PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Anniversary 2017

legacy_neworder
02-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Hello,

AC1 was released in 2007.
AC Unity was released last year in 2014.
This year we'll get AC Victory.
Next year, in 2016, we'll probably get this rumored Japan/China game.

Maybe in 2017 we'll get a sort of remake of AC1? Tomb Raider 1 was remade as Tomb Raider Anniversary after 10 years as well.
AC1 is the game that needs updating/improving the most. AC1 had little character development and took place over a short period. The gameplay didn't have much variation.

They could remake AC1. Name it "Assassin's Creed Anniversary".
Keep Altair as main character. But perhaps the game could be played through Helix like ACU and probably ACV. It could take place in Masyaf, updated Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre. The Holy land could be updated to have much more to do.

THe story could start before AC1. Then the events of AC1 could happen in 4-5 sequences. The story and missions could have much more variation. Keeps the HUD, Music,... of AC1. Huge attention to stealth. Then also some events after AC1 could happens in sequences, like part of the Abbas story, parts of the Bloodlines story, more of his story with Maria, his sons, ... Perhaps also the events much later in his life, like the mongols...

I've never played Bloodlines but saw some parts of it on Youtube and it doesn't look interesting.

What you'd think?

DemonLord4lf
02-15-2015, 12:37 PM
No... just no... if they do something like that, it had better be a reboot. The series has really turned stale... Unless they do something that can excite the gamers again, the game is headed to a quick grave.

dimbismp
02-15-2015, 12:47 PM
It is a nice idea.AC was the most assassin-y game to date,so something like a reboot/remaster would be great,especially if it is combined with no proper sequel in 2017.

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 03:28 PM
So, basically change everything that made AC1 unique and awesome. No thanks.

VestigialLlama4
02-15-2015, 05:05 PM

On this, I agree with you. For 2017, a simple re-release of the old game in New Gen with no additions and tweaks is fine, thank you very much. It's still a beautiful game by any standards and the only remaster it needs is for conversion to HD, but beyond that it's fine the way it is.

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 05:19 PM

This has become your catchphrase whenever an AC1 remake is brought up. =p

legacy_neworder
02-15-2015, 05:26 PM
personally I found AC1 rather mediocre and repetitive, but it wasn't bad. AC2 was a lot better. But I have a soft spot for Altair. Altair was the best thing of ACR.
What I propose is a AC1 remake and sequel (and prequel) in one, but the improvements made in later games. Like more variation, villages with shops, money, swimming, ...

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 05:27 PM
for 2017 just release the entire first gen AC games on next gen.

Actually scratch that.

Release it this year.

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 05:32 PM
This has become your catchphrase whenever an AC1 remake is brought up. =p

Because it remains a bad idea and no-one should ever bring it up, ever.

Shahkulu101
02-15-2015, 05:35 PM

What about a purely cosmetic upgrade?

Imagine those locations with Unity's graphics engine.

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 05:39 PM

True dat.

GoldenBoy9999
02-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't care for this. Maybe if it was a re-release of multiple AC games I'd be interested, but I never liked AC1 that much.

Hans684
02-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Instead of a remake, why not a game where we play as Al Mualim in his early years?

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 05:43 PM
What about a purely cosmetic upgrade?

Imagine those locations with Unity's graphics engine.

AC1 is the best game graphically after Unity. I don't think it really needs an upgrade. They could maybe replace some of the textures and improve draw distance, but I'm worried they would lose the sandy, dust-filled atmospheric lighting in the process. None of the sequels, not even Unity, have matched AC1's amazing lighting. Somebody must have sold their soul to make the game look that good in 2007.

DanPenfold
02-15-2015, 05:52 PM
This might go down very well for ubisoft. If they do a new remake. They might end up just makeing new ac games. Going back in the past (2007) might not be a good idea.!!

RADAR__4077
02-15-2015, 06:18 PM
I don't want a remake. A WELL WRITTEN prequel would be cool though.

I would like to play as Altair with the new engine (assuming they actually get the bugs out). They could make it about his early years, working his way through the ranks for the first time, ending with the first AC memory.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-15-2015, 07:13 PM
An anniversary remake?

