PDA

View Full Version : Patch 5 for PC is available now,and many bugs are fixed

nino__bruce
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/446vTEl.jpg

See in my picture, the edition is 1.05,and patch 5 for PC is very very small,only about 100MB!!!

1.Altair's outfit is not locked anymore.
2.The Eagle Of Suger is not lrelocked.
3.The achievement Hydrogen Bonded(finished Dead kings in 100%) is unlocked.

Thank you Ubisoft for your hard work to fix these bug.
Finally,I am a Chinese UBI fan.Happy Chinese new year,祝大家新年快乐~~~~

ecocrash
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
lots of improvement, but still draw distance,/LOD problems:, churches look like cardboard, etc, and low GPU usage, could be a driver issue now

TownyTownsman
02-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I played for about an hour and experienced none of those 5-second freezes, and didn't drop below my MSIAfterburner-locked 30fps, so I'm happy.

dargor5
02-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Played for about an hour and here are my thoughts. Bare in mind I had almost no issues with Unity before this.

- Clothe switching on NPCs has been reduced, is not zero, but is way better. It will never be zero, this is an engine problem that even Black Flag has, just to a lesser extend since it has way less NPCs.
- More pop in. There wasn't this much pop in of stuff before but I guess that is to help with performance, if you are just walking and admiring the view it doesn't get in your way, is most noticeable when running on the ground
- Performance upgrade, yes. My performance was already pretty good so it was a minor change for me, but now I can use Soft shadows without any impact on FPS. TXAA still unusable for me, but with FXAA I get a great image quality. I did not experience any 5 sec freeze but this I have to test with time as it was something that happened on different times (some times at the very beginning other after 3 hours)
- Various stuff are now unlocked

Overall great job Ubi, Unity now more than before is a mater piece.

If you are still having performance issue check your hardware, sadly this game was meant for high end hardware.

niemtoor
02-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Hmm does this mean I can now play at Ultra textures without stuttering? Before I could play with everything at ultra EXCEPT TEXTURES which I had to set at High

Kame_Man
02-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Hmm does this mean I can now play at Ultra textures without stuttering? Before I could play with everything at ultra EXCEPT TEXTURES which I had to set at High

Just use fxaa instead of txaa and you'll be fine with ultra textures

TH3R4BB1T
02-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Finally! But...

- People running in fear walk THROUGH other people
- Randomly people disappear in front of me
- Combat is still slow in response
- Also NPC still hover/fly in the air
- NPC still walk on walls, on cars and spawn inside objects (although that is what I had)

I am glad they fixed the gear problem and even the freeze is gone (accept in Rifts)! Also the last Comp App mission got unlocked and now my game is 100%. Why did it had to take THIS long to fix those problems?

siralex1986
02-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Well I can see some improvements in performance, but now I sometimes can't randomly use any attack or parry button in the middle of a fight, which it's quite annoying...

multiparadox
02-20-2015, 07:48 PM
I got no performance boost but the stutter just disappeared. Hooray?

niemtoor
02-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Sigh...I expected too much it seems. Set Textures at Ultra and STILL STUTTERING in many areas. It sems like Ultra textures is definitely for 4GB cards. What a big disappointment. With textures at High I can enable up to 4xmsaa and get no stutter, but with textures at Ultra, even fxaa gives me stutter...

blackroseMD1
02-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Well, Crossfire is still borked, and I've lost about 10-12 FPS with my R9 290. Good thing I'm pretty much done with the game anyway.

strigoi1958
02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
guys if you just play the game without obsessing on the unimportant things... you'll enjoy it better...

