PDA

View Full Version : About Assassin's Creed Collectibles, Ubi...

phoenix-force411
02-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Ubisoft, I would suggest that you die down the amount and type of collectibles within the AC games, because with such buggy games as of late it only takes just 1 bugged collectible to screw you over 100% completion. I was worried the whole time when collecting anything in Unity, because that game takes so long to complete for 99% completion and I think I would have snapped Unity in half if a collectible did bug. Also, get rid of the need to use external applications to achieve 100% completion, because I should be able to complete 100% of the game without the need to connect to anything.

MenocidiX
02-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Yep, agreed.

Alphacos007
02-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Yep, agreed.

^^^

playlisting
02-12-2015, 06:17 AM
+1. They put WAY to many collectibles in. I'd say there should be no more than 20 or so of each collectible. I'm playing through Assassin's Creed 2 and the amount of chests is just ludicrous. I don't think that many people would put a box full of money on the roof. I don't mind smaller ones (the statuettes and such) but the feathers/Borgia flags/Animus fragments and so on are everywhere and aren't interesting at all to collect. It's nothing more than fluff to make the game feel like it lasts longer. AC games are always pretty, so maybe they should put chests or collectibles in places where the game is at it's prettiest. For example atop of the Notre Dame or the Santa Maria del Fiore. Perhaps even at the top of a waterfall (if the setting permits) or by some other place that looks out over the horizon.

In short: Make collectibles rewarding to find and put them in interesting places - don't just place loads of them everywhere.

historagamer24
02-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Seconded, it felt like someone took a box of collectables and dumped it over the map, and I swear to god Victory better tone it the **** down on the chests or at least make it worth my time instead of me running around for something like 200 in currency.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 12:05 AM
amen

how about some missions with cutscenes instead?

aL_____eX
02-13-2015, 12:15 AM
To be honest collectibles are a huge part of the AC experience for me. It has been like that since AC1 and I wouldn't want them to remove collectibles. One can argue about the excessive use of collectibles of course.

JustPlainQuirky
02-13-2015, 12:16 AM
I also would like the collectables to make sense.

The feathers in AC2 made sense.

The chalices in AC3 made sense.

Why am I collecting floating hats in Dead Kings?

phoenix-force411
02-13-2015, 12:23 AM
I also would like the collectables to make sense.

The feathers in AC2 made sense.

The chalices in AC3 made sense.

Why am I collecting floating hats in Dead Kings?
Would rather collect Haytham's Taco hat.

playlisting
02-14-2015, 06:44 AM
To be honest collectibles are a huge part of the AC experience for me. It has been like that since AC1 and I wouldn't want them to remove collectibles. One can argue about the excessive use of collectibles of course.

Interesting. Why do you feel they're so important? I don't mind maybe 30-40 collectibles throughout the world, but the 100 plus they have in now is far too much in my opinion. It doesn't feel rewarding when you find one and going for all of them is a frustrating grind. I'd much prefer them to spend time adding more gameplay (perhaps more elaborate assassination missions or longer story missions) than spending hours plonking chests everywhere :P

CJReilly
02-14-2015, 07:06 AM
I like the collectables! its nice to take some time out and practice your parkour and collect stuff while doing it but I know what you guys mean about them making more sense.
The only collectable I wont stand for is companion chests/missions or anything that you need an app for! needing the app to get 100% is a bloody joke :mad:

Sabutto
02-14-2015, 07:31 AM
I actually enjoy taking my time collecting each and every collectible. I get to enjoy the world im in more roam around the world and fun with the parkour system and what not Every-time i replay all my AC games i collect all collectibles in each of them. I guess it's just the way you see them, if you see them as a chore then I guess youd want it out