PDA

View Full Version : Should I feel insulted because I liked the Ezio trilogy?

EmbodyingSeven5
02-20-2015, 12:52 AM
I love the AC franchise. I have played each game and admired them for each containing its own strengths and weaknesses ,tones, settings and protagonists. the newer releases such as the Kenway saga and Unity's new direction have been awesome in my opinion. I also have the same respect for the older games in the franchise. now I have heard many fans complain about AC 2 and the rest of the ezio trilogy. some have the complaints that they had a poor storyline and stereotypical characters. even though I liked the characters and the storyline of the trilogy I respect other peoples opinion. its just gets annoying when other fourmers get snarky when the games are even brought up. I swear its like some people cant even stand the fact that these games were liked by some. then people who liked these games get blasted with the idea that nostalgia is the only reason why they liked the storyline or the game in general. or I hear someone bring up the stereotypical ezio fanboy:rolleyes: .

I just wish people would appreciate all the things these games did for franchise in total.
for example
- AC 2 introduced a storyline with cinematics and interesting missions rather than the rinse wash and repeat investigations of AC. it also introduced Shawn and Rebecca who are still featured in recent ACs, along with the introduction of the first civ.

just remember to have some respect for fans of each game in the franchise and give some credit to the ancestors of the franchise

Play nice now;)

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 01:09 AM
If you agree that the Ezio trilogy sucks, then sure. Feel insulted. You like a subpar product. If you disagree that the Ezio trilogy sucks and that it was amazing, then no, don't feel insulted. Stick to your guns. You like something, don't let other people's opinions or criticisms get in your way. You're old enough to form an opinion, you have a brain. Quite frankly, the only insult to yourself would be the implication that you care what others think about what you like.

I don't feel insulted when Quirky shoots her daily dose of snarky criticism at ACU, or when Sixkeys occasionally puts down AC III as the worst thing ever, even worse than liberation.

See, here's another thing. You're not allowed to complain about snark and undertones when talking about the Ezio trilogy. The Ezio trilogy is the favorite of most of the fanbase. 90% of the fanbase thinks it's the crowning jewel of the series. 90%, man. You'll rarely find a place where the Ezio trilogy is thrashed. The forums is what? 5% of the fanbase? 10? 15? Even if 20%, only a minority of everyone here thinks that Ezio trilogy sucks. You're complaining about some occasional snark? come now.

YodaySunrider
02-20-2015, 01:13 AM
I'm new to the forums, is this actually a thing? AC2 and Brotherhood specifically are typically regarded as the best in the series, or at least the favorites. I personally think Unity is the best game in the series once you give it enough time to pick up on all of the changes, but AC2 is still my favorite and likely always will be. AC2 propelled the series to new heights, refined the open world formula of the series, had an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, excellent characters, and a killer ending.

ze_topazio
02-20-2015, 01:14 AM
The only things one should truly feel ashamed of in this world is liking cheese and being a Benfica(Football club) fan.

Shahkulu101
02-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Honestly it seems that there's about 5-6 people here who make snarky comments about the Ezio trilogy and the rest of the internet sucks up it's arse. Obviously it's not that simple, but that's an exaggerated version of how I've perceived things browsing here, YT, Facebook, Twitter and various games websites.

Before anyone says anything, I prefer the Ezio trilogy - slightly.

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 01:17 AM
I'm new to the forums, is this actually a thing? .
We're gonna be best friends...

Altair1789
02-20-2015, 01:18 AM
I think the reason for all anti Ezio trilogy fans is because the typical "Ezio fanboy" is extremely one sided and nave. Connor/ Kenway saga fans get pretty mad about typical Ezio fanboys, and It's like fighting fire with fire, it usually doesn't work at all. I don't think you should feel insulted for liking what you like. I don't feel insulted when half the AC fans say "Connor is boring" "Kenway saga sucks" etc. Definitely don't be personally offended, anti- Ezio fans won't (or at least shouldn't) hate you for liking Ezio or AC2 as long as you don't say anything like "EZIO IS BEST=FACT"

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 01:22 AM
"EZIO IS BEST=FACT"
Even if someone DOES say that here, I wont really hate them, lol. it's just a video game. I'll just cruelly school them.

I-Like-Pie45
02-20-2015, 01:33 AM
The only things one should truly feel ashamed of in this world is liking cheese and being a Benfica(Football club) fan.

LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL
LlVERPOOL

Perk89
02-20-2015, 01:48 AM
You'll find a handful of people here who claim to dislike Ezio for the same reason you'll find a handful of "GO TEMPLARS" folk.

this is the official forum, which means it has a lot of diehards, which means anything that surfaces to mainstream popularity such as Ezio is immediately going to create a contingent of "against the grain" hipsters trying hard to stand out from all the "noobs" or whatever.

its that ole bean and nothing more.

