ubisoft, with Ashraf Ismail chairing the event! Details here!

http://www.z-giochi.com/news/en/assassins-creed-victory-will-be-shown-on-march-4-at-gdc-2015-139711

Whilst this is quite an early announcement, if it is Victory then that almost confirms Ashraf Ismails involvement in the game!

Their hand was kinda forced with the Kotaku leaks...

kosmoscreed
02-24-2015, 10:35 AM
I think it will be a little distasteful to announce it when the other game is not yet fixed.

DemonLord4lf
02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
I think it will be a little distasteful to announce it when the other game is not yet fixed.

Its what you can expect with annual releases... Lets just all forget about Unity and move on ^_^

dimbismp
02-24-2015, 11:02 AM

That would be awesome!Although it seems more likely to me that Ashraf works on a new pirate game than an industrial london AC

VoXngola
02-24-2015, 11:54 AM
That would be awesome!Although it seems more likely to me that Ashraf works on a new pirate game than an industrial london AC

This. If you ask me, he definitely works on a new game not related to AC.
Either way, I don't care. It's Ashraf! I missed him so I'm looking forward to whatever he has to say.

EDIT: He confirmed on twitter that it's not connected to AC in any way.
So no, nothing about Victory on March 4. Wouldn't make sense anyway, Yves said we should expect news about the new AC in May.

So wait for May.

Shahkulu101
02-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Ah, bit disappointing Ashraf's new project isn't AC.

Still excited though, hope it's another Pirate game or even better something completely different.

Fatal-Feit
02-24-2015, 03:47 PM
I could go for some more pirate games.

Defalt221
02-24-2015, 06:02 PM
their hand was kinda forced with the kotaku leaks...

ashraf ismail?!!! Goty 4 sure.

jimbo91375
02-24-2015, 06:11 PM

Ubi, please reconsider porting Rogue to xbox one/ps4. I made the switch when the "new" consoles came out and hate to miss out on this one (as someone who has played every single AC game to 100%).

I will beg and grovel if it helps.

HiddenKiller612
02-24-2015, 06:57 PM
This... I hope they jump start a pirate franchise... That would be so good.

GoldenBoy9999
02-24-2015, 07:57 PM
This. If you ask me, he definitely works on a new game not related to AC.
Either way, I don't care. It's Ashraf! I missed him so I'm looking forward to whatever he has to say.

So no, nothing about Victory on March 4. Wouldn't make sense anyway, Yves said we should expect news about the new AC in May.

So wait for May.

MAY!?! That's way too long... :p Do you have a link to Yves saying this?

Well, it's disappointing at the least. I was hoping we'd get news about Victory at GDC.

I look forward to Ashraf's project, but I don't care for pirates that much. I think AC4 is the best AC game so far, but the pirate stuff hindered it for me. I loved the AC parts about it. My point is that I love the naval games (AC4 and Rogue) but I don't want to play one broken off from AC.

VoXngola
02-24-2015, 10:33 PM
MAY!?! That's way too long... :p Do you have a link to Yves saying this?

Well, it's disappointing at the least. I was hoping we'd get news about Victory at GDC.

I look forward to Ashraf's project, but I don't care for pirates that much. I think AC4 is the best AC game so far, but the pirate stuff hindered it for me. I loved the AC parts about it. My point is that I love the naval games (AC4 and Rogue) but I don't want to play one broken off from AC.

Sure!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/ubisoft-new-assassins-creed-rainbow-six-siege-and-the-division-coming-this-year

Ubisoft mentioned five triple-A titles during its call with investors, but declined to give much in the way of details. However, more on Assassin's Creed will be revealed at its year-end investors call in May.

Looks like we'll have 5 big Ubi games this year again. AC, Division, Rainbow Six and 2 unannounced titles. Ashraf's game could be one of those.

Altair1789
02-24-2015, 11:01 PM

So wait for May.

Damn, GDC got my hopes up :(

ashraf ismail?!!! Goty 4 sure.

I'm not sure if he's the creative director of Victory (or even if that's what you're implying), it's being made by Ubi Quebec and he finished BF not long ago. We can assume Victory will have 3-5 years of development by launch day

DemonLord4lf
02-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Sure!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/ubisoft-new-assassins-creed-rainbow-six-siege-and-the-division-coming-this-year

Looks like we'll have 5 big Ubi games this year again. AC, Division, Rainbow Six and 2 unannounced titles. Ashraf's game could be one of those.

PoP pirate game? :D

A man can dream can't he <.<

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 03:23 AM
Please no pirate spin-off.

Let's not kill the charm of yet another unique game mechanic

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 03:46 AM
^ Why would that kill the charm?

