PDA

View Full Version : Please Ubisoft bring Jesper Kyd back

gohanks10
02-15-2015, 02:01 PM
With every respect, since of revelations, i just feel uncomfortable to free roam in the cities, they just feel empty with no ambient music or with crap ambient music

Please Ubisoft stop being so selfish and arrogant, and bring back Kyd

Thank you

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Aciv had decent ambient music though.ACU also had nice music,but only during main missions.

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Plz, Black Flag had the best ambient music and Lorne Balfe did a killer job on Revelations and 3.

I-Like-Pie45
02-15-2015, 05:22 PM
quite frankly if kyd was to contract leprosy in his hands and lose his ability to compose it would be a blessing for the series.

Shahkulu101
02-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Plz, Black Flag had the best ambient music and Lorne Balfe did a killer job on Revelations and 3.

Blasphemous. ACIV's was good but nothing comes close to ACII - Revelations ambient music.

Balfe did some great work but the majority of ACIII's soundtrack is typically 'epic' and bombastic like any generic Hollywood film.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Dont ever favor a writer, composer, or director.

They all have potential for screw ups or success.

Favor results. And favor them individually.

Megas_Doux
02-15-2015, 06:10 PM
I do miss ambient music during freedom, however I disagree about AC IV's, that game had a great soundtrack.
I would like if Jesper comes back, however I think is hard to keep up with annual releases.

DisbandedBox359
02-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Poor poll choices :P
Ubisoft decided to leave out ambient music in a few games (not sure why) that has nothing to do with who composed the soundtrack, Lorne Balfe recorded a bunch of stuff for AC3 that was never released

phoenix-force411
02-15-2015, 10:42 PM
It's good to hear several artists. It would still be good to have Kyd, but then I'd want to hear from other talented artists as well.

Namikaze_17
02-15-2015, 10:47 PM
I like Kyd as he has his moments, but everytime I go back to listen to AC soundtracks it's his I listen to the least.

I don't hate him, I just really prefer Balfe and even Tyler has grown on me with his tracks. :p

EDIT: I still don't understand how lack of ambient music just breaks immersion in a city?

I've played each game with or without it and I don't even notice.

phoenix-force411
02-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Sometimes the ambient music gets very loud like in ACB. ACR's ambient was a bit too low, and it had better tracks. :'( I don't mind if it is or isn't there, but it is surprising when it does come up in the later games.

Megas_Doux
02-16-2015, 12:24 AM
I

EDIT: I still don't understand how lack of ambient music just breaks immersion in a city?

I've played each game with or without it and I don't even notice.

I have a theory about that:

If my memory does not betray me -correct me if Im wrong- AC III was your first game in the franchise and thus you were not accustomed to that "unsung tradition" of having ambient music during free roam. If you begun with AC I or the Ezio trilogy on the other hand, that was almost like a regular and even mandatory element of the game. Personally Im pretty "music driven" and I truly miss that artistic part of the package.

Namikaze_17
02-16-2015, 02:58 AM
I have a theory about that:

If my memory does not betray me -correct me if Im wrong- AC III was your first game in the franchise and thus you were not accustomed to that "unsung tradition" of having ambient music during free roam. If you begun with AC I or the Ezio trilogy on the other hand, that was almost like a regular and even mandatory element of the game. Personally Im pretty "music driven" and I truly miss that artistic part of the package.

I fail to see how AC3 being my first game has to do with it. :rolleyes:

I hardly even notice or care for such things while I'm playing any game. But that's just me.

But I don't mind it either, just puzzles me how this affects people so badly?

Though I understand where you're coming from in a way.

Altair1789
02-16-2015, 04:40 AM
I liked AC3's track better, but either way I think they have their reasons for not bringing him back

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-16-2015, 05:19 AM
I liked AC3's track better, but either way I think they have their reasons for not bringing him back

Agreed.

playlisting
02-16-2015, 06:03 AM
I'd like him to come back. Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood has absolutely beautiful music. I just played through AC2 and am currently on Brotherhood and the music is definitely something that stands out. I think the best part about it is that the music always perfectly fits the scene. Whatever I'm doing, the music is there enhancing the experience.

Jexx21
02-16-2015, 07:42 AM
bring in James Horner

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
AC Revelations has the best soundtrack in AC history. You can listen to its songs on your iPod and during gameplay. To me, that's better than anything else. So another collaboration between Kyd and Balfe would be phenomenal, as well as the person who made the soundtracks of Desmond's Journey and The Lost Archive. Those were beyond perfect.