Hmm... Could you be taking about what they did for Tomb Raider Anniversary where the story was slightly written much better than the original?

Then yes, I'd go for that, but it'll take a while for them to get started on that.

As we speak, they're probably working on Assassin's Creed XII :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I would only want a remake of ac1 if it had a setting where you could choose between Cas Anvar's voice/face or Philip Shahbaz voice/face.

And the parkour to be changed to ACUnity's style

GunnerGalactico
02-15-2015, 07:18 PM

I would like to play as Altair with the new engine (assuming they actually get the bugs out). They could make it about his early years, working his way through the ranks for the first time, ending with the first AC memory.

^ This.

Fatal-Feit
02-15-2015, 07:18 PM

How about a sequel? Bloodlines remake, plz.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:23 PM
We don't need a prequel. I read the secret crusade and it was just a bunch of altair training before AC1 happened.

Bloodlines remake would be nice but the templar villains are embarrassing.

Hans684
02-15-2015, 07:24 PM
^That's why a game staring Al Mualim would be better.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
I don't like the idea of playing as an actual historical figure.

VestigialLlama4
02-15-2015, 07:42 PM

I actually would like that. There was plans to do a James Kidd/Mary Read DLC but they went with Adewale. I still think they should have done that, in that Mary Read is a figure absolutely nothing is known about so you can invent all kinds of things.

The problems with using a historical figure in AC is the lack of availability of descendants. Like George Washington had no known biological children. Napoleon had one known legitimate biological kid but he had some illegitimate kids. It would have been awesome if they did a playable Napoleon DLC, at least his early years before he became Dictator.

The other issue is that in some cases, they would have descendants but they'd have to hew it closer to actual genealogy. It's similar to Uncharted where Nathan Drake claimed to be Francis' descendant despite everyone pointing out that the real guy had no kids and they came up with a smart way to get out of that jam. Like before AC3 came out, many fans, like this one here:(http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-story-theory-charles-lee/) argued that Charles Lee would be Connor's dad. It turned out to be Haytham, who is actually closer to the real Charles Lee in looks and personality more than the Charles Lee in the game, and the reason for that is that, as developers pointed out, was that the real Charles Lee was descended from historical nobility in France and England including the Medici, so that would make Desmond related to a bunch of famous people and open a can of worms for memories to harvest. And you know if they make someone related to English royalty that would open an incredible can of worms since they inter-married all over the place (English royals are technically descendants of the Prophet Muhammed for instance).

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 09:54 PM

Al Mualim isn't exactly a real historical figure. He's based on Rashid Ad-din Sinan, but it's more like a fictionalized version of him.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Eeehhhhh they share the same name so....

it still kind of bothers me

SixKeys
02-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Fair enough. I don't really want to revisit old locations or characters anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
02-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Its like when blackbeard had super powers in pirates of the carribean

yeah its a myth version of him

still weirds me out because i think of blackbeard as a historical figure.

RADAR__4077
02-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm still waiting to fight along side Robin Hood.

It would be a great combo of AC 1 time period and AC 3 wilderness.

Obvious themes for assassins to play on.

Throw in new archery mechanics.

Altair cameo.

legacy_neworder
02-17-2015, 08:14 PM

Altair cameo.

maybe in the proposed "AC Anniversary" Altair could spend some period in Europe. So medieval castles, knights, ...

marvelfannumber
02-17-2015, 08:19 PM
maybe in the proposed "AC Anniversary" Altair could spend some period in Europe. So medieval castles, knights, ...

That would be pretty cool, I would particularily like to revisit Constantinople during that time period personally. But at that point we are kind of deviating from what AC1 was about so I am not quite sure about this idea.

ze_topazio
02-17-2015, 08:41 PM
That would be pretty cool, I would particularily like to revisit Constantinople during that time period personally. But at that point we are kind of deviating from what AC1 was about so I am not quite sure about this idea.

In case you're interested this is more or less how the city looked like when Altair visited.

http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/01.jpg
http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/02.jpg
http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/03.jpg
http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/07.jpg
http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/04.jpg
http://imggaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/LiveImages/Foto%20Haber/386/Bizans%20d%C3%B6neminde%20%C4%B0stanbul/LargeFolder/05.jpg

http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/land-3d2.jpg

marvelfannumber
02-17-2015, 08:59 PM
In case you're interested this is more or less how the city looked like when Altair visited.

