PDA

View Full Version : Who was the best mentor of the Assassin Order?

Defalt221
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
I personally vote for Al Mualim. He taught Altair EVERYTHING about the Assassin's Creed. He planted the seeds of Assassin's Creed. He first invented the idea of stealth assassinations and espionage among assassins. Before he gave up his past beliefs and turned against the order.
Then I vote for Achilles (the old one in AC3. Not the annoying young guy). Despite being a weak leader,he's extremely wise in his old age.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Just an FYI, we had a thread or two like this already.

I would say Al Muslim, but he was a Templar. So my ultimate vote would go to Achilles. He was awesome :)

Hans684
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
The Mentor from The Fall

Perk89
02-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Al Mualim didn't bring stealth to the order. The assassins had been doing that for thousands of years. The only thing Al Mualim brought the Assassims was drugs.

id say Altair or Ezio and it's not close. Hard to dispute their track record and all versus the others.

RADAR__4077
02-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Why isn't Connor on the list?

Anyway, I vote Altair.

Not only did he overthrow Al Mualim and save the order from the Templars, he hunted down and killed all of the original Templars and provided leadership that continued even to Ezio's time.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Stealth and espionage has been around for like years.My choice is Altair's

Defalt221
02-12-2015, 06:37 PM
THAT MANY MIREBEAU VOTES? I'm shocked...

Hans684
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Why isn't Ah Tabai in the poll?

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Mirabeau was actually willing to aid a templar out of practicality and did not jump to conclusions.

Altair only aided Maria because she was hot.

That being said I voted Altair because Mirabeau was much too insignificant of a character for me to say is the best.

Achilles deserves no votes. He was an idiot and admitted it himself.

VestigialLlama4
02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Mirabeau was actually willing to aid a templar out of practicality and did not jump to conclusions.

He was a poor leader, who largely shouted and treated his fellow council members as idiots (they were idiots and in that case why he didn't fire or purge them or change the organization so they can get decent recruits I don't know) and pursued a private mission on his own (dealing with the French King) and left them to deal with his consequences when he died. Not very Mentor-like. Ezio and Altair built a Brotherhood that lasted after they died, Mirabeau turned the Assassins into a self-obsessed private cult obsessed with cool fire effects to adorn fallen Assassin tombs than doing something of relevance.

My favorite Mentor was Ah Tabai. He was kind, he gave people second chances, wasn't self-obsessed and actually cared about people and his own recruits. He had an awesome crop of students - James Kidd, Adewale, Edward Kenway, Achilles and many others. When he died, things started going south for the Assassins, even if he left Achilles and Adewale and the New World with an amazing support system.

Personally I think the concept of "Mentor" is fairly obsolete and the Assassins should work as a co-operative or experiment with "flat organization" a la Valve.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM
and left them to deal with his consequences when he died

Pretty sure he never planned on dying so....

Mirabeau turned the Assassins into a self-obsessed private cult obsessed with cool fire effects to adorn fallen Assassin tombs than doing something of relevance.

Nah, he just made them lie low during the french revolution. Which is wise considering the chaotic state Paris was in.

wvstolzing
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Was Mirabeau officially a 'mentor'?

What does that office amount to anyway?

The name implies some intellectual/idological guidance, and apart from Altair I don't see any of the other leader figures do that, at least not to the extent that he has.

emperior
02-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Are we joking? Mirabeau more votes than Ezio? The Italian re-built the brotherhood and strengthened it, so much that he was famous even among Chinese assassins. He also helped the Constantinople brotherhood.
He lived his life for the creed, rediscovering everything good Altair. If it wasn't for him, all the work of Altair would have been wasted. He was never manipulated by the Apple, he achieved immediately its power was too much to handle and protected it. He also makes WAY less mistakes than Altair in his life.
Also we saw more of Ezio and less of Altair. I know from the wiki that Altair did a way better and larger campaign to expand the creed around to world than Ezio though. He clearly made better things for the creed but this poll is about the best Mentor and for me its Ezio.

ze_topazio
02-12-2015, 08:02 PM

I would say Al Muslim, but he was a Templar. So my ultimate vote would go to Achilles. He was awesome :)

https://38.media.tumblr.com/a97cc59610d7d933bdc15dc739974938/tumblr_mqe025Giv31s9wqiao1_250.gif

Megas_Doux
02-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Altair.

Namikaze_17
02-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Altair.

This.

Altair1789
02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Mirabeau has that many votes? I'm surprised. I would've thought that Achilles or Ezio would get 2nd place to Alta´r

Perk89
02-13-2015, 01:43 AM
It's wrong that Ah Tabai isn't on this list as he's one of the best. I don't think you could reasonably dispute Altair or Ezio though given what they did. Mirabeau will get some votes from the Templar Hipsters but he logically has no business being over those two. Plus he and his order were really creepy and cult-like and stuff and that was weird.

VestigialLlama4
02-13-2015, 03:48 AM
Pretty sure he never planned on dying so....

He was old and he's an Assassin, meaning he should have known that death is always a possibility. He didn't leave any contingency plans or inform anybody else, "Hey guys, I have secretly been a stooge for the King the whole time."

Nah, he just made them lie low during the french revolution. Which is wise considering the chaotic state Paris was in.

So the Assassins shouldn't contribute and help people but just let people die? When the Bonfire of the Vanities happened in Florence or the Borgia ran Rome into the ground, Ezio and his Merry Men shut down their operation. When Genghis Khan put on his march, Altair took his family for a vacation to see Mongolia and had him killed.

