PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue: Shay was NOT ANGRY ENOUGH

Deezl-V
02-22-2015, 12:25 AM
For someone who got betrayed and had a hit on, Shay was not angry enough to get his revenge. He should have been more like ezio in AC2, Conner or even batman. He was just too calm, I felt. I know he joined the Templars, but Ubi could have made him a little rowdy with his attitude and hard to contain and/or control at times because his anger should have gotten the best of him, at least at times.

What do you guys think?

Perk89
02-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Eh, most of the complaints I've seen people put down for the game's narrative was that his anger was too over the top and irrational. He makes it seem as if Achilles sent him to retrieve that artifact and kill those people just to trollololol him, and obviously he would have a mark put down on him-he was hunting Assassins. That tends to do the job.

if he had kept a bit more professional (which there were attempts at at certain moments and they were good) then it would have been a lot better. Instead he threw a tantrum and attacked the order, tried to steal from them, etc etc etc.

A lot of bloodshed could've been avoided if he had just settled down, realized it was an accident, and not handle the situation the way he did. And don't get me wrong, I get that some people are like that and hence so,e characters should be like that, but it felt a bit forced in the face of the facts at hand.

aL_____eX
02-22-2015, 01:34 AM
Shay makes his own temper.

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 01:35 AM
Shay was angry, but the conflict only escalated to the point it did because Achilles branded him Traitor with the others just believing it without question.

Regardless of who's fault it was, Shay was trying to make amends by getting rid of the manuscript so neither Assassins or Templars could get to it.

Not to mention they all tried killing him before he could even explain what happened. :rolleyes:

And no, it wasn't revenge for Shay. ( Or even Connor)

He was simply trying to do what he said to Liam...save the world.

Xstantin
02-22-2015, 01:40 AM
Shoulda been more like MGS Raging Raven and yell about his feelings every five minutes instead of making his own luck

Kaschra
02-22-2015, 02:04 AM
For someone who got betrayed and had a hit on, Shay was not angry enough to get his revenge.

Shay was not out for revenge.
And neither was Connor

He should have been more like ezio in AC2

Ahahahaha... no.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 03:23 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2h6sxgj.gif

Deezl-V
02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
You guys are taking it all the wrong way. I don't mean like ezio cuz we need more ezio. But ezio's anger when he saw his family murdered or when he wanted to kill them all. That's what I mean. Don't get confused.

And some have said he has too much or enough? Well that's not what I'm talking about either. I should have clarified. I mean he should lose his temper at times, even with some of the Templars where they would have to hold him back or calm him down. Cuz he is kind of rebel minded. That's what I mean. He was just too nice, respectable and conservative too much of the time. His dialog when talking with Gist while on the ship was boring and without real emotion.

That's what I meant. You guys ALL took it the wrong way. Haha. It's all good.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:11 PM
I know. It was just funnier out of context.

Kaschra
02-22-2015, 05:19 PM
You guys are taking it all the wrong way. I don't mean like ezio cuz we need more ezio. But ezio's anger when he saw his family murdered or when he wanted to kill them all. That's what I mean. Don't get confused.

And some have said he has too much or enough? Well that's not what I'm talking about either. I should have clarified. I mean he should lose his temper at times, even with some of the Templars where they would have to hold him back or calm him down. Cuz he is kind of rebel minded. That's what I mean. He was just too nice, respectable and conservative too much of the time. His dialog when talking with Gist while on the ship was boring and without real emotion.

That's what I meant. You guys ALL took it the wrong way. Haha. It's all good.

And again: No.
I like him the way he is in the game.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 05:28 PM
regarding topic, nah we dont need another batman.

we need more people who can take traumatic events and still hang on to their own identity.

pacmanate
02-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Interesting...

I loved Shays character, he was so motivated, he stuck true to his motives and it took him on such an interesting path. I loved the story in AC Rogue as well as Shays character. Its a shame that Rogue didnt have bigger development because it could have really stuck out there, however I love it.

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Rogue combines all elements i love

>templars
>colonies
>haytham
>naval
>stalkers
>strong narrative focus

only thing it really lacked was good overworld/side missions.
and good overarching modern day.

i still like AC3 and ACIV more though.

AC3 had the stronger story and ACIV stronger presentation

GunnerGalactico
02-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Eh, most of the complaints I've seen people put down for the game's narrative was that his anger was too over the top and irrational. He makes it seem as if Achilles sent him to retrieve that artifact and kill those people just to trollololol him

Agreed. That moment when Shay had it out with Achilles felt forced to me. I'm not defending the Assassins or anything, but none of them (not even the Templars) realised that if you so much as touch the artefact in the Precursor site... it would cause an earthquake. I also couldn't help but feel that the Assassins should have had better sense than that, given what occurred in Haiti. Shay was sent to Portugal to retrieve the artefact and he made it sound as if Achilles sent him there to especially destroy the city.

