PDA

View Full Version : Discussion..... If you could bring 1 thing from previous games ?

strigoi1958
02-13-2015, 12:44 AM
If Ubi asked you... specifically for 1 thing and just 1 thing from previous AC games that you want to be put into AC Victory... what would it be ?

it can be a game mechanic, a story line, a feature, a weapon, outfit, even a person (why not jump back into Ezio ? ;)) a type of puzzle... anything ....

BUT you better think wisely because you can only choose 1 ;) and you must make a case for it to be included

you can discuss the choice of others and compare it with your own choice but you can only have 1...

What do you want ?

Also you can submit an idea of your own..... got something good you'd like to see in a game ?

I'll start off.... I really wanted multiplayer ship battles in ACBF to take on huge convoys but that would have been specific to that game (and maybe Rogue or AC3) but there are so many things I liked it is difficult to choose...

I think I'd have to say the homestead missions in AC3... helping the community with their problems and building up a trade by accessing their goods.

It made it more of an effort and achievement to get access to different supplies for trading and the missions were great... it also made me feel part of the community.

ACE7492
02-13-2015, 02:05 AM
Like you I enjoyed many things about the homestead missions from AC3. I also enjoyed parts from gathering a brotherhood of assassins to help at key moments in the game from previous games too.

So how about something that would join the idea of having a guild headquarters like the homestead. Recruited members could gain access to new armor, weapons, and skills as you improve it. More improvements would give the ability for more assassins to join, and have access to craftsmen, skill trainers, and merchants to barter with.

Maybe even make it customizable so that it feels unique. Instead of the same café theatre, villa, or homestead everyone else has. Even it was something simple.

And if none of that is possible I would be happy with them giving us a few core features back, no timer on eagle vision, human shields (if every person in their game has a gun) and our hidden blades as weapons.

playlisting
02-13-2015, 02:42 AM
A small thing, but I'd really like the return of the videos for your assassination targets as it was in Assassin's Creed 2. They let you get to know who you're actually killing rather than just an NPC with fancier clothes on.

strigoi1958
02-13-2015, 03:34 AM
@ACE7492 Yes I always hoped in ACBF we could have had club/ clan islands to meet up or even defend from other clubs. So a club house would be good especially if we could leave messages for everyone in the club... and train new members etc even a few competitions among club members, like a training run :)

@Playlistin yes I loved the assassination targets and the info.... that could be used to show weaknesses like he likes bad women so you could plan to hide in a group of women / prostitutes for a hidden group kill... or he likes to drink so you could poison his ale or he is suspicious of his guards so pickpocket him to start a fatal fight against his own bodyguards.... the background info can always be used to help the assassination.

playlisting
02-13-2015, 05:06 AM
yes I loved the assassination targets and the info.... that could be used to show weaknesses like he likes bad women so you could plan to hide in a group of women / prostitutes for a hidden group kill... or he likes to drink so you could poison his ale or he is suspicious of his guards so pickpocket him to start a fatal fight against his own bodyguards.... the background info can always be used to help the assassination.

That would be cool. As long as they didn't make those kind of assassinations mandatory (I like going for the clean, signature hidden blade kill) then it would be a nice addition.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 06:03 AM
A Cunner Conway cameo.

Anykeyer
02-13-2015, 07:14 AM
I want horses

Scystab
02-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Weapon wheel :(

AnnieBeGood
02-13-2015, 10:17 AM
I miss the little whistle to attract guards....................

similarly
02-13-2015, 10:38 AM
I think overall, much as I miss the whistle, if I had to choose ONE things, it would be the homestead missions. The integration into the game and the satisfaction in seeing the town grow, and the way it added to the commerce system was just brilliant.

GalliumDeath
02-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I would love to see the church puzzles return from the 2nd game. Also MORE precursor story wth!!

strigoi1958
02-13-2015, 11:49 AM
@Playlisting.... yes they could make it an achievement... 100% all assassination targets killed by hidden blade undetected

@Fatal Connor yes I think so few of us really appreciated Connor.. and his quiet speech lulled people into not seeing just how lethal he was.... he's still joint first with Ezio as my favourite AC assassin.

@Mako... The horses.... the horses were excellent (especially for those with SSD drives :D) I did like all the things with the horses.... not just the kill animals on horseback and the chases, but also Ezio swooping down with the parachute picking off guards, sometimes the game has more intensity when we're playing it at a faster speed. The only thing I would have liked was an air assassination from a building or tree onto a horse, you see it in old films where someone jumps on to the horse behind the rider and kills the rider then pushes him off and moves forward in to the saddle... (maybe they had that and I missed it)

@Scystab Weapon wheel I think that was a great way to change weapons really quickly, I'm surprised that every got left behind

@AnnieBeGood The whistle was far more effective than the cherry bomb, we could single out a guard rather than a group... and they always came, we never had to restock it so it was always in our inventory.... it can be frustrating now when I get in a haycart and the patrolling guards are just out of kill range... or only the leading guard gets close enough so I know as soon as I kill I will be detected.

@Similarly yes you put it better than I could.... seeing the town grow.... the commerce system. The cafe and club houses with their missions just seemed a little sterile, the homestead missions were more personal and seemed to feel more involving, the same with the trading, combing the objects to make items more expensive was great, I think it was better than just buying buildings to renovate.

