PDA

View Full Version : New info in the AC movie

Alphacos007
02-12-2015, 01:41 AM
As said today is the livestream:

A brand new setting was confirmed
The filming starts this year
Modern story is very important
They won't be rehashing anything they've done previously as it would most likely ruin that character/setting for the fans, as it wouldn't be what they know and love.

Hear it for yourself here (http://www.twitch.tv/assassinscreed/v/3778518).

It's looking good :cool:

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Modern story is very important

So important that was practically removed from the games.. (the place where it should matter most) :rolleyes:

at least they took the correct approach by not focusing on previously established characters...

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 02:11 AM
It is going to be trash just as 99% of videogame-based movies.

wvstolzing
02-12-2015, 02:18 AM
If the film is bad enough, they might finally put the franchise to rest, and do more interesting historical adventures, with the artistic talent that they already have.

If it's half-good, though ... that means AC will be dragged on, to god knows what absurd lengths.

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 02:26 AM
If the film is bad enough, they might finally put the franchise to rest, and do more interesting historical adventures, with the artistic talent that they already have.

If it's half-good, though ... that means AC will be dragged on, to god knows what absurd lengths.

I doubt the movie will have any effect on that, if they screw up with it I think they'll just stop any plans they had to make other movies.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 02:28 AM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mpfjJwexXIw/hqdefault.jpg

This is Ubisoft we're talking about.

They know just slapping the title AC will at least sell 1 million copies. And I highly doubt they're going to sacrifice chances of earning money in order to improve their quality.

If that was the case the annualization formula would have been dropped.

wvstolzing
02-12-2015, 02:37 AM
I'm obviously talking out of my rear end here, but I imagine the cost of making the film will be quite a bit higher than that of the games, and it'll be advertised to a larger audience -- so if it tanks at the 'box office', not only will it be a financial blow, but a tarnish -- in their eyes -- on the 'brand name'.

That's why I think a failed movie might bring the franchise to an end -- but as I said, I'm talking out of ignorance, here. I've no idea how these things (or things in general) work.

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 02:39 AM
Tons of popular game franchises have movies and the lackluster performance hardly effects the games.

And AC is much too large of a franchise to shut down. It's up there with Mario and Call of Duty.

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 02:40 AM
I'm obviously talking out of my rear end here, but I imagine the cost of making the film will be quite a bit higher than that of the games, and it'll be advertised to a larger audience -- so if it tanks at the 'box office', not only will it be a financial blow, but a tarnish -- in their eyes -- on the 'brand name'.

That's why I think a failed movie might bring the franchise to an end -- but as I said, I'm talking out of ignorance, here. I've no idea how these things (or things in general) work.

a 9% drop on their stock price and ACU's reception tell me they have already achieved that with Unity...

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 02:42 AM
I agree. If anything, Unity was the biggest wake up call yet.

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 02:46 AM
I agree. If anything, Unity was the biggest wake up call yet.

if they are smart enough they'll take the next year off and use the hype that'll come from it to boost the sales of the 2016's title, and then after that they'll start releasing ACs every 2 years...

JustPlainQuirky
02-12-2015, 02:48 AM
if they are smart enough they'll take the next year off and use the hype that'll come from it to boost the sales of the 2016's title, and then after that they'll start releasing ACs every 2 years...

The higher ups wont allow it.

Alphacos007
02-12-2015, 02:57 AM
It is going to be trash just as 99% of videogame-based movies.

I seriously hope not. The Price of Persia film was somewhat decent, and the live action "movie" with Giovanni for AC2 was quite good, I believe they can do something nice.
One can't argue with the facts though, I am yet to see a good movie from a videogame.

DemonLord4lf
02-12-2015, 06:08 AM
Hopefully, they'll realize they can get more money by taking their time with these games and stop doing annual releases. A lot of us are to blame for them doing that. I know I am. I loved being able to get a new AC game every year. After Unity, I've come to realize that I need to be patient and wait for the game to be truly finished. A good game can actually be hyped better by making gamers wait a year or two for it to come out. We'll be drooling so badly, that we'll form lines in front of our local game stores to get the game when it comes out. Which will mean more money for the company. AC is a game thats so well known that people aren't going to forget about it if there isn't a game that comes out every year. Slow down and work on the games you have out. I'm going to save judgement on Victory until it comes out or, if i'm uber lucky, see it at E3.