@ecocrash... the buildings in the distance are just a backdrop, scenery and nothing more... they have no relevance to the game at all don't overlook 10,000 brilliant things and focus on the background... :D

@niemtoor... everyone has to compromise or buy new hardware every 6 to 12 months... people get obsessed over "MUST RUN EVERY GAME AT MAX OR ELSE" I have a 4gb card and I think most of my settings are low or off with textures and environment on high... I'm a gamer so I'm usually too busy playing instead of worrying how good the flowers look. It's better to spend more time in games instead of the settings. There are guys out there with quad titan z setups that cost 50,000 pounds/euros/dollars I let them worry about running at max.

blackroseMD1
02-20-2015, 09:52 PM
guys if you just play the game without obsessing on the unimportant things... you'll enjoy it better...

@ecocrash... the buildings in the distance are just a backdrop, scenery and nothing more... they have no relevance to the game at all don't overlook 10,000 brilliant things and focus on the background... :D

Some of us like to take our time and enjoy the scenery instead of just rushing through the game getting missions done. ACU and Far Cry 4 both have plenty of "Wow, this game is gorgeous" moments, especially if you can run the games at max.

aldy01
02-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Whatever the problems people have been having with this game, I'm treating this as a kind of beta for the new engine, the next game SHOULD be far more stable and fluid. Think of the improvements made from the original AC to AC3, both games built around the same engine (obviously AC3 had enhancements), but this is a completely new beast built from the ground up.

There is no such thing as the perfect software, which is why Windows, Apple, Google products etc. are ALWAYS being patched and improved. Granted, far more QC should have been carried out, but at the end of the day, it's a game, nothing more. If you buy a blu-ray for 20 and the movie's crap, no one shouts and creates and demands a refund; my friend's car is more expensive than mine, but mine runs better...you pay your money and take a chance.

Either way, Unity's different to Black Flag and when it works, it's pretty damn beautiful regardless of settings. Relax and enjoy!

Will_Lucky
02-21-2015, 02:21 AM
Whatever the problems people have been having with this game, I'm treating this as a kind of beta for the new engine, the next game SHOULD be far more stable and fluid. Think of the improvements made from the original AC to AC3, both games built around the same engine (obviously AC3 had enhancements), but this is a completely new beast built from the ground up.

Other way around. AC3 utilized a brand new engine, Anvil-Next designed for next-gen consoles. Unity is using an improved version of the tech upto modern standards.

VoldR
02-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Only problem I've ever noticed is after few minutes of play my pc shuts down or the game crash...

So haven't venture much to notice any other problems

Lignjoslav
02-21-2015, 07:51 AM
PC shutting down sounds more like overheating or power supply issue than software.

EDIT: Things definitely seem to be running a bit more smoothly. MSI Afterburner is showing extra ~10% fps in the most critical spots. Achievements seem to be unlocking properly. Still no additional save slots, though.

TH3R4BB1T
02-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Well, I was playing the Rift Battlefield and it stutters a lot now (never had that) and also the borders are looking weird like my card has problems with it, because it sometimes turns white inistead of transparent red. This I never had before patch 5.

Edit: Does any one know a good FPS program to check the FPS of Unity?

Lignjoslav
02-21-2015, 10:52 AM
FRAPS, or MSI Afterburner (works just fine with non MSI cards).

Apart from the framerate, Afterburner can give you very detailed info, like CPU and GPU temps, utilization, RAM and VRAM utilization... You can also use it to grab screenshots and capture video (at video capture, it doesn't burden the CPU as much as FRAPS, you can choose to record at full or half resolution, at desired framerate etc). It sometimes requires a few extra clicks to initially set up, but after that it's a pretty good program.

siralex1986
02-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Well, Crossfire is still borked, and I've lost about 10-12 FPS with my R9 290. Good thing I'm pretty much done with the game anyway.

Now that's weird, I have your same video card(Sapphire R9 290 4GB gddr5 TRI-X OC)and after the patch I can play at Ultra with high FPS, fast loadings and so on!

TH3R4BB1T
02-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the tips, the game runs in 30-40 fps (drops to 25 at moments) on all off and low, if I customize the character, it drops to even 15. I have a 750 Ti (2gb) and think the driver update from nVidia did not really boost performance for my card. :(

Inflatable
02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Played for about an hour and here are my thoughts. Bare in mind I had almost no issues with Unity before this.