The Romans were truly magnificent builders, if they ever did that in 1:1 scale I would literaly drool.

Kind of a shame really that they wasted both Rome and Constantinople for Ezio.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2015, 09:07 PM
I'd be really happy if the remaster the Desmond Saga for PS4 in 2017. Make them all 1080p, 60fps, better lighting, shadows, textures..etc. and I'll be super happy and grateful. I'd welcome a remake, I mean I wouldn't complain at all. But I don't know if they're willing to do that at this point. So I'd settle for a remaster of the whole Desmond Saga.

DemonLord4lf
02-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Instead of a remake, why not a game where we play as Al Mualim in his early years?

Yes, oh please yes!!! I would love to know more about Al Mualim. Find out more about him and his associations with the Templars.

redassassin47
02-17-2015, 10:48 PM
please do not bring assassin's creed to an Asian country oh my god boring and annoying. stick with Europe or possibly Canada.

DemonLord4lf
02-17-2015, 10:53 PM
please do not bring assassin's creed to an Asian country oh my god boring and annoying. stick with Europe or possibly Canada.

Why would an Asian country be boring? and did you seriously just say Canada?

http://media.giphy.com/media/tMyCJmeXHBetq/giphy.gif

redassassin47
02-17-2015, 11:13 PM
canada is awesome and idk asia actually could be fun but right now it just seems kinda dull to me.montreal would be an awesome setting for assassin's creed game imo

JustPlainQuirky
02-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Assassin's Creed Canada sounds hilarious.

Yeah there's probably a good culture and history behind it but it just sounds funny to me, lmfao

redassassin47
02-17-2015, 11:19 PM
look at montreal though althose old building's still stand it just look's like a cool place for it back in it's earlier day's

JustPlainQuirky
02-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Assassin's Creed Canada.

A Modern Day AC game where you play as Darby and must defeat Ubi- Abstergo from their corrupt corporate schemes.

10/10 would buy

Hans684
02-17-2015, 11:26 PM
AC can't be in Canada, Canadian Assassins don't kill.

JustPlainQuirky
02-17-2015, 11:29 PM
AC can't be in Canada, Canadian Assassins don't kill.

Hidden beat stick confirmed.

marvelfannumber
02-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Assassin's Creed Canada.

A Modern Day AC game where you play as Darby and must defeat Ubi- Abstergo from their corrupt corporate schemes.

10/10 would buy

Canadians with Russian accents confirmed?

DemonLord4lf
02-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Hidden beat stick confirmed.

New assassin gun confirmed

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090721072605/batman/images/d/da/TheJoker_01.jpg

ze_topazio
02-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Parts of Rogue take place in Canada, it was disappointing they didn't use Quebec city or at least Montreal which was just a fort and a small village at the time, I know that Quebec city would probably be too much for their budget and development time but Montreal would have been easy, they made lots of random villages for the game, they could have spared some efforts for the city where the main AC games are made.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2015, 12:11 AM

Why not an Asian country?

Locopells
02-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Its like when blackbeard had super powers in pirates of the carribean

yeah its a myth version of him

still weirds me out because i think of blackbeard as a historical figure.

Yeah, me too. Bit the same, with Flint and Silver wandering around with historical pirates in Black Sails...

Altair cameo.

Would love that, but you'd have the problem of the Assassin's not really spreading out of Syria until much later (unless they change the lore).

ze_topazio
02-18-2015, 01:06 AM
We know that the Assassin brotherhood has existed in many places around the world since immemorial times but for some reason during Altair's time the brotherhood was a bit weakened and Al Mualim took the opportunity to become the supreme leader of the entire Brotherhood, under him the brotherhood was more focused in the middle east, however I don't think they ever stated that guilds in other parts of Europe didn't exist.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 02:57 AM
Would love that, but you'd have the problem of the Assassin's not really spreading out of Syria until much later (unless they change the lore).

You could be a lone assassin sent to England to assist Robin Hood... or something like that....

Anyway, they could figure something out. Maybe the merry men were the first assassin brotherhood in west Europe, but they disbanded after Richard returned?

If they put half the time into archery mechanics as they did turning assassins into pirates, they could make it good, and the setting would be amazing.

Just don't ruin it with yet another "you killed my father. Prepare to die." plot, or half baked love story.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:03 AM
You could be a lone assassin sent to England to assist Robin Hood... or something like that....

Anyway, they could figure something out. Maybe the merry men were the first assassin brotherhood in west Europe, but they disbanded after Richard returned?

If they put half the time into archery mechanics as they did turning assassins into pirates, they could make it good, and the setting would be amazing.

Just don't ruin it with yet another "you killed my father. Prepare to die." plot, or half baked love story.

King Richard never returned since he was killed during battle... but they could say they disbanded when Robin Hood died.

Locopells
02-18-2015, 03:08 AM

Trouble is, that's the Robin Hood legend, on both counts!

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:09 AM
I'm not as good with history as I used to be. I thought Richard returned to England after the whole Robin Hood thing, but was killed in battle later.

I'm probably wrong.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:10 AM

Then who's buried here?

https://mrbeady.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/robin-hoods-grave-7.jpg
https://mrbeady.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/robin-hoods-grave-9.jpg

Locopells
02-18-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm not as good with history as I used to be. I thought Richard returned to England after the whole Robin Hood thing, but was killed in battle later.

I'm probably wrong.

If memory serves, that's right - he returns, gets bored and goes off again, getting killed and leaving the throne to John after all...

@Daemon - where's that from?

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:12 AM

I'm not saying play as Robin Hood. I said fight along side him. Not directly involved with his personal life.

I-Like-Pie45
02-18-2015, 03:14 AM
What about a game with Jesus as a Templar Grandmaster

It already comes with twelve additional assassination targets

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:14 AM

I'm probably wrong.

Just looked it up. Looks like he did return... I thought he was killed in battle. :-/

Locopells
02-18-2015, 03:16 AM
I'm not saying play as Robin Hood. I said fight along side him. Not directly involved with his personal life.

Yeah, I know - I'm just messing with ya!

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:17 AM
If memory serves, that's right - he returns, gets bored and goes off again, getting killed and leaving the throne to John after all...

@Daemon - where's that from?

Who's Daemon? anyways here's the link i got the pictures from.

https://mrbeady.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/robin-hoods-grave-w-yorkshire-june-12/

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Just looked it up. Looks like he did return... I thought he was killed in battle. :-/

I'm 99% sure he was killed by a crossbow bolt after going back into battle. I believe the pope tried to have them removed from the battlefield because they were too lethal and required little skill.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:20 AM
I'm 99% sure he was killed by a crossbow bolt after going back into battle. I believe the pope tried to have them removed from the battlefield because they were too lethal and required little skill.

I remembered seeing it in a movie that he was killed by a chef or something. Probably not true, but it does go towards what the pope at the time was saying.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:33 AM
I found this article.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140917-richard-cause-death-helmet-forensic-science/

Maybe a different monarch was killed by a crossbow lol

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:36 AM
I found this article.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140917-richard-cause-death-helmet-forensic-science/

Maybe a different monarch was killed by a crossbow lol

Yea thats Richard the III, King Richard the lion hearted was King Richard the first.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Yea thats Richard the III, King Richard the lion hearted was King Richard the first.

My bad.

Read the correct Wikipedia page (holy **** there's so much betrayal and Templar references).

He was shot by a crossbow, and died of gangrene after a botched surgery to remove it. The surgeon was described as a "butcher" maybe that's where the chef thing came from.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:52 AM
My bad.

Read the correct Wikipedia page (holy **** there's so much betrayal and Templar references).

He was shot by a crossbow, and died of gangrene after a botched surgery to remove it. The surgeon was described as a "butcher" maybe that's where the chef thing came from.

Maybe... in the movie it was a lucky shot by a chef/cook. He took over for one of the crossbowmen so he could eat, and hit Richard with the first shot. At least according to the movie.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 03:55 AM
Maybe... in the movie it was a lucky shot by a chef/cook. He took over for one of the crossbowmen so he could eat, and hit Richard with the first shot. At least according to the movie.