The_Kiwi_
02-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Any news on the supposed Spanish setting and the role that Fassbender will play?

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2015, 02:23 PM
The higher ups wont allow it.

I know and I hope this cost them another drop of their stock price to see if they learn their lesson the hard(er) way since numbers seem to be the only language they speak..

Mr_Shade
02-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Time will tell - however - I have faith.. ;)

The_Kiwi_
02-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Time will tell - however - I have faith.. ;)

Now why does this make me think that you have a role in making the film :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
02-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Written, starring and directed by Mr Shade. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
02-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Oscar winner Marion Cotillard has been revealed to have a role in the upcoming AC movie :

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/02/13/report-marion-cotillard-for-assassins-creed-movie.aspx?utm_content=bufferc4ec8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They seem to be assembling quite the cast.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm really concerned with this movie.

I found AC lineage INCREDIBLY cheesy as the dark tone from the games did not translate well to the big screen at all.

Also the special effects and choreography were laughable.

It really needs to have on-point presentation for it to even be considered alright let alone good or masterpiece.

There's also the issue of balancing exposition and delivery.

Too serious and it's awkward. Too lighthearted and well....it's silly.

Shahkulu101
02-13-2015, 11:09 PM
I'm really concerned with this movie.

I found AC lineage INCREDIBLY cheesy as the dark tone from the games did not translate well to the big screen at all.

Also the special effects and choreography were laughable.

It really needs to have on-point presentation for it to even be considered alright let alone good or masterpiece.

Well if Fass and the oscar winning actress are in on it they must be interested in the material and script. And they're both respectable actors. I really wonder who's writing it, actually.

Production quality will be much better than Lineage. Lineage was a small side project and this is a full blown movie, they'll go big with the budget - it'll look and sound very nice no doubt.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 11:11 PM
The modern day might be weird.

We'll be having another uninteresting desmond.

And I'm willing to bed in order to make it easy to understand for the wide movie audience,
we'll be having ourselves an outright evil templar villain.

aL_____eX
02-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Well if Fass and the oscar winning actress are in on it they must be interested in the material and script. And they're both respectable actors. I really wonder who's writing it, actually.

Production quality will be much better than Lineage. Lineage was a small side project and this is a full blown movie, they'll go big with the budget - it'll look and sound very nice no doubt.
Christopher Nolan would be awesome. I hope it turns out good although I really don't like Marion Cotillard as an actress.

Shahkulu101
02-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Christopher Nolan would be awesome. I hope it turns out good although I really don't like Marion Cotillard as an actress.

Would be cool if it was Corey May actually, but that's pretty damn unlikely.

wvstolzing
02-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Oscar winner Marion Cotillard has been revealed to have a role in the upcoming AC movie :

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/02/13/report-marion-cotillard-for-assassins-creed-movie.aspx?utm_content=bufferc4ec8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They seem to be assembling quite the cast.

Speaking of Marion Cotillard, this is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGoRNg3qSH0

Shahkulu101
02-14-2015, 12:22 AM
Haha, brilliant. :p

CeeJay Reilly
02-14-2015, 01:04 AM
I love Marion! this makes me happy that shes been cast

Perk89
02-14-2015, 01:20 AM
So when is Ubisoft going to approach this forum about being extras in the film

this is my big break

Alphacos007
02-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Haha, I'd love to be an extra in the movie, I'd do it for free without thinking twice, as long as the filming was not too far away, otherwise the tickets to get there would be too expensive :rolleyes:

Ureh
02-14-2015, 03:36 AM
It's gonna look very pretty, that's for sure. The Prince of Persia movie looks stunning so imagine what they're gonna do with this one.

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Marion Cotillard is wonderful. I wonder if she'll play a modern day or historical character, or perhaps, Juno!
I mean she's beautiful and she also has that cold look that suits Juno.

ze_topazio
02-14-2015, 03:38 PM
I have no idea who that Marion Cotillard is, but then, until he was associated with AC I didn't knew the Fassbender dude either.

Hans684
02-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Is there going to be microtransaction and DLC for or in the movie?

wvstolzing
02-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Is there going to be microtransaction and DLC for or in the movie?

Yes; only half the image will be projected onto the screen; for the other half you'll have to hold up your mobile phone, and log in to uplay's streaming service.

