PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update: Upcoming Fixes & Features

RetiredRonin
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Howdy riders!

It seems like I just did one of these, but that’s not a bad thing as it means we’re finalizing a new update for Trials Fusion to address some issues and update some features. This update is entering the final testing and validation stages before release. We’ll have full patch notes for this update a bit closer to release but we thought now would be a good time to let you know a few of the things you can expect to see.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/dev%20update_news_193775.jpg

First, let’s talk about Online MP; players have found a bug that can occasionally cause the finish line to not register as being crossed. This issue will be fixed in the next update along with performance improvements and additional fixes.

Second on the list; we are going to start rolling out select single player tracks into Online MP. With this update single lane tracks will only be available in Private Matches but we plan to expand them to Public MP in a future update. As stated in this thread, single lane tracks will not be available for Online Multiplayer on Xbox 360.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/DU1-Screen1_193777.jpg

Finally, Track Central is being updated. Top Rated 48hr, Month and All Time feeds are making a return, as well as some other changes you will notice. We’ll continue to look at ways to improve player experience on custom tracks so expect to see more changes to TC in future.

Stay tuned for more information!

-Shifty

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/DU1-Screen2_193778.jpg

Inquisitor_FIN
02-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Thank you for bringing back the Top Rated feeds! They make browsing TC for gems that much easier :)

attila-999
02-11-2015, 05:45 PM
still good news, it smells good!

IImayneII
02-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Looking good, and nice to see some communication :D

I hope most mp issues will be fixed in this patch so I can upload my mp tracks finally!

And regarding the all time top rated feed...please make a filter or something so it's not riddled with ninja tracks like in evo gold.

attila-999
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
everything is very good !

there-he has a chance to see the return of the flag next to the Gamertag?
Is that expected?

.... One day

ObeseSpectator
02-11-2015, 07:04 PM
In regards to point two, does
we are going to start rolling out select single player tracks into Online MP mean that only certain tracks can be played in private matches or is this private online feature inclusive to all published and non-published single lane tracks? Either way, I appreciate the effort to make track central even better.

lxoblivianxl
02-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Good news all round, certainly looking forward to single lane multiplayer :)

En0-
02-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I hope most mp issues will be fixed in this patch so I can upload my mp tracks finally!

Hello,

It's important to set expectations right and I don't want to disappoint you but we didn't touch anything related to the editor and it's not in our plans. :-(
"our tools are your tools" and also the limitations that come with them.
So, my best advice for you would be to not count on it and modify your tracks according to the current feature set :)

Cheers,

Rudemod 69
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Good news.

IImayneII
02-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Hello,

It's important to set expectations right and I don't want to disappoint you but we didn't touch anything related to the editor and it's not in our plans. :-(
"our tools are your tools" and also the limitations that come with them.
So, my best advice for you would be to not count on it and modify your tracks according to the current feature set :)

Cheers,

I'm guessing you maybe misunderstood what I meant, because I talked to 2witchy recently and he confirmed to me some things are fixed (altough they may not be in this patch). And I don't care about the limitation, I could kinda work around that, altough workarounds brings alot more logic with it and I don't see how that wouldn't just slow performance anyway.

But currently playing a xsupercross track on TC acts completely different in logic than playing it in the editor/private. So if there are really no plans at fixing some things, at least I would like to have the xsupercross tracks to behave consistently over the different modes.
For example: headlights don't work in editor/private but are automatically on when playing from TC while there is no way of turning them off there since the option is gone in the editor. I have a track where I just don't want any headlights on because it wasnt designed for that and only realised they where on in TC after the track was build. (to be clear, I already relayed this problem to 2witchy)

funktastic-
02-12-2015, 12:26 AM
I have been trying always to make sure my x cross track will perform as it suppose to by private and the editor , sad news to hear that when i upload it it could all just go to pot. Guess i will just have to glue my fingers crossed.

Great news about the tc feeds , worried tho that it will just end up like the track of the week feed , and ninja and extreme just clogging them all up whilst also glogging up the track of the week. this would drive me nuts. good stuff still though as anything new is appreciated and it might not workout like that i hope.

