PDA

View Full Version : FPS not fixed yet PATCH 5 did nothing

nikos453
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Hello and greetings from cyprus i contact everyone and cant find any solution i contact with ubisoft support and there is no solution for my problem which is really anoying and all the people have it first of all the game plays on 23-30 fps ,,,30fps very rare. 23 fps for me is unplayable patch 4 imrpoved it but it isnt 30fps so i want to ask you if there is going to be in the future any major patch to fix this really bad fps

Perk89
02-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Who even notices stuff like this? I mean who even cares about "frames per second?"

There are a plethora of other issues with the game itself and it's qualms people have like this that just occupy time from the real issues when putting in a fix.

"NOTHING TOUCHES THESE EYES BUT THE GRANDEST OF VISUAL EXPERIENCES"

YodaySunrider
02-19-2015, 06:18 PM
If dips under 30fps is considered unplayable to you then I am going to go ahead and assume that you played all past AC games on the PC, in which case you should continue doing that. The current performance of Unity isn't much different from the performance of the PS3 and 360 AC games. I would say Unity on the PS4 spends the majority of the time at 30fps with dips into the mid 20's in certain areas of the city, which is more than could be said of past games on the consoles.

DeathStr0ke_DC
02-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Who even notices stuff like this? I mean who even cares about "frames per second?"

There are a plethora of other issues with the game itself and it's qualms people have like this that just occupy time from the real issues when putting in a fix.

"NOTHING TOUCHES THESE EYES BUT THE GRANDEST OF VISUAL EXPERIENCES"
People who are not misinformed, care about the quality and performance of their video games maybe?

On topic though, I'm not a console gamer myself and I don't expect performance issues with this game to be entirely fixed across all platforms.
Something we either have to deal with, or avoid playing until somebody finally decides to pull their finger out, for future titles.

Perk89
02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
I've been gaming since the mid 90's and have never at any point in time had an issue with my "frame rate."

or I have and I'm just not primadonna enough to notice it.

XxEagleHeartxX
02-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Hello and greetings from cyprus i contact everyone and cant find any solution i contact with ubisoft support and there is no solution for my problem which is really anoying and all the people have it first of all the game plays on 23-30 fps ,,,30fps very rare. 23 fps for me is unplayable patch 4 imrpoved it but it isnt 30fps so i want to ask you if there is going to be in the future any major patch to fix this really bad fps

Patch only fixed bugs and improve stability of the game. This does not mean improve performance. You have to understand Xbox and PS4 are very limited consoles for today's standards. Like someone else pointed out, PC has by far out performed consoles, if you want to run game +60 fps then build yourself a computer. For the people who want to play game without the hustle of building a PC. They should be happy with what they get. For $400, 20-30 fps sounds about right for the quality of graphics ACU has, want more fps? then graphics would have to be decreased.

aL_____eX
02-19-2015, 07:24 PM
I've been gaming since the mid 90's and have never at any point in time had an issue with my "frame rate."

You've never played ACIII on PS3 then.

Unity is no more unplayable now, but still the inconsistent performance is quite noticeable. And don't forget we're talking about an AAA title here, so people expect a 'perfect' game when buying it.

Jackdaw951
02-19-2015, 08:06 PM

You're quoting frame rate, as if it were some sort of made-up property? I disagree with the OP, but you need to do a bit of research before you go posting about what you don't seem to understand. Frame rate is very important, and nothing beats a software frame rate that matches the hardware refresh rate. This was quite common before 3D, which is why 2D sidescrollers look so smooth in motion on old consoles. They're moving at 60 fps, in perfect synchronicity with the 60Hz display. Achieving that with 2D projections of complex 3D graphics is quite difficult, but it's still the goal for any developer who understands animation intimately. Right now, we seem to be stuck at around half the ideal frame rate, and the blur or jitter is something we'll have to live with for the moment. But don't ever kid yourself into thinking that it's a non-issue.

playlisting
02-19-2015, 09:11 PM

I assume you're trolling, but if you aren't, the frame rate IS important. If a bug happens it means there's an error and something's gone wrong but if the frame rate is low, even if everything is working, it's still a pain in the *** to play.

nikos453
02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
I played all the ac games on ps3. All the games were around 25fps so after i completed all of them i sold my ps3 to buy ps4 and i cant believe i still play at 25fps i mean this is terrible next genw as supposed to be 60fps. i thought ubisoft learned their mistakes from watch dogs , didn they?