PDA

View Full Version : What would Shay think of Desmond?

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 03:31 AM
I was watching the death scene between Shay and Liam the other day as this dialogue had got to me.

Liam: "And how you do that, you bastard!? You broke the Assassins. Betrayed everyone you knew..You sided with...our worse enemies. And for what?"

Shay: "To save the world."

Then it crossed my mind: How would Shay feel about Desmond ( an Assassin) that selflessly decided to save the world?

On top of that, Shay struggled in the AVT war from being an Assassin turned Templar that obviously didn't achieve his goal versus Desmond who wanted to distance himself from the war, become an ordinary person, but eventually accepted his heritage and saved humanity.

So with this contrast, how do you think it would go down between them? ( Aside from killing each other :rolleyes:)

Would there be respect? Understanding? Nothing at all?

Feel free to Discuss. :)

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 03:33 AM
I don't think Shay could care less about Desmond tbh, regardless of his morals/actions

DemonLord4lf
02-22-2015, 03:47 AM
I think Shay would be proud of Desmond. He sacrificed his life to save the world.

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 03:50 AM
I don't think Shay could care less about Desmond tbh, regardless of his morals/actions

I guess that's fair...

Considering the Assassins that Shay has dealt with.

And god knows the ones during his quest for the box.

Altair1789
02-22-2015, 04:57 AM
I think Shay would be proud of Desmond. He sacrificed his life to save the world.

Being proud of someone sacrificing themselves to save the world isn't exclusive to Shay though. I think all but a handful of people would want the world to be saved. I don't think Shay would particularly care about Desmond

DemonLord4lf
02-22-2015, 04:59 AM
Being proud of someone sacrificing themselves to save the world isn't exclusive to Shay though. I think all but a handful of people would want the world to be saved. I don't think Shay would particularly care about Desmond

I didn't say Shay would like Desmond. Just stated that he would be proud of his decision.

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I mostly meant Desmond's decision than Desmond himself.

Maybe I should edit that in...

DemonLord4lf
02-22-2015, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I mostly meant Desmond's decision than Desmond himself.

Maybe I should edit that in...

Naw, let the Chaos commence :D

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 05:33 AM
Naw, let the Chaos commence :D

Chaos is a disease...

It's the very thing that turns mankind into blood-thirsty animals.

There must be a cure, and the Templars will find it.

DemonLord4lf
02-22-2015, 05:54 AM
Chaos is a disease...

It's the very thing that turns mankind into blood-thirsty animals.

There must be a cure, and the Templars will find it.

Oh of course you will of course.

hehehehehe

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh of course you will of course.

hehehehehe

Not me, no. For it takes more than one to bring Order to the world.

I asked Korra, but she refused. :(

DemonLord4lf
02-22-2015, 06:15 AM
Not me, no. For it takes more than one to bring Order to the world.

I asked Korra, but she refused. :(

http://static.tumblr.com/j8scxjv/pLYlnr2gt/jokerlaugh.gif

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 06:36 AM
http://static.tumblr.com/j8scxjv/pLYlnr2gt/jokerlaugh.gif

Can you tone it down with the gifs and memes, friend?

Though hilarious sometimes, they're not always needed.

Hans684
02-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Both tried to kill themselves to save the world but only Desmond succeeded. He might not care for him but he'd sure as hell care about what he did. They wouldn't kill each other but since both considered peace or talking with the enemy I'm sure they would unite.

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Both tried to kill themselves to save the world but only Desmond succeeded. He might not care for him but he'd sure as hell care about what he did. They wouldn't kill each other but since both considered peace or talking with the enemy I'm sure they would unite.

Fair point. :)

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Shay makes his own opinion on Desmond.

GunnerGalactico
02-22-2015, 08:48 PM
I kinda agree with most of the people here saying that Shay wouldn't really give a damn about Desmond. On the other hand, I remember this scene in Rogue where Adewale tells Shay that there is a special place in hell for people like, and Shay replies that he will go there proudly knowing that he did what was right and to save the world (or something like that, can't remember the exact words). It makes me think that Shay might admire for Desmond for selflessly sacrificing himself to save humanity, but he wouldn't think too much of it.

king-hailz
02-22-2015, 09:43 PM
If those were the kind of assassins shay knew he would never have gone to the templars...