Single lane mp , whilst i havent played it before in which playing by your self against someone elses shadow seems alittle of a lonely game to me but i shall have a go and you never know it might appeal. To be honest it remind me of mario and when the ghost came past or was in front it always did my nut in. Looks so odd but again i havent played it so cant really say to much. still something new to the game which is always good

good stuff tho , so much being done lately , your like the buses , wait for one for ages then 3 come along at once. well the last time i got a bus many many moons ago anyway:)

VEGASTRASH
02-12-2015, 01:48 AM
I have been trying always to make sure my x cross track will perform as it suppose to by private and the editor , sad news to hear that when i upload it it could all just go to pot. Guess i will just have to glue my fingers crossed.

Great news about the tc feeds , worried tho that it will just end up like the track of the week feed , and ninja and extreme just clogging them all up whilst also glogging up the track of the week. this would drive me nuts. good stuff still though as anything new is appreciated and it might not workout like that i hope.

Track central will always be the same without a moderator. Since Evo, it's been needed. With all the loyal fans over the year, I'm sure many would do it for free.
You need a feed for legitimate tracks, one for challenges, one for ninjas. A track should meet a few criteria, before being approved for the Trials Track feed. If it were laid out this way, you'd have people trying to learn and improve design, rather than just throw up any rancid creation.

The new features for Fusion are good, especially the 48 hour feed. I'm not sure why Fusion was developed in a backwards way though. Instead of taking Evo and improving upon it, many features were taken away, then put back in 10 months later. This is an improvement for Fusion, but not for Trials...as these features for single lane MP and the different TC feeds were already in Evo from almost 2 years ago.

The additional MP lanes and always first lane view are great. MP needs tracks...I'm not sure how difficult it is to code and put the Uplay MP picks in the feed...but this would really help MP. Then you just need to teach 95% of people on the ps4 how to play Trials.

Its good to see continual improvement though. 40k people have tried MP on the PS4, this is about 6% of people who own Trials on the PS4. This is the one huge drawback in waiting to release a MP. The initial base is gone. Honestly, it's more than I expected and I do enjoy crushing noobs on it. I feel it's actually better than Evo's MP for supercross.

RetiredRonin
02-12-2015, 03:59 AM
If there are 20k tracks, and a moderator spends 1 minute on a track, we're looking at 40 days of 8 hour shifts (with no breaks) just to moderate those 20k tracks.

If there were ten people working on this 2 hours a day, that's 16 days to get through 20,000 tracks if they play a new track every minute for those 2 hours straight.

This does not take into account whatever time would be needed to move tracks from a feed or designate a feed for the tracks.

This also does not take into account the subjective nature of track rating. I've seen people, yourself included, state that tracks that have been selected for RedLynx Picks and Uplay Recommended are no good. How could we get ten people (on just one platform) to come to a consensus over the worth of a track that someone else who bought the game has made? How would you get those ten people to act fair to all tracks 100% of the time? No, I'm not saying that anyone would decide to treat someone unfairly, but human nature is what it is, and there would be times where two tracks with the same aspects would be labeled differently.

Personally, I don't find moderating Track Central to this degree a feasible endeavor. It's a whole lot of work, and to me it goes against the open nature that Track Central is all about.

That being said, there are more things to come.

PS: nothing in my post was a dig at you. There have been disagreements about RLP and UR tracks from the group at RedLynx that selects them as, so it was in no way supposed to be taken as a pointed statement. Sorry if it reads that way.

En0-
02-12-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm guessing you maybe misunderstood what I meant, because I talked to 2witchy recently and he confirmed to me some things are fixed (altough they may not be in this patch). And I don't care about the limitation, I could kinda work around that, altough workarounds brings alot more logic with it and I don't see how that wouldn't just slow performance anyway.

But currently playing a xsupercross track on TC acts completely different in logic than playing it in the editor/private. So if there are really no plans at fixing some things, at least I would like to have the xsupercross tracks to behave consistently over the different modes.
For example: headlights don't work in editor/private but are automatically on when playing from TC while there is no way of turning them off there since the option is gone in the editor. I have a track where I just don't want any headlights on because it wasnt designed for that and only realised they where on in TC after the track was build. (to be clear, I already relayed this problem to 2witchy)

Hello,

In TC, they behave as a Trials Track. In the editor and in private mode, they behave as XSX tracks.
It's not a matter of luck, just be aware of the limitation of the XSX mode and don't use what is not supported.
The one that matters is the XSX one.