- Clothe switching on NPCs has been reduced, is not zero, but is way better. It will never be zero, this is an engine problem that even Black Flag has, just to a lesser extend since it has way less NPCs.
- More pop in. There wasn't this much pop in of stuff before but I guess that is to help with performance, if you are just walking and admiring the view it doesn't get in your way, is most noticeable when running on the ground
- Performance upgrade, yes. My performance was already pretty good so it was a minor change for me, but now I can use Soft shadows without any impact on FPS. TXAA still unusable for me, but with FXAA I get a great image quality. I did not experience any 5 sec freeze but this I have to test with time as it was something that happened on different times (some times at the very beginning other after 3 hours)
- Various stuff are now unlocked

Overall great job Ubi, Unity now more than before is a mater piece.

If you are still having performance issue check your hardware, sadly this game was meant for high end hardware.

Same experience here sofar after patch 5.. I only had the seconds freezing every now and then issue before, which has not happened after patch 5 sofar (only played for an hour orso though).. It looks like they decreased pop-in distance to improve performance.. Anyway, the game seems to run fine now.. Unity should have been released in this state, it should not have taken so many months and patches.. I bought the game after patch 4 and even I already finished most of the game now so it's all a bit to late this patch 5.. Lets hope they learned from this and will release future games like AC:Victory in a much better state.. But I would not hold my breath for it, not preordering anything and not buying at launch.. Gonna wait and see first in what state they will release, just like I did with Unity which like I said I only bought after patch 4 was released.. Saved me some money aswell.. Companies like Ubisoft only have themselfs to blame people like me are not buying at launch anymore, let alone preorder their games..

A shame really, because as you said, Unity in terms of art direction and detail etc is a masterpiece, I really love the atmosphere in this game.. It's what made me put over 100 hours in it already.. I especially like the new co-op missions with proper story intro's etc.. Would be nice if they added more of that..

rosimm
02-21-2015, 04:19 PM
朋友,你解锁underground armory DLC了吗,我这里一直没有解锁,,求指路:p

nino__bruce
02-21-2015, 04:56 PM
朋友,你解锁underground armory DLC了吗,我这里一直没有解锁,,求指路:p

friend ,my underground armory DLC is still locked.我觉得TMD这就是育BIAO自己出BUG了,帮一批玩家解锁了,然后现在又锁回去了,毕竟 这是之前是手办玩家的福利。
妈蛋帖子里看到了中文吓死我了。I think the community manager can‘t understand the mean of 育BIAO:rolleyes:

KmarkoPL
02-21-2015, 09:03 PM
朋友,你解锁underground armory DLC了吗,我这里一直没有解锁,,求指路http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

friend ,my underground armory DLC is still locked.我觉得TMD这就是育BIAO自己出BUG了,帮一批玩家解锁了,然后现在又锁回去了,毕竟 这是之前是手办玩家的福利。
妈蛋帖子里看到了中文吓死我了。I think the community manager can‘t understand the mean of 育BIAO:rolleyes:

Can you please write full English !! English language here !

YazX_
02-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Can you please write full English !! English language here !

Yes indeed, please write in English since this is an English forum, any post containing non-english language will be deleted with no prior warning.

chgolover1
02-22-2015, 01:22 AM
I just installed the new patch for pc and now the game crashes when I try to log in.

wootwoots
02-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Performance wise, no improovement at all. Still the sames fps, it even look to be a bit less smooth ( just an impression not really sure )
Still have somes freeze ( like a little sec ) when i do some action like killing someone with the sin blade thing. guess had one stutter while moving the camera.
Not played enough to see if i still have thoses huge frame drop after somes loading.
Still the very bad Lod handling. Your engine is really poorly optimized... thoses guys that sell a game with a engine in alpha... seriously -_-"

The fights are still "laggy" not really responsive.. Not pleasant at all ( and still no "fix" for that 4month after the release... gg ! )

Quiting your sh*t smartphone app is really cool sure, but, still no choice to unlock the best gear in solo.. very disapointing, i dont wanna play your online club stuff..
and SOOOOO many week JUST for that very little patch, pretty desapointing, was ""hopping"" for a really performance improvement and WAY more fix... :/

Are you working that slowly ? oO

Do a patch 6 coming for real engine optimization + ton bugs fix ? of we can die with your pre-alpha engine and beta game ?

