PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft I've had enough

BadManConz69
02-22-2015, 06:00 AM
I've had enough of your lame *** releases seriously buggy pile of crap performance in this game even after patch 5 with apparently fixes performance lol ******** too that you are a joke of a company this patch does nothing its great that you got rid of the initiates ******** and gave us access to all the chests but its pointless if we run at **** unplayable frame rates and sorry for the swearing I've just had enough.... watch this to see. I've had enough with Ubisoft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksitWTNkOI8
I'm scared for the division i really am....

strigoi1958
02-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Bye... missing you already :D

Anykeyer
02-22-2015, 08:12 AM
If 60 fps is unplayable then I want off this planet.
Oh, you mean that part when he tries MSAA 8x? But the answer is right before his stupid eyes. First, VRAM, its already almost full even w/o 8x, when he sets 8x GPU starts to use RAM. Second, with the level of geometry Unity has MSAA practically becomes SSAA. GPU has to render most of the pixels on the screen 8 times.
MSAA was a good tech when it was introduced (in 2001) and for some years after that, back then games didnt have complex geometry. But currently its becomes too demanding, many games already began to drop MSAA support.

YazX_
02-22-2015, 11:44 AM
The game works fine on his machine, the freezing and stuttering he has at first is a common issue that happens only first time when you perform the action, like first time shoving an NPC, first time you kill an enemy, i believe this is happening because the game is loading textures when you perform the action not when loading the map, so its annoying yes, but it only happens once when you start your play session, its not a big deal but instead the guy made it a huge problem and said its stuttering like crazy where it only did that three times when performing actions for the first time and never after.

The guy is clearly a novice and unaware of what he is doing, his system sustained avg 60 FPS which is a great outcome from a single GTX 980 taking into consideration that he has PCSS enabled which slashes 1/3 of his FPS, i bet he doesnt even know what PCSS is and he just bumped all graphics settings to max without a slightest idea of each and every one.

Regarding 8xMSAA, what Mako said so no need to repeat.

Last, i can play the game avg 50 FPS @ 2560 x 1440 maxed out without PCSS on single GTX 970 which is great.

melodspark
02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
playing more than 2hours now with sli gtx 980 gaming (oc) + i7 4770k (Oc) and i can't handle 60fps even set the Antialiasing to msaa*4 ?? i think the previous patch was better then this.and it's just a joke ..after 5 patchs the problems steel there ..not all of them yes like water freaking..etc, but what a bout fps drop ? and theses lags ? stutter ?just confused after all this time waiting to start the game.
i ll be waiting fot another patch maybe ? NO THX

melodspark
02-22-2015, 03:36 PM
I've had enough of your lame *** releases seriously buggy pile of crap performance in this game even after patch 5 with apparently fixes performance lol ******** too that you are a joke of a company this patch does nothing its great that you got rid of the initiates ******** and gave us access to all the chests but its pointless if we run at **** unplayable frame rates and sorry for the swearing I've just had enough.... watch this to see. I've had enough with Ubisoft.

The devision ?? forgoet it ..after 5 Patchs they could't fix sttutering and these horrible lags because of a lot Unite appearing on the game(peoples, objects...etc). i think Ubisoft (excuse me for the word) but they just going crash !

YazX_
02-22-2015, 07:06 PM
playing more than 2hours now with sli gtx 980 gaming (oc) + i7 4770k (Oc) and i can't handle 60fps even set the Antialiasing to msaa*4 ?? i think the previous patch was better then this.and it's just a joke ..after 5 patchs the problems steel there ..not all of them yes like water freaking..etc, but what a bout fps drop ? and theses lags ? stutter ?just confused after all this time waiting to start the game.

ok ill repeat it again, SLI and Crossfire are not game devs responsibility to optimize, its Nvidia/AMD responsibilities to provide and optimize games' profiles, however, Nvidia lately is doing a very bad job in providing and optimizing SLI profiles for all games and i just gave up on SLI due to this fact and went with single card and havent seen any scaling/performance issues since. so you should be on Nvidia's forum --> SLI board complaining about ACU SLI scaling.

similarly
02-23-2015, 06:43 AM
I have never bothered with any software to read my framerate, and in all the years I've been playing computer games (more than 30 years) I have only had ONE time where a game was "unplayable" and that was because my video card was WAAAAAAAAY underspec. Especially after getting better computers (to handle my video editing), every game looks smooth enough for me.