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 03:48 AM
A series of the naval mechanic would make the gameplay go stale overtime

I even had signs of that feeling when playing Rogue

now imagine a semi-annual franchise of 6 games of it down the line

unless they can go above and beyond and incorporate giant whirlpools and other elements that vastly affect gameplay every installment, I just don't see it happening. And there's only so much you can do with pirates before it gets old

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 04:36 AM
The main issue with naval being stale in AC is that you don't play AC for the naval/pirate elements. It's a unique concept that's built around AC's core gameplay mechanics, not the other way around. While Black Flag and Rogue were innovative, they don't have the depth and focus of a game made solely for naval/piracy.

JustPlainQuirky
02-25-2015, 04:38 AM
i just dont want such good gameplay to be drawn out to a chunk more sequels in a franchise to the point its not special anymore

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 04:41 AM
Welp, I'd wait and see what they plan to do with it first. =p

Shahkulu101
02-25-2015, 04:42 AM
i just dont want such good gameplay to be drawn out to a chunk more sequels in a franchise to the point its not special anymore

Well if one or two are special, and the rest lose their charm, just stop buying it.

Hans684
02-25-2015, 06:23 AM
Maybe he is making a game with online Naval only or a story game with online naval(think W_D online) where we fight each other. He did promise he'd make a game with online naval.

Hrafnagud72
02-25-2015, 07:14 AM
We can assume Victory will have 3-5 years of development by launch day

And we can expect Victory to be broken on launch day and need a day one patch. Along with several patches in the following months to fix issues that should never have been released with the game.

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 05:36 PM
And we can expect Victory to be broken on launch day and need a day one patch. Along with several patches in the following months to fix issues that should never have been released with the game.

( Sigh)

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:44 PM
That's what they said about Black Flag.

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 05:46 PM
If Victory launches with similar issues like Unity had on release, the franchise is done. #Isaiditfirst

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Victory will have a good launch, I'm 99% sure. It's reusing the same engine in Unity and improving upon it, including addressing the other issues Unity had like companion apps that lock content, etc.

The next generation of AC, that reinvents the engine and all that, is what I'm worried about. After AC3 and Unity, if it's not delayed, I know it'll be a disaster.

GunnerGalactico
02-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Victory will have a good launch, I'm 99% sure. It's reusing the same engine in Unity and improving upon it, including addressing the other issues Unity had like companion apps that lock content, etc.

The next generation of AC, that reinvents the engine and all that, is what I'm worried about. After AC3 and Unity, if it's not delayed, I know it'll be a disaster.

^ Hopefully

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Do you think the next generation of AC will already start with the game that follows Victory?

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Probably. After Revelations, the developers knew they were REALLY stretching it with a third title. Rogue isn't as big of an issue since Unity was released the same year, but people were still vocal about it. TBH, I feel like Rogue was a last minute thing and the producers were only expecting to have 3 and Black Flag.

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Probably. After Revelations, the developers knew they were REALLY stretching it with a third title. Rogue isn't as big of an issue since Unity was released the same year, but people were still vocal about it. TBH, I feel like Rogue was a last minute thing and the producers were only expecting to have 3 and Black Flag.
My thoughts are the same about Rogue. But besides the way too short story it turned out to be a great game which combined the strengths of ACIII & ACIV.

So, new generation of AC would mean a whole new direction of settings, right? Which one would you prefer or where do you think we're heading to?

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:25 PM
So, new generation of AC would mean a whole new direction of settings, right? Which one would you prefer or where do you think we're heading to?

Oh man, I'm not a history guy. I couldn't tell you the exact period I'd like, but I want to see the franchise taken to the far east. i.e China/Japan

It's the change in culture and architecture the franchise need after nearly a decade of Europe/America settings. Honestly, the far east is exactly where I believe the next generation of AC is headed.

Shahkulu101
02-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Oh man, I'm not a history guy. I couldn't tell you the exact period I'd like, but I want to see the franchise taken to the far east. i.e China/Japan

It's the change in culture and architecture the franchise need after nearly a decade of Europe/America settings. Honestly, the far east is exactly where I believe the next generation of AC is headed.

So we'll have:

Altair's one game (boo)
Ezio trilogy
Kenway Saga
Arno's one game (boo, only bc Napoleon is wasted)
Far East saga (2-3 games in Asian setting)

Good shout.

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Three games in Asia? Yeah, that should shut everyone up. :rolleyes:

Granted, I don't mind China as much...

If anything, I rather have a rotation of settings than being in one selective area in the world.

aL_____eX
02-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Three games in Asia? Yeah, that should shut everyone up. :rolleyes:

Granted, I don't mind China as much...

If anything, I rather have a rotation of settings than being in one selective area in the world.
What would your favourite setting for the game following Victory be? And is 'rotation of settings' meant in terms of time periods and eras or locations?

GunnerGalactico
02-25-2015, 06:37 PM

An Asian setting would definitely be a refreshing change for AC.

