PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Kings and Thieves

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 04:44 AM
I was having a discussion with demonlord on the 2017 thread, but I'll move it here so I don't distract from it anymore.

We were talking about a Robin Hood/King Richard AC game.

I was originally thinking the obvious, Robin Hood and merry men= assassin brotherhood, Prince John = Templar.

Then I did just a little bit of reading on Richard and realized following his story would also add so much potential to the plot.

Richard dealt heavily with the Templars, fought many military campaigns, was imprisoned with lots of scheming going on when terms were being discussed for his release, and he was shot by a crossbow when he was caught without his armor which became infected and killed him.

History provides a great plot.

Medieval setting, with both cities/castles and wilderness play.

I personally would really like some good archery play.

Potential for a Altair cameo, maybe a quick Masyaf visit?

Edit: Another random thought. They could experiment with new ways to pickpocket and rob carriages, etc. Make it more interesting.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 04:49 AM
Also I don't want another revenge/redemption/love story for the main character. Just make him a badass assassin, fighting for the order.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 04:50 AM
I was having a discussion with demonlord on the 2017 thread, but I'll move it here so I don't distract from it anymore.

I was originally thinking the obvious, Robin Hood and merry men= assassin brotherhood, Prince John = Templar.

Then I did just a little bit of reading on Richard and realized following his story would also add so much potential to the plot.

Richard dealt heavily with the Templars, fought many military campaigns, was imprisoned with lots of scheming going on when terms were being discussed for his release, and he was shot by a crossbow when he was caught without his armor which became infected and killed him.

I've hijacked this thread too

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/Eva_Jeneva/320/JokerCopCar.gif

In all seriousness, this does have the potential for a great AC game that goes back to the basics. IMO at least.

Perk89
02-18-2015, 05:13 AM
If nothing else, Unity's Helix Rifts showed that any of the three locations we saw would be gorgeous.

GoldenBoy9999
02-18-2015, 05:41 AM
Nice, I saw one post about this but I didn't know it turned into a discussion.

I like this idea for several reasons. First of all, after the modern games I wanted to go back to a point farther back in history and my preferred time would be medieval. This point in time has some really cool events and themes.

If it is a Robin Hood like game, it could include a lot of forests for a return to tree climbing and possibly hunting. Robin Hood is known for his archery so we could get a new version of the bow as well.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 05:48 AM

I like this idea for several reasons. First of all, after the modern games I wanted to go back to a point farther back in history and my preferred time would be medieval. This point in time has some really cool events and themes.

If it is a Robin Hood like game, it could include a lot of forests for a return to tree climbing and possibly hunting. Robin Hood is known for his archery so we could get a new version of the bow as well.

Thats what I loved the most about AC 3. Running through the trees, stalking animals and enemies alike. Also, it would get people to back off on the whole "hoods need to go" thing. I just think its a good idea to go in this direction. The closer we get to modern day, the less combat we'll see. I dont think the stealth system we have at the moment will be capable of handling anything more Modern then the Victorian era. Guns are getting stronger, reloads are getting shorter, they're becoming more accurate.

I'm going to save judgement on Victory until it comes out. Hopefully Ubisoft shows me that Unity was just a hiccup and not what every AC game will be like from now on... Cause if thats the case, i'm going to stop getting AC games.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 05:53 AM

I was playing unity the other day and happened to be in the corner of the map with all the trees when the sun was brightest, and I was thinking how awesome it would be to have the tree exploration of AC 3 with those graphics! Not to mention the medieval setting.

And I said on the other thread, if they put half the time into archery mechanics as they did turning assassins into pirates, it would be really good.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Also I don't want another revenge/redemption/love story for the main character. Just make him a badass assassin, fighting for the order.

Just a badass Assassin fighting for the order sounds very drab. Any plans on character development and so on?

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Just a badass Assassin fighting for the order sounds very drab. Any plans on character development and so on?

Perhaps instead of fighting for the order, since its unlikely the order is there at the moment, how about he be a part of Robin Hood's merry men and is fighting for the freedom of England. As he continues to fight against Prince John, he learns more about the Templar Assassin war.

Hans684
02-18-2015, 06:10 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_of_Cassingham

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 06:15 AM

Are you saying make a game based around this guy or make the AC Robin Hood game with a character like him?

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Perhaps instead of fighting for the order, since its unlikely the order is there at the moment, how about he be a part of Robin Hood's merry men and is fighting for the freedom of England. As he continues to fight against Prince John, he learns more about the Templar Assassin war.

That's not the character development I'm talking about.

I mean things like Altair overcoming his arrogance and understanding the Assassin's Creed, Edward putting away his greed to outdo the wrongs and coming to realize there is more to the Assassin's Creed, Connor understanding the true nature of the world and continue to persevere, and Arno understanding that the Assassin's Creed is a warning for those, like himself, lost in their desires and not a grant of permission to do what they please.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 06:21 AM
That's not the character development I'm talking about.

I mean things like Altair overcoming his arrogance and understanding the Assassin's Creed, Edward putting away his greed to outdo the wrongs and coming to realize there is more to the Assassin's Creed, Connor understanding the true nature of the world and continue to persevere, and Arno understanding that the Assassin's Creed is a warning for those, like himself, lost in their desires and not a grant of permission to do what they please.

Yea... but it took the story quite some time to really show that Arno learned that <.<

Anyways, I see what your going for. Perhaps the guy could be a member of Prince John's guard and realizes that Prince John is a bad person and joins Robin Hood to fight against his old master.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Yea... but it took the story quite some time to really show that Arno learned that <.<

Not the point. It took Ezio two games until he actually developed as a character. =p

Anyways, I see what your going for. Perhaps the guy could be a member of Prince John's guard and realizes that Prince John is a bad person and joins Robin Hood to fight against his old master.

You're still off. What's the character? What MAKES the character. Who is he? Why is he doing what he does?

Edward started off brash and selfish. He became a privateer, disregarding his wife and parents, to pursue his dreams of riches. He later then made the harsh decision of becoming a pirate and throughout his adventure, as he harmed innocents, discover the Creed, the two Orders and their ideals, and close friends and family perish, he started to realize there was more to life than his own greed. People are dependent on him There is more to the Assassin's Creed than reaching your desires. Etc, etc.

Something I feel would be ideal for this Robin Hood-esque character is to start off selfless, disregarding his own well-being for the sake of others. He joins the Brotherhood because it would further his ideal. Instead of simply helping those around him, he can help the world, save the future. Throughout his adventure, he discovers that in order to help others, he must help himself. Saving one life instead of his own almost destroyed a village. Etc, etc. Stuff like that. =p

Personality wise and its dynamics, he's witty and charming. A sly fellow. However, it doesn't work on the Brotherhood because they can see through him. They know him better than himself. They tell him his selflessness would be the end of him and that plays throughout the adventure.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 06:39 AM
Not the point. It took Ezio two games until he actually developed as a character. =p

You're still off. What's the character? What MAKES the character. Who is he? Why is he doing what he does?