I understood what you meant on the OP, but I prefer Shay just the way he is. His motive was never about revenge, he wanted to redeem himself and make amends for destroying Lisbon. Also, he didn't join the Templars out of spite or to get back at the Assassins... he joined them because realised that their goals were noble and he simply found his place with them.

he should lose his temper at times, even with some of the Templars where they would have to hold him back or calm him down. Cuz he is kind of rebel minded. That's what I mean. He was just too nice, respectable and conservative too much of the time. His dialog when talking with Gist while on the ship was boring and without real emotion.

I don't feel there was any need for him to behave like that. When he was with the Assassins, they treated him like he was some clueless novice that constantly needed to be baby-sat. When he was with the Templars, they treated him with respect and dignity. There's no doubt that Shay is indeed rebellious, he displayed that when decided to take the manuscript and escape.

That's my take on things. :)

SirSionis
02-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Agreed. That moment when Shay had it out with Achilles felt forced to me. I'm not defending the Assassins or anything, but none of them (not even the Templars) realised that if you so much as touch the artefact in the Precursor site... it would cause an earthquake. I also couldn't help but feel that the Assassins should have had better sense than that, given what occurred in Haiti. Shay was sent to Portugal to retrieve the artefact and he made it sound as if Achilles sent him there to especially destroy the city.

But that's how Shay was.He had anger and he didn't like killing innocents.Not only that,but Achilles already knew what happened in Haiti,and his reaction...well,you already know.

GunnerGalactico
02-22-2015, 07:39 PM
But that's how Shay was.He had anger and he didn't like killing innocents.Not only that,but Achilles already knew what happened in Haiti,and his reaction...well,you already know.

Yes, yes, I do know that Shay didn't like the idea of sacrificing innocent people for power. That scene with him and Achilles felt overly forced and unrealistic. Shay was like: "You sent me to destroy a city and thousands of innocent people" and Achilles was like: "Hold your tongue boy! How dare you challenge my authority!". It was as if Achilles never heard a word Shay had said and the rest of the brotherhood treated him as if he was some badly behaved kid who had to sit in the naughty corner... and you know what transpired after that.

SirSionis
02-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Yes, yes, I do know that Shay didn't like the idea of sacrificing innocent people for power. That scene with him and Achilles felt overly forced and unrealistic. Shay was like: "You sent me to destroy a city and thousands of innocent people" and Achilles was like: "Hold your tongue boy! How dare you challenge my authority!". It was as if Achilles never heard a word Shay had said and the rest of the brotherhood treated him as if he was some badly behaved kid who had to sit in the naughty corner... and you know what transpired after that.

It didn't felt that bad for me.Achilles was like that in AC3,he almost never admitted he was wrong.He was too prideful.He didn't admit that he was wrong about the artifacts,even if Shay,the assassin sent by him,said it.And he already knew what happened in Haiti.Shay was already angry,but that made him even more angry.

Assassin_M
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
2 moments of anger and the rest is smiling and joking?

SirSionis
02-22-2015, 08:05 PM
2 moments of anger and the rest is smiling and joking?

I really think that after he assassinates Vieri,I don't think it's all about revenge,it's more about...giving justice,since they ''killed'' Giovanni.On topic,like others have said,Shay never wants revenge in the game.He wants to stop Achilles because he is gonna destroy cities.

Namikaze_17
02-22-2015, 08:17 PM
I really think that after he assassinates Vieri,I don't think it's all about revenge,it's more about...giving justice,since they ''killed'' Giovanni.On topic,like others have said,Shay never wants revenge in the game.He wants to stop Achilles because he is gonna destroy cities.

No, it was pretty much revenge the whole way until he suddenly "was tired of it" when it came to killing the freaking grandmaster.

And Achilles never wanted to destroy cities purposely, just he would've kept doing it and realized too late if Shay hadn't intervened.

Assassin_M
02-22-2015, 08:18 PM
I really think that after he assassinates Vieri,I don't think it's all about revenge,it's more about...giving justice,since they ''killed'' Giovanni.
Nah, it's about revenge till the last minute. Ezio says so himself when he pounces Rodrigo "I thought i was beyond this[revenge] but i'm not..."

SirSionis
02-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Nah, it's about revenge till the last minute. Ezio says so himself when he pounces Rodrigo "I thought i was beyond this[revenge] but i'm not..."

That's why I thought that.He said that he was beyond it...so before going for Rodrigo,he was.But this is off-topic,I think.We better discuss it with a Private Message or something,right?