Perk89
02-20-2015, 01:49 AM
And if we're going to talk sports, then let's talk real sports.

not soccer.

EmbodyingSeven5
02-20-2015, 01:53 AM

not soccer.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WCmaxyvLdoY/TfDmDbtgJMI/AAAAAAAAAp0/1fSRWRxUxi8/s640/funny_soccer.jpg

Perk89
02-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Like the color green, do you?

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 01:56 AM
You'll find a handful of people here who claim to dislike Ezio for the same reason you'll find a handful of "GO TEMPLARS" folk.

this is the official forum, which means it has a lot of diehards, which means anything that surfaces to mainstream popularity such as Ezio is immediately going to create a contingent of "against the grain" hipsters trying hard to stand out from all the "noobs" or whatever.

This is an example of what I like to call "peanut post".

And it's football.

Megas_Doux
02-20-2015, 01:56 AM

not Football.

FIXED

I like the NFL aswell, just in case, despite the fact they wear those "armours" unlike these guys:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45423000/jpg/_45423308_sixnationscaptains416.jpg

And lets not mention super "fathletes", aka, offensive linemen haha.

Perk89
02-20-2015, 02:01 AM
You guys don't understand. Americans care so little about soccer that nothing you say is enough to stoke even the slightest embers of confrontation or such within us.

It's like trying to talk up competitive napping.

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm new to the forums, is this actually a thing?

Welcome to the forums.

And yes, it is unfortunately, but It'll die down in a while. ;)

---

To OP, don't feel insulted for what you like.

If you really love the Ezio Trilogy, don't let others opinions bring you down.

Shahkulu101
02-20-2015, 02:04 AM
You guys don't understand. Americans care so little about soccer that nothing you say is enough to stoke even the slightest embers of confrontation or such within us.

Tbh, billions of people like soccer and don't really care if the US likes it or not.

Just like the rest of the world doesn't care about Handegg.

Alphacos007
02-20-2015, 02:08 AM

I'm sorry, but this is completely non-sense. People (like me) like the templars because of their philosophy and interesting characters, it's nothing about beeing against the mainstream, LOL.

Megas_Doux
02-20-2015, 02:09 AM

I know. Im a rare thing here, for I like the american football to a point in which is my favorite team sport after FOOTBALL and Rugby.

However you have to admit that World Cup ratings, even for the US national team, are better in the America than any MLB world series match in the recent years, though :p Somebody cares.....

OH I still think is kinda opprobrious to wear armour and being THIS fat:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1130/nfl_g_hampton-wilfork_bipanel_576.jpg

:p

Alphacos007
02-20-2015, 02:11 AM
Guys, on topic please :rolleyes:
Discuss this sport that uses hands but for some reason is called football in the US in the off-topic thread.

Perk89
02-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Tbh, billions of people like soccer and don't really care if the US likes it or not.

Just like the rest of the world doesn't care about Handegg.

This is is exactly the line I was referring to though (it's a tired cliche' that every European on the planet immediately sprints to whenever this conversations pops up)

We don't care if you all like it. Good for you. It still sucks. Lots of people kill themselves. Doesn't mean I have any personal ambition for it.

You can all like it if you want. To us it's the equivalent of professional women's basketball.

Megas_Doux
02-20-2015, 02:14 AM

I want them to advance in the Europe League so they can lose ANOTHER European final hahahahaha.

Back on topic:

I equally like Ezios trilogy just as I like Kewnay saga, AC I and Unity. This might sound odd, however I think that ezios one is overrated outside this place, and underrated by some people here.

Perk89
02-20-2015, 02:18 AM
I know. Im a rare thing here, for I like the american football to a point in which is my favorite team sport after FOOTBALL and Rugby.

However you have to admit that World Cup ratings, even for the US national team, are better in the America than any MLB world series match in the recent years, though :p Somebody cares.....

OH I still think is kinda opprobrious to wear armour and being THIS fat:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1130/nfl_g_hampton-wilfork_bipanel_576.jpg

:p

whoa whoa whoa. You made the assumption we still care about baseball. We don't like that either.

American Football meaningless exhibitional games get higher ratings than the World Series. If you'll notice, not many Americans are playing baseball these days (or soccer for that matter)

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 02:18 AM
We're gonna be best friends...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/20140201/4967957/monty-python-run-away-o.gif

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Altair1789
02-20-2015, 02:30 AM

More or less. A lot of people here have pretty good reasons to prefer the Kenway saga over the Ezio trilogy and to dislike Ezio, but it shouldn't really matter as long as no one's trying to establish their opinions as facts

Megas_Doux
02-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Back on topic, again :p

The game I would call the definitive "best game ever" in the franchise is yet to come.....

