PDA

View Full Version : Don't separate multiplayer and tournament leaderboards...

x High Deff x
02-16-2015, 12:09 AM
People are saying they should be separated as tournaments count as single player. gtfo.

Single Player: Playing for medals/fast times/world records.
Multiplayer: Competing against other players for XP "prizes"
Tournaments: Competing against other players for XP "prizes".

They should NOT be separated, they both count as multiplayer. Tournaments are also harder to gain XP than MP is.
Just because a few noobs can't even score in the top 70% of tournaments and claim the 1000xp prize doesn't give them the right to complain about their place on the MP leaderboard and ask they be separated.

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-16-2015, 01:42 AM
Agreed.

Im sure you and i both rather have tournaments count for single player instead. [along with 90% of the older Trials vets]
But as long as they dont count for single player, they need to count for something at least.
So keep letting them count for multiplayer makes total sense.
Otherwise they will become useless again like they were before.

Edit:

This of course doesn't mean that i endorse this mp leaderboard system, i don't.
But if the devs insist on using this XP based system then the tournaments need to be a part of that.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
02-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Disagree.

En0-
02-16-2015, 07:16 AM
Hello,

As already said somewhere else, this is only a temporary system as it's time based and not skilled base (but it's much longer to implement a skill based system and this temporary solution avoided to delay more the feature).

Also, as what counts together and on its own, we won't separate them for reasons similar as explained in the initial post. Tournaments and Multiplayer modes are both based on your results against the score of others players (and not againt a fixed time as medals in the career mode).

Cheers,

IBlubbiI
02-16-2015, 01:33 PM
HD, i am curious if you had the same opinion if you didnt grind tournaments for the last year.....i bet not. The only reason why you think so is because you problably have this 1 million exp from tournaments already.

I stopped playing tournaments in the first month of their release, why? Because on pc there were 10 people at max playing them and you only had to 0 fault them to get number1 because none of those 10 people were rly good at the game.

So now i am around rank 100 on Pc- Mp Leaderboards while number1 has a win loose Ratio of 1/50. Srsly tournaments and mp are a completely different thing and it has nothing to do with skill if you took the time to play tournaments every single day of the year or not. And pls dont tell me it has anything to do with skill to get top 70% in tournaments, if rarely anyone plays them and you literally only have to 0 fault them to get number1.....

Disagree.

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-16-2015, 02:41 PM
As far as i know High Def barely played tournaments. He only started playing them recently.
Most his exp points on Xbox One come from SX at the moment i think.

Sorry, but you appear to be projecting what is perhaps your own thought process
or way of thinking onto High Def where you only are for, or against something, based on your own self-interest.
High def was just making a fair, realistic point. He would benefit a lot more from tournaments not counting.

Tournaments, in general, simply take more skill then grinding individual tracks.
In an ideal world, tournaments would count for single player
and they should count DOUBLE the amount of points of an individual track.

That aint gonna happen tho :(
So maybe they can add a 3rd global board, just for tournaments as a way of compromise.

I would like to see RL put more effort into the mode. Its been pretty weak so far no offense.
Longer tournaments, include DLC tracks, include TC tracks and more tournaments with shorter deadlines.
Make it into a serious mode so more people will play it.

shakeyclaret
02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
I disagree too.
Even in sp you are competing against others for lb position...is this then a form of mp? No.

IBlubbiI
02-16-2015, 03:28 PM
As far as i know High Def barely played tournaments. He only started playing them recently.
Most his exp points on Xbox One come from SX at the moment i think.

what do you guys mean tournaments affect multiplayer? I play tournies all the time and my MP score is low as ****. What's everyone going on about?

I played tournies everyday and that hasn't happened to me

Superhdx,
I don't believe there is a time limit to claim your XP. If you have done the tourny you go into completed results and claim them there.

omg thank you so much :D

Lol, sorry if i read anything wrong into this, but this seems for me as if he played tourneys all year.

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Ok. Yeah i dont know then. I only started seeing him play tourneys a lot recently. Def not all year. But maybe im wrong.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
02-16-2015, 08:23 PM
People are saying they should be separated as tournaments count as single player. gtfo.

Single Player: Playing for medals/COMPETING AGAINST FRIENDS FOR fast times/world records.

They should NOT be separated, they both count as multiplayer. Tournaments are also harder to gain XP than MP is.
Just because a few noobs can't even score in the top 70% of tournaments and claim the 1000xp prize doesn't give them the right to complain about their place on the MP leaderboard and ask they be separated.

Fix'd it for ya

there is literally no more of a multiplayer aspect in tournaments than there are in single player, Does this mean we should have just one huge leaderboard that calculates SP, tourneys, and MP?

I say MP leaderboards should only take from multiplayer game modes. And you aren't playing multiplayer in a tournament, your playing by yourself with high scores set by other people

do you call a game like pac-man a mulitplayer game, because it has a leaderboard/high score system set by other players? I don't think so

x High Deff x
02-17-2015, 03:26 AM
Only got xb1 at Xmas, not even top 50 on MP LB.

LoH_Dave
03-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Just make everybody happy and have filters on the leaderboards. MP, tourneys and then both. then the majority of players who don't play the tourneys could have a leaderboard that reflected the game as they play it and the other 20 people who play tourneys can have their leaderboard. Can't see that happening tho cause you can't even filter the single player LB's to with and without DLC like you could on HD and I think Evo too. I have a friend without DLC and his score means nothing any more as he's competing against people with much more content. We used to have a rivalry going since HD but that's out of the window now as I have DLC
Hope that's something that gets addressed in the future as its a little unfair to people without DLC. :cool:

NSP_I_VeNoMz
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Single Player: Playing for medals/fast times/world records.

Single Player: Competing against other players, and having lots of retries to get the final time
Tournaments: Competing against other players, and having lots of retries to get the final time
Multiplayer: Competing against other players, and having 1 chance to get the final time.