PDA

View Full Version : Patch 5 Release Notes

EscoBlades
02-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Here are the details of Patch 5. This patch is rolling out to both Xbox One and PS4 players today (February 18th). PC Players can expect the patch on February 19th.

Patch 5 release date: February 18th
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4 (PC coming February 19th)

Stability & performance

Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop

Save game & Progression

Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2

Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication

Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
Fixed issues with the My Club feature

Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)

Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
Fixed minor navigation issues

Menus and HUD

Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
Fixed additional issues with notifications

World & 3D

Fixed some minor FX and texture issues

Pau1o88
02-18-2015, 09:19 PM
So you can imagine my excitement when I saw the release of Patch 5.

Maybe they've fixed the pop in, maybe they've fixed the horrible texture streaming... NOPE !

I also cant unlock all the blue chest as it clearly states that I should be able to.

Here's a few videos taken this morning after the installation of patch 5.

Cant open this blue chest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp6_am6IhGI

Watch this guys hat & coat change color and pop in and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkxmG1PpWOo

watch the guy in the hat under the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxPp_NUBXmc

watch the guy in the hat i walk upto (plus various npc's in the distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsArD1uRH7E

Sorry, but I've had enough of Ubisoft. I've been a huge fan of the series but Unity / Watch dogs has put me off buying any more of their games.

JustPlainQuirky
02-18-2015, 09:20 PM
That's unfortunate. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

But I do encourage you not to purchase Victory upon release.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Aw, I thought they fixed the first issue. =(

As long as the ULC weapons become usable, I can wait for the next patch.

JustPlainQuirky
02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
next patch.

Oh lord another one?

5 patches is comical enough.

We're getting 6?

7 dare I say?

Can I get an 8 in the house?

I mean did AC3 get this many patches? I wasn't around then. It's still glitchy as hell but I don't mind, really.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 10:02 PM
You know what, the more the better. Assuming they put as much effort into the next one.

AC3 had 6 patches.

JustPlainQuirky
02-18-2015, 10:04 PM
AC3 had 6 patches.

Oh lord.

I'm a nintendo baby so the concept of even 1 patch still baffles me.

Beta test your games better, people.

aL_____eX
02-18-2015, 10:06 PM
I'd say I wouldn't mind the 5 patches if they all were like 10MB, which is already more than some people can take. But seeing that one of the patches had a size of nearly 7GB, I really start thinking about the concept of releasing games too early in an unfinished and unpolished state...

JustPlainQuirky
02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
I really start thinking about the concept of releasing games too early in an unfinished and unpolished state...

You're a little late there, buddy...

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 10:08 PM
U don't say.

aL_____eX
02-18-2015, 10:10 PM
You're a little late there, buddy...
Saying that in other words would have ended up in a disaster, so I kept it calm.

Perk89
02-19-2015, 06:08 AM
It appears as if Patch 5 has opened up a bug in my game. I never wrestled with any bugs so it's a bit frustrating.

anyways, I'm unable to use smoke bombs now without Arno immediately turning into a motionless putz. Or, rather, I should say, cowardly puppy, as he can still up move around and equip medicine, but that's it. I can't attack, dodge, or parry at all after using a smoke bomb. If I leave the fight it may fix it, but that isn't exactly a workaround given that there are various times where combat is mandated and without smoke bombs the game can become an exercise in tedium given how many weapons,tools, techniques were removed from the combat system for Unity.

playlisting
02-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Question is - is the performance fixed?

Domestico
02-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Can you confirm wether or not the companion missions are required to get 100% in the progress tracker?

Also, are helix artifacts still locked without completing companion missions?

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 08:59 AM
It appears as if Patch 5 has opened up a bug in my game. I never wrestled with any bugs so it's a bit frustrating.

anyways, I'm unable to use smoke bombs now without Arno immediately turning into a motionless putz. Or, rather, I should say, cowardly puppy, as he can still up move around and equip medicine, but that's it. I can't attack, dodge, or parry at all after using a smoke bomb. If I leave the fight it may fix it, but that isn't exactly a workaround given that there are various times where combat is mandated and without smoke bombs the game can become an exercise in tedium given how many weapons,tools, techniques were removed from the combat system for Unity.

