PDA

View Full Version : MP Online - Anyone else notice the screwed up scoring results?

krickster1
02-14-2015, 05:26 AM
So, 9 times out of 10 I am putting in a FLAWLESS run only to have it score me +9 or +8 on faults? WTF??? It happens about 90% of all flawless runs. Then other times I may fault once, but it gives me +10.

Not only are these tracks crap after the 10 month wait, but now my stats aren't even being tallied properly. What the he11 are you guys doing over at RL?

Also, would it be so hard to put at least ONE extreme track in MP?????

En0-
02-14-2015, 07:16 AM
Same answer as here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1001116-Multiplayer-leaderboard-based-on-tournament-xp?p=10575940#post10575940

Also, your score is normal, not a bug.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
02-14-2015, 08:55 AM
I agree that it isn't bugged, but it needs to change in my opinion. here's why..

lets say I get 1st place in a heat, with a fast time, and zero faults, then 2nd place gets let's say a decent time, but a fault or two, but then 3rd place goes slower than the other two, and as a result is a little more careful and also gets 0 faults.

1st place clearly deserves a perfect score if they have faultless runs, yet gets punished because somebody that ends in a horrible placing gets 0 faults

TeriXeri
02-14-2015, 02:43 PM
I think it's actually a more fair system then just -1 per fault like it was in the previous game. Scores are closer together, and the 1st place still gets bonus from winning even if someone else that comes last has same faults.

dapp3r-
02-14-2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah I don't mind the scoring system but it does have what I would consider to be a flaw.

For example:
Four people finish a race with 0 faults. This gives each of these players 7 points.
One other person also finishes the race, but with 1 fault. This player receives 8 points.

Although I can understand how the points were calculated it does not seem fair.

Hypothetically what this means is that if I was one of 5 people about to finish a race with 0 faults and was confident the other 4 players would complete their 0 fault run I could bail out and finish with 1 fault as this would give me more points.

En0-
02-15-2015, 12:54 AM
For example:
Four people finish a race with 0 faults. This gives each of these players 7 points.
One other person also finishes the race, but with 1 fault. This player receives 8 points.

However, that would be a bug. We'll verify.

krickster1
02-15-2015, 05:58 AM
Also, your score is normal, not a bug.

Can you please point me to where the point system is explained? Because on it's face, it appears to be some sort of Obama style points redistribution scheme! Spread the wealth aye? Even for those that don't deserve it? If you fault, you pay the piper yourself. I don't expect for anyone else to pay for my screwups!

Of course I could have it all wrong. Waiting to see for myself....

En0-
02-16-2015, 08:42 AM
For example:

Hi,

We couldn't reproduce that. Did someone observe it? Can you share screenshots please?

Cheers,

dapp3r-
02-16-2015, 10:18 PM
I will round up some players and try it today. You would want a screenshot of our faults and another of our points, correct?

llDumptruckll
02-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Hi Eno,

I talked it over with Dapper and I see his point.

Basically, if you fault, but still come in 1st place (while other players finish with 0 faults), you still get more Fault Points then players who did not fault during the race.

Hope this makes sense. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help with this.

dapp3r-
02-17-2015, 05:03 AM
Hi,

We couldn't reproduce that. Did someone observe it? Can you share screenshots please?

Cheers,

I have screenshots on hand. Is there a way I can get these to you without uploading to a 3rd party site?

En0-
02-17-2015, 05:58 AM
Hello DapperDash,

I don't think we can do without a 3rd party website.
There are this easy one to use: http://snag.gy/ (just copy the screen/paste in your browser directly)
Otherwise, you can upload on your GDrive / Onedrive and make it public (or accessible for people who knows the link).

Would one of them work for you?

Cheers,

dapp3r-
02-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Thanks, the first link shows the number of faults we finished with.
http://snag.gy/oT7Fs.jpg

and the link below shows the number of points we earned for that same race.
http://snag.gy/aeU2m.jpg

I tested this on PS4 in Private mode to capture the screens but I was made aware of this issue while playing public matches.

En0-
02-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Perfect, thanks a lot. I'll bring that to the dev team.

En0-
02-17-2015, 06:40 PM
The fix should actually be in the incoming update.

Cheers,