Edward started off brash and selfish. He became a privateer, disregarding his wife and parents, to pursue his dreams of riches. He later then made the harsh decision of becoming a pirate and throughout his adventure, as he harmed innocents, discover the Creed, the two Orders and their ideals, and close friends and family perish, he started to realize there was more to life than his own greed. People are dependent on him There is more to the Assassin's Creed than reaching your desires. Etc, etc.

Something I feel would be ideal for this Robin Hood-esque character is to start off selfless, disregarding his own well-being for the sake of others. He joins the Brotherhood because it would further his ideal. Instead of simply helping those around him, he can help the world, save the future. Throughout his adventure, he discovers that in order to help others, he must help himself. Saving one life instead of his own almost destroyed a village. Etc, etc. Stuff like that. =p

Sounds too complicated.

Lets flip on it.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/xander_jax/Two-Face_Coin-Flip.gif

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 07:26 AM

I just thought of that right now, and realized you already posted it. Yea that would give the term eagle vision a whole knew meaning.

Locopells
02-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Who's Daemon? anyways here's the link i got the pictures from.

https://mrbeady.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/robin-hoods-grave-w-yorkshire-june-12/

Oops, my bad.

Hmm, interesting. Seems as though the Robin Hood claims were added later though...

MenocidiX
02-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Let me think about it...

http://muslimmedicine.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nah-man.gif

Nah.

VestigialLlama4
02-18-2015, 01:47 PM

What you are describing is an idea for a Robin Hood game(which I am game for). Robin Hood won't work for Assassin's Creed. Several reasons:
1) Robin Hood is a folklore-fictional character. There is no historical evidence for him, like the way there is for Blackbeard and the other pirates.
2) Medieval Castles and the like clashes with Assassin's Creed urban gameplay. You mentioned the Frontier in AC3 and that is an interesting exception but even then, the point was that Connor kept interacting with new settlements and rising businesses.
3) The appeal of Robin Hood is that he's this outlaw and rebel, slightly amoral. In other words same as Edward Kenway and the other pirates, who rob and loot the navies of slaveowning empires.

In other words there's nothing new or interesting a Robin Hood AC will bring to the franchise. Likewise the same with a Wild West Cowboy AC. If you want a Robin Hood game then that's a separate thing to pitch, and personally it could be pretty good.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Ok it seems everyone is missing the point.
You are all focusing way too much on the main character at the moment.

All I was saying was I don't want another my father/mother/family was killed, so I joined the assassins plot. Make an interesting character by all means.

However, my MAIN point is the potential for a great historic, assassins/templars conflict story (let's be honest. There hasn't been very much of that in a while).

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Edward wasn't even an assassin until the very end.
Arno only joined to get revenge, and was kicked out. At one point I went "oh yeah! I forgot about the revolution!"

Arno be like "is that the king being executed? I really couldn't care less. I'm just here for revenge of one death, when you would think I would be at least somewhat concerned about another murder."

I want AC to go back to it's roots. Assassins and Templars, and good historical settings that aren't wasted, with a story to connect it with the rest of the series.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Ok it seems everyone is missing the point.
You are all focusing way too much on the main character at the moment.

All I was saying was I don't want another my father/mother/family was killed, so I joined the assassins plot. Make an interesting character by all means.

I threw in some ideas. Feel free to comment on it. =p

However, my MAIN point is the potential for a great historic, assassins/templars conflict story (let's be honest. There hasn't been very much of that in a while).

The 18th century saga had an amazing historical Assassin vs Templar conflict. The best in the franchise, TBH. A massive leap from the Ezio Trilogy and more spice than AC1.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Edward wasn't even an assassin until the very end.
Arno only joined to get revenge, and was kicked out. At one point I went "oh yeah! I forgot about the revolution!"

Arno be like "is that the king being executed? I really couldn't care less. I'm just here for revenge of one death, when you would think I would be at least somewhat concerned about another murder."

I want AC to go back to it's roots. Assassins and Templars, and good historical settings that aren't wasted, with a story to connect it with the rest of the series.

It's not the title of Assassin that matters, it means jack ****, as demonstrated countless of times throughout the franchise. i.e Altair, Ezio, Shay, Arno. It's their conviction as a character and understanding of the Assassin's Creed that matters most.

Altair originally joined because it was the only life he knew. He was a capable killer, but no Assassin until the end when he truly understood the Assassin's Creed and overcome his arrogance.

In AC2, Ezio supported the Brotherhood solely for revenge and at the VERY end after the Brotherhood ceremony with 1 contract left, he never full-filled his duty as an Assassin. He let Rodrigo Borgia live for himself, and only himself, disobeying the Order and the Creed. That's worse than Edward and Arno.

In ACB, Ezio was still not an Assassin. Not only did he allow Rodrigo to live, he RETIRED right after. Then the Borgias stormed in and Ezio traveled to Rome to finally full-filled his duty as an Assassin should and discovered that there was more to his work than himself.

In ACR, long story short, this is when Ezio finally develops as a character. It's in Revelations that Ezio started to doubt himself, his actions, and seek answers for his work. It's when he truly understood the Assassin's Creed, which he explained at the end.

Edward became an Assassin at the end, okay, but at least he was truly an Assassin. His conviction was all there in the white rooms. He truly believed in the order and carried out their wishes for the next 3-4 contracts, no hesitation. That's solid.

Arno did not join the order for revenge, it was for redemption, to protect the last person he loves. At the end, at least he showed that he truly understood the order and the Assassin's Creed instead of letting it all go down the drain like with Ezio. And his transformation into an Assassin was in a DLC, not a sequel.

Shay..., well, you know.

To be frank, Connor is the only protagonist to truly, selflessly, believe in the Brotherhood and their ideals from the get-go. The development he got was realizing the world for what it truly was.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Ezio, lots of revenge. Don't want.

Edward, yeah by the end of the game you can't say too much against him. But he was the center of the story, not the assassins/templars.

Arno, fine "redemption", but I still don't want that to be the center of the story. Waste of the revolution. DLC does not excuse lack of development in the game.

And again you have missed the point.

History + Assassins/Templars = what I want.

Throw in a good character so it plays well and has meaning. Do not make the character the primary focus at the expense of those 2 elements.

And for the love of God they could actually put some effort into the modern day!

Just speed read the King Richard I wiki.

You'll see what I'm talking about.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
And again you have missed the point.

History + Assassins/Templars = what I want.

I'm sorry, that is not my interest. Came to discuss the protagonist of your idea, which was why I originally did not comment on anything else. =p

A lot of others have expressed their opinions on the setting and stuff. Don't ignore them.

GunnerGalactico
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Altair originally joined because it was the only life he knew. He was a capable killer, but no Assassin until the end when he truly understood the Assassin's Creed and overcame his arrogance.

In AC2, Ezio supported the Brotherhood solely for revenge and at the VERY end after the Brotherhood ceremony with 1 contract left, he never full-filled his duty as an Assassin. He let Rodrigo Borgia live for himself, and only himself, disobeying the Order and the Creed. That's worse than Edward and Arno.

