PDA

View Full Version : Control Problems with Black Flag

dargor5
02-21-2015, 07:08 PM
I alt+F4 to exit blag flag and now when to start it again and keyboard and mouse don't work, as if they are not recognized. Please any suggestions?

YazX_
02-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Hey Mate,

Install DX from GameInstallation\Support folder then restart windows, also make sure to delete Assassin4.ini and GFXSettings from Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\

dargor5
02-21-2015, 11:49 PM
Hey Mate,

Install DX from GameInstallation\Support folder then restart windows, also make sure to delete Assassin4.ini and GFXSettings from Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\

thank you Yazx, was this because I alt+f4 the game? I usually do in old ACs cause of many menus you know -__-

YazX_
02-21-2015, 11:53 PM
thank you Yazx, was this because I alt+f4 the game? I usually do in old ACs cause of many menus you know -__-

No i dont believe this is the cause of the problem because when you hit Alt+F4, Windows will send a message to the designated window (the Game in this case) that it needs to shutdown, so the game will close properly, i do that alot of times when i launch any game by mistake or just want to check quick thing, but you should always exit the game using "Quit" or "Exit" since there might be some cleanup code to be executed when going through the menu and not from window closing event when hitting Alt+F4, it depends on how devs implemented the cleanup code.

but AC4 still uses DX9 Libraries especially for Input, so if you formatted/resinstalled windows or using native windows 8/8.1 then those libraries will be missing and they need to be installed.

the other reason is your settings (ini and config file) are corrupted or have wrong entries, so deleting them will ensure creating default ones when the game starts.

dargor5
02-22-2015, 12:02 AM
No i dont believe this is the cause of the problem because when you hit Alt+F4, Windows will send a message to the designated window (the Game in this case) that it needs to shutdown, so the game will close properly, i do that alot of times when i launch any game by mistake or just want to check quick thing, but you should always exit the game using "Quit" or "Exit" since there might be some cleanup code to be executed when going through the menu and not from window closing event when hitting Alt+F4, it depends on how devs implemented the cleanup code.

but AC4 still uses DX9 Libraries especially for Input, so if you formatted/resinstalled windows or using native windows 8/8.1 then those libraries will be missing and they need to be installed.

the other reason is your settings (ini and config file) are corrupted or have wrong entries, so deleting them will ensure creating default ones when the game starts.

I guess the later one is the reason, cause I haven't installed anything new

YazX_
02-22-2015, 12:05 AM
I guess the later one is the reason, cause I haven't installed anything new

ok try it out and let me know, however, it wont harm install DX since it will not update if its unnecessary.

dargor5
02-22-2015, 12:14 AM
ok try it out and let me know, however, it wont harm install DX since it will not update if its unnecessary.

Nope, did not work, guess I'll have to re-install, too bad cause I'm saving my internet usage for Rogue so I'll leave bf for now

YazX_
02-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Nope, did not work, guess I'll have to re-install, too bad cause I'm saving my internet usage for Rogue so I'll leave bf for now

Hold on, why reinstall, if any file is corrupted then verify game files, and what exactly didnt work, DX install (did you restart windows?), delete ini file (did you also delete GFX and other configs?) or both?

dargor5
02-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Hold on, why reinstall, if any file is corrupted then verify game files, and what exactly didnt work, DX install (did you restart windows?), delete ini file (did you also delete GFX and other configs?) or both?

Verified and says everything is ok. Deleted the file you mentioned. Will install dx when I get back home