PDA

View Full Version : Asassin's Creed: Feature Lack?

LSOKrypton
02-13-2015, 04:21 AM
Man I've gotta say that I love the Assassin's Creed series and it's storyline but.... what's going on with Unity? Aside the bugs and all.. it just general lacks features..

You're not able to use your hidden blades are free weapons anymore. They're only useable to perform assassination kills.
You're not able to chain-kill people anymore.
You're not able to counter-kill people anymore.
You're not able to kick sand/dust at people anymore.
You're not able to grapple people anymore.
You're not able to dual-wield weapons anymore.
You're not able to use your fist in combat anymore. Which didn't draw guards attention.
You're not able to whistle when behind cover anymore.
You're not able to craft specialty bombs anymore.
You're not able to pick up dropped weapons for temporary use such as throwing anymore.
You're not able to poison people with your hidden blade anymore. (Yes, I know you can fire poison darts but it had it's usefulness.)
You're not able to wield multiple weapons in combat anymore. (Such as being able to cycle through dagger, main weapon, and throwing knives.)
You're not able to call apon NPC assassin's for help or to do quests. (This is important for players who do not have internet connection and cannot do multiplayer.)
There is no replica or upgrade similar to the hook-blade.
You're are not able to capture enemy outposts and convert them to the assassin's cause.
You are unable to pay for mercenary service. (While there are civilians who will fight for you, they are not always around.)
You can not wield a dagger anymore.
You're not able to use silent throwable weapons anymore such as the throwing knives.
You're not able to renovate buildings, outside of social clubs, for revenue. (There was A LOT of buildings in past Assassin's Creed games.)
You're unable to use parachutes.
You're unable to use a rope-grappling weapon like Edward had.
You're unable to disarm opponents.
You're not able to use people as human-shields.

Plus... what's going on in the real world? All we know is some girl named bishop is getting intel from the Helix servers (unless I'm wrong) for the Assassin's cause.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 05:20 AM
Unity certainly does lack features, but most of what you mentioned are only present in 1 or 2 ACs, not all of them. Crafting specialty bombs are Revelations exclusive, for example. And that isn't to say Unity doesn't have its own features. Like renovating or using the Hookblade, Unity has cafe shops and the Phantom Blade. =p

Regarding MD, they broke the 4th wall by making you the protagonist, an Initiate, who supports the Assassins. Besides the occasional Rifts, there's little to no context. Can't say I miss MD, TBH.

LSOKrypton
02-13-2015, 05:52 AM
Unity certainly does lack features, but most of what you mentioned are only present in 1 or 2 ACs, not all of them. Crafting specialty bombs are Revelations exclusive, for example. And that isn't to say Unity doesn't have its own features. Like renovating or using the Hookblade, Unity has cafe shops and the Phantom Blade. =p

Regarding MD, they broke the 4th wall by making you the protagonist, an Initiate, who supports the Assassins. Besides the occasional Rifts, there's little to no context. Can't say I miss MD, TBH.

That being said the phantom blade is just an aesthetic overhaul of the regular hidden blade to a downgraded proportion. The Social clubs are also a downgrade, considering there isn't as many of them as there are shops.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 06:25 AM
That being said the phantom blade is just an aesthetic overhaul of the regular hidden blade to a downgraded proportion. The Social clubs are also a downgrade, considering there isn't as many of them as there are shops.

It shoots silent and deadly blades from afar, behind covers, and in combat (berserk too). In hindsight, it's more practical than the hidden pistol, poison blade, and pivot blade.

Less renovations doesn't mean it's a downgrade. The previous entries that had the feature bombarded players with renovations all over the place, even with landmarks. It wasn't necessary. Other than being a shop and increasing income like the previous entries, social clubs also functions as another fast travel, offers side missions, and improves navigation by opening windows and doors.

DemonLord4lf
02-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Wow, I had forgotten how about so many of those features. Though Fatal is correct, a lot of them were only in certain AC games. That being said, i do think they took out too many loved features. Chain kills could've been nerfed instead of gotten rid of. Counter kills could've been changed to counter wounds. They just need to increase the AI of the enemy. The enemy is still pretty stupid. However, i did like one thing they did in Dead Kings. If you kill a leader figure, the rest of the enemies will run away. IIRC they did that in AC2, you kill a certain amount of enemies and the rest run away.