In ACB, Ezio was still not an Assassin. Not only did he allow Rodrigo to live, he RETIRED right after. Then the Borgias stormed in and Ezio traveled to Rome to finally full-filled his duty as an Assassin should and discovered that there was more to his work than himself.

In ACR, long story short, this is when Ezio finally develops as a character. It's in Revelations that Ezio started to doubt himself, his actions, and seek answers for his work. It's when he truly understood the Assassin's Creed, which he explained at the end.

Edward became an Assassin at the end, okay, but at least he was truly an Assassin. His conviction was all there in the white rooms. He truly believed in the order and carried out their wishes for the next 3-4 contracts, no hesitation. That's solid.

Arno did not join the order for revenge, it was for redemption, to protect the last person he loves. At the end, at least he showed that he truly understood the order and the Assassin's Creed instead of letting it all go down the drain like with Ezio. And his transformation into an Assassin was in a DLC, not a sequel.

Shay..., well, you know.

To be frank, Connor is the only protagonist to truly, selflessly, believe in the Brotherhood and their ideals from the get-go. The development he got was realizing the world for what it truly was.

*applause*

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 05:01 PM
*face palm*

I'm not ignoring you. I wouldn't want a bland character. But if you read my original post, you will see that I was talking about how this period of HISTORY sets a good stage for the CONFLICT.

Please just take a few minutes to read about Richard. You'll see what I mean. Lots of Templar references and backstabbing and whatnot.

I just don't want the same old motivation of murder for joining the assassins.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Never said you were ignoring me, you're giving me too much attention. Many others have thrown in their two cents regarding the setting, but you're only addressing me who's the least interested in it.

I don't want to hijack your thread, man.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Never said you were ignoring me, you're giving me too much attention. Many others have thrown in their two cents regarding the setting, but you're only addressing me who's the least interested in it.

I don't want to hijack your thread, man.

My bad. I misread and thought you said I was ignoring people commenting about character. And I'll have to read through again, but I know you weren't the only one talking about the character.

Anyway no worries.

He's almost exactly what I was picturing as far as appearance goes, and that adds even more potential for a good story.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Oops, my bad.

Hmm, interesting. Seems as though the Robin Hood claims were added later though...

Yes, but the legend behind Robin Hood was based around that guy. So he was a real person, that a fictional character was later based around. So :p i win :D

Megas_Doux
02-19-2015, 12:18 AM
I would KILL for that setting!

Two or three cities, a countryside during the middles ages with a war raging on......

A top of my favorite ones along with:

1 China.
2 Ancient Babylon/Sumer/Assyria.
3 The baron Wars.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 12:22 AM
I would KILL for that setting!

Two or three cities, a countryside during the middles ages with a war raging on......

A top of my favorite ones along with:

1 China.
2 Ancient Babylon/Sumer/Assyria.
3 The baron Wars.

Yes to all three please :D

Democrito_71
02-19-2015, 02:10 AM

If we are going to play as a Master archer/Assassin in a Robin Hood era one day, then Ubi really need to adapt this guys skills. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Imagine all the new gameplay features this type of archery could bring to a future AC-game :cool:

RADAR__4077
02-19-2015, 05:28 AM
[/B]

If we are going to play as a Master archer/Assassin in a Robin Hood era one day, then Ubi really need to adapt this guys skills. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Imagine all the new gameplay features this type of archery could bring to a future AC-game :cool:

I've seen that guy before. Unbelievable skills.

I think it would be cool to have multiple types of bows.
Short, lower power bows for close combat and rapid fire.
Longbows for long range and armor piercing power shots. Swords needed for close combat.
A sorta all purpose, in between option?

If they actually took the time to make this, I think it would be just as popular as black flag.

RADAR__4077
02-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Maybe they could add a skill like in skyrim that slows time when you aim with a bow?

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 05:38 AM
I've seen that guy before. Unbelievable skills.

I think it would be cool to have multiple types of bows.
Short, lower power bows for close combat and rapid fire.
Longbows for long range and armor piercing power shots. Swords needed for close combat.
A sorta all purpose, in between option?

If they actually took the time to make this, I think it would be just as popular as black flag.

All i have to say is, if they do make an AC Robin Hood game. They had better do it like this guy. Otherwise it'll be a failure.

TexasCaesar
02-19-2015, 10:12 PM

Edit: Another random thought. They could experiment with new ways to pickpocket and rob carriages, etc. Make it more interesting.

I do rather like the idea of a Robin Hood Assassin, but wouldn't it feel kind of redundant to have England as a setting again (after London in Victory)? Maybe if they made it be the whole country, with an emphasis on exploring forests and small villages.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 10:23 PM
I do rather like the idea of a Robin Hood Assassin, but wouldn't it feel kind of redundant to have England as a setting again (after London in Victory)? Maybe if they made it be the whole country, with an emphasis on exploring forests and small villages.

Hello, welcome to the forums. Since you're new, you probably don't know that Ubisoft likes to make sure they have an AC game released every year, so they are already developing one for 2016 and possibly 2017, so it's unlikely that we'll see this setting anytime soon.

TexasCaesar
02-19-2015, 10:35 PM
I'd hope, though that 2017, 2018, and even 2019 would have settings where there's something other than Englishmen. Asia (or the Slavic world) would be preferable.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 10:40 PM
I'd hope, though that 2017, 2018, and even 2019 would have settings where there's something other than Englishmen. Asia (or the Slavic world) would be preferable.

Would it matter? They'd all speak with an English accent. >.>

RADAR__4077
02-20-2015, 01:40 AM

It would be centuries earlier. And yes, I would like it to be mostly forest and small villages. Then there would be a castle city.

ze_topazio
02-20-2015, 01:46 AM
Unless you're talking about the likes of Vatican or San Marino an entire country is kind of impossible.

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Unless you're talking about the likes of Vatican or San Marino an entire country is kind of impossible.

IV had several entire countries in it... Cuba, Haiti, Bahamas, Jamaica. Oh, of course it wasn't explorable by land, but that's the point of next-gen. They could make a little, scaled-down version of England. Maybe it would feel like a step back since they're now capable of recreating cities on a 1:1 scale, but... just think of it as being like the AC3 Frontier.

RADAR__4077
02-21-2015, 07:04 AM
Idk if It's possible to do while keeping the graphics, but a skyrim style map would be cool.
Have a massive open world with small villages scattered around, and large cities which you have to enter through the front gate (and a loading screen).

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Idk if It's possible to do while keeping the graphics, but a skyrim style map would be cool.
Have a massive open world with small villages scattered around, and large cities which you have to enter through the front gate (and a loading screen).

That would be epic!!! Though unlikely...

RADAR__4077
02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
That would be epic!!! Though unlikely...

Sadly.

Maybe they can do it, but divide it into 2 or 3 sections. I think it's possible if they take a few years to do it right.

