PDA

View Full Version : Possible cause for unequippable weapons glitch (esp. guillotine gun & eagle of suger)

bookwyrm1357
02-14-2015, 11:11 PM
Based on evidence which shall be listed shortly, I think I may have found the cause of the glitch which prevents the player from equipping weapons, and (because it also seems to interfere with the weapons being marked as owned) prevents the player from unlocking Eagle of Suger, and the related trophy, "Defender of Franciade".
My guess for the cuse of the glitch is:
During the mission when one unlocks the guillotine gun, it is auto-equipped during the mission, but does not register as owned until the completion of that mission. Therefore, if the player equips a different weapon during the mission, the guillotine gun registers as unlocked, but neither owned nor equipable. This error in unlocking is then repeated when/if the player attempts to unlock ANY other weapons (because the game uses the same faulty process to attempt to unlock all new weapons from that point forward).

And the evidence on which I base this guess is:
When I played dead kings for the first time, I encountered the “unlocked but not owned nor equipable” glitch with the original Guillotine Gun, when, in the mission where you unlock the guillotine gun, I re-equipped my preferred weapon, the Sword of Eden, soon after the tutorial on using the mortar. Thereafter, every weapon I unlocked (from the Companion App, Assassin’s Creed Initiates, Murder Mysteries in the main game, and several missions in Dead Kings (including Suger’s Legacy). Because of this glitch, when I completed the “Suger’s Legacy” missions, the Eagle of Suger was unlocked, but was not owned or equippable, and thus, The “Defender of Franciade” trophy did not unlock.

Eventually, I became sufficiently desperate to start a new game (which necessitates deleting one’s old game) in order to earn the trophy (though fortunately for me, I was able to back up my original save before deleting the data on the PS4). In any case, I played until I had gear of sufficient quality to survive Franciade, as well as the ability to travel there. I completed the first mission, and then played the second (which unlocks the Guillotine gun) I had already guessed that unequiping the Guillotine gun had caused the trophy-blocking weapons glitch, so this time I made a point to not even open the character customization menu for the duration of the mission.
After the mission, I checked (from the interface screen of a shop, though I don’t think it matters) and found that (hooray!) the guillotine gun was behaving properly, it was owned, equipable, upgradable, and ownership of it had unlocked the next three guillotine guns for purchase. I played the next main mission, and then all of the newly unlocked Suger’s Legacy missions. This time, when I completed these missions, the trophy unlocked immediately (hooray!). Unfortunately, I did not think to check the character customization menu to verify that it had unlocked correctly before I deleted that saved game in order to restore my original saved game. However, I think it is a safe bet that it unlocked correctly.

So, The conclusions I have drawn from this evidence are:
1. The cause of the unequippable weapons glitch which prevents players from earning the trophy “Defender of Franciade” is unequipping the guillotine gun during the mission in which it is earned.
2. Once triggered, this faulty unlock applies itself to ALL weapons which the player ties to unlock, regardless of the origin of the mission that unlocks them.
3. This glitch can be prevented by not equipping any other weapon during the mission in which one earns the Guillotine Gun.

So, that is my hypothesis, but I am only one player. If anyone has any evidence for or against my conclusions, please, post it below! The more evidence we have, the sooner we can get to the bottom of this immensely irritating glitch!

UbiVolfbane
02-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello bookwrym1357,

Thanks for providing this information. However, this is just an "hypothesis".. I will be more than happy yo pass this along to the team. Also, don't hesitate to provide further info to the tech team directly here: https://support.ubi.com.

Landruner
02-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Hello bookwrym1357,

Thanks for providing this information. However, this is just an "hypothesis".. I will be more than happy yo pass this along to the team. Also, don't hesitate to provide further info to the tech team directly here: https://support.ubi.com.

I am sorry but that theory does not work as a solution and according to the people I know that got that problem bug the only solution is restarting the game from scratch with Patch 4 without the DLCs intalled - Apparently that is the Revolution Arsenal pacj at $2,99 that is the cause on that bug - And it gets worse while combined with the Free DK DLC that is bugged too.

In short: if you restart the game from scratch and dyou on't use the Revolutionary Arsenal Pack, and/or the Dead King DLC the bug is gone, but you lost all your progression - SOLUTION THAT IS NOT COOL AT ALLl!!!!

For my part On PS4 (with my uPlay account I currently use for PS4/xbox) The all problem came even long before I even started the DK DLC.

(1) I got the weapon bug early on when I saw not being able equipping for weapon from the muder cases - I also
(2)I also saw the issues when I remarked that I had to re-buy weapons I already bought - (Honestly, I wrongly fault that it was a creedy move from you (Ubisoft) in order to force people to rebuy weapon for forcing them to use and buy helix credits. over and over - since it affects the legendary exp[ensiide weapons as well)

(3)I then later saw that the Uplay lance 20U (Golden Bec...) did not reddeem in my game, but it was redeemed on my Uplay account . I opened a ticket and My 20U from the lance (Golden Bec...) and fairly the 20U had been reembursed to my Uplay account.

