PDA

View Full Version : Where is patch 5 for PC?

dargor5
02-19-2015, 04:52 PM
On the console section says PC was going to get the patch on the 19th. Well nothing to download so where is it? Has anyone got it yet?

Title Update 5 for PC has now been released.

sheby1911
02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Probably soon like couple hours or ( I hope not ) it will be delayed

Jarden
02-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Probably soon like couple hours or ( I hope not ) it will be delayed

I will laugh my *** off it they'll delay the patch and use the "quality control" argument again:)

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 05:32 PM
As someone said last time, we've got to wait for Canadians to wake up and post it. ;)

BatJoe1
02-19-2015, 05:41 PM
As someone said last time, we've got to wait for Canadians to wake up and post it. ;)

Its the afternoon where they are. They've had plenty of time to release it.

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM
It's 11:45 AM in Montreal. :p

dargor5
02-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Lol. Well I will hold till the patch is released. To me unity just needed a couple of touches to make it the best. Hoping for the tesselation stuff too

Martyr_King
02-19-2015, 06:03 PM
I've been greatly disappointed with unity on PC. It goes to show that mainstream developers just cannot make the transition from the last generation to the current one either on consoles or on PC hardware. While I DO hope that this patch fixes a lot of performance issues and related bugs/glitches, it's just too little too late for me.

dargor5
02-19-2015, 06:16 PM
I've been greatly disappointed with unity on PC. It goes to show that mainstream developers just cannot make the transition from the last generation to the current one either on consoles or on PC hardware. While I DO hope that this patch fixes a lot of performance issues and related bugs/glitches, it's just too little too late for me.

So if you do have it on pc now that its going to work better is too late and you are not going to play it anymore after you payed for it?? Mmmm nope, doesnt make sense

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 06:18 PM
It's normal for developers to still be learning what they can do with the new hardware and how to do it. If you compare games from the beginning and from the end of their lifespan for most consoles, you'll see a huge difference. For instance, for the first year or two, developers had no clue how to program the CPU in PS3.

With that in mind, it is at least commendable that Ubisoft did something that was not seen on the previous generation of consoles. Performance issues can, therefore, be forgiven to an extent. The vast majority of bugs, on the other hand, had nothing to do with the transition to new hardware and bigger and richer game worlds.

EDIT: @dragor Well, it does make sense if he's already done everything there is to be done in the game. Better late than never, but it's true that a lot of people are done with this title by now.

AherasSTRG
02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Why would you wait for patch 5? It's probably gonna **** the game even more...

TH3R4BB1T
02-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Patch 5 = more console fixes and more PC bugs

dargor5
02-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I have a different version of the game. So many people still complaining about issues that I dont have after patch 4 or never seen.

DemigodWL
02-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I have a different version of the game. So many people still complaining about issues that I dont have after patch 4 or never seen.

Lucky you :)

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 07:29 PM
My most common issue is that sometimes, after getting back into the game from the menus, Arno no longer responds to controls. Then, I have to open the map and fast travel somewhere.

The next most common category are problems with important NPCs. Often, they seem to forget what they are supposed to be doing, but I also had multiple occurrences of key NPCs not spawning at all.

The other day, I was replaying one of the main story missions and a key NPC fell through a wall so I had to reload the last checkpoint. On the next attempt, he started clipping through the same wall, but finally snapped out of it and did what he was supposed to.

In the same session, maybe 30 minutes before, I also had the issue where I got stuck mid air, Arno's arms and legs dangling until the game decided to desynchronize me. These things are rare since patch 3, but they obviously still happen.

I've also had co-op sessions where we'd finish one objective and the game wouldn't give us the next one.

It's not so pronounced when just free roaming, because then you're not dependent on NPCs or scripted events and so on, but when playing the main campaign, I'd estimate that I encountered an obvious bug, likely to force me to reload, every 30-60 minutes, much more often than any other game I've played.

ceekay.sickart
02-19-2015, 09:27 PM
It's 10PM in my country... no patch yet.

metalfenix_666
02-19-2015, 10:06 PM
It's 4:35 PM here in my country, and nothing yet. I suspect that something went wrong with the patch for PC.

R6rulez
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
The Patch 5 has been scattered all across the animus, collect all fragments to get the patch. Nice work Ubi_tchSoft :)

Mr_Shade
02-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Title Update 5 for PC has a small unavoidable delay and is expected to be release soon – please watch out for further updates.

dargor5
02-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Title Update 5 for PC has a small unavoidable delay and is expected to be release soon – please watch out for further updates.

Good to know thanks Mr. shade

Mr_Shade
02-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Sorry it's not better news.

DemigodWL
02-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks for the update but lets be honest we were expecting this. For Ubi this is par for the course.

