PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, AC4 should have been its very own game franchise!

ubigamercell
02-13-2015, 08:11 PM
The game is underappreciated being kept under the Assassin's Creed franchise because it's damn good to start a great IP so I don't see why UbiSoft didn't take the risk, after all, pirate games like these are somewhat of a rarity until AC4 came along!

I hope there'll be more pirate games from UbiSoft like AC4 because it's an awesome start as it is!

Btw, Watch Dogs is like a modernised Assassin's Creed so it's possible I suppose.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Was expecting another ''hurr durr pirate's creed'' post. =p

I agree, Ubisoft should make a new IP out of the sailing mechanics, but it has only been a year since Black Flag was released so give them some time. For all we know, they could already be producing one right now but it's still too early to reveal.

RADAR__4077
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Agreed. They should have called it "Black Flag" and made some minor changes to the story.

They could have even left some AC references and Easter eggs in there.

Edward just didn't feel like he deserved a lead role in an AC game. He isn't a "pirate trained by assassins". He's a pirate who occasionally talked to assassins, and decided to join them after his pirating career.

Edit: This would also give the writers and developers much more freedom.

Hans684
02-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Waste of history since AC is an historical(pluss MD) series. Ever era has it's own potential.

Deezl-V
02-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Anybody play Raven's Cry? It's a pirate game. Lots of boat travelling and battles. Land missions too.

Anyone who has played it can compare it to ACBF (similarities/differences/pros/cons)?

ubigamercell
02-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Anybody play Raven's Cry? It's a pirate game. Lots of boat travelling and battles. Land missions too.

Anyone who has played it can compare it to ACBF (similarities/differences/pros/cons)?

The reviews are mostly negative saying that it's a poor man's Black Flag and from what I've saw of its gameplay it's indeed true, but at least sailing the sea is functional so it's not entirely broken.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 09:48 PM
Naaaahhh

it's too specific

it would get old fast.

let AC4 be unique

ubigamercell
02-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Naaaahhh

it's too specific

it would get old fast.

let AC4 be unique

With the other ACs doing the side-missions and just anything non-main missions just wasn't very interesting whereas here I'd rather spend my time doing anything but the story missions because it's so much fun.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Last thing we need is to take a fun unique gameplay mechanic and draw it out until it isn't unique/fun anymore.

That's the problem with most 3rd person open world games these days.

ubigamercell
02-14-2015, 12:22 AM
Last thing we need is to take a fun unique gameplay mechanic and draw it out until it isn't unique/fun anymore.

That's the problem with most 3rd person open world games these days.

Hm, you just described the Assassin's Creed franchise in its entirety and pretty much every other out there.

After a while all games become tiresome because they don't do anything new, but heck, franchises like Mario still 20 years after are still loads of fun despite the gameplay being more or less the same.

Shahkulu101
02-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Non-AC pirate game headed by Darby, Ashraf and Jean Guesdon.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee254/CollinsofBodom/AceDoWant.gif

Do want.

phoenix-force411
02-14-2015, 12:36 AM
Stop pirating!

JustPlainQuirky
02-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Non-AC pirate game headed by Darby, Ashraf and Jean Guesdon.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee254/CollinsofBodom/AceDoWant.gif

Do want.

Darby is Assassin's Creed's George R.R. Martin.

The characters will die. All of them.

DemonLord4lf
02-14-2015, 02:33 AM
*cough* AC Rogue *cough*

SixKeys
02-14-2015, 08:00 AM
*cough* AC Rouge *cough*

http://www.whatkatiedid.com/images/products/besame_cream_rouge.ct.jpg

pirate1802
02-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Ever since the name was announced I knew it would be misspelt like^ that over and over again :p

Megas_Doux
02-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Ever since the name was announced I knew it would be misspelt like^ that over and over again :p

Neither a native speaker and nor even a frequent user of it, But I would have thought that Rogue is a much more common word than Rouge.......

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 08:15 AM
The game is underappreciated being kept under the Assassin's Creed franchise because it's damn good to start a great IP so I don't see why UbiSoft didn't take the risk, after all, pirate games like these are somewhat of a rarity until AC4 came along!

I hope there'll be more pirate games from UbiSoft like AC4 because it's an awesome start as it is!

Btw, Watch Dogs is like a modernised Assassin's Creed so it's possible I suppose.

They could keep the brand recognition by calling the series itself Black Flag, and since companies nowadays only want to build franchises, well, there's lots of different time periods and places where piracy flourished. The Caribbean, the Mediterranean, and the Indian oceans already give the potential for three games.

The big question is... what kind of features would be added? I personally would prefer something that kind of mixes Black Flag gameplay with a Fallout branching narrative, Sid Meier's Pirates! ability to change the world, and Crusader Kings II social interactions. Most pirate ships were democracies and had their own complex politics, and I'd love to see a pirate game that reflects that by having the player have to really captain a ship instead of just sailing it and firing the guns.

I suppose that idea is too complex, though, for the market that Ubisoft caters to.