PDA

View Full Version : Eye tracking technology: video inside with ACRo

Deezl-V
02-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but WOW. This would change how games are made and played.

Discuss.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-assassin-s-creed-taught-me-to-love-eye-trackin/2300-6423372/

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 10:26 PM
It's so freakin stupidly pointless lmfao

Maybe if it were a fast paced first person game but third person it's practically useless.

Especially when all you have to do is literally just tilt the controls stick.

Alphacos007
02-13-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't see the point either. Maybe for people who have problems with their hands?
But isn't this supposed to be in PC section?

similarly
02-14-2015, 12:35 AM
The big problem I have with eye-tracking is that the main action takes place in the center of the screen. If I use my mouse for camera control, my eyes stay fixed on the center of the screen where the action is. With eye tracking, my eyes move AWAY from the center and where the action is. I don't think this is a good idea for me to be looking AWAY from where the center of my attention should be: my screen.

See, the REAL world is 360 degrees. Wherever I turn, the world is there. My screen is 27". It has a limit. So looking away means I lose focus on what's happening in that 27". It also breaks immersion. No thanks. Give me a headset with full 360 view and maybe.

Edit: didn't watch until the end. should have. seems this eye tracking technology is pretty sensitive. You don't have to look very far to get the camera to move. still, I'd be worried about the camera jumping all over every time I move my eyes.

strigoi1958
02-14-2015, 03:18 AM
I'm sure it has some advantages for some people as already pointed out such as disabled or injured players but apart from that I see it as a fad like TrackIR and 3d gaming... it is a very small niche market with limited novelty appeal... I'm sure some will buy it... but my pc lifestyle is already lacking in any form of physical exercise and removing the little movement I already do would just bring my coronary that little bit quicker... ;)

We don't want to end up like the humans in Wall-E ;)