PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 crashing at startup

jmike
02-14-2015, 07:46 AM
I had previously been playing just fine. Nothing changed on my PC, not even WIndows update. There was a Uplay update before I attempted to play but as soon as the game launches I get sent to the desktop. I'm not sure if it's due to a lack of paying attention but I never noticed an Assassin's Creed 2 specific Uplay launcher before that opens up overtop of Uplay. As soon as the AC2 specific launcher completes "Downloading Uplay files", I can see in the task manager that the game .exe shows up in the processes but all i get is a black screen and then back to the desktop.

I did some exploring and noticed that in the assassin2.ini both Adapter IDs, resolution and refresh are all set to =0.

YazX_
02-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Delete the assassin2.ini and then launch the game, dont worry the game will create new one based on default settings. note your graphics and key bindings will be reset to default as well.

LordZeusCannon
04-21-2019, 09:31 PM
I've done pretty much everything and there's still no known fix for this game

UbiCosmos
04-21-2019, 11:38 PM
I've done pretty much everything and there's still no known fix for this game

Hello,

If you are encountering issues launching the game, please reach out to our Support Team (https://support.ubi.com/en-US) for assistance.