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 02:42 AM
no one's trying to establish their opinions as facts

Yeah, no one does that. :rolleyes:

The game I would call the definitive "best game ever" in the franchise is yet to come.....

This.

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 02:45 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVrEl3J2GjE/UPONfX-rQLI/AAAAAAAAFdQ/CWx3xqK-cco/s320/sheldon-sarcasm.png

JustPlainQuirky
02-20-2015, 02:47 AM
OP I had a time where I was self-conscious about my opinions.

But you gotta learn to not give a crap of other people's disapprovals.
Consider them, but don't feel bad or pressured about disagreeing.

For the better.

I don't feel insulted when Quirky shoots her daily dose of snarky criticism at ACU

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e6/df/24/e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 02:48 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e6/df/24/e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg

I do believe Quirky just accepted your challenge.

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 02:49 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVrEl3J2GjE/UPONfX-rQLI/AAAAAAAAFdQ/CWx3xqK-cco/s320/sheldon-sarcasm.png

It's whatever you think it was. :rolleyes: :p

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 02:56 AM
I do believe Quirky just accepted your challenge.
I'm not around much anymore anyways, thankfully. I'm just around to keep an eye on anything regarding the fan podcast.

JustPlainQuirky
02-20-2015, 02:57 AM
I'm not around much anymore anyways, thankfully. I'm just around to keep an eye on anything regarding the fan podcast.

Was going to make a nervous wheeze but remembered you're one of the first guests and felt like a dolt

Megas_Doux
02-20-2015, 03:01 AM

Unity had that potential, considering the setting and the attempt to improve the core mechanics after a while. However the missing details in the likes of proper platforming levels, background music, horses, seasons and such. The mediocre story, somewhat of a dull open world, and its launch went against it.

Up to this date, AC IV is the closest one to me.

AC II is overrated outside this forums and underrated by some here. But I liked and still like that game.

Assassin_M
02-20-2015, 03:02 AM
Was going to make a nervous wheeze but remembered you're one of the first guests and felt like a dolt
Oh oh, alright then. Hey, stuff changes, you know. Been a long time anyway. Just wanted to make sure it's still on.

JustPlainQuirky
02-20-2015, 03:09 AM
Oh oh, alright then. Hey, stuff changes, you know. Been a long time anyway. Just wanted to make sure it's still on.

sorry about that

we've been doing lots of audio testing and rehearsals. got to impress dem senpais

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 03:12 AM
Unity had that potential, considering the setting and the attempt to improve the core mechanics after a while. However the missing details in the likes of proper platforming levels, background music, horses, seasons and such. The mediocre story, somewhat of a dull open world, and its launch went against it.

I haven't played so I can't comment on the platforming levels part.

But the lack of horses, seasons, and the mediocre story combined the terrible launch did leave its effect on the game sadly.

Granted, I did like it trying to improve core mechanics and I've grown a fondness to Arno.

But I agree, AC4 is the best in terms of all those things so far.

Hans684
02-20-2015, 06:24 AM

Ezio and AC2 used to be my favorites. It got nothing to with popularity but story and ideology. Just like I'm tired of the old knight in shinning armor and perfect superheroes. Heros that are neither flawed or capable of anything wrong, it's cake walk stories with a protagonist that goes trough everything like butter without being challenged. There is nothing to think about with such stories.

So compared to the forum community you are a hipster that goes "VICTORIA ALI ASSASSINI". Anything to agains the grain I suppose but what do I know? I'm a peasant hipster and noob compared to someone as enlightening as you. I'm clearly wrong since you've got all the facts.

pirate1802
02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm sorry, but this is completely non-sense. People (like me) like the templars because of their philosophy and interesting characters, it's nothing about beeing against the mainstream, LOL.

ssshhhhh... let him have his fantasies, helps in rationalizing. You find such vanguards of popular taste in every fanbase. Hate TLoU? What a hipster! Don't think Bioshock Infinite was the second coming of jesus? Off with you, wannabe. Nevermind that they may actually have legitimate reasons.

As Mo said, a peanut post indeed.

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 08:51 AM
ssshhhhh... let him have his fantasies, helps in rationalizing. You find such vanguards in every fanbase. Hate TLoU? What a hipster! Don't think Bioshock Infinite was the second coming of jesus? Off with you, wannabe. Nevermind that they may actually have legitimate reasons.

As Mo said, a peanut post indeed.