I always had that problem. Thats one of the biggest things i hated about the combat.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59352831.jpg

Domestico
02-19-2015, 09:10 AM

I can confirm that this has been a bug for quite a while, happens quite regularly for me. Getting out of combat sometimes won't even fix it, but this is limited to those NPCs who I were fighting, works normally on anyone else (unti they bug as well). Assassinating them still works though, just no open combat moves.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 09:38 AM
I can confirm that this has been a bug for quite a while, happens quite regularly for me. Getting out of combat sometimes won't even fix it, but this is limited to those NPCs who I were fighting, works normally on anyone else (unti they bug as well). Assassinating them still works though, just no open combat moves.

That is a huge issue with me about the new combat system. I'm glad to hear its a bug and not Ubisoft's idea of making combat harder.

Domestico
02-19-2015, 09:39 AM
That is a huge issue with me about the new combat system. I'm glad to hear its a bug and not Ubisoft's idea of making combat harder.

Yep, what sucks though is that it's clearly not on their to-fix list, as this crap has been around since the start. Quite embarrasing after 5 patches..

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Yep, what sucks though is that it's clearly not on their to-fix list, as this crap has been around since the start. Quite embarrasing after 5 patches..

I hope it isn't in AC Victory... i'm still debating whether i should pre-order it, so i can pay it off ahead of time or wait for the reviews and pay the whole amount if it sounds worth it... :-/

Domestico
02-19-2015, 09:51 AM
My time of pre-ordering ubi products is long past. Gonna wait for public reactions, not just reviews, as bugs and performance issues seem to surface some time after.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 09:52 AM
My time of pre-ordering ubi products is long past. Gonna wait for public reactions, not just reviews, as bugs and performance issues seem to surface some time after.

Well, hopefully i'll be able to go to E3 this year and get to see the game up close. Or maybe they'll show off a playable demo at the Gamestop Expo...

Domestico
02-19-2015, 09:59 AM
I really want to see a demo of Victory as well, but quite frankly I expect it only to represent the end product in art style and gameplay features. Technical performance, graphics quality and eventual bugs remains to be seen

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 10:00 AM
I really want to see a demo of Victory as well, but quite frankly I expect it only to represent the end product in art style and gameplay features. Technical performance, graphics quality and eventual bugs remains to be seen

Yea, but thats why i would want a playable demo. I'd beta test the hell outta that game. Force them to realize that it still has bugs and need to fix them.

Domestico
02-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Betatesting is an interesting subject here. Wonder if a beta test of Unity would have led to much needed delays in order to fix uncovered issues, or if they had still pushed the holiday release.

N9FingaCharlie
02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
The 5 gold diamonds level in Arno''s data.

phoenix-force411
02-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Well, I was able 100% sync the game while having 81/84 artifacts completed. I'm sure this is a bug where it displays the wrong number, because I unlocked everything I was supposed to from collecting artifacts, and the Progress Tracker shows that I've collected them all. And LOL, people are still complaining about the five diamonds.

Perk89
02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
As I put inn another thread, I can no longer use smoke bombs in combat as it freezes everything up. Not in a literal "frozen screen" sense, but upon using a bomb, Arno will decide that he no longer wishes to fight anymore and become a pacifist (true french form I say) I can't attack, dodge, or parry. The only thing I can do is equip medicine and run away (in true french form I say)

You had the jabs coming Ubisoft, you done broke my game.

phoenix-force411
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM
As I put inn another thread, I can no longer use smoke bombs in combat as it freezes everything up. Not in a literal "frozen screen" sense, but upon using a bomb, Arno will decide that he no longer wishes to fight anymore and become a pacifist (true french form I say) I can't attack, dodge, or parry. The only thing I can do is equip medicine and run away (in true french form I say)

You had the jabs coming Ubisoft, you done broke my game.

That problem has been around since pre-patch 5.

Perk89
02-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Not on my console.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Betatesting is an interesting subject here. Wonder if a beta test of Unity would have led to much needed delays in order to fix uncovered issues, or if they had still pushed the holiday release.

Since they think they need to release a game every year, they probably pushed it...

CappaMedicea
02-19-2015, 07:51 PM
"Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players"

What does it mean? I don't have to complete Nomad mission anymore to get all the contents of the Companion App?

TO_M
02-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Ultrablending does not work anymore :(

Mithrandirzer0
02-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Since the patch, I can play the game offline for the time being. But it will not connect to UPlay, the EStore, etc... There is none of this "Stability" that they were talking about. There's no connectivity at all!

I'm just SMDH here......

