PDA

View Full Version : Changes Needed for AC Victory

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 12:49 PM
1. Don't release the game half finished. Im quiet pissed off that I payed £120 for the Guilotine Edition, it took 3 months for it to be of suitable performance and now the base game is £25. Even if I didn't buy the Guilotine Edition, it still cost £45 for the base game at launch.

2. Get rid of that horrid sound design. Everything sounds muffled and its horrible.

3. Bring back picking up weapons, our protagonist isn't stupid.

4. Bring back pick up bodies. Why on earth this was removed in a game where a pillar is "Stealth" i have no idea.

5. Bring back whistle. If we want to manipulate one guard in a short radius, a bomb is not ideal at all.

6. Better story! The content in Unity in my opinion was completely fine, but the story was horrible. Even though the game now 3 months later is more playable and less glitchy, it still sucks to me cause it has the worst story in an AC game to date.

Anyone got any more?

Farlander1991
02-22-2015, 12:57 PM
4. Bring back pick up bodies. Why on earth this was removed in a game where a pillar is "Stealth" i have no idea.

Out of curiosity, how much have you used the 'pick up bodies' feature outside of mission requirements (i.e. when levels specifically ask to pick up smb)l?

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Out of curiosity, how much have you used the 'pick up bodies' feature outside of mission requirements (i.e. when levels specifically ask to pick up smb)l?

Quiet a lot actually. I use to throw bodies over buildings a lot in the Ezio games, I was always really careful to be stealthy

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 02:16 PM
I agree on everything but this:

2. Get rid of that horrid sound design. Everything sounds muffled and its horrible.

I can understand people complaining about the lack of ambient music, but the city feels so alive this time which kind of compensates it for me. Overall sound design (Soundtrack, combat music etc.) is pretty good imo.

edit: Or are you talking about the sound quality? I missed that reading your post. I partly agree with you on that... Sometimes it really sounds odd.

SixKeys
02-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Picking up bodies was useful sometimes but:

1) it made stealth too easy

2) it was annoying when sometimes you went to loot someone and the assassin picked up the body instead.

If they bring back picking up bodies, they should make it more realistic. Make it actually take precious time and effort to drag someone out of view, like in Hitman.

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Picking up bodies was useful sometimes but:

1) it made stealth too easy

2) it was annoying when sometimes you went to loot someone and the assassin picked up the body instead.

If they bring back picking up bodies, they should make it more realistic. Make it actually take precious time and effort to drag someone out of view, like in Hitman.
And I didn't like the aesthetic aspect about picking up bodies. The Walking animation with a body over your shoulder looks so awkward.

The_Pashker-Man
02-22-2015, 02:52 PM
They need to do the picking up bodies like takedown and drag from fc3 just in third person view

Democrito_71
02-22-2015, 03:24 PM
I posted this idea in a another thread about these 4 different Point systems in Unity and how to make it better in future AC-games, so here it is;

Instead of having;
1. Sync points to buy skills
2. Creed Points to upgrade weapons, outfit parts and buy color palettes
3. Helix credits (micro transactions duh) to buy all these stuffs with in real life currency and
4. Paris currency to buy outfits and weapons

I think there is a better solution for a Point system for future games than Unity’s complicated Point systems

First of all, get rid of the sync point system and unlock all skills from the beginning. It was very annoying in Unity not being able too sit on benches, throw money pouches, do a roll recovering, double assassinations + Aerial double assassinations etc. if you haven’t bought these skills with sync points.

Second remove the stats on the outfit parts and weapons completely. I want to choose my favorite outfit parts and weapons due too it’s designs and not for what stats it has.

Thirdly, Remove the Helix system completely.

And fourthly, keep the Creed points and changes it so you buy stats upgrades for the main character specifically instead using it to buy weapon upgrades, outfits upgrades and to buy colors pallets.

Creed Points should be used as a way to buy stats upgrades like these:

Melee –
A. Increases the weapon speed
B. Increases the weapon damage

Stealth –
A. Increase the time to blend in crowds
B. Increases the blend fade time
C. Reduces restricted area detection
D. Reduces falling noise
E. Reduces running noise

Health –
A. Increases the health points
B. Reduces the amount of taken damage
C. Reduces the damage from falling.

Range –
A. Increases the amount of different bombs
B. Increases the amount of throwing knifes
C. Increases the amount of ammunition
D. Increases the range distance for range weapons such as pistols, rifles, bows, crossbows and throwing knifes
E. Increases the damage for range weapons such as pistols, rifles, bows, crossbows and throwing knifes

The Paris currencies should be used to buy outfit parts, weapons, color palettes and to replenish your tools, ammunitions and medicines from shops.

The Helix credits which I sadly believe will be kept for the nearest future. I thoroughly dislike micro transactions in games in general and especially the Helix system in Unity. Why pay with real life currencies for unlocking stuff earlier in the game when those stuff are already on the disc?? Micro transactions only makes me pissed off. I think it should be removed completely. Assassins Creed is foremost a Single player game and Micro transactions shouldn’t be a part of it at all.

So for future Assassins Creed games, I think there only should only be;

The in Game Currency; used for buying outfit parts, weapons, color palettes and to replenish your tools, ammunitions and medicines from shops.

The Creed Point System; to buy stats upgrades for the main character specifically.

What do you guys think?

EmptyCrustacean
02-22-2015, 03:59 PM
- Bring back modern day story line!
- Make an actual Assassin's Creed story. AKA the protagonist should be an Assassin through and through who is fully committed to the Creed.
- No origin story. AC 1 did a wonderful job of introducing us to the Brotherhood without having to explore Altair's origin.
- Bring back ambient music! The world and atmosphere feels so dead without it!