You'll have to make sure you get the alignment right, though.

emperior
02-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Hopefully they get the beaked hood right. I hope they will wire it to make it like in the games. Batman films have really done justice to its costume so I hope AC does the same.
I hope the robes will look good, also the hidden blade must be done well.

SixKeys
02-14-2015, 06:48 PM
The hidden blade won't be so hard to do. Many fans/cosplayers have managed to make a simple replica look good.

VestigialLlama4
02-14-2015, 07:26 PM
The problem is that from the sound of things the film-makers are making a movie that's more about the Animus and Genetic Memory (Fassbender says he was interested in that concept) than the historical stuff or the Assassin tenets and the like.

The big problems with making a movie about Assassin's Creed is that it mashes several concepts and ideas that individually can make a movie of its own:
1) The historical Asasiyun(The Hashashin) or the creed "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
2) The Genetic Memory/Pseudoscience and the Conspiracy Lore
3) The First Civ Stuff
4) The whole "Everything is Connected" element of history

Ideally, they should have made a straight historical film about the Asasiyun, they should set it in the Crusades and show the original Assassins since that would introduce moviegoers to the concept and the secret societies and its based on a solid historical backdrop. If that is successful, they can do a sequel that goes from there, basically follow the logic of the games. The first story put out in the Franchise is always the purest and safest to adapt because its the foundation for everything, that's why Joss Whedon's THE AVENGERS took the plot of the first Avengers comic (Loki's schenanigans bring a group together).

Alphacos007
02-14-2015, 07:51 PM
The problem is that from the sound of things the film-makers are making a movie that's more about the Animus and Genetic Memory (Fassbender says he was interested in that concept) than the historical stuff or the Assassin tenets and the like.

The big problems with making a movie about Assassin's Creed is that it mashes several concepts and ideas that individually can make a movie of its own:
1) The historical Asasiyun(The Hashashin) or the creed "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
2) The Genetic Memory/Pseudoscience and the Conspiracy Lore
3) The First Civ Stuff
4) The whole "Everything is Connected" element of history

Ideally, they should have made a straight historical film about the Asasiyun, they should set it in the Crusades and show the original Assassins since that would introduce moviegoers to the concept and the secret societies and its based on a solid historical backdrop. If that is successful, they can do a sequel that goes from there, basically follow the logic of the games. The first story put out in the Franchise is always the purest and safest to adapt because its the foundation for everything, that's why Joss Whedon's THE AVENGERS took the plot of the first Avengers comic (Loki's schenanigans bring a group together).

Actually, if it had to be only modern day or only past day, I'd be much more interested in modern. Second, the first AC game didn't go for a safe plot at all, actually it has one of the most complex plots of the franchise. Unity is the one who went for a safe heaven.

The_Kiwi_
02-14-2015, 10:33 PM
The hidden blade won't be so hard to do. Many fans/cosplayers have managed to make a simple replica look good.

The problem with the hidden blade is that it is mechanically impossible; it can't exist as it does in the game
The film makers will either have to make two, one that retracts by itself and one that extends by itself, and use them in two different shots, or use CGI
I'd prefer the former, because a CGI hidden blade will end up looking like Wolverine's claws from X-Men Origins IMO

Farlander1991
02-14-2015, 10:49 PM
The problem with the hidden blade is that it is mechanically impossible; it can't exist as it does in the game

You do know that people have made gravity controlled, both ways, Hidden blade?
Like this one, for example, though I remember seeing some better ones. There's not that many of them as it's harder to make them :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WBIzjmjA4

Though I don't see why the movies couldn't use the more widely met string design. And is there a reason to believe blades in games are not string based? (considering there was concept art with string?)

Alphacos007
02-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes, I saw a ton of fan made hidden blades that could come and go without using strings. It can easily be made, specially with movie-grade budget, you can get a professional one done in a day. I'm not good with mechanic so I don't think I could make a mechanic one, which would be the "real" ones, but I can easily make an electronic one and no one will notice the difference because the electronic circuits that would make it go in or out would be completely hidden.

wvstolzing
02-15-2015, 12:27 AM
The problem with the hidden blade is that it is mechanically impossible

Things like that haven't hindered filmmakers since c. 1915

The_Kiwi_
02-15-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm still right
They can't exist the way they do in the game
They're mechanically impossible