@GalliumDeath I expected someone to mention PreCursor earlier in the thread as a lot of people like that part of the story....the church puzzles were great, sometimes very difficult for me but that just made me feel better about beating them :D

Anykeyer
02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Its not just about you riding a horse. Guards should be able to use them as well, that creates a lot of diveristy and cool moments in combat.

strigoi1958
02-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Its not just about you riding a horse. Guards should be able to use them as well, that creates a lot of diversity and cool moments in combat.

yes it would be nice to be able to sword fight on horseback while riding along a narrow mountain road or using the horse to scatter a group of guards... leap from horse to horse nice

wichking
02-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I would love to have the Ai of Ac 3. The more realistic the Ai is the more fun the game could be. Ofc its not the best Ai but it was the best Ai in all of the AC games.

strigoi1958
02-13-2015, 09:22 PM
I would love to have the Ai of Ac 3. The more realistic the Ai is the more fun the game could be. Ofc its not the best Ai but it was the best Ai in all of the AC games.

Some of the forts were tough when the Jaegers starting joining in....:eek:

rude boy cav
02-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Anything from the old AC games?
The game working on release.
or at least after 4 patches

wichking
02-14-2015, 01:00 AM
Some of the forts were tough when the Jaegers starting joining in....:eek:

Not only the jaegers were great but also the awareness of the guards. Remember how hard it was to stealth your way through the ship cuz guards hear the noises if you perform an edge kill :O but the wnated system was awesome. Ac 3 was just filled with armies of Guards =)

playlisting
02-14-2015, 06:31 AM
yes they could make it an achievement... 100% all assassination targets killed by hidden blade undetected

'Tis a good idea :D

saschia_009
02-14-2015, 11:35 AM
The only thing I would have liked was an air assassination from a building or tree onto a horse, you see it in old films where someone jumps on to the horse behind the rider and kills the rider then pushes him off and moves forward in to the saddle... (maybe they had that and I missed it)

It was there and you did miss it ;) ... Connor was able to jump from his horse to other person's horse, also from tree onto horse (although I never had possibility to try if he can get on a horse driven by a person, only did it with my own horse).

My very own #1 choice to have would probably therefore be horses again. I really missed them in BF, Unity and Rogue. High time for their return. But that requires large areas outside of big cities - and as most people seem to want buildings to climb and masses of people to stalk through I probably will not have horses. In that case, I want the homestead - the idea of it - recruiting different people that provide the background of the story and give you better abilities and equipment, and of course the community to fight for.

wichking
02-14-2015, 12:16 PM
It was there and you did miss it ;) ... Connor was able to jump from his horse to other person's horse, also from tree onto horse (although I never had possibility to try if he can get on a horse driven by a person, only did it with my own horse).

My very own #1 choice to have would probably therefore be horses again. I really missed them in BF, Unity and Rogue. High time for their return. But that requires large areas outside of big cities - and as most people seem to want buildings to climb and masses of people to stalk through I probably will not have horses. In that case, I want the homestead - the idea of it - recruiting different people that provide the background of the story and give you better abilities and equipment, and of course the community to fight for.

HOmestead missions were nice but i dont want them to be like AC3. They should offer you the chance of upgrades for free as a reward but i never liked the fact about AC 3 that you have to complete so many side missions just to get finally the holster. Ac 4 descision was better. either hunt or pay

similarly
02-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Wichking, I do agree that I liked AC4's decision to let you buy things you didn't want to take time scrounging for. I did that once when I couldn't find a white whale handy.

You know, one thing I saw a few people mention in regard to AC2 and ACU was about accents. Now, I found Ezio's accent in AC2 quite a bit over-the-top. It was comedic, verging on insulting. So I don't think they should have gone with faux-French accents. HOWEVER, it would have been cool if, instead of American and English accents, they had gone with actual French actors speaking English. I would have enjoyed that. I used to know a guy named Jean-Philippe, a French teacher here in Japan. It would have been awesome to give Arno HIS voice.

And could you imagine Jean Reno as Bellec? Lol.

wichking
02-15-2015, 02:02 PM
yea french accents would have been nice since in Ac 3 and rogue they make use of it. I dont like french at all however but it just fits tot he setting.
About ezio: i actually liked his synchro. It was abit commedic ye but it was the purpose. Also i liked it how they made the voice of him deeper the older he got.

YazX_
02-15-2015, 07:03 PM
AC3/4 Combat system

Lignjoslav
02-15-2015, 08:08 PM
AC3/4 Combat systemA guy who visited me yesterday asked if he could play a bit of ACU. He couldn't believe that there was no counter kill, human shield and other stuff.

I have to be mean to the devs: The thing I'd like back from the previous games is being able to play the game for more than half an hour without encountering a bug that forces you to reload a previous checkpoint. I've just replayed the first two sequences through progress tracker, which is just over an hour's worth of play. I got one instance of Arno getting stuck in midair (he made funny "swimming" moves as he was dangling, until the game itself decided that he was desynchronized) and later I had an NPC I was supposed to follow fall through a wall and, since that NPC was supposed to unlock a door a bit further, I had to reload.