I'll check if we can change the behaviour in TC but it's not a high priority for now.

Cheers,

TeriXeri
02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
It's not a matter of luck, just be aware of the limitation of the XSX mode and don't use what is not supported.

People who have not spend a lot of time on the XSX editor will not know what will work and what not as there is no official documentation beside bug reports.

Now it sounds more like it's not bugs?
-No Reset on : Checkpoint/Trigger/Event/State on anything with an Enable checkbox.
-Force + bombs + physics behaving completely different in a bad way.
-No bike selection/limitation (while the ingame XSX tracks removed the panda somehow on a few tracks).

I'm fine with knowing what is intended and what not but right now a lot of people will likely get annoyed if they don't expect/know those changes.

People could get confused so much they probably stop building altogether if they are just starting out which is a shame, as new builders are rare.

---

On the subject of the other changes, I agree the all-time feed is a thin line between becoming an all ninja feed (On evo gold it had a majority of ninjas & even down the stairs...) I read there are more plans for ninjas, and I hope this is one of the points to be aware of.

Also reading about a monthly feed/all time, will there be new search filters to search on track age? (Example 1,3,6 months)

Monthly feed will definately help me finding tracks easier for videos.

Ozy Be
02-12-2015, 12:16 PM
:DGreat news, thanks for the Update update:)

we are going to start rolling out select single player tracks into Online MP. single lane tracks will only be available in Private Matches
If only in private, will UGC tracks be available from favorites?

Also are the screens you posted just mock-ups or Screencaps of gameplay?
The reason I ask is the absence of the Dot and GT above ghosts heads...
If we have 7(?) ghosts to race against and there is no indication (apart from the position table top left) as to who it is you are close to, (for me) it will be lacking an important part of the experience.

Huge thanks for all your efforts though,
Great to see Fusion growing and improving,
And to see Devs listening to your community is awesome:)
Cheers...

IImayneII
02-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Hello,

In TC, they behave as a Trials Track. In the editor and in private mode, they behave as XSX tracks.
The one that matters is the XSX one.

I'll check if we can change the behaviour in TC but it's not a high priority for now.

Cheers,

yes, I know how they work in the different modes. But like I said, I talked about this with 2witchy trough PM so I'm not going to quote what he exactly said but in general he confirmed to me that the issues raised in my editor thread will be fixed. So I don't know, maybe there went something wrong with the communication on this and you don't know someone is actually working on it?

En0-
02-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks, I'll check with DJ :) I am also discussing with engineers to see what we can do.

Cheers,

Lukeyy19
02-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the update guys, quick question though Shifty, when you say
We are going to start rolling out select single player tracks into Online MP. What do you mean? Is it just going to be specific main game tracks that have been chosen by Redlynx that will be available to play MP or are custom trials tracks going to be available as long as they fit certain criteria in relation to complexity/tools used etc?

En0-
02-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks, I'll check with DJ :) I am also discussing with engineers to see what we can do.

Cheers,

So, I discussed with engineers. The reason why the XSX tracks behave as Trials tracks in Track Central is to be able to have replays from the leaderboard. (if we make it behave as XSX, there is no replay).

For the headlight, we'll see to disable it for XSX tracks played from Track Central, that will help to be closer from the initial design.

Cheers,

VEGASTRASH
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Shifty: I agree that what tracks are worthy is somewhat subjective, at least for a Uplay pick. I'm speaking about tracks that meet a criteria...always visible driveline, attempt at decor or a style, over 18 seconds, etc...similar to contest criteria. If a track meets these, it goes in the Trials feed. It would have nothing to do with opinions.
I'm not suggesting someone go through the 35k tracks already up there. If there were just a few mods per platform, it would take minimal time to regulate tracks. Think of the time many spend on TC and the forums. The guys who moderate the forums for free. Certainly, having a few people moderate TC would not be a big undertaking. You could probably view 40 tracks an hour. Assign certain mods difficulty levels. With the number of tracks produced today, it wouldn't take long to do.
This is the biggest issue with track central. People put anything up because a simple one checkpoint "track" can rate high with minimal creativity or time spent on making it.
I know this won't be done, but the mods for TC would be a huge help in filtering all the crap. Sure, you'd be left with far fewer tracks, but it would bring the overall design up. Criteria is a must, otherwise you get what is there today...garbage everywhere.