I don't try to run on max graphics settings. I rarely check. Why? I started playing games on a pong console. EVERYTHING looks amazing to me.

Unity is a BEAUTIFUL game. For me, it runs smoothly and the graphics are beautiful. Do I run at max settings? I'll take a wild guess and say "no". Do I get 60 frames a second? I wear bifocals. I'm not sure I'd NOTICE the difference between 30 and 60 fps.

If one is hung up on numbers and stats, I think then one must resign oneself to being UNHAPPY.

witchking05
02-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Seriously....this is an issue? Its sad about the kind of things people complain about. Here is a piece of art (I agree with bugs and issues) that is truly revolutionary in scope, artistic design, animations and you complain about the drops in fps. The people who complain should try writing some code themselves. Lets see if they can make a game with the scope of this any better. So stupid. I am running this on a brand new pc with a gtx 980 and I am more than happy enough with how well it runs it. I agree with some stuttering whatever...but give em a break. It is a fantastic achievement of human ablity... a true work of art. Just remember back in the day, quake 3 was the game which I you had to buy new graphics cards for. We are at a level where pre-rendered cutscenes from few years ago look worse than in-game cutscenes now. Stop b**tching and if this pisses you off....good luck with life.

Mr_Shade
02-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Sorry to see you go :(

Some of those settings, as already pointed out - are VERY demanding, so I personally am unsurprised at the frame rate.. MSAAx8 in particular.

melodspark
02-26-2015, 05:48 PM
ok ill repeat it again, SLI and Crossfire are not game devs responsibility to optimize, its Nvidia/AMD responsibilities to provide and optimize games' profiles, however, Nvidia lately is doing a very bad job in providing and optimizing SLI profiles for all games and i just gave up on SLI due to this fact and went with single card and havent seen any scaling/performance issues since. so you should be on Nvidia's forum --> SLI board complaining about ACU SLI scaling.

i invite you to watch this coparatif between patch 4 and patch 5 on sli gtx980.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_uwh4Ou58

strigoi1958
02-26-2015, 07:14 PM

yes I watched it and... ?

I'm not sure what it is you are trying to point out... what is it you actually want or expect ?

100 FPS in a game that is perfectly playable and enjoyable at 30 fps... 1000 fps ? 1,000,000 fps ? Ubisoft to fix Nvidias problems ? the patch was designed to sort out unity bugs and it worked brilliantly.... SLI is Nvidias problem.

If you honestly think buying multiple GPU's is a good idea and not a waste of money then that is your choice, if you think multiple GPU's entitle you to anything spectacular, that is your opinion...

Most games in sli offer a small increase in performance and a big increase in problems.... check out the geforce forum... I spend a lot of time there and it is over run with sli complaints.

My opinion is... if I was not interested in gaming but only interested in looking at numbers in the top corner of the screen I'd buy a 50,000 pound/ euro/ dollar PC and hang around the Unigine forum not a 2500 system and moan about a few fps on a game forum

here is a comparative...

Average gaming system with 1 gpu 99% enjoyment and playing time
Average gaming system with 2 gpu 99% of time spent looking at afterburner figures and complaining.

