PDA

View Full Version : It is mid- Februrary . And still no patch

MenteAlina
02-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Will you now times from your hibernation. It is enough.
After almost 3 months of absolute silence .
Can you tell us finally time to introduce a patch
What do you think we wait any longer.
Our patience has run out.
Understanding we have not for a long time

And so it is slowly getting ridiculous

amikhel
02-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Well bro, after six months of the release of Watch Dogs I could play the game without stutters.

I hope they still working on Unity.

For the remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMxuYdSLnFI

Greetings.

Diarmuid_III
02-14-2015, 01:27 AM
As with any project Unity had a budget. On release date I suspect that most of the people involved in the project were released to go and do other things or find alternative employment/contracts. I suspect that only a handful of people remained to address the issues on all platforms and its most likely that the number of people were further reduced after patch 4. There was no budget for continuing development or support on a large scale so the likelihood of seeing any great changes, if any, seems to be remote. Despite my asking Ubisoft, via various media, there has been no official announcement that there will be any further patches. Have to also say there was no announcement that there would be no future patches.However, saying nothing at all tends to imply nothing will be done. I am now past the point of caring.

niemtoor
02-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Wow I am shocked to find out that a patch 5 has not been released yet for the PC. Stopped playing the game almost the same week I got it last year as the thought of not being able to play the game at Ultra Textures with my high end GPU was unacceptable. What a mistake I made coming back here to check whether its worth playing through, expecting a fix of some sorts....

I made that Watch Dogs video by the way, was so frustrated by the 4GB requirement to play with Ultra textures. Eventually I sucked it up and played the entire game at High Textures. Sigh, looks like its the same rubbish with Unity. They really want me to replace my 560 780 Ti KINGPIN just because it is 3GB in order to play at Ultra Textures which REQUIRES 4GB NO MATTER WHAT (Tried all sorts of workarounds, experience severe stutters in some areas while textures are set at Ultra)...

Their "most ambitious project" so far they said and unfortunately it looks like its not getting their attention anymore. Hmm abandonware?

ecocrash
02-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Wow I am shocked to find out that a patch 5 has not been released yet for the PC. Stopped playing the game almost the same week I got it last year as the thought of not being able to play the game at Ultra Textures with my high end GPU was unacceptable. What a mistake I made coming back here to check whether its worth playing through, expecting a fix of some sorts....

I made that Watch Dogs video by the way, was so frustrated by the 4GB requirement to play with Ultra textures. Eventually I sucked it up and played the entire game at High Textures. Sigh, looks like its the same rubbish with Unity. They really want me to replace my 560 780 Ti KINGPIN just because it is 3GB in order to play at Ultra Textures which REQUIRES 4GB NO MATTER WHAT (Tried all sorts of workarounds, experience severe stutters in some areas while textures are set at Ultra)...

Their "most ambitious project" so far they said and unfortunately it looks like its not getting their attention anymore. Hmm abandonware?

Well, at least you can play it, I have a i7 and an Hd6990, still a powerful card, and I am lucky to get 20FPS on very high.

I really hope they don't abandon it, but sales have been ok, so they may now just see it as a base to work on Victory, shocking really

IcarusLSC
02-17-2015, 04:18 PM
No more Ubi titles for me after this poor service, game issues etc...

YazX_
02-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Patch 5 is coming tom:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013224-Patch-5-Release-Notes

xTheRealHughesy
02-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Patch 5 is coming tom:

Still no mention of tessellation in the patch notes though, kinda false advertisement really, unless there's going to be another patch? Not a huge deal but surely it's better to not announce it will be added, then nobody would get disappointed. Game development is complicated, so it's better to not say anything unless it's 100% going to be in the game. I only just got AC Unity and I'm having a blast, but I'd still like to know if it's still going to be added or not.:)

zYnthethicz
02-19-2015, 01:54 AM
Still no mention of tessellation in the patch notes though

Anytime now... ANYTIME..;_;

jeffies04
02-19-2015, 03:17 AM
Still no mention of tessellation in the patch notes though, kinda false advertisement really, unless there's going to be another patch? Not a huge deal but surely it's better to not announce it will be added, then nobody would get disappointed. Game development is complicated, so it's better to not say anything unless it's 100% going to be in the game. I only just got AC Unity and I'm having a blast, but I'd still like to know if it's still going to be added or not.:)

I say leave it out at this point. Don't need to turn something on that's going to potentially cause problems for more folks. The game looks beautiful even without it.