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 06:48 PM
What would your favourite setting for the game following Victory be? And is 'rotation of settings' meant in terms of time periods and eras or locations?

Yes, that's what I meant.

And the Viking period. It would give a completely different feel like Victory has.

Other places are Egypt, MR Japan, and Babylon.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
So we'll have:

Altair's one game (boo)
Ezio trilogy
Kenway Saga
Arno's one game (boo, only bc Napoleon is wasted)
Far East saga (2-3 games in Asian setting)

Good shout.

Altair Legacy (I like to include Bloodlines)
Ezio Trilogy
Kenway Saga (this includes Liberation and FC)
Current Saga (Unity & Victory + ???)
Far East Saga (2-3 games in Asia)

Sounds about right.

dargor5
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
I still have my doubtsabout the Asian setting, after all is something that is not very known by probably the mayority of the player base of AC. What I wonder is what else? Because they cover the most notorious periods already, Crussades,Rennassansse, American Revolution (granted this one is not well versed to non americans but eh, lots of americans play AC so it had to be done)French revolution, pirates. Can't think of any other "contemporary" time periods that are famous.
Those asian perios you guys mentioned I only know because I love anime, otherwise I dont think the mayority of the people would like that kind of setting because of having no idea what happened

Altair1789
02-25-2015, 10:08 PM
I'm calling it now, Victory and Unity are going to be "ends with a Y" saga

Victory
Unity

SixKeys
02-25-2015, 10:48 PM

Victory
Unity

Destiny?

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Infamy could be fitting but that was used for ToKW

GoldenBoy9999
02-26-2015, 12:37 AM

Victory
Unity

Ooh, I got one. I'll say that our 1920's game will complete the "ends with a Y" trilogy with, Prosperity.

The 1920's are similar to the Victorian Age as the Victorian age is to the FR in terms of architecture and city so it fits. After that they can move on to Japan. :cool:

SixKeys
02-26-2015, 01:15 AM
Liberty would be fitting, but people might confuse it with Liberation.

ze_topazio
02-26-2015, 01:27 AM
Unity
Victory
Glory

Shahkulu101
02-26-2015, 01:28 AM
Assassins Creed Diversity

Assassins Creed Equality

Assassins Creed Poverty

Assassins Creed Novelty

Assassins Creed Yogurt-y (starring Shaun)

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2015, 01:31 AM
Unity, Victory, Liberty

Liberty will be the redundant third installment that people will mock for reusing a ton of assets from the previous two games.

DisbandedBox359
02-26-2015, 01:59 AM

Victory
Unity

I was gonna call them The Sage saga haha

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 03:30 AM
I like the sound of Glory. :rolleyes:

Fit the Viking period perfectly. :p

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 03:34 AM
I wonder if they go with that abstract name (like Unity) or change it to something more catchable like 'Black Flag'.

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 04:12 AM
I wonder if they go with that abstract name (like Unity) or change it to something more catchable like 'Black Flag'.

Assassin's Creed: Reign

A title that works so so so much better.

But can't be used. :(

DemonLord4lf
02-26-2015, 04:16 AM
Assassin's Creed: Reign

A title that works so so so much better.

But can't be used. :(

They should do AC Naruto :p

Xstantin
02-26-2015, 04:31 AM
I like the sound of Glory. :rolleyes:

Fit the Viking period perfectly. :p

Heh, Lorde and Vikings trailer

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Heh, Lorde and Vikings trailer

Hehe. :p

They should do AC Naruto :p

Do not speak of my son.

Altair1789
02-26-2015, 08:28 PM

Assassin's Creed: Black Top Hat

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Assassin's Creed: Black Top Hat
Not the worst idea.

Assassin's Creed: Red Hair Lady giving Black Top Hat

Xstantin
02-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Assassin's Creed: Red Hair Lady

seems like there's always one in Ubi games

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 10:25 PM
seems like there's always one in Ubi games

AC1- Maria
ACR- Sofia
AC4- Caroline/Anne
ACU- Elise
ACB- Catherina

I can't remember ones in II or III.

ze_topazio
02-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Assassin's Creed: Mysteries in the Fog

Locopells
02-27-2015, 01:19 AM
AC1- Maria
ACR- Sofia
AC4- Caroline/Anne
ACU- Elise
ACB- Catherina

Catherina for II, sorta counts...

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Catherina for II, sorta counts...

Ah, forgot she was in II. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-27-2015, 01:45 AM
AC1- Maria
ACR- Sofia
AC4- Caroline/Anne
ACU- Elise
ACB- Catherina

Maria didn't have red hair.

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 01:47 AM
Maria didn't have red hair.

You know, I keep saying she did even though she didn't.

Then there's Revelations and the section in II. :rolleyes:

But all in all, you're right.