PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Time Of Renewal (ToR)

Reibelo
02-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Are the "original" cards from BS1 that are going to be released in ToR going to be updated in the collection of players who already own them from BS1 or are there going to be two versions of the same card? I believe the first option is preferable, because having, for example, two Celestials with different stats and descriptions would suck and you would be able to virtually play 8 in an open game, which wouldn't make any sense.

This is my main concern regarding the following Set. I asked about this in another thread and it kind of got lost in the comments, but I believe it is important that it is answered, and I do think we need a thread regarding this upcoming expansion's questions for all players to take part on.

Please feed this with your own questions and opinions for an easier consult.

Disgallion
02-18-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't remember where, but I read that they will be update.

Elindar1
02-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Chinese version (which looks very similar to what we will get) merged the stats. Former open version of the cards now are the same as those from ToR set.

fmarin87
02-19-2015, 04:03 AM
Just to know... so, when I buy ToR packs, I'll get the exact same cards that I already had from previous sets, with a small chance of getting some of the 24 new cards?
Is this like developers are encouraging (some of) us to buy cards we don't want or need, by adding a pinch of new cards?

I mean, it's good the game is still alive and stuff, but this will be something similar to buying packs from old sets that I don't want to keep buying, because I have enough cards from them, in order to get the new cards, IFF i'm lucky.

Am I wrong? please say yes, meaning it.

Stoneofhelp
02-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Sounds a lot like the BS2 set implementation. Same card as the open version so you can still only have 4 in your deck, just has a different set symbol. But ya, that is gonna suck grinding for a possible 24 new cards :/

dale533
02-23-2015, 09:16 PM
I find it a bit annoyting to have the same card occuring in two different series. There are achievements based on having X cards of type Y from series Z, which ends up meaning that we need to have both sorts of cards and have to be extra careful not to burn the wrong thing in the pit.

Xocturne
03-01-2015, 09:55 AM
https://www.duelofchampions.com/en/news/setandnbspannouncement-time-of-renewal

malkorion
03-01-2015, 12:07 PM
You don't have to rebuy cards that you already own.

fmarin87
03-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Hi! Would you elaborate that, please? I don't understand how am I supposed to get the 24 new cards from booster packs, without recieving the cards that I already own from previous sets.

(I assume the old cards that I own will be refreshed and modified to be the same as the new ones)

Xocturne
03-01-2015, 06:28 PM

You mean to say that my Base Set 1 - 5 Tower cards currently in my inventory will be updated, along with them being re-released in the new ToR packs? o:

twardy_
03-01-2015, 06:36 PM
yes, wasnt that obvious after bs2 release?

Disgallion
03-01-2015, 06:38 PM
You mean to say that my Base Set 1 - 5 Tower cards currently in my inventory will be updated, along with them being re-released in the new ToR packs? o:

Yes, they will be updated, not again edited in ToR version.
there's only 24 ToR cards, the pack will contain them and the 146 updated in their original format.

sbadude1
03-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Wonderful, all of my open decks will essentially be standard decks (sarcasm). You know... there is a reason to have a difference between standard and open. Thanks for ruining my open decks!! Not all of us want to play standard.

fmarin87
03-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Wonderful, all of my open decks will essentially be standard decks (sarcasm). You know... there is a reason to have a difference between standard and open. Thanks for ruining my open decks!! Not all of us want to play standard.

You can still use those cards in open. The only difference is that some cards are modified, but that is for every player in open, so your deck wont be in disadvantage.

Reibelo
03-04-2015, 05:02 PM
I really don't get what you're saying sbadude1. For what it's worth, as a player who briefly experienced DoC before BS2 became a thing, it's good to see some classics regain protagonism and playability to every player after being properly balanced.

BB_Momi
03-04-2015, 07:00 PM
The answers to these questions will become clear soon enough I think :)

fmarin87
03-05-2015, 09:33 AM
The answers to these questions will become clear soon enough I think :)

yay

BB00QQ
04-20-2015, 02:00 PM
quick question, since it is connected to the title of the topic in a way and I didnt want to flood with a new topic. When can one purchase the new boosters with gold ? is there a usual period after each release or how does it work?

Thanks in advance

sunshine73
05-02-2015, 04:58 PM
this expansion is pure money making :-(

SkyNoir
05-04-2015, 07:53 PM
so when can we buy ToR with gold? :/ ive been waiting 2 weeks allready...

oh and i havent faced any players with those new ToR cards lol

Onoshin
05-11-2015, 05:17 PM
so when can we buy ToR with gold? :/ ive been waiting 2 weeks allready...

oh and i havent faced any players with those new ToR cards lol

The ToR with gold????

When???

dale533
05-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Are there going to be any new achievements that are specific to ToR, i.e. duel or collection type?