I know it's not likely, but it would be worth the wait.

Hans684
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Sadly.

Maybe they can do it, but divide it into 2 or 3 sections. I think it's possible if they take a few years to do it right.

I know it's not likely, but it would be worth the wait.

I sent a PM to KEV that he could contact you about your sig, it would be easier to pass the details that way. I haven't gotten an awnser but he has made sigs to others before, it should go smoothly from here.

A Templar always pays his depts.

RADAR__4077
02-21-2015, 04:35 PM
I sent a PM to KEV that he could contact you about your sig, it would be easier to pass the details that way. I haven't gotten an awnser but he has made sigs to others before, it should go smoothly from here.

A Templar always pays his depts.

Then you have proved your worth. You have my blade.

Also while you're here, you might as well share your opinion on the subject we are discussing. :D

Hans684
02-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Then you have proved your worth. You have my blade.

Also while you're here, you might as well share your opinion on the subject we are discussing. :D

I've simply held my part of our deal, slow but it's done.

Will do.

He's almost exactly what I was picturing as far as appearance goes, and that adds even more potential for a good story.

He has a far more conflicting and interesting story, it's not a clean cut like your idea. He valued the cause of the brotherhood more than his brotherhood, he "betrayed" them by being an independent Assassin doing what it takes. I'd do the same with both orders if it has a higher chance of giving better results, peace over ideology. He seems like that kind of guy.

RADAR__4077
02-21-2015, 05:01 PM
I've simply held my part of our deal, slow but it's done.

Will do.

He has a far more conflicting and interesting story, it's not a clean cut like your idea. He valued the cause of the brotherhood more than his brotherhood, he "betrayed" them by being an independent Assassin doing what it takes. I'd do the same with both orders if it has a higher chance of giving better results, peace over ideology. He seems like that kind of guy.

Yes, my original thought was very simple, but if you add Richard's story, it becomes much deeper.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_I_of_England

Point at a random spot in there and you have potential for a plot point in a AC game.

Lots of controversy, scheming, and templars. Though we know he is not a templar himself after meeting Altair.

I like the character you brought up because his story adds yet another layer, on the fictional side.

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 08:04 PM
They thing about Robin hood is that he's so steep in legend its hard to find where the true story ends and where the legend begins. I know there was a man who earned the nickname Robin Hood. However, I don't know if he was the leader of a band of "merry men". Ubisoft could easily run wild with this one.

warriorpoet23
02-22-2015, 01:18 AM
i think a robin hood-inspired ac game would be good, especially since no one knows who the real inspiration for robin hood was (robin/ robert hood was a common name and robin hood was a common nickname for outlaws). The way i think this could work is make the main character a noble (not called robin hood but the son of a crusader who was enlisted into the assassins but retired once he arrived back in england). I looked up the definition for the surname hood and found a definition meaning 'a prophet' in muslim (ie: mentor) and also one meaning 'a place where there was a hood-shaped hill or a natural shelter or overhang, providing protection from the elements' (could reference a temple... see the final paragraph)

Prince John discovers that your family is holding a relic (which your character doesn't know about, as he doesn't know his family are assassins). John attacks and kills, or wounds your family and takes the apple. He also destroys your families reputation and occupies your home, meaning your remaining family gets taken in by the peasants.

The game is about attempting to repair the reputation of your family and getting back your family home, while discovering about the apple and the assassin history of your family. You set up the english brotherhood (the merry men... who operate similar to the brotherhood from ac:b). You begin to attack prince johns allies and give his possessions to the peasants of the surrounding areas (maybe by upgrading shops, farms etc). Over time the peasants give you the alias robin hood (hood taken from the above definition and also the location of a temple).

Either Little John or Friar Tuck (again both being alias') could be an ex-templar whose joined the assassins.

Motivation for the character is both redemption for his family but also preventing prince john from taking over england (and eventually invading europe)

They could also make it so that your family are descendants of some arthurian character (lancelot?) and the relic was the holy grail (actually a piece of eden). At some point you search for a temple (which is actually the historical basis for camelot, based on the definition of 'A place or time of idealized beauty, peacefulness, and enlightenment'). I know that arthurian legends are even less factual than robin hood (but ac has always taken liberties with historical truth). You could include an appearance from Jupiter (who, in game, was the basis for merlin, which means falcon in french and hawk in welsh). Could also be that Jupiter didn't trust Juno so decided to recruit people into the brotherhood so that when Juno did try something they were there to try to stop her.

seems ac-like to me!

Democrito_71
02-22-2015, 02:55 AM
i think a robin hood-inspired ac game would be good, especially since no one knows who the real inspiration for robin hood was (robin/ robert hood was a common name and robin hood was a common nickname for outlaws). The way i think this could work is make the main character a noble (not called robin hood but the son of a crusader who was enlisted into the assassins but retired once he arrived back in england). I looked up the definition for the surname hood and found a definition meaning 'a prophet' in muslim (ie: mentor) and also one meaning 'a place where there was a hood-shaped hill or a natural shelter or overhang, providing protection from the elements' (could reference a temple... see the final paragraph)

Prince John discovers that your family is holding a relic (which your character doesn't know about, as he doesn't know his family are assassins). John attacks and kills, or wounds your family and takes the apple. He also destroys your families reputation and occupies your home, meaning your remaining family gets taken in by the peasants.

The game is about attempting to repair the reputation of your family and getting back your family home, while discovering about the apple and the assassin history of your family. You set up the english brotherhood (the merry men... who operate similar to the brotherhood from ac:b). You begin to attack prince johns allies and give his possessions to the peasants of the surrounding areas (maybe by upgrading shops, farms etc). Over time the peasants give you the alias robin hood (hood taken from the above definition and also the location of a temple).

Either Little John or Friar Tuck (again both being alias') could be an ex-templar whose joined the assassins.

Motivation for the character is both redemption for his family but also preventing prince john from taking over england (and eventually invading europe)

They could also make it so that your family are descendants of some arthurian character (lancelot?) and the relic was the holy grail (actually a piece of eden). At some point you search for a temple (which is actually the historical basis for camelot, based on the definition of 'A place or time of idealized beauty, peacefulness, and enlightenment'). I know that arthurian legends are even less factual than robin hood (but ac has always taken liberties with historical truth). You could include an appearance from Jupiter (who, in game, was the basis for merlin, which means falcon in french and hawk in welsh). Could also be that Jupiter didn't trust Juno so decided to recruit people into the brotherhood so that when Juno did try something they were there to try to stop her.

seems ac-like to me!

That's a really great idea for a future AC-game! By playing as a Master Archer Assassin whose alias is "Robin Hood" it would be the first time in the series we play as a historical figure though we still playing as a fictional character. As far as my knowledge of Robin Hood, he's more of a myth, a legend and a made up story. Nobody knows if he really existed. So ubi could create a fictional playable character who is the historical "Robin Hood" :cool: Can somebody tweet this guys ideas to a developer asap!

RADAR__4077
02-23-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants this setting.

