PDA

View Full Version : In the light of patch 5 and free DLC for Unity shouldn't ACIV also get a new update?

ShardofTruth
02-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Honestly, there are still many things tied to Initiates (MP outfits, sails, shanty) or some other stupid promotions (weapons, outfits, even more sails) in Black Flag. Why is this stuff not made free as it was done in Unity?

MenocidiX
02-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Not enough complaints.

Jackdaw951
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Black Flag is mostly self-contained (as Unity ended up being, finally). The community events are the only real shame I see there, and I was lucky to grab everything on the final round of those on the x360. (On the X1, though, I can't get any of them. :( ) The retail-promotional stuff is all available for something like $7. I think that bundle includes what was originally the exclusive content of 3 separate retailers. Kenway's Fleet is online, but at least that pseudo-app is part of the game itself. As for Initiates stuff, if it was there, it must have been really minor, because I never even noticed it. Really, I'd rather leave BF alone at this point. Messing with it opens the door to creating new problems.

ShardofTruth
02-20-2015, 06:59 PM
There is really no need to mess with anything, just enable all fluff by default.

I haven't thought of the community events before but that is really part of the problem when the game is forgotten. The pre-order DLC was indeed bundled in a DLC (Illustrious Pirate Pack if I'm not mistaken) but there are still some promotional stuff out there (Schick, Dr. Pepper) that is only available on last-gen consoles, along with the stuff that was tied to the McFarlane toys (also activated with Initiates).

Do you still remember when all these things were automatically added with the last DLC of Brotherhood and Revelations? Good times.

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 07:24 PM
There is really no need to mess with anything, just enable all fluff by default.

I haven't thought of the community events before but that is really part of the problem when the game is forgotten. The pre-order DLC was indeed bundled in a DLC (Illustrious Pirate Pack if I'm not mistaken) but there are still some promotional stuff out there (Schick, Dr. Pepper) that is only available on last-gen consoles, along with the stuff that was tied to the McFarlane toys (also activated with Initiates).

Do you still remember when all these things were automatically added with the last DLC of Brotherhood and Revelations? Good times.
Welcome to transmedia-full-experience-only-with-online-features age.