PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Story?

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Should Ubisoft bring back the Modern Day story, and if so should they bring in a new character or continue with the floating tablet, aka 3rd person view. Or do you guys think the game is better without the Modern Day story?

I think we need a new character for the Modern Day story. Someone i can relate too. I dont want to play as myself. I play video games to escape myself. I want to be someone who's not me so i can escape reality.

Hans684
02-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Doubt it will happen.

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Doubt it will happen.

I know, but i just want to see what the community thinks about it.

pirate1802
02-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Get rid of it altogether. Or ship to a separate game *cough*Watch Dogs*cough*

I-Like-Pie45
02-12-2015, 07:04 AM
Modern day is dead and never coming back and it is because you made it this way.

king-hailz
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
The floating tablet is first person! I want a new character in third person (desmond)...

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 10:20 AM
The floating tablet is first person! I want a new character in third person (desmond)...

Well good thing i said it was the floating tablet thingy lol, if i can change the poll i would fix that :p

wildp1tch
02-12-2015, 10:39 AM
I want 3rd person MD back (Desmond style). But the idea of shipping it to watch dogs is fabulous too. This would be a possibility to expand MD beyond what is possible inside an AC title.

marvelfannumber
02-12-2015, 10:41 AM
I voted for 3rd person view and then realized it actually means 1st person view.

This poll is confusing!

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Hey mods, is there any way i can edit the poll? I screwed up on one of the options. I need it to say first person instead of third person.

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 10:43 AM
I voted for 3rd person view and then realized it actually means 1st person view.

This poll is confusing!

Yea sorry... I should probably start up another thread with the correction in it Y_Y

Locopells
02-12-2015, 11:51 AM
No need, I fixed it.

*bows*

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 01:07 PM
new protagonist (3rd person), but if you'll bring it back just to give it the same treatment it was given before then don't bother with it and get rid of it, I just don't want to be treated like an idiot anymore, it's clear as water that the MD still is "present" in this game just for the sake of it and because Ubisoft doesn't want to admit that they've screwed up with it (because the annual releases weren't supposed to affect the game's quality, right?!)...

The_Kiwi_
02-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Why is getting rid of Modern Day even an option?
AC is Modern Day

aL_____eX
02-12-2015, 02:19 PM
AC is Modern Day
YES

https://38.media.tumblr.com/147baaa676db14feaabfd12f24db0aac/tumblr_mwt1xuenZH1rlb6iho1_400.gif

Shahkulu101
02-12-2015, 02:23 PM
In a perfect world I'd have a fleshed out 3rd person narrative in the modern day and have the games effectively be two in one with a 50/50 split between MD/Historical.

In reality I think they should just drop it because they can't sustain a 3rd person narrative due to annual releases, a 'two in one' scenario is impossible and currently the only MD they can manage at this point truly isn't worth anyone's time.

Alphacos007
02-12-2015, 03:01 PM
AC is Modern Day

http://i.memeful.com/media/post/jRj3EAd_700wa_0.gif

Megas_Doux
02-12-2015, 03:19 PM
In a perfect world I'd have a fleshed out 3rd person narrative in the modern day and have the games effectively be two in one with a 50/50 split between MD/Historical.

In reality I think they should just drop it because they can't sustain a 3rd person narrative due to annual releases, a 'two in one' scenario is impossible and currently the only MD they can manage at this point truly isn't worth anyone's time.

And not only that, would you imagine a Modern AC, aka GUNS, with the current stealth mechanics, or at least the ones pre Unity......The mission in which you go to Abstergo is utterly cringe worthy.

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 03:56 PM

they can do that if instead of slow down the narrative in order to put out more games they advanced the story as they should*, finish it and then start another one, if instead of keep adding parallel plots without any subtlety to avoid questions that'll require an answer in the near future, they gave us subtle little hints as the on going plot advances that in the end will culminate into the setup for the next arc... everything to create a decent modern day story is there, they just need to have the will to do it...

*example: if ACB had continued to be the DLC it was supposed to be, the modern day sections of both games could've been done in a single game given the time we waste doing pointless things in both of them during the MD

Bastiaen
02-12-2015, 05:40 PM
It needs to come back, fuller and even better than it was with desmond.