The only thing I don't like about warrior's post is the old "my family got murdered, then I found out my dad was an assassin" bit.

I personally would like it more if he was raised an assassin, and was forced into the fight when his family is discovered by the templars.

Maybe it's just me, but 3 characters joining the assassins after templars kill their families is enough for a while.

Democrito_71
02-23-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants this setting.

The only thing I don't like about warrior's post is the old "my family got murdered, then I found out my dad was an assassin" bit.

I personally would like it more if he was raised an assassin, and was forced into the fight when his family is discovered by the templars.

Maybe it's just me, but 3 characters joining the assassins after templars kill their families is enough for a while.

I agree with you about "Family gets killed, now I'm going to avenge them" part. It smells too much of Ezio and Connor. Here's my idea of a story premise which could work for a Robin Hood game:

It would be interesting to play as a guy who lives in a peasant family at a farm, who were raised and trained from young age by his older cousin who is an Assassin. Then in the mid twenties, the main character is forced to fight when his Cousin gets discovered by the Templars (Prince John), the Templars destroys the Main characters family farm and the main character, his older Cousin and his family has to flee into the woods.

Since the Templars led by Prince John has destroyed most of the English Assassins, the Cousin decides to reestablish a new brotherhood (The Merry men) with the Main Character and together they decides to rob the Templars of their gold and give the gold too the poor too weaken the Templars economically so the Cousin and the main Character can stop Prince John from taking over England and to stop him from invading Europe.

Over time of the story, the peasants will give the Cousin the nickname of Robin Hood and eventually becomes the Legendary Robin Hood who was secretly a Mentor of a new version of the Assassin Brotherhood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Men

What do you think of this?

DemonLord4lf
02-23-2015, 10:15 PM
I agree with you about "Family gets killed, now I'm going to avenge them" part. It smells too much of Ezio and Connor. Here's my idea of a story premise which could work for a Robin Hood game:

It would be interesting to play as a guy who lives in a peasant family at a farm, who were raised and trained from young age by his older cousin who is an Assassin. Then in the mid twenties, the main character is forced to fight when his Cousin gets discovered by the Templars (Prince John), the Templars destroys the Main characters family farm and the main character, his older Cousin and his family has to flee into the woods.

Since the Templars led by Prince John has destroyed most of the English Assassins, the Cousin decides to reestablish a new brotherhood (The Merry men) with the Main Character and together they decides to rob the Templars of their gold and give the gold too the poor too weaken the Templars economically so the Cousin and the main Character can stop Prince John from taking over England and to stop him from invading Europe.

Over time of the story, the peasants will give the Cousin the nickname of Robin Hood and eventually becomes the Legendary Robin Hood who was secretly a Mentor of a new version of the Assassin Brotherhood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Men

What do you think of this?

I like it! I dont see it ever happening, but i like it.

Reason why i dont it happening is that Ubisoft has really dropped the ball on story telling lately... If they can prove to me they can do it right with AC Victory then i'll change my mind.

Democrito_71
02-23-2015, 11:48 PM
I like it! I dont see it ever happening, but i like it.

Reason why i dont it happening is that Ubisoft has really dropped the ball on story telling lately... If they can prove to me they can do it right with AC Victory then i'll change my mind.

I hope Ubi will invest much more to write unique, high quality stories without using old cliches for future AC-games. Let's hope they improve the story telling in Victory.

And thank you for liking my story premise idea:D

DemonLord4lf
02-23-2015, 11:50 PM
I hope Ubi will invest much more to write unique, high quality stories without using old cliches for future AC-games. Let's hope they improve the story telling in Victory.

And thank you for liking my story premise idea:D

Why wouldn't I? It was a well thought out story plot. One with tons of potential to grow and expand upon. I truly hope Ubisoft gives us a better game in AC Victory or I'll loose all faith in Ubisoft.

RADAR__4077
02-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Let's hope they actually start taking pride in their work again and make this a reality.

I would like to get excited about a AC game again.

DemonLord4lf
02-24-2015, 04:22 AM
Let's hope they actually start taking pride in their work again and make this a reality.

I would like to get excited about a AC game again.

You and me both...

RADAR__4077
02-24-2015, 04:10 PM
How about we talk gameplay features?
I will start by saying I actually want a challenge, not running around cutting down dozens of enemies with little effort.

I would like 2 modes for the bow.
A quick shot that can be used on the run and at close range. It is not as powerful and is almost completely ineffective against armor.
Then a power shot. This is slower on the draw, but much more powerful. It would be free aim, if you get good enough, you can do extremely long range shots. It would be able to pierce most armor at close/medium range. Eagle vision could be used briefly to zoom in and predict the exact path of the arrow.

Fatal-Feit
02-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Haha. The old I-got-an-idea-and-feel-it's-the-best-thing-since-sliced-bread garb. You're disappointed with the previous entries, I get that. It's one thing to be passionate and criticize another person's work, but it's another to question the effort he/she put into it. You're a fan who plays these games for entertaining, not the one who's job relies on creating them. I'm sorry but you only thought of a setting and a premise, you've barely done anything but exchange thoughts and opinions.

I'm not disregarding your ideas, I think they have potential. But man, don't be condescending about it.

RADAR__4077
02-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Let me clarify. I want the bigwigs to stop forcing unrealistic deadlines on the developers so they can take more time to make quality products. There was a time when games were delayed months or years for the sake of quality.

Anyway, back on subject...

Democrito_71
02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
How about we talk gameplay features?
I will start by saying I actually want a challenge, not running around cutting down dozens of enemies with little effort.

I would like 2 modes for the bow.
A quick shot that can be used on the run and at close range. It is not as powerful and is almost completely ineffective against armor.
Then a power shot. This is slower on the draw, but much more powerful. It would be free aim, if you get good enough, you can do extremely long range shots. It would be able to pierce most armor at close/medium range. Eagle vision could be used briefly to zoom in and predict the exact path of the arrow.

As my previous posts on this thread, I think we could come up with a lot of different idéas from this video which is about bow and arrow mechanics:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Here's my suggestions for gameplay idéas:

* I want to tag up to 6 enemies like we could do in SplinterCell Blacklist and shoot all of them with the bow and arrow in less than 2 seconds

* Shooting arrows at several enemies while being in midair

* Shoot fire arrows to set things like grass, bushes, trees, haystacks, enemies and buildings(both external and internal) on fire to distract and to panic the enemies

* Slow down time when aiming your bow

* Shoot arrows while horse riding and riding horse carriages

* Fight in close combat with the bow and arrow

* Hide in bushes, climbing trees and cliff climbing like in AC3 and 4

* Crawl under objects like in Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes

* Crawl and hide in high grass, mud and such

* A camouflage system like in Metal Gear Solid 3

* Play dead to trick enemies

* Break-in to castles, mansions, homes etc without getting detected, steal valuables and gold (like in the Theif games) from nobles and Templars

* Rob Carriages by using stealth and tactics(both in single player campaign and in coop with others)

* Hijack horses and carriages

* Sell stolen horses to local stables

* Rob nobles and Templars by aiming your bow at them(like in Red Dead Redemption when you could aim a gun at them and rob them immediately for a few golds)

* Build up your own camps with the Merry men anywhere you want in the open world. The Camps can be destroyed by Prince Johns templars if your not there for a while and haven't invested enough for it's defence. Those camps also serves as fast travel locations

* Recruit outlaws and thieves to join the Merry men

* Bribe a lot of money to guards too make them leave their posts

* Bribe less amount of money to peasants to make them harras the guards so they leave their posts(the down side is the peasants might get hit or killed by the guards for annoying them)

* Toss stones like in Far Cry 3 and 4 to distract guards

* Knock on a wall while hiding behind cover to lure the guards to come to you(like in AC3, 4 and Rogue except you whistled instead of knocking)

* fully fleshed out horse riding and horse carriages mechanic

What ideas do you guys have and what do you think of my suggestions?

