PDA

View Full Version : Some Discussion About Assassin's Creed Would Be Nice!

playlisting
02-12-2015, 02:53 AM
Over the past few days (probably longer, I didn't look for a short while) this forum has been FILLED with people asking 'can I run Unity' or 'which settings can I run Unity' or complaining about a lost saved game that people here can't really do anything about. Can you run Unity? Check the system reqs and compare your PC to them, if you're above minimum, then congrats. Which settings can you run Unity at? Have a look at some benchmarks and see what your card is capable of. The forums seem to be filled with people asking about how their PC will cope, and it's not up to the AC community to tell you that. Look at benchmarks, read/watch some reviews and make up your own mind as opposed to people having to do all the thinking for you. Or if you wish, go over to Tom's Hardware's forums and ask your tech related questions there. They would probably be more than happy to help.

And please - if you have a bug - GO TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. That's what they get paid for.

Alphacos007
02-12-2015, 02:59 AM
The problem is that Ubi support takes days if not weeks to answer, while here they might get answers quickly. I don't see a problem with people asking things here, all I ask is for people to use the search button first, because there are tons of similar threads that could be all just one.

playlisting
02-12-2015, 03:28 AM
The problem is that Ubi support takes days if not weeks to answer, while here they might get answers quickly. I don't see a problem with people asking things here, all I ask is for people to use the search button first, because there are tons of similar threads that could be all just one.

I've submitted quite a few tickets to Ubi support and it's never taken them more than 2-4 days to answer, though I do agree with you on the last part. It wouldn't be so bad if it was consolidated into a few threads but there's a ridiculous amount of them. Once I logged in and came on the the AC forum there were only a small handful of threads actually about AC with the rest being tech questions.

wichking
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
You are one of the lucky guys if you get responses quickly. I myself have to wait 1 week or up 3 or more sometimes and that in the english support. Imagine the other countries waiting times cuz not everyone here is perfect in english. I tried once the german support and had to wait one month for a response.
So let the ppl ask their questions. if you dont like them just ignore them. Shouldnt bother you much

strigoi1958
02-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Most of the discussions about AC are on the console forum, there are lots of PC players over there just for the discussions, which are very varied and quite interesting... it's a shame really that this PC section is all but dead.. there are a few off us holding the coffin lid up while they try to nail it shut ;) but in reality the regular posters are fewer than 50 of us... and maybe less than 40. The rest are people who need help or hope to find better answers here.... they post up to 10 or 12 times and go... After that there are the people who feel they have to get some revenge for some obscure reason and come here to rant, sometimes irrationally and cannot debate without seeing any opposing opinion to their own as an outrage that deserves a personal attack :(

Although some are great at banter and putting their views over in a more civil way.

I try to start a few threads like the NPC's thread because I think a lot of people have noticed the things they do.... and maybe it will make others see the details we normally overlook. But I'm not sure many people are happy enough to appreciate Unity enough to post a discussion.

playlisting
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
You are one of the lucky guys if you get responses quickly. I myself have to wait 1 week or up 3 or more sometimes and that in the english support. Imagine the other countries waiting times cuz not everyone here is perfect in english. I tried once the german support and had to wait one month for a response.
So let the ppl ask their questions. if you dont like them just ignore them. Shouldnt bother you much

Last night while on the forums there was only 4-5 threads out of the 15-20 that are on the front page actually about AC. A lot of the time it's someone asking something quite frankly ridiculous. I seen one here recently and they had a very low end AMD GPU and a poor, low powered CPU. If they'd have read any reviews at all, they'd of known that Unity is difficult to run and that their PC certainly couldn't do it. Instead they posted, making others do the legwork for them. Then there's the other end of the scale, where people are posting with quad core i5s and high tier GPUs asking if they can run it. Well obviously they can run it. I seen one here with a GTX 970. There are a HUGE amount of benchmarks for Unity on that card. There's even an analysis over on Digital Foundry's Channel with that exact card. If they'd dig just a little bit for info, they wouldn't have had to post. There's some genuine ones, for example someone recently posted with a GTX 750, which is kind of in the middle and there aren't many benches for it - so it makes sense to ask. The forums are getting bombarded with questions that could easily be solved with 5 minutes of research. That's what's frustrating.

Most of the discussions about AC are on the console forum, there are lots of PC players over there just for the discussions, which are very varied and quite interesting... it's a shame really that this PC section is all but dead.. there are a few off us holding the coffin lid up while they try to nail it shut ;) but in reality the regular posters are fewer than 50 of us... and maybe less than 40. The rest are people who need help or hope to find better answers here.... they post up to 10 or 12 times and go... After that there are the people who feel they have to get some revenge for some obscure reason and come here to rant, sometimes irrationally and cannot debate without seeing any opposing opinion to their own as an outrage that deserves a personal attack :(

Although some are great at banter and putting their views over in a more civil way.

I try to start a few threads like the NPC's thread because I think a lot of people have noticed the things they do.... and maybe it will make others see the details we normally overlook. But I'm not sure many people are happy enough to appreciate Unity enough to post a discussion.

I visit the console forums a bit, only problem there is there's so many people the thread you posted in is lost 2 hours afterwards, so it's kind of difficult to get some lasting discussion going unless it's a really popular topic. The PC side was smaller and more relaxed. Threads lasted for 2-3 days instead of 2-3 hours. Kind of like when Assassin's Creed 4 was launched.

ACE7492
02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
It's just a crazy idea, but if you wish to truly have inspired conversations about the game, maybe you should start one. There are enough opinions to go around on this forum from what I've read.

wichking
02-12-2015, 07:22 PM
I understand your frustration. But thats the point. you dont have to help them if the questions are " out of space". ABout discussions: start a topic you would like to discus. Iam sure enough ppl would gladly join it.

NightmareGK13
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
I've submitted quite a few tickets to Ubi support and it's never taken them more than 2-4 days to answer, though I do agree with you on the last part. It wouldn't be so bad if it was consolidated into a few threads but there's a ridiculous amount of them. Once I logged in and came on the the AC forum there were only a small handful of threads actually about AC with the rest being tech questions.

Lucky you then

I have tickets open since 22nd of January still waiting resolution...

strigoi1958
02-12-2015, 11:39 PM
well we're starting a discussion her now ;) I think the reason the console posts go quickly is... there are more online at the same time. So you need to refresh the page often and post quickly but here we can post and come back a day later.... plus on the console section they do not have different system configurations so they do not post questions about that.

But Playlisting I have heard you and in respect for your request I will try to start 1 thread per week and respond to all discussions ;) maybe we can resuscitate the pc side

playlisting
02-13-2015, 06:28 AM
But Playlisting I have heard you and in respect for your request I will try to start 1 thread per week and respond to all discussions ;) maybe we can resuscitate the pc side

Here's hoping :D I appreciate it man. I'll do my best to contribute and start threads if I have subjects to discuss :)