YazX_
02-26-2015, 08:08 PM

And??!

havent noticed too much drop, however, this proves my point, GameDevs fix bugs and some stuff in game, that includes Textures, AI, Collisions and lots of other calculations, those could increase the frameTime to render a frame, as an example adding some extra logic to AI when this and that happen to fix some bugs, this will definitely increase frametimes to render the frame and thus FPS will drop, however, on SLI configuration, Nvidia/AMD optimizes the profile based on current state of the game, if a patch is released that breaks that SLI profile, its not Devs job to re-optimize and fix that profile, its Nvidia/AMD job to do so, Devs will not sacrifice fixing bugs in favor of maintaining breaking SLI/xfire scaling since again its not their responsibility to optimize profiles. most of cases, devs and Nvidia/AMD work together to optimize profiles and this takes time, thats why i gave up on SLI since you need to wait 2-4 months after game release to get a stable profile. some games dont support SLI/xfire at all when released and then support is added after 2-3 months, so its a good thing to have SLI support since release but always note that it wont be optimized until some time.

Carfax83
02-26-2015, 08:32 PM

I'm using GTX 980 SLI as well, and I have constant 60 FPS with FXAA and everything else at max settings.

Like AC Mako said, MSAA is extremely demanding as it consumes so much bandwidth, even more so in a game like AC Unity that has plenty of objects and entities on screen at once. Use FXAA instead, and your frame rate will increase dramatically, and the anti aliasing is nearly as good as MSAA so it's not like you're going to be seeing much jaggies if any..

YazX_
02-26-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm using GTX 980 SLI as well, and I have constant 60 FPS with FXAA and everything else at max settings.

Like AC Mako said, MSAA is extremely demanding as it consumes so much bandwidth, even more so in a game like AC Unity that has plenty of objects and entities on screen at once. Use FXAA instead, and your frame rate will increase dramatically, and the anti aliasing is nearly as good as MSAA so it's not like you're going to be seeing much jaggies if any..

Yep, the game is using High Resolution Textures when you put it on Ultra, that means less AA needed which makes FXAA a very good choice, if the game had SMAA then it would be even a better choice -yes you can force it using RadeonPro though-, regarding MSAA, what you guys said is self explanatory. thats without forgetting that an update SLI profile is needed from Nvidia after this patch.

Lord_Furface
02-27-2015, 03:44 AM
I wonder where all ppl get graphics problem comes from, I have been running Unity with all settings on ultra since release, and im not running it on a fancy SLI/X-fire config. just a 970 strix 3.5gb (4gb :P) an i5 3.5GHz and 16gb ram, never had any problems with FPS drops or anything :s

On the otherhand, Unity have had LOADS of other more annoying bugs then "boho I cant run on max graphics" issues.
Lets hope we don't have to wait 3-4-5 months to be able to play Victory properly and that for once Ubisoft learn something about how to treat the ppl that pay for their games.

ACE7492
02-28-2015, 01:51 AM
It seems like a lot of people are still having SLI trouble. Looking at both sides I see some good points. Also, I see a lot of hate for SLI from some people. I agree that SLI is an NVidia problem and it is something they should be doing a better job keeping up with. Any person who buy 2 cards from a company for increased performance should expect that from them.

But I also see that Unity has made some clear mistakes, be that game design, testing, proper quality assurance checks. I do run SLI, and I have close to 50 games in my game library on steam and uplay and origin. I only have one game that gives me any trouble with SLI. I figure maybe I am just unlucky or whatever. But I find it strange out of all the games I have that only Unity is such a problem.

Someone said earlier that they don't care for the highest graphics setting and I agree that not every game needs to be running at 100 fps to be good. I currently setup with high settings and run at a constant 60 fps and the game looks great. The far away stuff looks like poop but that's been covered elsewhere. I am curious however about a stutter that happens every 3 seconds and even more puzzled by the fact that it sometimes isn't immediate. It follows a cutscene or loading into a part of the story. Every 3 seconds like clockwork my characters hair will jump, clothes will move, and that stutter is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in a game. But fps is 60 except every 3 seconds it drops 10-12 fps and right back to 60. Sometimes I can play for 20 or 30 mins before it happens and that is the worst. I just start enjoying the game and it does it and I just turn it off.

If SLI is the problem, I would like to see nvidia fix it of course, but Ubi needs to be up front and have it in the specs that some SLI setups don't work, or stop putting NVidia's name all over their product if they aren't working in conjunction with them to fix games problems.