Damn, you just got hit with a Funky wall of text.

RetiredRonin
02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
I don't really see a point in telling one person that they can't upload a 10 second track that's just made out of pipes if there are 3k other tracks that do just that.

VEGASTRASH
02-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I don't really see a point in telling one person that they can't upload a 10 second track that's just made out of pipes if there are 3k other tracks that do just that.
People could upload anything. It just wouldn't be in the Approved Tracks feed. What do those tracks even add to track central?
Track central is great because of the talented creators on there putting in time and creativity to make something they think is solid.
A person can create whatever they'd like and not everyone wants to put in the time, nor has the skillset in making tracks a few do. Following guidelines would only improve the overall quality.
In short, a track that I didn't like but met the criteria would be in the approved tracks feed. Challenges or single checkpoints...separate feed. Ninjas...separate feed.
I bet more than half of the volunteer forum mods would gladly do it at no charge.

I understand your point of allowing anything to be accepted...and it would, just not as an approved track....simply because it is not. A one checkpoint ninja...to me, is not a track and I've made a few.
The points I made are to improve TC and encourage creativity and real building...it's not to be a Nazi and say "your track is unworthy" muhahahah.

I'm sure giving random mods access to the TC tools isn't an easy thing to do in the corporate world, so I could see it not happening on that alone. Worst case scenario, try it...it fails, go back to the old way.

Shifty, do you really think TC has a lot of quality builds? Maybe 2% are worth playing...maybe. Why not change it.

IImayneII
02-13-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm sure giving random mods access to the TC tools isn't an easy thing to do in the corporate world, so I could see it not happening on that alone. Worst case scenario, try it...it fails, go back to the old way.

While I would love to see something like this, I just don't see this happening from a practical standpoint alone. You would need mods checking out every track, every day. Who is willing to do that for months on a row, you could have mods drop out after a while, who is going to replace them quickly...

Like you say, maybe 2% are worth playing, wich I think the recommended feed is a good solution for, even tough some tracks are still left out. Only thing that would really help I think, is seperate consistent good builders from others, like the wrench system evo had. But we all know how that turned out :D But I still think that would be a good solution, if done properly, with maybe a ruleset so you can apply somewhere for a "wrench" when you meet the criteria instead of people just randomly picking builders to give them one.

funktastic-
02-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Well if it was moderated then there wouldnt be 3k track just made out of pipes in the first place would there , my main point in why i posted is because i have an exact example. I recently made a track and uploaded it to hard. Within a space of a few hours my track was pushed down about 2 or 3 lines by a track and a few others that had taken 5 mins to make and i mean 5 minutes. It wasnt even a track it was someone falling of the edge of a cliff. There was also one with 3 obects in it which in total took 4 or 5 secs to make and a few more. This in my opinion is an annoyance to builders and should have something done about it. While people continue to make tracks with thought and effort the likes of the rider falling off a cliff and 3 objects should not be available for gamers to use this as a way to push tracks down the feed. There is no excuse for this to be ignore when people are trying to make tc a better place with quality tracks or i should say any track that is a track atleast.

The excuse " well it happens " or it cant be moderated is not really good enough when you expect real creators to keep this game alive with real effort. When i upload a track i do not want to see it be pushed down the feed by someone falling off a cliff or with not even any objects in the track at all. Or one with 3 obects and 4 secs long. I think having feeds linked to what quality somehow would stop all this. All the pants and rubbish uploaded should be available to do so by gamers but should be correctly placed. Junk should go where junk is put and someone falling off a cliff and a 3 object track is pure and simple , junk and shouldnt be allowed to push peoples hard work down the feeds , just because they can.