RADAR__4077
02-25-2015, 01:04 AM
I like all of it. Just have a few comments.

Tag and shoot, midair multi kill, slow time should all be limited in some way (linked to eagle vision?) to avoid being overpowered.

Like the flaming arrows idea a lot.

I've been thinking the economy system could be redone.
Keeping with the "steal from the rich to give to the poor" theme, eliminate the personal wallet.
When you steal money, you choose which of the villagers you have met to give it to.
You give money to the carpenter, he can make better bows for you. The tailor, better armor and more appearance options. The blacksmith, better swords. A farmer, increases goodwill with the villagers, more people come to your aid, are less likely to be intimidated by guards who are searching for you. Etc.

cawatrooper9
02-25-2015, 08:30 AM
I was always afraid that a Medieval game would be too much like AC1... but I think this sort of "Highwayman" game could be pretty reminiscent of Black Flag (my favorite in the series) as well, and that's certainly a plus. Robing from the rick could be overhauled into a major gameplay mechanic, if done properly.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 05:17 PM
I was always afraid that a Medieval game would be too much like AC1...

Is it a bad thing because you think it won't feel fresh and diverse, or you're not a fan of AC1's setting?

cawatrooper9
02-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Is it a bad thing because you think it won't feel fresh and diverse, or you're not a fan of AC1's setting?

I liked AC1's setting, and I realize that Medieval Europe is an entirely different setting than the Holy Land during the Third Crusade. I guess I just wanted an entirely new time period, like the Classical Era. Still, I was really tantalized by the Medieval Paris sections of Unity, so I guess I don't feel as strongly against this time period as I did a year ago.

edit: Also, one of the things that I like about AC games is that they sometimes go to more obscure eras in history that other games simply wouldn't even dare. I feel like the Middle Ages are done a lot in games, kind of like how Ubi feels that Japan is a bit overdone. Not that either setting is bad, just that we can go to them without AC's help.

RADAR__4077
02-25-2015, 06:33 PM
I liked AC1's setting, and I realize that Medieval Europe is an entirely different setting than the Holy Land during the Third Crusade. I guess I just wanted an entirely new time period, like the Classical Era. Still, I was really tantalized by the Medieval Paris sections of Unity, so I guess I don't feel as strongly against this time period as I did a year ago.

edit: Also, one of the things that I like about AC games is that they sometimes go to more obscure eras in history that other games simply wouldn't even dare. I feel like the Middle Ages are done a lot in games, kind of like how Ubi feels that Japan is a bit overdone. Not that either setting is bad, just that we can go to them without AC's help.

The reason I suggested this particular setting is because history and folklore about this time presents a great opportunity for the assassin/Templar story. Also it stops the trend of adding more enemies with guns every game.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2015, 06:38 PM

It's okay to have settings you don't approve of, I was just curious. It's true, many games in the past have tackled the medieval era and Japan is not exactly new territory. What other obscure eras and setting in history would you prefer AC to explore?

Democrito_71
02-25-2015, 06:40 PM
I've been thinking the economy system could be redone.
Keeping with the "steal from the rich to give to the poor" theme, eliminate the personal wallet.
When you steal money, you choose which of the villagers you have met to give it to.
You give money to the carpenter, he can make better bows for you. The tailor, better armor and more appearance options. The blacksmith, better swords. A farmer, increases goodwill with the villagers, more people come to your aid, are less likely to be intimidated by guards who are searching for you. Etc.

One thing that annoyed me with the previous economy system in the old games, it was that we could become millionaires within hours. For example, in AC2 you needed to upgrade Monteriggionis shops to earn complete 20 000F for every 20min with no effort.
Brotherhood and Revelations you upgraded shops in Rome and Istanbul and earned tons of money in a few hours. AC3 the economy system was quite confusing in my opinion due to the crafting and trading system was a mess. Black Flag however, it made sense to earn tons of Reales since Edward was a pirate who wanted a better life (as in getting rich) so the economy system in Black Flag was perfect but still too easy to earn tons of money even though I felt such a satisfaction earning 300 000 Reales from boarding ships and selling goods! Unity however it was the same mediocre mechanic like in Brotherhood and revelations. You bought some cafés, upgraded the Café Theatre and picked up tons of money for every 20min. No effort to earn that money at all and you could get rich within ours. Me myself have earned over 200 000 Livres within 8 hours by upgrading the cafés and do the café missions. No effort at all.

So how could an economy system work in an Assassins Creed/Robin Hood game without getting rich? Robin Hood gave away a lot of gold to the poor so earning a lot of money by stealing, robberies and such wouldn’t suit the Robin Hood style at all. So the solution I think could work, would be if 95% of the gold’s and valuables the players earns from stealing’s and robberies, would to be automatically be placed in a separate chest called “the profit chest” within the main Merry men camp and the rest of the 5% will be given to you directly. When the players go to the “profit chest”, they can decide to whom of the poor to give the money to.

For example as you mentioned;

• Giving the money to the carpenters, they can sell and upgrade better bows, craft new different types of arrows like fire arrows, rope arrows (like the rope arrow in Thief) to you

• Give money to the tailors and they will sell new fabric types to your outfits and new outfit schematics with tons of new appearances to you

• Give money to blacksmiths and they will sell new armor for the outfit parts and upgrade better defenses around the Merry men camps, give the money the blacksmith and they will sell and upgrade better weapons (swords, axes etc.) and arm the Merry men with better weapons as well, give money

• Give money to the stablemen and they will sell better and faster horses

• Giving money to farmers they will roundup the peasants so they will not be afraid to attack the guards if they are looking or even hunting for you

I was always afraid that a Medieval game would be too much like AC1... but I think this sort of "Highwayman" game could be pretty reminiscent of Black Flag (my favorite in the series) as well, and that's certainly a plus. Robing from the rick could be overhauled into a major gameplay mechanic, if done properly.