Hans684
02-12-2015, 05:47 PM
I defiantly want it back but I'll expect more fillers like Unity before that. If they do take it away, then they should make AC's in MD only. I'd rather have two games and MD than one filler without it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-12-2015, 05:52 PM
I don't really care much about MD anymore, as long as they make it significant to the story overall and interesting nonetheless.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Let's go mass effect style.

Customizable characters.
Decision making.
Transferrable through games.
Conversation trees.

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Let's go mass effect style.

Customizable characters.
Decision making.
Transferrable through games.
Conversation trees.

Whoa... calm down there buddy. This is Ubisoft were talking about here. How can they do all that in just a year?

historagamer24
02-12-2015, 11:33 PM
I definitely want a PROPER modern day story, not that bull that was AC Unity's cut scene stuff and some pretty underwhelming Intel. Although I could take either a 3rd person new character like the Desmond stuff, or a first person mode like in Black Flag and Rouge. I just want a continuation of the modern day Assassin's vs Templars plus some interesting Intel on other eras/characters.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Whoa... calm down there buddy. This is Ubisoft were talking about here. How can they do all that in just a year?

I laughed and cried at the same time.

ShoryukenMan
02-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Bring it back.

Bring it all back.

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 11:46 PM
I laughed and cried at the same time.

Your welcome and I'm sorry?

RADAR__4077
02-12-2015, 11:47 PM
I would really like to see the return of full blown 3rd person md.

If they want to do another bs unity md, they might as well get rid of it all together.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 11:51 PM
I would really like to see the return of full blown 3rd person md.

If they want to do another bs unity md, they might as well get rid of it all together.

Unity had a modern day?

ba dum tsss

DemonLord4lf
02-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Looks like a lot of people want the MD storyline brought back with a new main character :D

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 06:00 AM
1st person MD club, woo!... Wait, if we're the floating tablet then doesn't that make it 3rd person? =p

1st person MD as a character who can interact and all that in AC1/R/IV/RO type setting is what I'd prefer. I'm an awful protagonist.

DemonLord4lf
02-13-2015, 06:02 AM
1st person MD club, woo!... Wait, if we're the floating tablet then doesn't that make it 3rd person? =p

1st person MD as a character who can interact and all that in AC1/R/IV/RO type setting is what I'd prefer. I'm an awful protagonist.

No you're just awful period :p

The_Kiwi_
02-13-2015, 08:45 AM
No you're just awful period :p

That means he is an "awful period"
Commas; they're important :rolleyes:

DemonLord4lf
02-13-2015, 08:47 AM
That means he is an "awful period"
Commas; they're important :rolleyes:

not when your Chaos :D

Exodusith
02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm fully behind a new modern day protagonist. Still holding out hope for it to be Galina. I'd also love if we could customise our own character ala Mass Effect etc.

The_Kiwi_
02-13-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm fully behind a new modern day protagonist. Still holding out hope for it to be Galina. I'd also love if we could customise our own character ala Mass Effect etc.

Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG
Everyone has to have to same character
It would break the established universe/lore otherwise

DemonLord4lf
02-13-2015, 06:38 PM

Yea, since Ubisoft has been doing such a great job of keeping it so simple and easy to understand >.>

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 11:20 PM
I actually dont care if it's first or third person (tho i personally prefer 3rd person)

as long as it's an actual character and not a blank slate

not necessarily.

it would only break logic if it was a customizable ancestor.

DumbGamerTag94
02-13-2015, 11:23 PM
I just posted on the multiple protags thread all the reasons MD does more harm than help to the plot and variety of AC. It must go.

Get rid of MD. Kill it with Fire!!!! If you insist on keeping it it will be the end if AC.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 11:25 PM
I say finish juno saga then drop MD.

It's sad though considering MD is the original purpose of the animus.

But now it's just an after thought

Hans684
02-13-2015, 11:44 PM
I'd rather have broken MD than fillers without it.

DumbGamerTag94
02-14-2015, 12:02 AM
I'd rather have broken MD than fillers without it.

