PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Collection for Next Gen?

Timocroy
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
This is an idea that's been floating around my head for some time now. What it would be is a pack containing all previous Assassin's Creed games.

These games would come with it:

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revalations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Rouge
Assassin's Creed: Unity

And of course the DLC that was part of the games as well. What do you guys think?

If Bungie can do it than so can Ubisoft!

Shahkulu101
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
This has been suggested so many times I'm almost certain Ubisoft are considering it.

However if it's going to happen it will be later in the console's life cycle, perhaps in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary. I personally want this, I salivate at the thought of Renaissance Italy and Constantinople with Unity's graphics. The Frontier was beautiful in it's own but can only be improved further with higher fidelity graphics. I guess with ACIV they would just include it in the bundle as it is, since it's already out on the new consoles.

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 04:59 PM
I wonder what the price of this collection would be, since Remastered games are often sold as full priced titles.

Fatal-Feit
02-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Let's call it Assassin's Creed Generations. =p

Unity and Black Flag are still recent and would bump the price up significantly. The only way I can see Ubisoft making a profit at normal retail price is if they drop Unity and switch Black Flag with Liberation.

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Let's call it Assassin's Creed Generations. =p

Unity and Black Flag are still recent and would bump the price up significantly. The only way I can see Ubisoft making a profit at normal retail price is if they drop Unity and switch Black Flag with Liberation.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6U1DmhCMAAJMOE.png:large

?

Fatal-Feit
02-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Something like that.

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 05:41 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OnJtmIOFb3w/UBroj-ycpYI/AAAAAAAAB_I/F9oSLxwAAxk/s72-c/mayweather-money.gif

GunnerGalactico
02-20-2015, 05:53 PM

?

It would be great if did they remaster all games for current gen consoles, probably for an anniversary edition. With all their respective DLC's included.

playlisting
02-20-2015, 06:08 PM
I salivate at the thought of Renaissance Italy and Constantinople with Unity's graphics. I guess with ACIV they would just include it in the bundle as it is, since it's already out on the new consoles.

Yep, running across the Florentine rooftops with those graphics would be a real treat. Assassin's Creed 4 is a tough one because you can't just leave it as is if every other game in the series is getting upgraded, but, at the same time, I imagine trying to render a world as massive as Black Flag's with Unity's graphics would be a real challenge for either console. If Ubi decide to do it they'll need to spend a long time doing some heavy optimisation to the engine. Perhaps spend a year or so just trying to get every single drip of performance out of either console and making sure it's done as efficiently as possible.

There's an alternative though:

Leave Black Flag and Unity as is and upgrade all the previous games to Black Flag's version of the engine. We already know it runs great on both consoles so less effort would have to be done for optimisation. I hope they do manage to make it run smooth on Unity's engine (30 FPS solid Ubi, just like Black Flag) but if they can't then Black Flag's engine is still plenty beautiful and would be a very nice upgrade.

I wonder what the price of this collection would be, since Remastered games are often sold as full priced titles.

I reckon with all the work that would have to go into it a fair price would be around 60-70. It would be a huge effort to try to port and upgrade six huge games so an inflated price makes sense.