PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed V (5)? When?

ubigamercell
02-18-2015, 03:41 PM
So there's Victory and some other set in Asia/China (I think) but what about the main series to have the Greek numerals like II-IV did?

I'm definitely looking forward for Victory as it's set in London and that's always an interesting place to visit for historical reasons and whatnot. :D Sucks for 360 and PS3 owners though (Wii U too but UbiSoft's left it behind because of the abysmal low sales which is a shame as it's where I've been playing AC IV).

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Never.

They are done with numbers.

king-hailz
02-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Never.

They are done with numbers.

Among other things...

GoldenBoy9999
02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
There won't be any more numbered ones. It should just be "Assassin's Creed Victory"

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Among other things...

May you stop?

GunnerGalactico
02-18-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't think that they should be numbering the titles now.

aL_____eX
02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
There won't be any more numbered ones. It should just be "Assassin's Creed Victory"
Still feel that 'Victory' is the game's code name only, although it would somehow match 'Unity'.

ze_topazio
02-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Like many other series who dropped numbers did in the past, once the series is no longer doing as well, they'll return with the legendary AC 5 in hopes of reigniting the fire.

GoldenBoy9999
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Still feel that 'Victory' is the game's code name only, although it would somehow match 'Unity'.

Yeah, it could be. I'm not sure yet. What I do know is that it is listed as Assassin's Creed Victory in the database of game stores thanks to the findings of Kiwi, Wolve, and me a while back. It would be interesting to know how often games are listed by their code name in an official store like that.

VestigialLlama4
02-18-2015, 06:24 PM
It's the annualization, once they release a game every year and move from following "One Assassin's journey through life" they have to justify the setting, scenery change, so they dropped the numbers.

Technically speaking, UNITY was supposed to be their ACIV, in that it had a longer development time and had new assets, locations and settings as well as promising new gameplay. The only reason BLACK FLAG got a numbering was because the marketing of Ubisoft are a bunch of cowards with the reflexes of especially timid Pavlovian dogs who blew up the made-up backlash of ACIII out of proportion and so made Black Flag IV because they didn't want III's cooties. Aside from open world sailing as a concept, nothing in Black Flag is really original to it, it spins-off and streamlines several assets from III, while ROGUE dispenses with all subtlety in cannibalizing its predecessors like a well-made fanfiction.

I expect VICTORY will be modelled on UNITY but with some alterations in acknowledgement of the negative feedback that UNITY got. I think you can expect to see LONDON SIDE STORIES and MURDER MYSTERIES with Arthur Conan Doyle or whoever the hell.

I think Assassin's Creed V will be the one that goes to the Ancient World, the Egyptian Assassin's Creed that I am sure is being developed in some studio, somewhere.

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 08:51 AM
It's the annualization, once they release a game every year and move from following "One Assassin's journey through life" they have to justify the setting, scenery change, so they dropped the numbers.

Technically speaking, UNITY was supposed to be their ACIV, in that it had a longer development time and had new assets, locations and settings as well as promising new gameplay. The only reason BLACK FLAG got a numbering was because the marketing of Ubisoft are a bunch of cowards with the reflexes of especially timid Pavlovian dogs who blew up the made-up backlash of ACIII out of proportion and so made Black Flag IV because they didn't want III's cooties. Aside from open world sailing as a concept, nothing in Black Flag is really original to it, it spins-off and streamlines several assets from III, while ROGUE dispenses with all subtlety in cannibalizing its predecessors like a well-made fanfiction.

I expect VICTORY will be modelled on UNITY but with some alterations in acknowledgement of the negative feedback that UNITY got. I think you can expect to see LONDON SIDE STORIES and MURDER MYSTERIES with Arthur Conan Doyle or whoever the hell.

I think Assassin's Creed V will be the one that goes to the Ancient World, the Egyptian Assassin's Creed that I am sure is being developed in some studio, somewhere.

It really is just a matter of cowardice and, after a point, convenience. When a company wants to push a product they think will be successful, they slap a number on it. When they're already drawing heavy criticism for producing too many, they'll use a subtitle to try and downplay the speed at which they're releasing them. IV is appropriate, though, for Black Flag, as it was very, very different from its predecessor. Sure, same engine, same basic gameplay, but the addition of the ship changed the experience so drastically that it didn't even feel like the same franchise.

Shahkulu101
02-20-2015, 03:07 PM
It's threads like these that make me wish they had stuck to the original concept of 3 games, 3 settings, 3 protagonists. That way they could have gave the Desmond arc a satisfying conclusion before moving on and annualizing the franchise for maximum profit.

God, just imagine how different the series would be...

Namikaze_17
02-20-2015, 03:29 PM
^ We cannot weep and wonder what might've been.