The period setting stopped being filler with AC3 when Desmond died. Ever since theres been a reversal. The MD is now the filler for the period story. Proof: nothing if serious relevance has happened since Desmond died. Also any major points like sages, the sword of Eden, and the observatory were actually explained and fleshed out more in the past segments than in MD. No progress has been made in MD at all. Since AC3 it has served as little less than an explaination to search for a mcguffin. Which sometimes isn't even found and thus has no effect on MD.

Open your eyes. MD is now the filler. Filler is defined as irrelevant material added to stretch/maintain a plot/subplot while not actually contributing anything vital. And if that's not what MD has been for the last 3 games idk what you've been playing.

The_Kiwi_
02-14-2015, 12:44 AM
I won't buy any AC that has absolutely no MD

JustPlainQuirky
02-14-2015, 12:59 AM
I won't buy any AC that has absolutely no MD

why'd you buy Unity then?

Ba dum tssss

The_Kiwi_
02-14-2015, 03:55 AM
why'd you buy Unity then?

Ba dum tssss

It has cut scenes, which is better than nothing :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
02-14-2015, 05:03 AM
"cutscenes"

TexasCaesar
02-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Should Ubisoft bring back the Modern Day story, and if so should they bring in a new character or continue with the floating tablet, aka 3rd person view. Or do you guys think the game is better without the Modern Day story?

I think we need a new character for the Modern Day story. Someone i can relate too. I dont want to play as myself. I play video games to escape myself. I want to be someone who's not me so i can escape reality.

The floating tablet had potential, though I'd rather the first-person perspective stay with Far Cry, and the hacking stay with Watch_Dogs, so...

The problem with a modern day story is that either feels completely unnecessary, or it demands a resolution. And it's clear at this point that Ubisoft is going to ride the gravy train until it's boiler bursts and the train derails.

DemonLord4lf
02-20-2015, 08:32 AM
The floating tablet had potential, though I'd rather the first-person perspective stay with Far Cry, and the hacking stay with Watch_Dogs, so...

The problem with a modern day story is that either feels completely unnecessary, or it demands a resolution. And it's clear at this point that Ubisoft is going to ride the gravy train until it's boiler bursts and the train derails.

Yep, surprised someone dug this old post back up >.>

anyways, i hope they give the modern day story justice. If not then they should just put it out of its misery.

Domestico
02-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Modern day story for me was the glue that held the storyline going. Up until Black Flag it felt like one big story that was connected, these days I just feel like I'm playing small stand-alone stories with a few cosmetic tie-ins here and there. I really wish they would go big and set up a new modern day story, or at least something that connects the titles again like the whole Eden connection back in the days.

VoldR
02-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Aiden Pearce exploring more about the mysterious abstergo in the beginning then we change to another person new hero..

wildp1tch
02-20-2015, 02:30 PM
... and the hacking stay with Watch_Dogs

I call BS on this. Bishop and her friends are clearly hacking into Helix so hacking is already in AC.

Aiden Pearce exploring more about the mysterious abstergo in the beginning then we change to another person new hero.

Aiden Pearce? He's a dull avenger just like Elise. T-Bone would be perfect for the role.

I really think a merger between Watch Dogs and AC would have its merits. They could separate MD and historic into different games, thereby have a much more developed and richer MD experience.

Anyway, I'd love 3rd person MD back but, as some have mentioned here before, I'd rather have none at all, than the sorry excuse they have for it in Unity.

VoldR
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
I Aiden Pearce? He's a dull avenger just like Elise. T-Bone would be perfect for the role.

I really think a merger between Watch Dogs and AC would have its merits. They could separate MD and historic into different games, thereby have a much more developed and richer MD experience.
Hence the sudden change of character :)

it it has a great potential for the two stories to work together. A third party neither assassin or Templar. The every day people.

dxsxhxcx
02-20-2015, 03:36 PM
It has cut scenes, which is better than nothing :rolleyes:

as long as the animus HUD still exist, MD will always exist, you simply need to pretend that you're reliving "x" ancestor memories... at least this way they won't make us look like idiots creating a half-assed story just for the sake of it and saying that everything we did was pointless in the end (like they did in ACU).. pick the worst MD section of the Desmond saga and that'll probably be better than what we got in ACU...

DemonLord4lf
02-21-2015, 03:07 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/rage-face/but-why.jpg