PDA

View Full Version : Type of Assassin's Creed movie

rob1990312
02-23-2015, 09:50 PM
there is probably similar threads to this but oh well.
what i am asking is what type of movie do you expect ac to be, will it be a big summer romp like prince of persia with lots of american actors and not a very smart film or a more adult, plot driven, serious film with a cast of european actors to reflect the setting
i would personally like a more serious one with European actors.
we know already that michael fassbender and marion cottilard have been cast but is there any other actors that you would like to see cast?
what are peoples opinions?

king-hailz
02-23-2015, 10:14 PM
I don't want it to be a cheesy film that doesn't represent the tone of the games, I hope it goes with the more serious and mysterious tones that the earlier games had to the more Hollywood style of the later games... I want that feeling we got in AC1 or the feeling we got from being in Venice just listening 'Tour of Venice'. I want a more plot driven serious game.

rob1990312
02-23-2015, 10:30 PM
ya a film in the same style or tone as assassins creed 1 would be nice
id also like to see a good modern day section maybe with this they could restart it and do it right

Xstantin
02-23-2015, 10:38 PM
will watch it for Fassbender

rob1990312
02-23-2015, 10:40 PM
they could have went wit a german setting for the film as fassbender is half irish german and speaks fluent germain as far as i know

aL_____eX
02-23-2015, 10:45 PM
they could have went wit a german setting for the film as fassbender is half irish german and speaks fluent germain as far as i know
He's definitely fluent but you can clearly hear his accent. :o

rob1990312
02-23-2015, 10:53 PM
already with him and cottilard on board things look good, cottilard is french actress for anyone who doesnt know

rob1990312
02-23-2015, 11:03 PM
other actors i like to see in this are mads mikkelson and vincent cassel

aL_____eX
02-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Don't know why, but I'd love to see Nick Nolte.

alwaysnarnar
03-29-2015, 09:34 PM
K, I posted this in another thread & realized it was a little off topic, so here we are, thread-specific:

Pop movie vs AC movie -- what's your opinion on the Pop adaptation & do you think the AC movie will fare any different/better/worse? (Would you see it?)

Hardcore gamer vs Fanboy Troll. -- what constitutes the difference? Is there a difference? Who is more openly critical of Ubi's actions? (Sry... newb question, I know..)

Casual Gamer vs Hardcore gamer -- who do you think will be more positively inclined to AC movie marketing via social media, etc.?

What are your primary concerns in seeing an AC movie come to fruition? (staying true to AC ethos & mythology, look & feel etc.?)

What does Ubi need to do to make AC the next Dark Knight?

Do video game adaptations stand a chance against Superhero franchises?

Backstory here: I love AC (I've played each major release since its inception) & I want to work in entertainment, so I've chosen to do a PR/social media/marketing plan for the upcoming AC movie, as my final project for grad school. (It's essentially a 40pg research paper). I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys can offer to help me along. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

alwaysnarnar

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/179/d/5/ezio_and_leonardo_screenshot_by_jakiron-d5560q0.jpg

IsAZebraACat
03-30-2015, 11:25 AM
I want it to be good, and I want the Splinter Cell movie to be good, but the odds are really stacked against us.

Has there ever been a movie about a video game that actually stayed true to the source material?

VestigialLlama4
03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
there is probably similar threads to this but oh well.

Actually the movie is under-discussed in the background really. Some of us have forgotten if its there or not. Most of are too disappointed by UNITY/ROGUE to give a damn.

what i am asking is what type of movie do you expect ac to be, will it be a big summer romp like prince of persia with lots of american actors and not a very smart film

This. Ubisoft is looking to exploit every last ounce of the AC concept. They just want a blockbuster film franchise. So I expect a movie like the typical summer blockbuster stuff.

or a more adult, plot driven, serious film with a cast of european actors to reflect the setting

If they were a little smart and made it on a smaller budget and hired a really talented film-maker, it might have worked. But intelligence left the building a long time ago.

Ideally, what they should do is make a purely historical game set in the Crusades, dealing with the origins of the Assassins, a prequel to AC1 really. That can explore and introduce the Assassin Brotherhood (which most audiences won't know anything about), introduce the Creed, the Assassinations, some of the basic elements of the lore and bring in the modern day element at the end. Basically take the same approach that AC1 did in introducing the concept.

What they are doing seems to be going in a new historical era and introducing the Italian setting again, which will confuse people really, because they won't know if its purely historical or fantastic.