Selian DeSang
02-20-2015, 03:17 AM
well now that everything has been released i have 100% completion in game.... whose idea was it to lock stuff behind an app? some of us dont have smartphones or ipads or whatever else there is. please do not do this in the future.

eXtremeWarhead
02-20-2015, 07:52 AM
absolutely ridiculous...remove of the companion app, now, where about everyone is done with the game...

tesselation patch...should came about one week after release...k then, fix the bigger problems first. NOW after about 14-15 weeks nothing to hear about it anymore. "let's bring the feature then when there is the next ac done and nobody does speak about the old one anymore, so that nobody can say that we doesn't bring the announced features."...

McMelch
02-20-2015, 09:45 AM
I hope it isn't in AC Victory... i'm still debating whether i should pre-order it, so i can pay it off ahead of time or wait for the reviews and pay the whole amount if it sounds worth it... :-/

I can't help it.
WHAT?
How can you even think about preordering ACV after this catastrophic release? How could ANYONE who witnessed this trainwreck?
What is wrong with us?

escalinci
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I decided not to purchase this game at launch because of the issues, still interested but now it's become a case of not wanting to play due to the hassle of downloading multiple gbs of patches. I think the largest game I ever downloaded was the last of us' expansion, it was about 5gb and was a fairly agonising wait but worth it! Hopefully there is some sort of revised sku like a platinum edition on the cards when it plays reasonably well, otherwise I really will have to skip this game.

Dieinthedark
02-20-2015, 10:49 PM
So is the Helix Rift mission that allows you to unlock the Altair outfit available to play without needing to do all the 9 Pantheon companion app missions now? Or does anyone know?

blackroseMD1
02-21-2015, 12:07 AM
I can't 100% the game because one of the nomad chests is glitched. The "Interact" prompt shows up, I hit the button, Arno kind of crouches and then nothing happens. Then the "Interact" prompt pops up again.

mdf1968
02-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Those who have downloaded patch 5 for PC - how big is the patch supposed to be?

Uplay is basically forcing me to download 50GB - that's just the whole game again... says it will take 30hr+ to download.... I've cancelled the download for now but of course I can't play online... no more co-op until I either download the entire game again or ubisoft sort themselves out.... I have a feeling I'll just have to just download the entire game again... sucks!!

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 04:38 AM
I can't help it.
WHAT?
How can you even think about preordering ACV after this catastrophic release? How could ANYONE who witnessed this trainwreck?
What is wrong with us?

Fallout Series... need I say anymore?

Pau1o88
02-21-2015, 05:47 PM
I can't 100% the game because one of the nomad chests is glitched. The "Interact" prompt shows up, I hit the button, Arno kind of crouches and then nothing happens. Then the "Interact" prompt pops up again.

you mean like my first video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp6_am6IhGI

IXIRIPPERzIXI
03-07-2015, 07:12 PM
downloaded patch 5 and it hasn't made one bit of a difference npc are still buggy as hell,, for some reason Arno's moment seem to be more sluggish than it previously was. i really had faith in this update when i was reading about it but no just no its a fail ( well for me it is anyway ) the videos that have been posted in this thread are basically the same problems i am also having don't know if there is one last patch in the works but the length of time it had taking to release the actual fix list was a bit small imo as there is still a lot be looked at and fixed..

maybe ubisoft actually think the game is fixed there wrong. wish i never spent money on this game and also think this will be were the series ends for me. not prepared to fork out money on a new assassins creed when i haven't finished the last installment really hope there is a final patch but i have a feeling patch 5 was the last.

Markaccus
03-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Ah. Now i see why my post was removed. The info i wanted was here. Sorry, oh benevolent moderators, i did look for a thread, but never thought of checking the "stickies" :-D

Edit...

Aaaaand looking through, it looks like i should take my time playing FCry4 while they sort this out. :-s

saadbiabia
03-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Uplay.exe
Application Version: 5.1.0.3929
Application Timestamp: 54f4a2fb
Fault Module Name: Uplay.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.1.0.3929
Fault Module Timestamp: 54f4a2fb
Exception Offset: 0134b633
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: 8b33
Additional Information 2: 8b330a929b2377a40042bb5f8d32871d
Additional Information 3: 9d2f
Additional Information 4: 9d2fe1c4a496ab0bad66b28057f6c154

??????

escalinci
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Ok, so you seem to be done patching, now you should make future physical copies up to date, print new versions so customers don't have to download tens of GBs of patches, waiting multiple days before they can play the game in its best form.