Again, the Assassins were a pack of morons in UNITY, Ideally we should play Pierre Bellec and purge the Assassins and then go after the Templars while recruiting a newer less kid-friendly brotherhood in the process.

playlisting
02-13-2015, 05:04 AM

Took me a few minutes to realise you weren't talking about the Iliad

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 05:04 AM
Altair, of course. It's a no-brainer. =p

I'm surprise by the amount of votes for Ezio and Mirabeau. Was expecting the struggle to be between Al Maulim and Altair.

Defalt221
02-13-2015, 09:50 AM
He was a poor leader, who largely shouted and treated his fellow council members as idiots (they were idiots and in that case why he didn't fire or purge them or change the organization so they can get decent recruits I don't know) and pursued a private mission on his own (dealing with the French King) and left them to deal with his consequences when he died. Not very Mentor-like. Ezio and Altair built a Brotherhood that lasted after they died, Mirabeau turned the Assassins into a self-obsessed private cult obsessed with cool fire effects to adorn fallen Assassin tombs than doing something of relevance.

My favorite Mentor was Ah Tabai. He was kind, he gave people second chances, wasn't self-obsessed and actually cared about people and his own recruits. He had an awesome crop of students - James Kidd, Adewale, Edward Kenway, Achilles and many others. When he died, things started going south for the Assassins, even if he left Achilles and Adewale and the New World with an amazing support system.

Personally I think the concept of "Mentor" is fairly obsolete and the Assassins should work as a co-operative or experiment with "flat organization" a la Valve.

True. Mirebeau called the others idiots BECAUSE they didn't try to remove him despite knowing that it was the time when the Assassins were the STRONGEST and yet he let Templars out of harm just out of SHEER RESPECT,overlooking the goal of the Assassin Brotherhood.

Hans684
02-13-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree Mirebeau was a the wrong kind of Mentor after the coup against Franšois de la Serre and during the French Revolution but before that they had peace, they worked together with a common goal. It's the only attempted peace between the orders that comes the closest to their ultimate goal. The others did standard Templar killing(no peace attempt), rebuild(except Achilles) their order and gave it more power. They did more for the order than peace. Saved people from time to time but as said, they put their order first. Peace is more valuable than both orders.

Arid_OrchId
02-13-2015, 07:41 PM
i love Ah Tabai the most

Shahkulu101
02-14-2015, 01:31 AM

Altair Ibn La Terrorist

Perk89
02-14-2015, 01:34 AM
Altair Ibn La Terrorist

Man, whassamatter-with-you?

aL_____eX
02-14-2015, 01:40 AM
Altair Ibn La Terrorist
I laughed so loud although I shouldn't have.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-14-2015, 01:45 AM
GDI You guys. IT WAS AUTOCORRECT DX

Leave my typos alone ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

AL MUALIM

Altair1789
02-14-2015, 01:56 AM
In my opinion, Mirabeau was the worst mentor. Bellec was right, but too extreme. Mirabeau and the assassins could've wiped out the templars if they wanted

phoenix-force411
02-14-2015, 02:02 AM
I voted for Mirabeau. At least he tried so hard to keep the peace like Connor, who was trying to find unity between both sides. And I can't believe you didn't put in Connor!

Perk89
02-14-2015, 02:06 AM
In my opinion, Mirabeau was the worst mentor. Bellec was right, but too extreme. Mirabeau and the assassins could've wiped out the templars if they wanted

Spoilers.

I agree. Peace with the Templars at that point sounded nice, but it wasn't really practical in the sense that innocent people were paying the price for it. He crossed the line of course in that which is of course where he went wrong.

Frankly, as a character, Mirabeau was forgettable anyways. It took me forever to make the connection that the dead guy in the bed was the Assassin mentor.

Sabutto
02-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Ezio.

SixKeys
02-14-2015, 07:56 AM
LMAO @ Al Muslim & Alta´r Ibn La Terrorist

Hans684
02-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Peace is more valuable than any order.

pirate1802
02-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Where is Ahhh Tabai (my favourite) ? Beyond that I'd vote for Altair Ibn La Terrorist.

Shahkulu101
02-14-2015, 01:13 PM
A lot of people really like Ah Tabai. I find that quite surprising as I honestly barely noticed him in IV, but I'm going to keep an eye out for his qualities next time I replay ACIV.

VestigialLlama4
02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
A lot of people really like Ah Tabai. I find that quite surprising as I honestly barely noticed him in IV, but I'm going to keep an eye out for his qualities next time I replay ACIV.

That's precisely why he's a great Mentor. He's hands-off and only there when his students need him.

GunnerGalactico
02-14-2015, 02:56 PM
I voted Altair Ibn La Terrorist. :p

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Ezio and Altair.
We haven't really seen any true mentoring from the other Assassins.

I voted Altair Ibn La Terrorist. :p
Templar, please...

SixKeys
02-14-2015, 03:59 PM
I found Ah Tabai really forgettable. He didn't seem any different from Random Recruit #15.

Hans684
02-14-2015, 04:02 PM
As for who that did the most for the their order, then I'll vote Alta´r and Ezio.

GunnerGalactico
02-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Templar, please...

My apologies, I never meant to sound offensive.

Assassin_M
02-14-2015, 09:29 PM
No Ah Tabai, invalid poll.