PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Servers Just Cost Me 70,000F / 30 mins. . .FOR NOTHING.

Cloudburst--
02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Why is this allowed to happen?

I did a co op mission called 'Ancient History' or something where you get 25,000 for completion and an extra 45,000 if you do it without any alerts. So I spent 30 minutes on this and was getting about 68,000 in coinage . . .found the right chest. . .got the money and was 'escaping the area'.

Killed 3 guards and was about to run through the window and escape the area - suddenly the world collapses. I get booted outside the mission , lost all the money etc.

The reason I got booted out?

For a message which read 'The connection to ubisoft servers have been established."

WHY DO I CARE ABOUT THE CONNECTION BEING ESTABLISHED!? HOW DARE THEY CANCEL EVERYTHING I DID FOR 30 MINS TO TELL ME SUCH A MUNDANE MESSAGE!?

What a massive pointless waste of my time, and my life.

It's annoyed me so much I'm on this stupid forum writing a message which no one from ubisoft will even bother reading.

The best thing about it was that I wasn't playing co op. . .I was playing PRIVATELY. . .so there wasn't even any need for any stupid servers!!

Disgusted.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:45 PM
First of all

who takes 30 minutes on a heist?

2-5 minutes no more bruh

Shahkulu101
02-22-2015, 06:00 PM
First of all

who takes 30 minutes on a heist?

2-5 minutes no more bruh

If it's 5 star and he did it all himself 30 mins is impressive.

I really don't like Heist missions. Just guards everywhere and you can't move an inch.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:01 PM
If it's 5 star and he did it all himself 30 mins is impressive.

I really don't like Heist missions. Just guards everywhere and you can't move an inch.

it belongs in a museum is 5 stars and i complete it in 2-5 min regularly.

#GloatingQuirky

but i guess it depends on how well equipped you are.

also that mission i specified has an exploit so...

still, 30 minutes would drive me insane

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 06:05 PM
And they'll detect you even if it's technically impossible.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Heists become insanely easy if you have the legendary military brace

12 phantom blades = easy win

its the only non-phantom legendary gear i wear

Shahkulu101
02-22-2015, 06:10 PM
And they'll detect you even if it's technically impossible.

I know it might sound like I'm whining bc I'm not good enough...

But I played SC: Blacklist on Perfectionist and when I was detected it never felt cheap or unfair. Unity's detection system and guard distribution (especially snipers) are a mess. The game just feel so clumsy sometimes. Whereas on SC or Far Cry, everything is smooth and slick while still retaining a challenge.

I dunno, I can't fully describe it. Maybe I'm just crap but Unity's stealth feels unrefined if that's the right word.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I never actually had a problem with detection.

Weird.

And I'm terrible at stealth in games like Dishonored.

Xstantin
02-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Weird.

And I'm terrible at stealth in games like Dishonored.

Funny, I can breeze through Dishonored without any trouble but can easily fail the beginning of Catacomb raider which is supposed to be an easy heist in Unity

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:30 PM
i just abuse the phantom blades and smoke bombs to win heists 100%

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 07:24 PM
For me the alert system is one of Unity's biggest problems, especially in heists. I would understand that guards are on call in heists more than in free roam but often it's ridiculous. I'm in a room which has walls to all sides, yet when I alert one guard, 20 ! pop up and guards from the other side of the building on a different floor (this is no joke!) start chasing me.

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Speaking of the devil... I just played a Heist mission when this happened. You can clearly see, the guards attacking me in the end are clearly on a different floor first. In my logic, there's no way the would be alerted by what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-Zb43wRHY

straty88
02-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Speaking of the devil... I just played a Heist mission when this happened. You can clearly see, the guards attacking me in the end are clearly on a different floor first. In my logic, there's no way the would be alerted by what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-Zb43wRHY

Says the video is private, however I do know exactly what you're talking about. Happens fairly often in Heists & co-op missions.

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 09:22 PM
^ Oops, fixed it. Should work now.

straty88
02-22-2015, 09:27 PM
^ Oops, fixed it. Should work now.

Cheers. :) You showcased the reason I stopped using Berserk darts. For some reason it alerts everyone in the near vicinity. Plus if you get spotted, it just exacerbates the situation. Only time I use them is to take out an enemy by hitting them with 2.