PDA

View Full Version : Does co-op work for anyone on PC?

pogojoe73
02-17-2015, 04:10 AM
This is my ONLY complaint about Unity.. I have been playing for 2 months and yet to play multi player. Does it work? I just spent 10 minutes waiting for someone to join my request to do 'Royals guns and money'

I play every night and I'm on East coast in USA.. Pls add me: pogojoe73 or join my Guild [COMX]

I went from wanting to get a clan banner to just wanting to see SOME ONE.

THNX

jeffies04
02-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Yes, it totally works. I have to set my PC's IP address up in DMZ mode in my router's settings while I play, though. Even with all of the port triggering/forwarding/pnp set, it still needs DMZ (direct uninhibited access). If I don't it can take 1-3 minutes to find a connection. I have to remember to take it out of DMZ after I play otherwise my PC is wide open to the internet.

From talking with others it completely depends on the person's router and internet.

x_Candlejack_x
02-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Random Co-op works, but you can't invite your friend to play with you or you can, but you can't accept the invitation.

strigoi1958
02-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Random Co-op works, but you can't invite your friend to play with you or you can, but you can't accept the invitation.

If you are using sweetfx it causes problems with accepting co-op

YazX_
02-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Thats because you havent forwarded the necessary ports, so people are unable to connect to you, follow this FAQ:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/4043/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000eibzCAA

x_Candlejack_x
02-19-2015, 04:13 AM
I have absolytly no idea how to do those things. I'm not good with computers. I know how to install a game and the basic stuff, but I have never had to do any of that firewall stuff. I don't even know where or how to put those ports in.

YazX_
02-19-2015, 10:00 AM
I have absolytly no idea how to do those things. I'm not good with computers. I know how to install a game and the basic stuff, but I have never had to do any of that firewall stuff. I don't even know where or how to put those ports in.

Well this game MP and all other AC games are based on P2P connections, meaning that you have to connect directly to others PCs, so you need to forward ports and allow traffic in your router, otherwise your router will keep rejecting the incoming connections, its fairly easy to do that, you can tell me whats the model and type of your router and we will go from there.

x_Candlejack_x
02-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Cisco EPC3825. I have avast free version and also ZoneAlarm free firewall. Windows firewall is not in use.

x_Candlejack_x
02-19-2015, 02:15 PM

I am, but even that I'm not good with computers, it doesn't make sence how graphic enchantment program can mess with the connection. It doesn't even use net. It is totally seperate program. Thing is, that co-op with friends worked like 2-3 weeks ago and stopped working slightly after when Initials went down. It's the Initials and co-op with friends that doesn't work. Random co-op works so I'm abit confuced.

strigoi1958
02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
I am, but even that I'm not good with computers, it doesn't make sence how graphic enchantment program can mess with the connection. It doesn't even use net. It is totally seperate program. Thing is, that co-op with friends worked like 2-3 weeks ago and stopped working slightly after when Initials went down. It's the Initials and co-op with friends that doesn't work. Random co-op works so I'm abit confuced.

It may not make sense but several members of my club have had your problem and they all had sweetfx... they removed sweetfx and the co-op worked perfectly. I'm not sure why it conflicts with the uplay overlay or why it worked before and then caused problems... I just know it did. :confused:

Remove sweetfx and see if it solves your problem as it did for them..... if that does not fix it (but it probably will) you can always re-install it in a few minutes :D

x_Candlejack_x
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't know what the f**k is going on but now my game won't even start. It freezes on Ubisoft logo and it worked yesterday. I haven't change anything in the game or in firewall option or anywhere. It just keeps freezing and not responding. I'm so f**king mad and frustrated to this BS right now. :mad:

strigoi1958
02-19-2015, 06:40 PM
did you uninstall sweetfx ? and have you verified your files

x_Candlejack_x
02-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Yes and yes. It's working for now. It's propably the sweetFX, but I really like to improve the graphics. Can I install it back? and how come the game has been working with SweetFx since day one and suddenly just causes problems?

strigoi1958
02-19-2015, 07:45 PM
I have no idea ... it ran for a while but has caused many problems after a while...

pogojoe73
02-22-2015, 12:08 AM

I'm not running sweetFX even though I heard it was good to use with Watchdogs.. the other day I used the voice option to talk to someone thru Uplay but he joined my Guild and tried to send me an invite I clicked accept and nothing happened(failed) I sent it to him and same thing happened.. I'll look into the DNS/firewall thing later tonight.. I'm dying to play co-op with people ever since I've seen videos of people doing it.. looks cool. Don't know if you can have voice chat like GTAV but I'm hoping :)

x_Candlejack_x
02-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Well this game MP and all other AC games are based on P2P connections, meaning that you have to connect directly to others PCs, so you need to forward ports and allow traffic in your router, otherwise your router will keep rejecting the incoming connections, its fairly easy to do that, you can tell me whats the model and type of your router and we will go from there.
Im trying co-op today with my friend. I will report back if it works. If not, then you have to tell me step by step how to do this router thing.

x_Candlejack_x
02-27-2015, 06:31 PM
OK. I get the Co-op working, but not the way I thought I would. You can't accept your friends invitation by jumping in to desktop and accepting it from Uplay. You can't accept it in My Brotherhood eather. What you have to do is open Uplay with "shift + F2" and accept the invitation from there. Don't ask me why this works like this, but atleast it works. I also get the SweetFx working by installing a software called Radeon Pro. Radeon Pro has SweetFx included, it's easy enough to learn and use and you don't have to add any SweetFx files directly on your games exe root. Needles to say that the Radeon Pro in ment for the AMD cards, but some forums are telling that you can also use it with Nvidia cards. I hope this helps atleast some of you who has this co-op invitation problem.

strigoi1958
02-27-2015, 07:05 PM
OK. I get the Co-op working, but not the way I thought I would. You can't accept your friends invitation by jumping in to desktop and accepting it from Uplay. You can't accept it in My Brotherhood eather. What you have to do is open Uplay with "shift + F2" and accept the invitation from there. Don't ask me why this works like this, but atleast it works. I also get the SweetFx working by installing a software called Radeon Pro. Radeon Pro has SweetFx included, it's easy enough to learn and use and you don't have to add any SweetFx files directly on your games exe root. Needles to say that the Radeon Pro in ment for the AMD cards, but some forums are telling that you can also use it with Nvidia cards. I hope this helps atleast some of you who has this co-op invitation problem.

Shift and F2 is the right way to do it (and possibly the only way to do it).... you cannot accept invitations by going to desktop and into uplay.

x_Candlejack_x
02-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Shift and F2 is the right way to do it (and possibly the only way to do it).... you cannot accept invitations by going to desktop and into uplay.
I could earlier (before the last patch) accept the invitations from the desktop Uplay. But atlest it works now. :rolleyes: