PDA

View Full Version : CNE airshow.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
I just got home from monday's airshow and it was amazing!

There were tons of diffrent planes including a p51, lancaster, spitfire and 4 WW1 biplanes.

The best part had to be when the F15 flew along side the P51. The two best air superiority fighters.

I was very impressed by the thunderbirds specially when they distracted us, watching the 4 F16s in a diamond formation, then from out of nowhere another one flew in Full after burner from behind us. IT WAS SO COOL!!!, I want Lockon now!!!

Ex: RCAF_Rattler

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
I just got home from monday's airshow and it was amazing!

There were tons of diffrent planes including a p51, lancaster, spitfire and 4 WW1 biplanes.

The best part had to be when the F15 flew along side the P51. The two best air superiority fighters.

I was very impressed by the thunderbirds specially when they distracted us, watching the 4 F16s in a diamond formation, then from out of nowhere another one flew in Full after burner from behind us. IT WAS SO COOL!!!, I want Lockon now!!!

Ex: RCAF_Rattler

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 11:31 PM
I just saw the Thunderbirds last week and they were awesome. I saw the Blue Angels a few months ago and I thought the Thunderbirds were much better. Still, the weather wasn't the greatest for the Blue Angels so who knows.

I saw a recent heritage flight of two P-51's, an F-15, and an A-10. Sweet, they flew straight at the crowd at the end with the A-10 and F-15 breaking off rapidly and went screaming away (as much as an A-10 screams anyway).

Both the TB's and the BA's do that trick where they distract you (which is cool), but I think the BA's is even more effective because the F-18 is pretty damn loud.

<center>
http://www.brooksart.com/Icewarriors.jpg

"Ice Warriors", by Nicolas Trudgian.

Message Edited on 09/01/0310:32PM by kyrule2

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 11:43 PM
I found teh F15 the loudest one there. Those two engines produce serious amounts of noise and thrust. That think just went straight up and didnt stop. It was great weather with an overcast so we could actually see the planes and not have a big sun blocking us out. Im so happy I finnaly saw the lancaster.

What I noticed about the P51 though when It came out of dives it made a high pitched whistling sound....Anybody know what that is?