VoldR
02-22-2015, 03:25 AM
PC shutting down sounds more like overheating or power supply issue than software.

EDIT: Things definitely seem to be running a bit more smoothly. MSI Afterburner is showing extra ~10% fps in the most critical spots. Achievements seem to be unlocking properly. Still no additional save slots, though.

Ya, I suspect as much, dunno much about heat stuff for desktops...
So waiting for winter, lol
Now I'm just having a fan blowing at it... Which works.

metalfenix_666
02-22-2015, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the tips, the game runs in 30-40 fps (drops to 25 at moments) on all off and low, if I customize the character, it drops to even 15. I have a 750 Ti (2gb) and think the driver update from nVidia did not really boost performance for my card. :(

I know your pain, I have the same GPU, and to top it off, a four year old i7 as you can see in my siggie. I have a permanent fps rollercoaster on this game like you (I have everything turned off/low, except enviromental - normal- and textures -High- ), resolution: 1680x1050. It's still playable, though, and I don't get that drop you get by customizing your character, that one is strange.

And yeah, last driver from nvidia didn't help with the performance on our cards. Ah well, I try to overlook these things and try to enjoy the game.

ocre78
02-22-2015, 04:21 AM
I know your pain, I have the same GPU, and to top it off, a four year old i7 as you can see in my siggie. I have a permanent fps rollercoaster on this game like you (I have everything turned off/low, except enviromental - normal- and textures -High- ), resolution: 1680x1050. It's still playable, though, and I don't get that drop you get by customizing your character, that one is strange.

And yeah, last driver from nvidia didn't help with the performance on our cards. Ah well, I try to overlook these things and try to enjoy the game.

what motherboard do you have? is your 930 overclocked?

you need to pick up a 32nm westmereEP off ebay. there are 6 core 12 thread Xeons for a socket 1366, they have flooded the used market especially Ebay. These are amassing chips for the x58 platform. Many motherboards can support these xeons with just a simple bios update. If you cannot overclock, get the higher clocked westmeres.

I have an x5670 myself. Its stock speed is 2.93ghz with a turbo up to 3.33ghz. These 6 core chips are similar to the original i7 extreme editions like the i7 990x. Mine is overclocked 4.2ghz with 4.4ghz turbo. At that speed its as fast as a 4770k at stock. Actually, its faster in anything well threaded. But for games, its at least as fast as a stock 4770k.

Anyway, these 32bn chips run much cooler than the i7 930, 940, and 950. They overclock like crazy even on air, you can get over 4ghz without the temps skyrocketing.

here are the popular chips under 100$
x5650, x5660
they have lower mulitpliers so just reaching 4ghz takes a high blck speed.

The x5670 is around 100 bucks on ebay, Its multiplier is 24x with a 25x turbo. You can do 4.2 ghz without pushing hard at all.

But if your board has limited overclocking then there is the x5680 / x5690. These run about 160 and up. Their stock speeds is 3.46ghz and can turbo up over 3.7ghz. this is stock.

The biggest difference between this and the i7 extreme editions is the x56XX series xeons dont have unlocked multipliers. But even still, the x5660 and up can all get to about the same stable overclocks as the extreme edition CPUs. The multiplier is not important because with the x58 platform, you can still overclock the old fashion way

ocre78
02-22-2015, 04:23 AM
Where did the benchmark go?