MenteAlina
02-19-2015, 11:21 PM

What a stupid excuse you now again for us ?! How can a company be so hypocritical

metalfenix_666
02-19-2015, 11:33 PM
Ah well, just as I expected.

frodrigues55
02-19-2015, 11:59 PM
@Mr_Shade - do you know if they are addressing/looking into the small random freezes the game suffers from time to time?

It's one of the most absurd things I have ever seen in a videogame, and although it has been here since day one, I haven't seen Ubi say a word about it.

It not only makes the whole experience a pain, but it also looks like it's not doing my PC any good.

BadManConz69
02-20-2015, 12:05 AM
Had enough with ubisoft and there releases and @Mr_Shade can't the parch notes at least be released...

Harmoniser1978
02-20-2015, 12:34 AM
IThis is the last patch for me if the stuttering and SLI isn't fixed I'm getting a refund. Fingers crossed

R6rulez
02-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Don't worry peeps I'm gonna get my phantom blade, looks like UbiSoft has been infiltrated by Templars.

metalfenix_666
02-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Don't worry peeps I'm gonna get my phantom blade, looks like UbiSoft has been infiltrated by Templars.

I bet they were controlled by templars long ago.

Martyr_King
02-20-2015, 07:44 AM
So if you do have it on pc now that its going to work better is too late and you are not going to play it anymore after you payed for it?? Mmmm nope, doesnt make sense

Yes, it does. While I really wanted to enjoy Unity for a new world and more fun Assassin gameplay, it has proven to be a poorly optimized and largely unpolished "final product". Working in the industry has taught me that prioritizing a full and completed consumer level product should be placed high above any other standards that need to be met or addressed at the time of release. I would much rather have a version of Assassin's Creed Unity that was more or less optimized for the PC over the pretty textures. Those could have been added in as an early post-launch patch.

As for paying for a game and not playing it, many PC players suffer from this for two reasons: Steam Sales and Humble Bundle.

nino__bruce
02-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Delay is okay,but I want to konw if te Patch 5 solve the bug finishing Dead kings in 100%,but the achievements is stil locked.

Lignjoslav
02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Strangely enough, I don't see anything that would cover that in the release notes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013223-Patch-5-Release-Notes).

R6rulez
02-20-2015, 10:20 AM
I bet they were controlled by templars long ago.

Yes, it does. While I really wanted to enjoy Unity for a new world and more fun Assassin gameplay, it has proven to be a poorly optimized and largely unpolished "final product". Working in the industry has taught me that prioritizing a full and completed consumer level product should be placed high above any other standards that need to be met or addressed at the time of release. I would much rather have a version of Assassin's Creed Unity that was more or less optimized for the PC over the pretty textures. Those could have been added in as an early post-launch patch.

As for paying for a game and not playing it, many PC players suffer from this for two reasons: Steam Sales and Humble Bundle.

Amen to that, brothers ! :)

Anykeyer
02-20-2015, 11:19 AM

Somehow I knew this would happen.

pbsec
02-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Patch 5 for PC is live but the game is still crap.

Mr_Shade
02-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Just to confirm - TU 5 for PC has now been released.

pbsec
02-20-2015, 12:33 PM

You and all Ubisoft team can keep this patch,the performance is still the same,I guess this game is one of those games that cannot be repaired.You have no idea how bad I feel because I`ve bought this game...last Assassin Creed ever.

DemigodWL
02-20-2015, 12:37 PM

Pc release notes please. Oh and when is the Nvidia tessellation stuff going to be added? Or has that been cut/

Mr_Shade
02-20-2015, 12:37 PM
You and all Ubisoft team can keep this patch,the performance is still the same,I guess this game is one of those games that cannot be repaired.

If you have performance issues - please consider updating drivers and lowering settings [depending on your hardware] - the game is demanding hence the high requirements.

Both AMD and Nvidia have released drivers which improve performance of many cards, so this will hopefully help - should you not have updated already.

pbsec
02-20-2015, 12:39 PM
If you have performance issues - please consider updating drivers and lowering settings [depending on your hardware] - the game is demanding hence the high requirements.

Both AMD and Nvidia have released drivers which improve performance of many cards, so this will hopefully help - should you not have updated already.

So a 5960X and 980SlI is a problem?lel !All drivers up to date,you game is the one with the problem not my PC.Learn to code and then come back with a game,until then don`t give ppl bad advices coz you don`t know what PC`s they have.

Mr_Shade
02-20-2015, 12:42 PM
As I said - depending on your hardware.. since I can only give general advice on the forums.

If you are running SLi and get stuttering - this maybe something that can be solved in a future driver update - however please ensure support are aware of your individual issue and hardware setup - so they can forward to the team as required.

Lignjoslav
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
If people with problems actually posted their specs when complaining, it would be easier to give them an advice. ;)

If you're trying to run it at 4K, lower your resolution, or game details, your hardware isn't good enough (AFAIK, there is no hardware that will do that). Other than that, state your resolution, game settings and the framerate that you are getting.

DemigodWL
02-20-2015, 12:51 PM
As I said - depending on your hardware.. since I can only give general advice on the forums.

If you are running SLi and get stuttering - this maybe something that can be solved in a future driver update - however please ensure support are aware of your individual issue and hardware setup - so they can forward to the team as required.

I know this will sound rude but why? As the last three months have shown nothing will be done about this issue and many others and you will just pass the buck to nvidia amd. So what will it achieve?

Can we have some pc release notes please and can you tell us where the users profile corrector is and how to use it.

Edit : The embedded readme only includes this

Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.5.0
################################################## ##############################
DLC outfits and weapons issues fixed
Fixed various Uplay Actions issues
Fixed minor Uplay Achievements issues
Minor render fixes
Minor UI fixes
Performance improvements
Nvidia SLI flickering fixed

Which isnt very helpful or informative

Mr_Shade
02-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Both AMD and Nvidia are in charge of optimising card drivers - they work with Ubisoft to do this - which in turn help performance in game.

If your cards haven't seen any gains with the latest drivers [which many others have reported] - then it maybe something that needs investigating.

PC patch notes - are expected soon - and will be posted as soon as possible.

DemigodWL
02-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks I know it sounded rude but I didnt want to shoot the messenger.

Please include info on the user profile thing as Im stumped is it even in the pc version?
Oh and is the only way to get a new game to delete the profile still?

ecocrash
02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
I7 2600k, Hd6900(O/clocked at times to 920mhz), 8GB RAM

this is with ultra high environment, high textures, high shadows, HBAO, FXAA

Well, having installed the patch , I have seen some improvements, Arno, is now more fluid especially in fights and jumping and walking in crowds, there is for me much less stuttering, less pop ups, the hair freezing in the air has gone, I have a few more FPS, 25 average on ground, much more on roofs, etc, but see below.

However, the draw distance is still a problem as is LOD, some buildings especially cathedrals/churches look like cardboard boxes, there may even be more of them than pre-patch, but who knows. The GPU usage is still low, but bit better 65% on main core, 56% on core two.
for me I now think it is largely an driver optimisation issue, maybe Crossfire too, my card HD6990 is a powerful but older one, the next AMD Omega driver may fix these issues but I am wondering if AMD will do anything about it.

update, Arno seems to be vanishing at times!, will monitor this

btw, would more ram help?,

clean mem is saying it using 6.43gb of ram, or 80%

BlackLord049
02-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Guys could you help me to check my list of known issues to see what the patch fixed or not ? http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/993027-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues-Updates-to-topic
Thank you :-)

metalfenix_666
02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
yeah I downloaded it minutes ago. At least I'm thankful that it didn't break anything for me, that's something.

Zylkito
02-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Both AMD and Nvidia are in charge of optimising card drivers - they work with Ubisoft to do this - which in turn help performance in game.

If your cards haven't seen any gains with the latest drivers [which many others have reported] - then it maybe something that needs investigating.

PC patch notes - are expected soon - and will be posted as soon as possible.

Sure what can AMD & Nvidia do about ****ty PC Ports. Max Payne 3 best PC port in time. Ubisoft games are not greatly optimized.

Dellers
02-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Good patch, really. I finally got my last two achievements, I could finally open the last two chests and re-locked equipment has been unlocked again..

niemtoor
02-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Sigh...I expected too much it seems. Set Textures at Ultra and STILL STUTTERING in many areas. It sems like Ultra textures is definitely for 4GB cards. What a big disappointment. With textures at High I can enable up to 4xmsaa and get no stutter, but with textures at Ultra, even fxaa gives me stutter...

dargor5
02-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Sigh...I expected too much it seems. Set Textures at Ultra and STILL STUTTERING in many areas. It sems like Ultra textures is definitely for 4GB cards. What a big disappointment. With textures at High I can enable up to 4xmsaa and get no stutter, but with textures at Ultra, even fxaa gives me stutter...

Yes it was. It says so everywere why were you expenting otherwise? Anyway try lowering enviromental quality, that helps a lot, and also lowering shadows, between low and high theres not much diference visualy but increases lot the performance

Abbott.Avi
02-20-2015, 09:22 PM
I laught sooo hard when i saw those patch notes.
Just focus on achievements, yeap, its priority, no stuttering, freezes...who wanted to solve it anyway :D ,
maybe that make this game unique and special. That adrenaline, everytime u try to play it.

- RIP Unity

Anykeyer
02-22-2015, 07:30 AM
If you experience stuttering its because you'r GPU is out of VRAM. Thats not something to be fixed, instead you should lower settings (textures and AA).