PDA

View Full Version : The Road To Victory: The Spin Blade

The_Pashker-Man
02-15-2015, 06:54 PM
The Spin Blade

1.History:

1.1. Origin:
The early concept of the SB was design by the assassin Arno Dorian while he was in Egypt. During a fight, the string in his Phantom blade cut loose and only one side of the crossbow part opened. Arno decided to use the broken crossbow as another blade, and after the fight Arno writes down the design for the Spin Blade. Arno never got the chance to build the SB because his death in young age. The drawings buried down with Arno and been forgotten.

1.2. Victorian era:
The assassin Samuel Fey gets a mission to reveal the secrets of Arno Dorian tomb (see side quests: assassin tombs-the spin blade).
Samuel builds the final version of the spin blade and starting to practice on the techniques that Arno invented.

1.3. The present day:
Note: this cutscene shows only if you did Arno's tomb mission.
In Melanie Lemay assassination mission, you can jump on her car and make hole in it with the modern spin blade to assassinate her.

http://i.imgur.com/IROKmuil.jpg?1
the Spin blade concept

2. Techniques and uses:

2.1. Assassinations and combat:

-slide and spin blade: to use that move you need to open the slide move in the skills tree.
In this move Samuel will slide near the enemy and stab him in the leg to slow him down or bring down the enemy.(2)

-stab and shot: to use that move you need to open the quick shot move on the skills tree.
While the yours gun and the spin blade equipped in the same hand at the same time, long press on the attack button and aim to the next enemy will force Samuel to stab the first enemy and to shot the next one at the same time.(1)

-regular assassination: as you know when an enemy spot you and you tries to assassinate him he will push you back, but with the spin blade it's harder to push you, and Samuel will spin the blade and get the kill.(3)

-double kill: if you equip a dagger and the spin blade in the same hand Samuel will stab two enemies, one after one with only hand while the other hand is free do shot or defend from the third enemy.(5)

2.2. Navigation:
-the spin blade give you the ability to hang from the side of a wall without losing yours grip and falling down, you will be able to shot or throw a bomb with the other hand.(6)

-ranged leap assassination: to use this move you need to open the leap assassination and quick shot moves in the skills tree.
If you climbing on a wall and an enemy looks down Samuel will jump and grab to climb faster, also he will grab his gun and shot the enemy after the spin blade stuck on the wall.(5)

http://i.imgur.com/nJ23Dmcl.jpg?1

the spin blade techniques

3.Customization and combinations

3.1. Customization:
The blade part is detachable and can be replaced with longer blade, blade from different material or a stronger blade

3.2. Combinations:
The most common combination is spin blade and the hidden gun to get even more stab-quick shots.
You can also combine the grappling hook to get an awesome parkour moves.

http://i.imgur.com/8VI5o39l.jpg?1

the spin blade in action

*sorry for bad drawings and english...

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:00 PM
I didnt notice that thing under Samuel's wrist....nice find.

but no guarantee its a spin blade

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Interesting ideas overally.But it is not practical to use it for navigation,as it will easily wear out.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:02 PM
if it were real it would be pretty stupid. it would be basically a hidden blade but it spins.

then again i think the phantom blade is stupid too

because it is

Hans684
02-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd rather have a Chain Blade.

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Oh it seems you are going ro make a series!Awesome idea!!!!
I voted for the combat system,although the "5 things .."option is also interesting

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:09 PM
It's only a matter of time...

http://i.imgur.com/UIIf783.gif

Hidden flamethrower lets goooo

because that's subtle, amiright?

GunnerGalactico
02-15-2015, 07:11 PM
It's only a matter of time...

http://i.imgur.com/UIIf783.gif

Hidden flamethrower lets goooo

because that's subtle, amiright?

If we ever go back to TPMD, I seriously want this!!

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:11 PM
It's a horrible idea.

It could only work as a joke.

