PDA

View Full Version : Kesegowaase was RIGHT when he said "YOU WILL FAIL!" **SPOILERS**

Defalt221
02-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Shay may have eradicated the Assassins completely and rebuilt the Templar Order. But then Kesegowaase said to Shay,"Achilles will see you dead.YOU.WILL.FAIL"
He did FAIL. After he left colonial America that is. Because Connor came and then destroyed the entire TEMPLARS (Burning down Shay's life's work). By the way,did any of you try playing AC Rogue first and then play AC3? I did it and it feels awesome (though boring due to poor mission design and stuffs..) I feels awesome because I get to see the consequence of my actions from Rogue and try to undo that through Connor-Kill all those Templars who survived and ruined Achilles' brotherhood. Feels like a bit of poetic justice.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 04:52 PM
It feels awesome, not because Connor avenged the Assassins, but because AC3 was the better Templar sympathizer installment.

GunnerGalactico
02-13-2015, 05:14 PM
For some reason, after I completed Rogue... I have a new found appreciation for Achilles. It really explained why he became cynical old man who lost faith in the world, until Connor came along.

Perk89
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
I did play it but didn't finish because I ended up getting my One.

it was cool though, tearing down everything Shay had just built up.

Namikaze_17
02-13-2015, 05:31 PM
For some reason, after I completed Rogue... I have a new found appreciation for Achilles. It really explained why he became cynical old man who lost faith in the world, until Connor came along.

On the contrary, it made me appreciate Connor a lot more.

For the Colonial Brotherhood to be the way it was in Rogue, and Connor basically giving it a new start made what he did in AC3 more significant to me.

And to what you said about Achilles as well. It really made the argument they had more impactful.

Hans684
02-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Better start a revolution of our own then.

GunnerGalactico
02-13-2015, 05:41 PM
On the contrary, it made me appreciate Connor a lot more.

For the Colonial Brotherhood to be the way it was in Rogue, and Connor basically giving it a new start made what he did in AC3 more significant to me.

And to what you said about Achilles as well. It really made the argument they had more impactful.

I agree with you about Connor, but it also changed my mind about Achilles. It simply made me hate him a little less. :p

Namikaze_17
02-13-2015, 05:49 PM
I agree with you about Connor, but it also changed my mind about Achilles. It simply made me hate him a little less. :p

It changed my perception on Achilles too.

Before Rogue, I thought Achilles was the man!

After Rogue, I question him as a leader and character now.

He's still cool though. ;)

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Before Rogue, I thought Achilles was the man!

After Rogue, I question him as a leader and character now.

Achilles isn't the only character Rogue had perverted.

VestigialLlama4
02-13-2015, 09:29 PM
By the way,did any of you try playing AC Rogue first and then play AC3?

ROGUE is nothing more than finely made fan-fiction (it was written by the guy who managed the Initiates Website rather than Corey May, author of AC1-AC3).

The fact is Achilles and Haytham are supporting characters to Connor, without him they are not all that interesting in the roles that ROGUE puts them in. Shay is essentially a White Connor since his dynamic between Haytham and Connor, two Mentors, is the same as the heroes in AC3, only it skews to the other end of the see-saw.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Shay is doing stuff underground.

For all we know the box may have led him to like 3849238409283402398 different pieces of eden and he's just hoarding eden and hid them for future templars to find.

VestigialLlama4
02-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Shay is doing stuff underground.

For all we know the box may have led him to like 3849238409283402398 different pieces of eden and he's just hoarding eden and hid them for future templars to find.

I think Shay died, that is to say before having children.

Juhani Otso Berg and Violet da Costa keep mentioning that Shay "survived" this fall and after the first Paris vision, they note that obviously he survived the Seven Years War, so I think they got his DNA either from sample material taken from his grave or they got it via blood vial. The dialogues doesn't make sense in the context of what we know of how the Animus works in the games before it.,

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 09:52 PM
I think Shay died, that is to say before having children.

Juhani Otso Berg and Violet da Costa keep mentioning that Shay "survived" this fall and after the first Paris vision, they note that obviously he survived the Seven Years War, so I think they got his DNA either from sample material taken from his grave or they got it via blood vial. The dialogues doesn't make sense in the context of what we know of how the Animus works in the games before it.,

I think recently it was revealed Shay's DNA was received by a random donor.

I forgot where I heard that, but it confirms he has kids.

VestigialLlama4
02-14-2015, 05:04 AM
I think recently it was revealed Shay's DNA was received by a random donor.

I forgot where I heard that, but it confirms he has kids.

That still doesn't explain the dialogue. If Otso Berg and Da Costa knew it came from his descendants and both of them know how the Animus works, they should know that there would be a sex scene coming up at some time. Why do they keep expressing surprise that Shay would survive this or some other incident? I would put it down to a Retcon in that case.

I-Like-Pie45
02-14-2015, 06:08 AM
Well Otso Berg is an idiot and black people haven't been the smartest written in AC as shown by Achilles and Adewale so its only natural Violet's a dolt as well

In fact all of the new MD characters are dolts. In fact if the next writer was to kill all of them off, as painful as possible especially Melanie, I think modern day could be saved yet

Man Anarkia
01-16-2016, 04:54 PM
anyone who kills or has innocent people killed are definitely not cool but your definitely stupid for saying achilles is cool.

LoyalACFan
01-16-2016, 05:56 PM
anyone who kills or has innocent people killed are definitely not cool but your definitely stupid for saying achilles is cool.

Except he had no idea that the earthquakes were linked to his tampering with the hold-the-world-together-thingies (which are still a painfully stupid plot device TBH) and he never intended to have any innocents killed.

Put it this way, he certainly has less innocent blood on his hands than Ezio, who frigging firebombed Cappadocia in his haste to kill Manuel Palaiologos, without fully thinking through the consequences it would have on the innocents there (he wanted to create a panic to aid his infiltration, but he accidentally wound up killing a lot of the civilians in the smoke).

ERICATHERINE
01-16-2016, 08:29 PM
That still doesn't explain the dialogue. If Otso Berg and Da Costa knew it came from his descendants and both of them know how the Animus works, they should know that there would be a sex scene coming up at some time. Why do they keep expressing surprise that Shay would survive this or some other incident? I would put it down to a Retcon in that case.

Shay talked about which girl he prefer in the game. Some description are about sex if I remember correctly. So, maybe he had a kid he didn't know about way before the event of ac rogue. ^-^

Rioz22222
01-16-2016, 08:57 PM
as for me honestly it was a pain to undo all the time I spent in rouge to make it 100% :( just wonder why connor doesn't kill shay he isn't even mentioned in AC III :(

Mr.Black24
01-16-2016, 09:26 PM
as for me honestly it was a pain to undo all the time I spent in rouge to make it 100% :( just wonder why connor doesn't kill shay he isn't even mentioned in AC III :(
That is because Shay didn't return to America after that mission in Paris in 1776, hence why there is no mention of him in AC3. No one knows if Connor and Shay will fight or not, although it is a possibility.