The main reason why Black Flag is my personal favorite AC-game, it’s because Black Flag is so wildly different from the previous games cause the game feels so fresh due to the ship free roaming in the open seas and it’s pirate theme. I thought it would be a boring experience due to AC3 (In my humble opinion) but when I played it last January 2014 on the PS4, I was blown away by it’s setting, it’s relaxed way to tell it’s story and it’s main character. I was surprised the game was so good and when they announced it 2 years ago, I thought it was Aprils fools day. I even had to check the calendar to prove myself wrong. I was really surprised by Ubisofts choice to do a AC-game with Pirates. Now with the Victorian Setting coming this year and apparently the Japanese setting in 2016, it feels they are taking the safe cards when they choose the settings just because those two are the most popular future settings for the franchise.I want to get surprised by a complete unoriginal setting as I was by Black Flag and I personally think a Robin Hood setting would be a huge success for the franchise(IMO).

Democrito_71
02-25-2015, 06:56 PM
I like all of it. Just have a few comments.

Tag and shoot, midair multi kill, slow time should all be limited in some way (linked to eagle vision?) to avoid being overpowered.

Agree, the bow can't be to overpowered nor to underpowered either. It must be something between so we can enjoy using the bow
(unlike Connors bow that alerted every single guard in the area, best silent weapon ever in AC :p)

There should be 3 separate timers(not connected to eagle vision) for each of those skills.

For the tag and shoot mechanic, i think it would start that you can tag up to 2 enemies at ones. Then you have to upgrade your bow skills so you can tag up 6 enemies and shoot them in less than 2 seconds. When you have used the tag and shoot mechanic, timer should be around 10-15min so you use this mechanic only if necessary.

For the midair multi kill, it should start that you can shoot one enemy at a time. Then you can upgrade this skill so you can shoot up to 3 enemies at ones.
The timer for this should be around 1-2min

Slow down mechanic should slow down the time like in Skyrim but for 10seconds only. the timer to reload this ability should be around 25seconds.
In coop this ability have to be turned off.

What other sorts of mechanics could work for this setting? :cool:

RADAR__4077
02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
@D517
I was thinking of getting rid of personal funds completely. Instead have a basecamp you have to reach undetected with the stolen goods for storage. If you get caught, you loose everything you carry. If they track you to the camp, it is possible to loose EVERYTHING if you can't drive them out, and you must relocate.

From the basecamp you can distribute the goods to various villagers as said before.

There would then be an improved version of the crafting system.

Money would be used to gain loyalty from the town (I would like several villages and a few larger cities on the map) and by the craftsmen to purchase new tools.

Then you have different materials. The craftsmen tell you what they are capable of making with their current tools, you deliver the required goods (ranging from a plank of wood carried by hand, to a wagon load of stone and logs), then you wait anywhere from 10 minutes (a quiver full of arrows) to 2 days (improved defenses and storage for your camp) real time to receive the finished product.

RADAR__4077
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Agree, the bow can't be to overpowered nor to underpowered either. It must be something between so we can enjoy using the bow
(unlike Connors bow that alerted every single guard in the area, best silent weapon ever in AC :p)

There should be 3 separate timers(not connected to eagle vision) for each of those skills.

For the tag and shoot mechanic, i think it would start that you can tag up to 2 enemies at ones. Then you have to upgrade your bow skills so you can tag up 6 enemies and shoot them in less than 2 seconds. When you have used the tag and shoot mechanic, timer should be around 10-15min so you use this mechanic only if necessary.

For the midair multi kill, it should start that you can shoot one enemy at a time. Then you can upgrade this skill so you can shoot up to 3 enemies at ones.
The timer for this should be around 1-2min

Slow down mechanic should slow down the time like in Skyrim but for 10seconds only. the timer to reload this ability should be around 25seconds.
In coop this ability have to be turned off.

What other sorts of mechanics could work for this setting? :cool:

I think that would be a fair balance.

Another random idea. If you get caught point blank with your bow out, a perfectly timed dodge and counter allows you to stab your attacker in the neck with the arrow in your hand and immediately draw your sword(s). This can only be done once per conflict.

Democrito_71
02-26-2015, 08:15 PM
@D517
I was thinking of getting rid of personal funds completely. Instead have a basecamp you have to reach undetected with the stolen goods for storage. If you get caught, you loose everything you carry. If they track you to the camp, it is possible to loose EVERYTHING if you can't drive them out, and you must relocate.

From the basecamp you can distribute the goods to various villagers as said before.

There would then be an improved version of the crafting system.

Money would be used to gain loyalty from the town (I would like several villages and a few larger cities on the map) and by the craftsmen to purchase new tools.

Then you have different materials. The craftsmen tell you what they are capable of making with their current tools, you deliver the required goods (ranging from a plank of wood carried by hand, to a wagon load of stone and logs), then you wait anywhere from 10 minutes (a quiver full of arrows) to 2 days (improved defenses and storage for your camp) real time to receive the finished product.

I think it would annoy most players if they loose the stolen goods every time they get detected by enemies on the way to the camp. I think it's more fair if the player either gets killed or if the enemies has followed you to the camp, then there is a risk you can loose all the unused stolen goods and then you have to relocate the camps that have been detected by enemies.

If you get detected by enemies with the stolen goods on the way to the camps, then you have to eliminate them all.

I think that would be a fair balance.

Another random idea. If you get caught point blank with your bow out, a perfectly timed dodge and counter allows you to stab your attacker in the neck with the arrow in your hand and immediately draw your sword(s). This can only be done once per conflict.

Well thought idea! This is a really cool way to kill enemies.
We could also stabs the enemy in the neck as you said and then shoot the same arrow at another enemy and then immediately draw the sword :cool:

RADAR__4077
02-26-2015, 09:51 PM
I was thinking you lose what you carry if you physically get caught (tackled), not just getting detected. The guard who takes your stuff then runs away while the rest attack. It is still possible to resteal the goods by looting the guard's body.

If you are being chased, the main entrance to camp is blocked like in AC 1. If the guards see you enter an alternate way, the send for help and raid the camp.

Democrito_71
02-26-2015, 10:42 PM
I was thinking you lose what you carry if you physically get caught (tackled), not just getting detected. The guard who takes your stuff then runs away while the rest attack. It is still possible to resteal the goods by looting the guard's body.

If you are being chased, the main entrance to camp is blocked like in AC 1. If the guards see you enter an alternate way, the send for help and raid the camp.

Ah thats a combination of those enemies with the daggers in AC2 who tackled you when you try to escape the guards and the drummers who ran to get help in AC3. Thats a great idea!

I think it should be a full out combat if the enemy gets to the camps since there's no walls around those sorts of camps. As I recall there were no main gate to those sorts of camps, just a lot of tents and such. So if the enemies gets to close to your camps they will attack and the Merry men have to defend their camps. If you don't take out the enemies quickly, then several Merry men will get killed like the crew in Black Flag so that's why you should try to recruit outlaws and thieves to the Merry men

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 03:07 AM
For the camps, I was picturing caves, and cliff side paths for entrances. For the camps with open access, I would like to be able to upgrade with wooden walls and treestands for lookouts.

