PDA

View Full Version : AUSTRALIAN FLIGHT SIMULATION EXPO

RAC_Pips
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
It's here, it's on, it's gonna be fantastic!! We've never had something like this in OZ before, so anyone in the Sydney region would be mad to miss out on it.

On Saturday 28/8 only, from 11.00am to 4.00pm. There are guest speakers, Pacific Theatre from UbiSoft will be on show, there is a massive Flight Sim LAN meet and the inaugural Australian Virtual Top Gun Competition featuring:

Microsoft Flight Simulator2002/2004
IL2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles - Ace Expansion Pack
Lock On:Modern Air Combat
Falcon 4.0
Red Baron 3D.

It will be a blast!

More details can be found here:
http://ozfs-expo.com/home.htm

RAC_Pips
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
It's here, it's on, it's gonna be fantastic!! We've never had something like this in OZ before, so anyone in the Sydney region would be mad to miss out on it.

On Saturday 28/8 only, from 11.00am to 4.00pm. There are guest speakers, Pacific Theatre from UbiSoft will be on show, there is a massive Flight Sim LAN meet and the inaugural Australian Virtual Top Gun Competition featuring:

Microsoft Flight Simulator2002/2004
IL2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles - Ace Expansion Pack
Lock On:Modern Air Combat
Falcon 4.0
Red Baron 3D.

It will be a blast!

More details can be found here:
http://ozfs-expo.com/home.htm

CowboyTodd41
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Haha, all you Aussies call it Oz! I'm from Kansas, another Land of Oz http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif btw, have fun!

http://www.spankdonkey.com/jamming/view.php/1782.png

II JG2_Oesau
08-25-2004, 03:55 PM
I'll be there armed with camera and ready to capture anything new on PF.

S!

"There were still others who would fire a quick burst, then quickly break off; or watch somebody else hammer an airplane, then, when the German was already windmilling and going down, dive in and fire a quick burst, then try to share credit for the kill. I had a guy do that to me. Believe me, he never did it again."

Chuck Yeager on kill stealing

Bluedog72
08-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I couldnt make it down to sydney for the weekend, but would have loved to be there.
please post any piccies of the show, your thoughts on what you saw etc.....would be muchly appreciated.

II JG2_Oesau
08-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Took the camera to the expo, wanting to catch some new footage but was left feeling that I hadn't seen anything new (well there was something that I hadn't seen before). So I ended up taking any shots.

The set-up was as follows; 2 machines showing replays of saved tracks. So there was no chance to get hands on with PF which is what I had hoped for.

One saved track was of a seafire taking off from what looked like the HMS Illustrious. The aircraft would take off and then do some fly-bys of the carrier and then come into land. Was nice to see it in action after all of the updates, but to be honest, the updates could have been taken from this track (I'm not saying that they were but you got the feeling of "I've seen this already") Two points of interest for me was; the canopy was shown opening and closing (in one fluid movement), and the sense of speed when coming into land on the deck (the deck landing was shown from within the cockpit). I saw no LSO or window showing the LSO. But as some you may have already seen from others posts that there is a LSO (just not in this version of what I saw).

But one thing that I did see which I though was interesting, was the Kamikaze attack on a cargo ship. Think it was a zero which was attacking, but anyway, the one hit was enough to sink the ship (this was no glancing blow, it was a diving attack that hit the ship mid deck).

The avenger was only as AI, however I was told that it will be flyable.

Menus - Well I was really interested in this, as I felt that this was something that would be good to update. I only got to see the "select track" menu and it was pretty much the same as the one we have now, except it was a greenish colour. The same switches were shown.

Overall though, I can?t wait to play this. All comments are made about a beta version, so who knows what will change.

Thanks to III/JG11 Ivank for the chat about the game and his efforts in bringing PF to the Expo.