I was speed reading but I think it said something about the guy using a skillet as a shield.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 03:57 AM
I was speed reading but I think it said something about the guy using a skillet as a shield.

If thats true then maybe it was a chef/cook that killed him lol

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Maybe lol

Oops... looks like we accidentally hijacked another thread lol

Back on topic. I think it would be awesome to have a Robin Hood/King Richard AC game.

There's so much Templar activity, and betrayal and conspiracy on an international level.

Plus archers. I really want to shoot a Templar through the head with a longbow from 50+ yards lol

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Maybe lol

Oops... looks like we accidentally hijacked another thread lol

Back on topic. I think it would be awesome to have a Robin Hood/King Richard AC game.

There's so much Templar activity, and betrayal and conspiracy on an international level.

Plus archers. I really want to shoot a Templar through the head with a longbow from 50+ yards lol

But its so much fun highjacking threads.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii322/JOKERKING007/20k9ope.gif

Though I would love to see a game set during the time of Robin Hood, where we can fight alongside Robin Hood and fight Prince John, who turns out to be a Templar, or Templar puppet.

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 04:18 AM
But its so much fun highjacking threads.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii322/JOKERKING007/20k9ope.gif

Though I would love to see a game set during the time of Robin Hood, where we can fight alongside Robin Hood and fight Prince John, who turns out to be a Templar, or Templar puppet.

Lol about the joker gif

My thoughts too, but then I read up just a little bit about Richard and realized it could be that and so much more.

Richard in deep with the Templars and was imprisoned and had all kinds of stuff going on with people trying to free him, and others trying to keep him locked up.

I'm not saying make Richard a Templar, but it all sets up a great AC story.

We're waiting Ubisoft... don't blow it.

DemonLord4lf
02-18-2015, 04:23 AM
Lol about the joker gif

My thoughts too, but then I read up just a little bit about Richard and realized it could be that and so much more.

Richard in deep with the Templars and was imprisoned and had all kinds of stuff going on with people trying to free him, and others trying to keep him locked up.

I'm not saying make Richard a Templar, but it all sets up a great AC story.

We're waiting Ubisoft... don't blow it.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/36105889.jpg

Stripes__
02-18-2015, 03:01 PM

Altair cameo.

Hmm yes, I think I would like to see something like that. I would love to go back to Medieval Times in AC. Robin Hood being an Assassin would be epic!
BUT, I'm a bit tired of wilderness in AC games. They are too expansive and there is barely anything to do compared to the dense cities.

We've already seen, read and played so much of Alta´r's life. I don't think he ever went to Europe....

Stripes__
02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
maybe lol

oops... Looks like we accidentally hijacked another thread lol

back on topic. I think it would be awesome to have a robin hood/king richard ac game.

There's so much templar activity, and betrayal and conspiracy on an international level.

Plus archers. I really want to shoot a templar through the head with a longbow from 50+ yards lol

this....must...be...made

king-hailz
02-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I think they should release the final game of the series in 2017...

RADAR__4077
02-18-2015, 06:15 PM
this....must...be...made

I don't want to distract from this thread anymore so I started a new one to discuss the setting. Even threw in a title suggestion.

DemonLord4lf
02-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Who's distracting?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110904200358/batman/images/3/3e/Two-Face_img.jpeg

I would love to see this come to life. To see Assassins Creed go further back in time instead of forward. I dont want more modern like places, I want to see medievil era and maybe even Roman Empire Era locations.

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Eh... I'd rather they didn't. I didn't even like AC1, I just played it because a friend got me interested in the series and I needed to catch up on the plot in time for Brotherhood.

Stripes__
03-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I don't want to distract from this thread anymore so I started a new one to discuss the setting. Even threw in a title suggestion.

Could you post the link?

BananaBlighter
03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Those photos showing part of Japan, proving that there is an AC game there don't say anything about 2016, I mean it could be in 2017 as the great game that all fans have always wanted. I think that 2016 will be the rumoured game in Egypt after Unity.

RADAR__4077
03-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Could you post the link?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1012941-Assassin-s-Creed-Kings-and-Thieves

There you go :)

I encourage you to read through the whole thing. Lots of good ideas in there :)