Shahkulu101
02-22-2015, 04:20 PM
- More consistent AI
- Better designed stealth
- Whistle
- Side missions to be focused and meaningful - quality not quantity
- No Co-op
- No skill tree
- Customization to be just as detailed cosmetically, but no stats on gear
- Story must find a balance between Forrest Gump and totally disconnected when it comes to history
- AMBIENT MUSIC

EmbodyingSeven5
02-22-2015, 04:30 PM
-change the stealth button to R3 or L3 because I kept clicking L2/R2 on accident lol.
- make assassination missions more open( follow dishonored example)
- agree with ambient music
- when you go into combat zoom the camera out so we can see around ourselves
- please bring back human shield or for Christ sake please don't have every guard carrying a pistol
- make the traditional robes displayed in trailers and gameplay an outfit so I have the option to wear it throughout the game
-fix the cover system!

thank you (:

dimbismp
02-22-2015, 04:35 PM
More and evolved blackboxes.

AMM

Not overpowered grappling hook(it is not a change,i know)

A bigger and nonrevenge story that revolves around the Creed.

Fewer and more meaningful side missions.ACU had many decent side missions,which were overshadowed by many more bad side missions.

Story driven coop+chronological unlocking of missions

Whistling

Ambient music

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Hey Pac is back.

And I agree with most of list.

I already made my own list recently in another thread.

But I dont think stuff like picking up bodies is a necessity, as much as I miss it.

It's like petting animals.

Pac you should guest on the podcast if you can. :3

EmptyCrustacean
02-22-2015, 05:16 PM
- Make the cover to cover system like Watchdogs.
- Do not hide single player content behind CO-OP.
- No random customisation menu. Breaks immersion and loses the identity of the character.
- Side missions that actually let us discover more about the character himself, not just random 'strangers and freaks'

Selian DeSang
02-22-2015, 05:20 PM
-more to the modern day story(we are going to london and all i can say is shaun
-be able to round corners in cover and seperate the buttons used to get in and out of cover
-swap the buttons for crouch and aim(xbox)
-human shields
-whistle
-do not lock gear behind internet walls (i shouldnt have to have a connection to get all the in game gear)
-no locking outifts and gear behind apps(some of us do not have smart devices)
-improve game sound, ambient and otherwise
-longer story
-make side missions make sense with the main story
-faster economy
-faster controls (i should be able to mow a group down and get all the creed points not this wait then finish the enemy)
-seperate gear and stats i should be able to look the way i want without it affecting my stats
-less constraints, or no constraints i should be able to pull off the assassination in the way i want without being told to do it a certain way.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Make the cover to cover system like Watchdogs.

i hate the watch dogs cover mechanic. too automatic and sticky

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Unity's cover mechanics are too sticky as well. I just noticed it when playing Coop. Trying to reset all markers (L1 + X on PS4), Arno always tries to go into cover. That's stupid.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:29 PM
The cover mechanic used to never work for me.

They patched changes i think but I still have trouble controlling when Arno is behind something or not.

sometimes he just refuses to get behind cover

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 05:37 PM
From my experience it should be like this:

X = go into cover

X and X + thumbstick up = Leave cover (with thumbstick up kind of turn aroud a corner and leave)

X + thumbstick left or right = Move behind cover

Like I said it should be like this, it never really works though.

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Pac you should guest on the podcast if you can. :3

The wha?

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
The wha?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1007477-AC-Forum-Podcast-Idea-Forums

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 06:11 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1007477-AC-Forum-Podcast-Idea-Forums

This is a nice idea, I will see if I can soon. I haven't been around lately cause Uni

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:15 PM
This is a nice idea, I will see if I can soon. I haven't been around lately cause Uni

yeah i know the feel. had to push back official recording 1 week because of Uni projects

but that's off-topic of me *flies away on magic carpet*

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 07:21 PM
I wonder if we're going back to ACIII parkour which sometimes was extremely difficult because of the huge gaps between buildings in New York and Boston. Victory will have a huge focus on streets, so I see kind of a mix between ACIIIs and Unity's map design.

dimbismp
02-22-2015, 07:23 PM
I wonder if we're going back to ACIII parkour which sometimes was extremely difficult because of the huge gaps between buildings in New York and Boston. Victory will have a huge focus on streets, so I see kind of a mix between ACIIIs and Unity's map design.

Maybe we will be able to cross wide streets by jumping from moving carriage to moving carriage

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Maybe we will be able to cross wide streets by jumping from moving carriage to moving carriage
That would be cool. ACIII made crossing streets - especially with enemies patrolling in them - extremely difficult because of the broken alert system (:rolleyes:) and the huge gaps between houses. And they had no power supply line kind of things.

Xstantin
02-22-2015, 07:51 PM
^Beams, ropes and planks. Maybe pipes. Or train runs like Watch_Dogs.

Shahkulu101
02-22-2015, 08:51 PM
^Beams, ropes and planks. Maybe pipes. Or train runs like Watch_Dogs.

Grappling hook.

SolidNSnake1985
02-22-2015, 08:53 PM
* for it to have a steady 30fps like Black Flag

*do we really need that much crowd in the game? some ppl do .. but for me they need to cut it a bit .. i don't know about the victorian era .. but hopefully less crowd than Unity

Altair1789
02-22-2015, 08:56 PM
One of the things that has to be reverted is air assassination range

Xstantin
02-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Grappling hook.

forgot about that. But yeah plenty of opportunities

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Booker DeWitt with Sky-Hook confirmed. :rolleyes: