PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - February Update - 19/02/2015

Ubi-Cain
02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/d8c2cb1d283bf807bdad8674111b608a.png

Hello Uplay Gamers,

The next Uplay PC update is here and in it we've got some great quality of life features for you to better organize your downloads, detect previously installed/downloaded games and more.

New Download Manager
The first iteration of our new download manager gives you more freedom to queue up and arrange multiple downloads as you see fit.

Need to download multiple games overnight or while you're out for the day? Go ahead and queue them up. The download manager will allow you to prioritize that special game you just can't wait to play over all others. All you have to do is click on the arrow on the download you want to prioritize and it will jump to the top of the queue.

The download manager can be accessed at any time by clicking on the "Downloads" button in the top right corner of the client.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/be6e204befb39bffa1ba881e9c271c2d.png

Detect Existing Game Files
NOTE: This does not work for all games at the moment. Games requiring installation via a separate set of installation files after downloading the game are not supported by this feature. For those games, make sure you backup the installation files located at "\\*Uplay installation folder*\cache\installers" We are however converting these games over time to support this feature.

You've got a new hard drive, or you've just re-installed windows, or maybe you've just set up a brand new battle station and you want to copy over your already downloaded games? Well, now you can.

To do that simply select the folder where the game is located during the regular download process and the Uplay client will automatically detect and verify your game files.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/71973948ab5874fd1459dabb78a8f9d2.png

In addition to that, if you ever move an installed game's folder on your computer without uninstalling the game you can simply hit the "Play" button again in the Uplay Client and you'll be prompted to re-locate it. Once you have, you can jump straight back into the game.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/debd1904790759d097975bca32b0c135.png

FPS Counter Overlay
Check out what kind of frame rate you're getting with the new FPS counter which can be enabled/disabled under the "Settings" tab in the in-game Uplay Overlay

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/462b05f9ec0a681f17cc866d1e2ee7ef.png

VoIP Visual Notification
As an addition to our existing VoIP features we've added a new visual notification that you can see in game any time a party member speaks or presses their push-to-talk key.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/64d7b8c7ba266c41719fb356fa067866.png

Game Version Selector
An option to select a specific version of a game has been added to the client. It is not currently available for use by the broader community at the moment but it will allow developers to test updated game versions in a live environment before releasing them to the public.

.................................................. ..

That's it for this update folks.
We've got more features planned but as always, if you have any suggestions you'd like to make don't hesitate to let us know about them he on the forums.

The Uplay PC Team

GhoulofAltair
02-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi, the new "Detect Existing Game Files"-Feature sounds really promising. But when i tried to use it i failed to bring up the folder location window. Is there any option i have to change in the settings to use this feature?

bsnl_chutiyaapa
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi, the new "Detect Existing Game Files"-Feature sounds really promising. But when i tried to use it i failed to bring up the folder location window. Is there any option i have to change in the settings to use this feature?
that's the one thing i also want to know.there is no option to select the folder.

Ubi-Cain
02-19-2015, 06:11 PM

that's the one thing i also want to know.there is no option to select the folder.

Are you guys trying to locate a game that requires an installer?
Eg. Splinter Cell Blacklist or Assassin's Creed Revalations...?

Games that require installation after downloading the files use a different method, which is why you have the option to save your installers for backup. Those games unfortunately cannot be detected in the same way many other games can with the new feature.

If you have saved the installers however you should be able to install those games without issue. To find those simply go to the folder where you installed Uplay and then open the "cache" folder followed by the "installers" folder. (Alternatively you can find the location of these under the "Downloads" section of the options menu in the client.

There you will see (If you saved them) numbered folder(s) containing the installation files for different games. Find the one pertaining to your game and run the "setup.exe" for it.

Hope that helps,
/Cain

GhoulofAltair
02-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Games that require installation after downloading the files use a different method, which is why you have the option to save your installers for backup. Those games unfortunately cannot be detected in the same way many other games can with the new feature.

If you have saved the installers however you should be able to install those games without issue. To find those simply go to the folder where you installed Uplay and then open the "cache" folder followed by the "installers" folder. (Alternatively you can find the location of these under the "Downloads" section of the options menu in the client.

There you will see (If you saved them) numbered folder(s) containing the installation files for different games. Find the one pertaining to your game and run the "setup.exe" for it.

Hope that helps,
/Cain

Yeah that was it, found the installers of both games i tried ( AC3 and Settler 7) in the given cache folders. Thanks for the answer!

ceekay.sickart
02-20-2015, 11:25 AM
So, this feature will re-install (detect) all the games that were bought online and as a digital download via uplay?

If that, this is awesome. That means that AC Unity and The Crew (which I downloaded) will be restored after re-installing windows.

Ubi-Leorthian
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
ceekay.sickart,

If you take a back-up of your game files before you reinstall windows, then yes, you can place the files from your backup back onto your computer instead of downloading those files again .

ceekay.sickart
02-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Well, yes. I have all the game files on other hard drive so that's a plus. Also I usually copy the Ubisoft folder completly, just in case I need the savegames or previous crash reports and other stuff.

Eddy4823
03-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I have the game backup but I haven't saved the game installers. Every time I try to re locate the game files, I get the error "Download again, failed to locate". What do I need to do ?

mastabomba
05-01-2015, 04:17 PM
it seems that homm4 needs its installers after all and somehow after installation, those installer files got deleted automatically.

ImPakman
06-24-2015, 08:10 PM
I just tried the same with Watch Dogs and The Crew and after Discovering Files to 100% on both games, it just started downloading The Crew whereas with Watch_Dogs it didn't do that and it was fine.

Here's the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/7kvm6r
Any help with that, please?

ImPakman
06-24-2015, 08:42 PM

Hope that helps,
/Cain

I tried other games as well including AC: Unity and Far Cry 4 and so far ... this is the result: http://prntscr.com/7kvwap

Any help would be highly appreciated.

p.s. I'm quoting my previous post that I made few mins ago below so you can read that as well.

I just tried the same with Watch Dogs and The Crew and after Discovering Files to 100% on both games, it just started downloading The Crew whereas with Watch_Dogs it didn't do that and it was fine.

Here's the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/7kvm6r
Any help with that, please?

ImPakman
06-24-2015, 10:51 PM
UPDATE: Sorry for double post.

After about couple hours one by one, each game finished downloading without downloading the full game. I guess they had to download certain percentage of each game and then finish it.
So far so good: http://prntscr.com/7kxy68

Thanks once again uPlay for adding this much needed feature but wouldn't mind an even flawless system in the future.
Thank you.

Ubi-Cain
06-25-2015, 01:12 PM
UPDATE: Sorry for double post.

After about couple hours one by one, each game finished downloading without downloading the full game. I guess they had to download certain percentage of each game and then finish it.
So far so good: http://prntscr.com/7kxy68

Thanks once again uPlay for adding this much needed feature but wouldn't mind an even flawless system in the future.
Thank you.

Thanks for providing the feedback. This is only the first iteration of the being able to backup/restore game installs so this will no doubt come in handy. Even if it's only making it clearer to you what's happening, and that the entire game isn't being re-downloaded :P

/Cain

And_Zero
12-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Thanks for providing the feedback. This is only the first iteration of the being able to backup/restore game installs so this will no doubt come in handy. Even if it's only making it clearer to you what's happening, and that the entire game isn't being re-downloaded :P

/Cain

Im having an issue where uplay is trying to redownload the entire install of rainbow six siege now that I bought it after the free weekend. It seems like the current uplay version no longer has the option to identify files. When I verify the game files it says they are 100% fine...when I try to play it wants to redownload the entire thing. What the hell? Please help :(