PDA

View Full Version : Bing Image Today!

Chillhowl
02-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Hey all,

I just recently finsihed AC2, so I've had it's citys and Italy fresh in mind. I pulled up Bing today, and for a few seconds couldn't figure out why it looked so familure to me. Then I realized it looked just like the bridge in Florence. I moused over the info and sure enough; Florence, Italy. The tower in the bachground even looks like the ones I climbed all the time in the game (Or rather the games towers look like it haha) Just wanted to tip my hat to the people that built AC2 and all these games. It's pretty cool to be able to recocnize a modern picture of a city because of the landmarks in the games. :D

Lignjoslav
02-13-2015, 04:10 PM
I had the pleasure of visiting Florence last year, it is a magical place. I saw many of the landmarks from the game. BTW, any AC fan that goes there has to climb the dome of the Cathedral! There is a long line, but it's worth it. You climb the stairs that are essentially inside the walls, like a secret passage, see the frescoes of the dome up close, see some of the "machines" and tools used for the construction and finally get the best possible view of the city. No leaps of faith, though. ;)

BTW, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni are also nearby. San Gimignano is wonderful, it hasn't changed since the middle ages. I climbed the Torre Grossa, but there are lots of other things to see there. I haven't been to Monteriggioni, but a friend who used to live in Sienna says that the fortress is very beautiful (Sienna itself is amazing as well, I've seen it).

Chillhowl
02-13-2015, 04:32 PM
I had the pleasure of visiting Florence last year, it is a magical place. I saw many of the landmarks from the game. BTW, any AC fan that goes there has to climb the dome of the Cathedral! There is a long line, but it's worth it. You climb the stairs that are essentially inside the walls, like a secret passage, see the frescoes of the dome up close, see some of the "machines" and tools used for the construction and finally get the best possible view of the city. No leaps of faith, though. ;)

BTW, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni are also nearby. San Gimignano is wonderful, it hasn't changed since the middle ages. I climbed the Torre Grossa, but there are lots of other things to see there. I haven't been to Monteriggioni, but a friend who used to live in Sienna says that the fortress is very beautiful (Sienna itself is amazing as well, I've seen it).

That's pretty awesome! I would love to see Italy, and lots of other places. Next time take me with you :p

We would need much larger piles of hay to do leaps of faith for realz haha