(4) Then then I played the DLCand got the guillotine Gun that is given for Sep13 Memory 2. and I kept that weapond all the time of the ,memory 2 and the rest of the DLC (main story).

I lost it later when I decided to unequiping for a playing a Co-op mission in Paris, jand ust after that mission, I saw could not equip it tagain and that it was locked like most of my weapons. I also saw that the rest of the guillotine guns are locked.... Technically I have more than 25 weapons affected by this issues (including legendary weapons)

The only way I know to get back the first guillotine gun is the replay seq 13 Memory 2 when you get it. (Which is a bit annoying after a while)
I have opened another ticket since since the Napoleon Outfit from the DK DLC did not unlock despites have the collection requirement ....

Conclusion: That is not the issue that is causing the bug, your guys should focus on the Revolution Arsenal Pack that generate the bug while loaded at the same time than the DK DLC.

Pat_St-P
02-18-2015, 12:16 AM
I am sorry but that theory does not work as a solution and according to the people I know that got that problem bug the only solution is restarting the game from scratch with Patch 4 without the DLCs intalled - Apparently that is the Revolution Arsenal pacj at $2,99 that is the cause on that bug - And it gets worse while combined with the Free DK DLC that is bugged too.

In short: if you restart the game from scratch and dyou on't use the Revolutionary Arsenal Pack, and/or the Dead King DLC the bug is gone, but you lost all your progression - SOLUTION THAT IS NOT COOL AT ALLl!!!!

For my part On PS4 (with my uPlay account I currently use for PS4/xbox) The all problem came even long before I even started the DK DLC.

(1) I got the weapon bug early on when I saw not being able equipping for weapon from the muder cases - I also
(2)I also saw the issues when I remarked that I had to re-buy weapons I already bought - (Honestly, I wrongly fault that it was a creedy move from you (Ubisoft) in order to force people to rebuy weapon for forcing them to use and buy helix credits. over and over - since it affects the legendary exp[ensiide weapons as well)

(3)I then later saw that the Uplay lance 20U (Golden Bec...) did not reddeem in my game, but it was redeemed on my Uplay account . I opened a ticket and My 20U from the lance (Golden Bec...) and fairly the 20U had been reembursed to my Uplay account.

(4) Then then I played the DLCand got the guillotine Gun that is given for Sep13 Memory 2. and I kept that weapond all the time of the ,memory 2 and the rest of the DLC (main story).

I lost it later when I decided to unequiping for a playing a Co-op mission in Paris, jand ust after that mission, I saw could not equip it tagain and that it was locked like most of my weapons. I also saw that the rest of the guillotine guns are locked.... Technically I have more than 25 weapons affected by this issues (including legendary weapons)

The only way I know to get back the first guillotine gun is the replay seq 13 Memory 2 when you get it. (Which is a bit annoying after a while)
I have opened another ticket since since the Napoleon Outfit from the DK DLC did not unlock despites have the collection requirement ....

Conclusion: That is not the issue that is causing the bug, your guys should focus on the Revolution Arsenal Pack that generate the bug while loaded at the same time than the DK DLC.

Hallelujah !!!

Portuguase_05
02-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Hello bookwrym1357,

I know that isn't your fault but be honest with me, with us.. Are anyone working for the patch 5? Seriously

bookwyrm1357
02-19-2015, 02:48 AM
Volfbane, I appreciate you passing on the information, but you should also pass Landruner's info (since it quite neatly refutes my hypothesis that the guillotine gun is the source of the glitch). Landruner, Thank you for the information! While I am disappointed that my hypothesis was apparently wrong, it is nice to have clear information. With only my own experience (in short, I encountered the bug with the guillotine gun, it then applied itself to all weapons I unlocked, including the Eagle of Suger. But when I reinstalled the game and all DLC and patches [except "secrets of the revolution", which I didn't have at all] and then started a new game, everything worked fine) I came to an erroneous conclusion. But this is still only two people. If our different experiences are any indication, there may be tremendous variation.

Please, anyone who has encountered the glitch, post the following: 1: when did you first notice the glitch? 2: did it apply to all weapons (and armor?) or just some, and if just some, did you notice a pattern? 3. (NOTE: this question requires much more time and effort to answer, so just answer the first two if you wish. ALSO: you should back up your data before testing this next question. Instructions will follow.) If you delete your old game, and start a new one, does the glitch still appear? Do you notice it beginning in the same place? Is there any way to prevent it?
Any information helps!

On PS4, you can back up your data by selecting: Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Upload to Online Storage > Assassin’s Creed Unity > Select All + Upload. Make sure you turn auto-upload off, if it is on.
You can only have one file per location per game, and you can only play the save on your console, so restoring your old game will require deleting your new one. To restore your old game (Again: this means deleting your new game) Go to: Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage > Assassin’s Creed Unity > Select All + Download. Unfortunately, I do not know how to back up (or restore) data on PC or Xbox One, but I’m sure that information can be found online.
Once again, any information is appreciated, as the more information we have, the sooner we can figure out what is going on and how to stop it!