PDA

View Full Version : Server vs. local version of rider

ymja
02-16-2015, 03:55 PM
I get occasionally, yet frequently, messages in the game to choose between local and server version of the rider "x" minutes ago, x being usually a small number.

I started wondering if RL could patch the account that way by editing their copy of the rider (for example when not getting the bundle offers)...?
My internet connection seems pretty solid (although their's might not be so :p) so the connection should be rather good all the time.

I've always chosen the local rider thus far. Anyone, do you get these messages? Theories, speculations, even facts?

xitooner
02-16-2015, 04:06 PM
They will do minor things via the server copy; give gems, etc. but only via direct communication to you. When that occurs you need to know to accept the server copy.

For major stuff, or where local aspects of your device might be involved they will request you send them your player.bin

Their decision. I've done both.

ymja
02-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Ok. Earlier I did have some interactive stuff going on with RL to get my gems back and had to use the server version selection to make it happen.
So no "quiet" fixes offered to us it seems... Just connection/servers glitching then.