GunnerGalactico
02-15-2015, 07:13 PM
^ I was actually joking when I said that.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Sad part is I could see it happening

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 07:16 PM
It seems like a downgrade from the Pivot Blade.

What's with the poll? I don't understand it.

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 07:21 PM

He is going to make a series of "Road to ACV" as far as i understand it.He is asking which topic to analyze next

The_Pashker-Man
02-15-2015, 07:34 PM

He is going to make a series of "Road to ACV" as far as i understand it.He is asking which topic to analyze next

this.
the spin blade and the pivot blade works kind the same but with the spin blade you get a free hand.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:36 PM
So this is just a random theory you developed?

The_Pashker-Man
02-15-2015, 07:40 PM
So this is just a random theory you developed?

a mix of idea and theory based on the leaked screenshot.
the rest of the road to ACV its also my ideas, base on infromation, screenshots and random things i would like to see in futre AC games.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:43 PM
http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Victory-2.jpg

Can I just say the man on the left looks very beautiful and I don't want to kill him?

Edit: I just noticed the carriage on the right is on fire

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 07:45 PM

Can I just say the man on the left looks very beautiful and I don't want to kill him?

What about Rodrick Bulmer? ;)

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Mad uggers.

He can die.

The_Pashker-Man
02-15-2015, 07:48 PM

you can push him aside, if you complete ACV without killing anybody
you get the "I'm Batman!" achievement

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:50 PM
being able to not have to kill anyone for full synch would be pretty cool

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 07:51 PM
No, it wouldn't. >>

Screw optional objectives.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:52 PM
optional objectives let us know what canonically happened

i love them

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Because Edward totally rope darted Bartholomew on the ship. The optional objectives went beyond being canon after Brotherhood. =p

The_Pashker-Man
02-15-2015, 08:25 PM
optional objectives let us know what canonically happened

i love them

Because Edward totally rope darted Bartholomew on the ship. The optional objectives went beyond being canon after Brotherhood. =p

If the optional objects make you to replay the mission and fail hundreds of times like in ac3 they can remove them.
But if they are fun to do like in acro and ac4 its fine. If you get reward like skin or weapons for different challenges its better.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Possible Spoilers:

wait what?melanie lemay was killed?In AC:Rouge or somewhere in ACU?

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 08:33 PM
optional objectives are optional. two or three were unreasonably hard, but for the most part theyre just slightly more difficult paths that are there so people can EARN 100%

100% isnt something you get scott free. it's an accomplishment through hardships.

and its not nonsensical collectables. its a different path in gameplay which i like and find fun. (tho thats just me)

I hate companion app because not everyone can access it and it's not even technically gameplay but optional objectives are and theyre in-game too.

and they let us know about our protagonist's mind/behavior too

Because Edward totally rope darted Bartholomew on the ship

I don't see why not

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
optional objectives are optional. two or three were unreasonably hard, but for the most part theyre just slightly more difficult paths that are there so people can EARN 100%

100% isnt something you get scott free. it's an accomplishment through hardships.

and its not nonsensical collectables. its a different path in gameplay which i like and find fun. (tho thats just me)

I hate companion app because not everyone can access it and it's not even technically gameplay but optional objectives are and theyre in-game too.

and they let us know about our protagonist's mind/behavior too

I'll take optional objectives over collectibles and companion apps any day. TBH, the optional objectives in Black Flag, Rogue, and Unity aren't bad at all. I'm down for more as long as they continue that road. JUST as long as they don't push it like in AC3.

I don't see why not

It's not canon.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 09:04 PM
It's not canon.

Where was it declared not canon?

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Where was it declared not canon?

He assassinates the guy by rope dart from a high ledge. It doesn't make sense for the white room.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 09:13 PM
The white rooms themselves dont make sense.

Its an ability granted by the father of understanding as explained in Unity

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 09:18 PM
The white rooms themselves dont make sense.

Its an ability granted by the father of understanding as explained in Unity

Still. =p

Namikaze_17
02-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Mad uggers.

He can die.

He's not real so... :rolleyes:

The_Pashker-Man
02-16-2015, 06:12 PM
okey, the next episode will be about the combat system.
thanks for reading and voting!

edit: you can still vote for what you want to see in the next episode

Altair1789
02-16-2015, 06:49 PM
I'd like to see this. The backstory on it would make a nice intro to the game. Maybe a mission as Arno and then we start Sam Fey as a grown assassin. Maybe Arno also hides a POE and that's what we're searching for

The_Pashker-Man
02-16-2015, 07:16 PM
I'd like to see this. The backstory on it would make a nice intro to the game. Maybe a mission as Arno and then we start Sam Fey as a grown assassin. Maybe Arno also hides a POE and that's what we're searching for

its more like a side mission type like the assassin tombs from ac2, but you get hidden weapons and gear blueprints as rewards. and you get the chance to visit new locations(like china for Shao Jun tomb)

but it still sound like good intro and close to Arno's story

NondairyGold
02-16-2015, 08:55 PM

the spin blade in action

Is that not the rope on the grappling hook, or a mechanism for propelling it?

Altair1789
02-16-2015, 09:09 PM
its more like a side mission type like the assassin tombs from ac2, but you get hidden weapons and gear blueprints as rewards. and you get the chance to visit new locations(like china for Shao Jun tomb)

but it still sound like good intro and close to Arno's story

Oh, I thought it was more of a required signature weapon. I like this idea too

the spin blade in action

Good point, I saw that and thought it was just his hidden blade or a different phantom blade but that makes more sense. I wonder how the XP mechanic will factor in. Hopefully it means no Initiate MD and a real MD protagonist

The_Pashker-Man
02-16-2015, 10:20 PM

the spin blade in action

I think its look too small for rope...actually i can't find a rope on samuel in any of the screenshots...

Perk89
02-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Protagonist's robes look awesome, and I dig the Assassins logo on the back. First time I've seen that picture so large.

additionally, can you imagine Melanie Lemay's cheery disposition when tossed into the situation you put her in.

Perk89
02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Now that I think about it. a MD with a true protagonist that goes on Assassination mission to eliminate some of the Abstergo cronies we've been around the past few games sounds great. Perhaps Arend from some of Rogue's Abstergo files. (Which, by the way, is Afrikaans for Eagle-I know this for a fact because it's what I named my Skyrim character a few years ago)

The_Pashker-Man
02-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Protagonist's robes look awesome, and I dig the Assassins logo on the back. First time I've seen that picture so large.

additionally, can you imagine Melanie Lemay's cheery disposition when tossed into the situation you put her in.

I'm pretty sure she will say "go team!".
Before you stab her or in the white room

m4r-k7
02-17-2015, 01:09 AM

the spin blade in action

No, the grappling hook is its own kind of gun (as shown in another screenshot through the current weapon equipped)
I think that is the hidden blade that is being shown here, or some sort of knives / blades as shown by the current tool equipped in the right hand corner.

Altair1789
02-17-2015, 06:34 AM
No, the grappling hook is its own kind of gun (as shown in another screenshot through the current weapon equipped)
I think that is the hidden blade that is being shown here, or some sort of knives / blades as shown by the current tool equipped in the right hand corner.

Those are throwing knives I believe, there's a number (6) under them

I agree, I hope they don't change them much

DemonLord4lf
02-17-2015, 06:48 AM
One thing i hope they add is the ability to use your environment in combat. You see a cane or umbrella or whatever laying around, you can use that against your opponent. You can throw your opponent through a window or something like that. That would make combat a lot more fun and would definitely change things up.

The_Pashker-Man
02-17-2015, 03:38 PM
The poll didn't go well as i planed.
I will choose the highest vote this evening. Next poll will be little different.

Again thanks for reading.
I would like to hear more opinions about the spin blade and on the thread overall.