PDA

View Full Version : re installing windows, how do I avoid re downloading game ??

aprenticegamer
02-21-2015, 11:59 PM
So I have windows 8.1 64 bit on my primary ssd, with my acu game files installed on a second hdd .How do I reinstall the game w/out downloading the game again. The ubisoft game launcher is on my primary drive. can I save the ubisoft directory and copy back over ?

Thanks

Ken

YazX_
02-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Latest UPlay (Ubisoft Game Launcher) implemented this feature, when you press download button, UPlay will prompt you for the location/folder to install the game, if you point to where the game files are located, then UPlay should pick them up and verify files. however, i have noticed when doing that, UPlay display wrong info about needed files to be downloaded but functionality works well, so if UPlay showed that you need to download extra GBs then dont bother since its just a display error and let it download corrupted/missing files and it will be done even if its showing that many GBs still to be downloaded.

old method was to take a backup of these registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

And then do this:

IMPORTANT NOTE: YES TAKE A BACKUP FROM UPLAY FOLDER SINCE IT CONTAINS YOUR SAVES FOR ALL GAMES, ONCE YOU ARE DONE FORMATTING, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL UPLAY FROM http://WWW.UPLAY.UBI.COM AND THEN COPY THE BACKUP YOU TOOK OVER THAT INSTALLATION

aprenticegamer
02-22-2015, 06:28 PM
cool thank you

YazX_
02-22-2015, 07:02 PM
You are welcome :)

VoldR
02-23-2015, 10:26 AM
If its bought on steam like I did with Revelations,

We can back up like any steam games and reinstall with the given files provided...

Faster then a regular download... Think it doesn't need internet to reinstall it.
Haven't test ot out myself.