Democrito_71
02-27-2015, 03:44 PM
For the camps, I was picturing caves, and cliff side paths for entrances. For the camps with open access, I would like to be able to upgrade with wooden walls and treestands for lookouts.

Great ideas you have, having caves and cliff paths as camps would be great! I really like the idea of upgrading tree-stands for lookouts. Can be useful when attacking the enemies when they are assaulting the camps.

How would the Main characters outfit look like? In my mind since there's plenty of wilderness in this setting, I think the fabrics should have a combination of dark green, brown, the hood could be made of leather as well as having a cape as the default color/outfit setting for his outfit so he can blend into the wilderness realistically.

As we can see in the archery clip I posted earlier at 4:52, the best place to have a quiver is on the right hip. When the Main character have equipped the bow, he should pick up 6 arrows and hold all the 6 arrows in the draw hand. While running with the bow equipped, he should hold the 6 arrows in the draw hand as well. He should also be able to shoot enemies while running like in Unity when you can shoot your pistol while running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk&app=desktop

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140822012414/assassinscreed/images/e/e1/Willikin.png

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140823013731/assassinscreed/images/thumb/7/79/William_of_Cassingham.png/656px-William_of_Cassingham.png

William of Cassingham from Assassins Creed: Memories, an iOS app store game
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Memories

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Great ideas you have, having caves and cliff paths as camps would be great! I really like the idea of upgrading tree-stands for lookouts. Can be useful when attacking the enemies when they are assaulting the camps.

How would the Main characters outfit look like? In my mind since there's plenty of wilderness in this setting, I think the fabrics should have a combination of dark green, brown, the hood could be made of leather as well as having a cape as the default color/outfit setting for his outfit so he can blend into the wilderness realistically.

As we can see in the archery clip I posted earlier at 4:52, the best place to have a quiver is on the right hip. When the Main character have equipped the bow, he should pick up 6 arrows and hold all the 6 arrows in the draw hand. While running with the bow equipped, he should hold the 6 arrows in the draw hand as well. He should also be able to shoot enemies while running like in Unity when you can shoot your pistol while running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk&app=desktop

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140822012414/assassinscreed/images/e/e1/Willikin.png

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140823013731/assassinscreed/images/thumb/7/79/William_of_Cassingham.png/656px-William_of_Cassingham.png

William of Cassingham from Assassins Creed: Memories, an iOS app store game
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Memories

Someone else posted the link to that assassin earlier in the thread, and I agree the appearance and possibly the story should be used.

As for the YouTube archer, while his skill is incredible, I have always been skeptical about some of his claims.

Then I saw this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbqz_07dW4&spfreload=10

Democrito_71
02-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Someone else posted the link to that assassin earlier in the thread, and I agree the appearance and possibly the story should be used.

As for the YouTube archer, while his skill is incredible, I have always been skeptical about some of his claims.

Then I saw this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbqz_07dW4&spfreload=10

Yeah I knew some of the facts were wrong in that vid though I have to admit, his skills are undeniably fantastic and adding his techniques to an AC-Game/Robin Hood setting would feel fresh, different and unique imo :cool:

I wish I were good at drawing concept arts of outfits :( Is there somebody here who would be interested in drawing concept arts of an outfit for this time period based on William of Cassinghams outfit? :)

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Yeah I knew some of the facts were wrong in that vid though I have to admit, his skills are undeniably fantastic and adding his techniques to an AC-Game/Robin Hood setting would feel fresh, different and unique imo :cool:

I wish I were good at drawing concept arts of outfits :( Is there somebody here who would be interested in drawing concept arts of an outfit for this time period based on William of Cassinghams outfit? :)

I believe I said somewhere in this thread that I would like different kinds of bows.

Classic longbows that are very powerful, long range, and capable of piercing most armor at close/medium range, but slow firing.

Shorter bows that allow more rapid fire and are better suited for close range combat. Shorter range, and weaker against armor.

Then 1 or 2 classes in between.

I wish I could draw too. I have lots of ideas, but no way to get them out of my head :p

RADAR__4077
03-01-2015, 03:19 AM
I really don't understand why this thread isn't more popular.

If you take the time to read through all of the ideas, I think it has the potential for an excellent installment in the series.

Maybe I just have different opinions from the majority of the forumers, but I think this game would be a hit if made well.

Mods, please share this with the developers for consideration :)

Democrito_71
03-01-2015, 02:17 PM

If you take the time to read through all of the ideas, I think it has the potential for an excellent installment in the series.

Maybe I just have different opinions from the majority of the forumers, but I think this game would be a hit if made well.

Since the thread has 2,294 views so far, I think plenty of lurkers in the forum do like this setting idea even though the other forum members aren't as intrigued as we are.
Personally I see the potential with this setting and I think this setting would be a big hit for the franchise IMO so escoblades & mr.Shade, please share our ideas with the developers :cool:

Democrito_71
03-01-2015, 06:21 PM
So, I just sent a message to EscoBlades and Mr_Shade about your thread and our ideas. Let's hope they share it with the developers :)

RADAR__4077
03-01-2015, 07:33 PM
So, I just sent a message to EscoBlades and Mr_Shade about your thread and our ideas. Let's hope they share it with the developers :)

Sounds good :)

Ubisoft, if you do use this idea, please give your developers enough time to properly polish it and write a history based story.

RADAR__4077
03-03-2015, 04:48 AM
I've been thinking about what unique toys to throw in this character's bag of tricks.

Flaming arrows have already been suggested.
Flaming arrows could be used to light haystacks, tents, etc on fire to distract and panic guards and citizens.

Rope arrows.
Could be used for reaching high places and bridging wide gaps.

Wooden planks/iron rods.
Used to stop/slow carriages by throwing them in the spokes of the wheels.

Weights tethered by rope.
Thrown at legs as a nonlethal takedown. (For robberies)

Just some random ideas. Feel free to contribute.

I have accepted the fact that this idea isn't popular with most forum members.
At this point I'm just having fun being creative.
Can't say I'm not making positive conversation :p

RADAR__4077
03-03-2015, 05:08 AM
http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/r/robinhood-04.jpg

Imagine doing a raid like this AC style :cool:

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2015, 05:14 AM
^ I imagine the heist missions to be quite innovative.

RADAR__4077
03-03-2015, 04:29 PM
^ I imagine the heist missions to be quite innovative.

I think I have pretty much covered the main points I was most concerned about.

You have my permission to turn the attention to the character's personal story :D

As I have said before, I don't want another murder as motivation for joining the assassins.

I do like the idea suggested before that he be trained from a young age by his assassin relative, who later leads the brotherhood in England (merry men) and becomes the legendary Robin Hood.

Also, yes. Ubisoft would be able to go nuts with heist missions :)

Megas_Doux
03-03-2015, 05:20 PM

Ehhhh, this thread has 9 pages and in fact you are lucky it has not been merged with the ": Future Assassin's Creed games Location & Setting Discussion". Dont complain haha.