I cant seem to find the benchmark in the game menus anymore. It was there before the patch

Anyone else notice this?

tndasz
02-22-2015, 09:44 AM
"The fights are still laggy". It's an amination issue. Don't think its something that can be fixed with a patch.

Lignjoslav
02-22-2015, 09:56 AM
I still can't get the "Freedom Fighter" ("Kill 15 Raider leaders") achievement to unlock. Is there a trick to it?! Does it have to be in open combat, and not just hidden blade and headshots? Do they have to be different guys, and not just same 5 guys three times after they respawn?!

@Ocre78: Benchmark? I don't remember ever seeing it. Are you in the right forum? :confused:

Star-Busta
02-22-2015, 05:55 PM
please post how many mb the patch was for you ? because mine is showing its 50GB which I wont download :s

strigoi1958
02-22-2015, 06:36 PM
patch 5 is just a few MB and took about 2 seconds for me to download so 50gb looks like it is trying to download the whole game again

YazX_
02-22-2015, 07:01 PM
please post how many mb the patch was for you ? because mine is showing its 50GB which I wont download :s

it might be a display error, yesterday i was trying the new feature of discovering game files and UPlay showed 50 GB/ 110 GB for ACU, i was like O_O, but then i checked the uplay_download folder and it was downloading few MBs (introl files) and once its done the download switched to finished, so maybe its one of those visual bugs, so i would suggest you start the download, then go to ACU installation folder\uplay_download and look for the files being downloaded, if its all game files then something is wrong, if its downloading few files then its a UPlay display bug.

Star-Busta
02-23-2015, 11:23 AM
hmm started the download (its now downloaded 2.7gb so far) looks like its downloading game files, stopped the download to verify the files which completed with no problems restarted the patch download and its still downloading the 50gb :s I see from googling console had same issue with patch 4 :(

Dragontech97
02-23-2015, 11:46 PM
All I can say is this is a very beneficial update to PC players. Not only does it quench some BUGS, but it UNLOCKS all companion app chests and missions, as well as IMPROVE GENERAL PERFORMANCE!!! Not saying +10fps, but definitely LESS FRAME RATE DROPS and maybe an average of 2-5FPS MORE than before at least in my case. For people like me who are running this at the 25-40fps range this is really good, as below 30fps drops are now rarer than before. I usually average at least 35 fps with this game now, which is not bad with a game that is visually taxing the gpu and for a me running this on a laptop. Though better performance in a possible patch 6 is always welcome! :-) Thank you Ubisoft for listening to us PC gamers, and hope you do good with AC Victory's PC version! Not expecting huge fps boost in Victory compared to Unity as the technology is very taxing and is visually pretty, but optimizing it so that it runs with less frame drops and around the general performance of Patch 5 of Unity is okay for the moment, nothing less. I can't wait until AC Victory comes out! Just be sure to work out the kinks and bugs and to make sure the story is solid! That's all Im asking! I wouldn't mind waiting longer for Victory's release if I knew that Ubisoft will deliver at release this time around!

Sincerely,
A Loyal AC Fan

Laptop Specs:
ASUS N550JK-DS71T
Intel i7 4700HQ 2.4 Ghz(Turbo 3.4 Ghz)
NVIDIA GTX 850m 2GB DDR3
8 GB RAM
1 TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Intel Dual Band AC 7260 w/ Bluetooth

z4kk4z666
02-24-2015, 08:21 AM
If you're using SLI and still have version 1.3 stick with that (you can play it online by creating a desktop shortcut of ACU.exe) - no good will come from patch 5.

ShootRawGuy
02-24-2015, 08:36 PM
LOOK! No hands....lol...great work on patch 5
Now I got a great new sword no one else have, The Sword Of The Invisable Yeti :)

http://youtu.be/QpbLbfsHuI0

TH3R4BB1T
02-24-2015, 09:07 PM
LOOK! No hands....lol...great work on patch 5
Now I got a great new sword no one else have, The Sword Of The Invisable Yeti :)

http://youtu.be/B4nyVFwvuWk

Use the force!