And this is our leader

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003849063/4021899833_CommentsFromthePeanutGallery_answer_3_x large.png

ze_topazio
02-20-2015, 06:48 PM
I want them to advance in the Europe League so they can lose ANOTHER European final hahahahaha.

Not happening this year, they were already kicked out.

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 07:28 PM
@OP: I despise all Ezio fanboys. 0/10

Fatal-Feit
02-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Wow, just discovered this thread. =p

@OP: Like _M said, others' harsh opinions only insult you if you believe them to be true. Stick to your guns. Debate if you disagree. In general, it's very unhealthy for a forum to not be divided in opinions.

I love AC3, it was my most favorite, but years back was the most heavily criticized and hated (with passion) of the franchise. I kind of miss those days, but to be on point, AC3 have been getting the recognition I believe it deserves. Whether you're on here or the subreddit, you will find many fans with positive comments towards it, especially its story. Unity, my new favorite, is criticized more than AC3 today. Despite how others feel, I'm not insulted. I believe Unity is a fantastic AC that carries franchise forward and I'll stick by it.

OFF:TOPIC - I also gets rights to say I loved AC3 before it was cool. =p

Point is, everyone has things they like and don't like. Some more vocal than others. No harm done if others (or majority) feels differently.

GunnerGalactico
02-20-2015, 07:54 PM

AC II is overrated outside this forums and underrated by some here. But I liked and still like that game.

^ Completely agree with this.

SixKeys
02-20-2015, 08:36 PM
You're all just afraid to admit ACB is best AC.

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 08:39 PM
You're all just afraid to admit ACB is best AC.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/8163f5d3f3fafb2df0e9281cefcc8eb3/tumblr_n5wirs3kwi1tn55cco1_250.gif

Fatal-Feit
02-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I will admit ACB is better than AC2 in every way. =>

aL_____eX
02-20-2015, 08:43 PM
I will admit ACB is better than AC2 in every way. =>
https://33.media.tumblr.com/5623eceb374c962e50b1f23c0d9f4700/tumblr_mzn1ur6uZu1tow4gco1_400.gif

Btw, I like both, ACII and ACB very much. But nothing compares to Pirate's Creed IV

Shahkulu101
02-20-2015, 08:54 PM
ACB's side missions are unmatched. Most fun AC with ACIV a close second - ACB wins because it's not quite so excessive, IV has a lot of superfluous content whereas ACB is focused and tightly packed.

I love it for the nostalgia element too.

Perk89
02-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Brotherhood is my favorite game.

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Brotherhood is my favorite game.

*Gasp* No way. :rolleyes:

Sabutto
02-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Why would/should you feel insulted? Ezio carried the series on his back lol. Even if people wont admit it.

Besides that you have the right to your own opinion. Don't worry what a bunch of usernames on the internet say

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Why would/should you feel insulted? Ezio carried the series on his back lol. Even if people wont admit it.

Besides that you have the right to your own opinion. Don't worry what a bunch of usernames on the internet say

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee505/robrtsn/MEME/LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Altair1789
02-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Ezio carried the series on his back lol.

Not sure how you mean this, it's not like Ezio was an extremely talented dev working for Ubisoft. The people at Ubisoft could probably make a similar character, but I feel like they don't want to because he was really an unrealistic character. I guess you're right that a lot of people really liked Ezio, but I'm not sure he was the only/main reason most people played AC games

pirate1802
02-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Yes you should feel very bad and insulted and pathetic and ..and....

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Yes you should feel very bad and insulted and pathetic and ..and....

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/troll face/grand/maximum_trolling_gif.gif

Namikaze_17
02-21-2015, 07:55 AM
Who was the character that made the ball for Ezio to run with? :rolleyes:

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Who was the character that made the ball for Ezio to run with? :rolleyes:

I believe his name was Naruto.

Namikaze_17
02-21-2015, 08:04 AM
I believe his name was Naruto.

No, not Naruto silly billy. :p

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 08:10 AM
No, not Naruto silly billy. :p

I do believe it was this guy. I forget his name

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gFHWW0YAc8w/TgdgtFrIhmI/AAAAAAAAAKE/2ejdSRAgwuc/s1600/naruto-shippuden-the-movie_0009.jpg

Namikaze_17
02-21-2015, 08:12 AM
I do believe it was this guy. I forget his name

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gFHWW0YAc8w/TgdgtFrIhmI/AAAAAAAAAKE/2ejdSRAgwuc/s1600/naruto-shippuden-the-movie_0009.jpg

It's not Naruto, Demon. :rolleyes:

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 08:15 AM
It's not Naruto, Demon. :rolleyes:

This guy says it is

http://files.narutebaonline.webnode.com.br/200000012-b1e3eb2dd7/imagem-da-jiraya.jpg