PDA

View Full Version : Is Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China still in development?

L1nx77
02-19-2015, 09:58 AM
I was extremely excited for assassin's creed chronicles: china even though I only saw about 40 seconds of footage detailing it for the season pass of AC: Unity. After the season pass got discontinued and AC: Unity ended it complete and utter disaster I am doubtful about whether it will ever be made. I would love to find out that it is still in development especially because Mark of the Ninja exists. So here are my questions
- Is assassin's creed chronicles: china still in development or was it abandoned?
- Is the release date for assassin's creed chronicles: china still the same or has it been changed? (the release date or Q1 2015 did seem a bit ambitious)
- Could there be an entire franchise for Assassin's creed chronicles?

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't think anyone here has any special insider knowledge required to answer your questions with complete certainty. That being said:

the game is coming out, with 99.99% certainty; they have already sold it to people with Deluxe editions and Season Passes and it's been in develoment for a while, so it's coming out for sure.
that's a tougher one, but unless they hit a serious snag (and it's a relatively low tech game), the development has been going on for some time and they've still got almost 6 weeks in Q1, so, yeah, Q1 or early Q2 doesn't seem unrealistic. It certainly is ambitious, two major titles (with a 50€ price tag, Rogue counts as major), one major DLC (Dead Kings) and one minor title (Chronicles), all from the same franchise (god, I hate the word) all within 6 months... that's ambitious to say the least.
Chronicles: China certainly feels like a title of a chapter (therefore, one of many), but I don't think even Ubi knows for sure. I mean, the only reason we had AC:B and AC:R was that AC II did so well commercially (and similar goes for titles beyond AC III). They haven't committed themselves to a side series and there have been previous minor "Chronicles" titles (Altair's Chronicles), so we wait and see.

L1nx77
02-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Those answer are very helpful. About the last question though; I mean't a chronicles series, not a chronicles: china series. By that I mean a series of side scroller assassin's creed games with interesting settings that use beautiful landscapes. For example, we could have, assassin's creed chronicles: Greece or assassin's creed chronicles: Egypt. I believe the franchise would have a particular focus on exploring countries which wouldn't work for a 3d assassin's creed but would work beautifully for a 2d one.

Note: After seeing Altair's Chronicles I have got massive doubts about this game. Particularly because Altair's chronicles was a Nintendo DS and handheld device exclusive. I don't think it is reasonable to believe that the only reason games are on PC and console is because handheld devices can't handle them. Will assassin's creed chronicles: china be released on PC and console?

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 01:12 PM
I thought so too, I just didn't make myself clear. I think that they will wait and see, if it's well received, there's a good chance we'll see some more. Chronicles could provide the space for some of the settings they don't get to include in the main series, or as testing grounds for some future locations. It's coming out for the current generation of consoles and PCs. They are mostly comparing it with Assassin's Creed II: Discovery, which was a Nintendo DS and iPhone game.

Among PC titles, Mark of the Ninja comes to mind as something recent and similar, although that has nothing to do with the AC universe (it is a pretty good game, though).

L1nx77
02-19-2015, 10:17 PM
What made mark of the ninja was good because it's 2d stealth was incredibly well designed and coupled with a great story. The universe it is set in doesn't matter because if this game is even remotely like Mark of the Ninja I am instantly buying. Might even pre-order a game for the first time in my life

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Well, it shouldn't be too dissimilar, but the developers are completely different. It might also be a pretty short game. The ads for Season Pass all say that it brings about 8h of new gameplay. That includes not only Chronicles: China, but also Dead Kings, and even the three smaller additional ACU missions. Judging by that, the entire AC Chronicles: China should be about 4 hours long.

L1nx77
02-20-2015, 06:34 AM
It's still worth it, 4 hour long game could still be very enjoyable. I'd imagine they would make it longer since they plan on making it a standalone game