PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite Assassin's Creed game, outfit and location?

KimSul
02-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Mine has to be Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Connor's Charlestown outfit and Paris ^,^ What about you?

http://joo-hyun.tumblr.com/post/111885887869/my-favourite-assassins-creed-outfits-and

wichking
02-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Unity, Altairs Armor on Ezio and Paris

playlisting
02-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Assassin's Creed II - Connor's robes and Florence. Assassin's Creed IV is a close second. AC IV was the first game in the series that they could be very flexible with in terms of what happened. Ezio's story had finished, Altair's story had finished and Desmond's story had finished. All the central characters of the past ACs were gone. I think taking it to the West Indies was a great idea because it's so bright and colourful with bright blue seas and everyone having a good time. It was far more relaxed about the creed and the story (though the story was still very good) and was just about having fun as a pirate.

daveb6429
02-23-2015, 11:30 PM
AC2 and Brotherhood, unmatched to date. Played them over and over again and will continue to play them.

strigoi1958
02-24-2015, 12:54 AM
AC3 for me... because it was a big step forward... I know a lot of people may not like AC3 especially after Ezio (who is my favourite Assassin) because he is such a great character.. and most people did not see how underplayed Connor was.... He was quiet spoken but liked by the homesteaders and it didn't stop him being an extremely lethal assassin... like a wolf in sheep's clothing :D

The white and red outfit Ezio wore was my favourite but Unity has some good options as well.

playlisting
02-25-2015, 09:11 PM
AC3 for me because it was a big step forward. I know a lot of people may not like AC3 especially after Ezio (who is my favourite Assassin) because he is such a great character and most people did not see how underplayed Connor was. He was quiet spoken but liked by the homesteaders and it didn't stop him being an extremely lethal assassin

Agreed. While Connor's charisma was lacking he was certainly the most agile assassin of the series and by far the deadliest. He was quiet and considerate but also very naive as he didn't understand how the world worked outside his tribe. The voice actor fitted his personality well in my opinion. The main negative I have against AC III was the fact that the cities weren't set up for parkour as much as the others were but I suppose the buildings of the time period and the wide streets didn't really allow for it. Thankfully the frontier was packed with places to go.

Lignjoslav
02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
It's not just that Connor didn't understand, he didn't even try to understand. That sets him apart from (and below) Altair, for instance. It's not just that he didn't understand the world around him, he didn't care, or he even lacked the capacity to understand. He rubbed shoulders with the most prominent people of the time, he did them favours, and he never capitalized on that. And it's not just the wider world which he didn't understand. While he was on his quest, sometimes deliberately blind for the world around him, he was no more than a mindless drone of the First Civilization. Even when it was obvious that by doing their bidding he was not helping his village or his people, he carried on, unquestioningly.

And the only times that he is not acting like an automaton are occasions when he argues with Achilles, with the game depicting him as a grown man and him acting like a 14 year old, trying to assert himself by defying his father for the first time.

There are other aspects in which AC3 was the low point of the series, including the overall lack of attention to details. For instance, the game telling you that, in order to achieve full sync with your ancestor, you have to follow a convoy without hiding in a hay cart, and then, when you arrive to the destination, Connor magically emerges from the same hay cart in which he was not hiding. Or the assassination contracts. In every AC except AC3, each target is an individual with a back story. In AC3, all of the targets are simply "Templars", they have no name, no history, they use the same 3D model, they behave in the same way and all you need to do is walk up to them and stab them. Not to mention that even most of the higher ranked participants in the Templar conspiracy in AC3 are not true members of the Order, but somehow these rambling lunatics (that's how they behave, in case anyone has forgotten), somehow they are referred to as Templars by the game.

As for other aspects of that title, I found the frontier impressive in size, but traversing through it was often a very tedious task. Similar goes for the economy, it was supposed to add depth and realism compared to the previous games, but eventually it got boring and tedious as well. The cities themselves weren't actually so unfit for parkour as much as they looked uninviting and uninspiring.

Finally, the story didn't really live up to the potential. Connor's story really had huge potential: it happened during a revolution in which true secret society members played large roles, but the main protagonist was blind and deaf for all of that and the participation of Freemasons in the whole affair came down to them leaving some weird scribbles in the tunnels, kind of like a weird afterthought. And the present day story? What does a typical uninspired writer do when he doesn't know how to finish a story? He kills the main character. And in case of AC3, that was combined with what's quite literally a deus ex machina solution to the problem of Earths impending doom, bundled into one event, one "line" that solved all of the writer's problems.

TH3R4BB1T
02-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Some games are missing... Like Chronicles, Bloodlines, etc. But I liked AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations (because of the crazy mission with the parachute XD). AC3 was a bit boring, more the period it played in, although they added a lot of cool stuff. AC4 I enjoyed a lot because of the sailing, but it was not really an Assassin game (more just a pirate one with assassin elements). Lets forget Unity....

Of all the outfits, then the one of Revelations at the start. A close second is the Bayou outfit from Liberation (red one with a painted face).

There is not a location to name which stands out, I liked them all in there own way.

ACE7492
02-25-2015, 11:14 PM
AC2 and Black Flag may be a tie. I knew all the games would be good but I was really blown away with AC4. I did not have high hopes for it because it was so pirate-ey, but after playing it I loved everything about it.

I truly liked the starting assassin gear for Connor. I think they did a great job on his attire.

My favorite place was the area between all the main cities in AC1 because I spent soooo much time looking for King Richards flags.

Lets forget Unity.

KimSul
02-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Some games are missing... Like Chronicles, Bloodlines, etc.

LOL I know, sorry :( I only included the PC Assassin's Creeds I'm actually hoping Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines and Pirates actually get a port to PC ^,^ And maybe the others but mainly those three (well mainly Bloodlines :D )