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Patch 5 is coming tom:

No additional save slots? Come on?! :mad:

We've all finished the game (pretty much), we've done the co-op missions a few times each (and since people are mostly not cooperating since club competitions started, so it's just the same free for all scenarios every time, I really feel no draw to re-play them any more)... If you're making patches, do something (the one thing) that will help us spend more time with the game.

Kame_Man
02-19-2015, 08:48 AM
No additional save slots? Come on?! :mad:

We've all finished the game (pretty much), we've done the co-op missions a few times each (and since people are mostly not cooperating since club competitions started, so it's just the same free for all scenarios every time, I really feel no draw to re-play them any more)... If you're making patches, do something (the one thing) that will help us spend more time with the game.

Dude just remove your savegames and start over

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 08:53 AM
I'll probably do that, but it's a lame workaround to get something which exists in every previous installment of the series (and every game of the genre developed by sane people). Also, with how iffy they've made the mechanism, I wouldn't like to mess up my current saves. It's amateurish!

It took them three months to come up with the patch and the big news is - "we've unlocked a few items".

EDIT: What happens if I delete my save and decide that I want to play a co-op mission? Am I stuck with lame gear and no abilities? I guess I could juggle the two sets of saves until I accidentally overwrite the wrong save, but the method... seems to leave a bit to be desired.

Kame_Man
02-19-2015, 09:38 AM
I'll probably do that, but it's a lame workaround to get something which exists in every previous installment of the series (and every game of the genre developed by sane people). Also, with how iffy they've made the mechanism, I wouldn't like to mess up my current saves. It's amateurish!

It took them three months to come up with the patch and the big news is - "we've unlocked a few items".

EDIT: What happens if I delete my save and decide that I want to play a co-op mission? Am I stuck with lame gear and no abilities? I guess I could juggle the two sets of saves until I accidentally overwrite the wrong save, but the method... seems to leave a bit to be desired.

Guess they decided that most people dont play the AC games more than once. They could leave it. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of difficulty levels too.
Anyway the combat system is pretty awesome in terms of difficulty, you actually feel like your character could die if you try to take on too much enemies at once and makes you want to take the sneaky assassin aproach.
Personally i love my game as challenging as possible so i don't use any health upgrades on my Arno so i kinda created a higher difficulty level for myslef, cause ubisoft never delivers in that department.
Being able to be one shot killed by an enemy with a pistol feels refreshing :D

DarkAC
02-19-2015, 09:47 AM
In Ubisoft have long ago they took holiday, they have our money and nothing more is not interested ...

YazX_
02-19-2015, 10:04 AM
I say leave it out at this point. Don't need to turn something on that's going to potentially cause problems for more folks. The game looks beautiful even without it.

Tessellation works in its own stages in rendering pipeline with its own shaders, so having the option to disable it shouldnt cause any problems since all tessellation shaders will be skipped and things should work as before.

Lignjoslav
02-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Guess they decided that most people dont play the AC games more than once. ...I find that weird. I've finished the original game 3-4 times, AC II 3 times, AC:B twice. The only AC game I own that I haven't replayed is AC III, which I didn't like as much. It's normal to read a really good book or to watch a really good film more than once and similar goes for games (and that's why we're seeing so many HD remakes of old games, because even after 10-15 years good games are still worth replaying), so either Ubisoft doesn't think much of it's own game, or they aren't thinking at all.

The game world is beautiful so I want to spend some more time in it, but not just roam aimlessly. Also, I want to see if the story would feel better if I focused on the main missions and left the side quests for later. When replaying, you notice some things that you overlooked the first time because you couldn't know they would have importance. Plus I've just upgraded my graphics card and the game looks so much better. All good reasons to replay and, like I've said, every game of the genre I can think of has the feature. Maybe the ACU team thinks they've reached a higher level of enlightenment?! Well, rama-lama-ding-don g to them too!

EDIT: LOL I accidentally triggered the "censoring" mechanism.