Hope it didnt come across wrong , just wanted to give an example and one came up last night so thought i would share it. :)

edit , if i didnt say " a man falling of a cliff enough , here it is again hahahah

VEGASTRASH
02-13-2015, 10:13 PM
While I would love to see something like this, I just don't see this happening from a practical standpoint alone. You would need mods checking out every track, every day. Who is willing to do that for months on a row, you could have mods drop out after a while, who is going to replace them quickly....

How many gamers spend hours a day online gaming? Too many to count. Take your consistent poster on here, a forum mod, avid fan, etc. It would be easy to moderate TC. Just look at the time played by some of the top players...a gross amount of time, simply gross. People would line up to moderate for free.
There are always a ton of reasons not to implement something. This is a free service and would only need the coding set up. It's a matter of the importance in quality of TC is to the game creator.
You could also verify track builders on platforms and develop just that feed.

It's funny to me when people bring up the amount of time this would take, yet gamers waste more time than any group I know...has anyone seen Twitch? I'm guilty of it myself. Time is never a problem when people obsess over making track for a small audience and spend countless hours improving their rank in a video game. Maybe time would be a better argument in another arena.
People spend 50 hours making a track for how many downloads....400? How is this logical...moderating would be a fraction of that time and yield a stronger TC.
I would gladly spend an hour a day to moderate TC.
Again, there always reason to not do something.

IImayneII
02-13-2015, 11:45 PM
How many gamers spend hours a day online gaming? Too many to count. Take your consistent poster on here, a forum mod, avid fan, etc. It would be easy to moderate TC. Just look at the time played by some of the top players...a gross amount of time, simply gross. People would line up to moderate for free.
There are always a ton of reasons not to implement something. This is a free service and would only need the coding set up. It's a matter of the importance in quality of TC is to the game creator.
You could also verify track builders on platforms and develop just that feed.

It's funny to me when people bring up the amount of time this would take, yet gamers waste more time than any group I know...has anyone seen Twitch? I'm guilty of it myself. Time is never a problem when people obsess over making track for a small audience and spend countless hours improving their rank in a video game. Maybe time would be a better argument in another arena.
People spend 50 hours making a track for how many downloads....400? How is this logical...moderating would be a fraction of that time and yield a stronger TC.
I would gladly spend an hour a day to moderate TC.
Again, there always reason to not do something.

I think you mean 'wasting time on something they love doing, without any restrictions/rules'. Don't confuse any moderating job with that, it will take more than "an hour a day" to moderate TC with a system like that. Because if you do impelemt it you will have to set up rules, you can't expect RL to import that system and mods can do whatever/whenever they want. If you want things like that to work, you need consistency too, RL is after all still a company. So each day you will have to spend X amount of time checking ALL tracks released from let's say 24 hours. You will need to finish all of them too, so there is a verification you actually played the track so people don't complain. If you have multiple people doing it, you need to communicate with them, plan things, no "I have no time" days. There has to be at least one person willing/available on every system. What if someone drops out? Who will replace them? Do you expect RL to take over when there is no-one to do it?

As you might see, It' will not be as simple as being willing to spend an hour a day to moderate TC, and that's probably one of the reasons why it will never happen.

I said it in another thread, but I would rather go with something like a 'wrench' feed. But not a wrench like in evo where people get picked by RL. You have to set up rules and people can apply to get a wrench if they conform the rules. It would not be a great system, but I think that would work alot better.

VEGASTRASH
02-13-2015, 11:58 PM
Having verified builder feeds would be just fine. Looking at the top tracks feed...anything is an improvement over it.
What's better, going back and forth with ideas, but in the end the result is the same...me smashing a fist through my face:)

PneumaticBog484
02-16-2015, 04:52 AM
People who have not spend a lot of time on the XSX editor will not know what will work and what not as there is no official documentation beside bug reports.

Now it sounds more like it's not bugs?
-No Reset on : Checkpoint/Trigger/Event/State on anything with an Enable checkbox.
-Force + bombs + physics behaving completely different in a bad way.
-No bike selection/limitation (while the ingame XSX tracks removed the panda somehow on a few tracks).

I'm fine with knowing what is intended and what not but right now a lot of people will likely get annoyed if they don't expect/know those changes.

People could get confused so much they probably stop building altogether if they are just starting out which is a shame, as new builders are rare.

I was thinking about making an X-Supercross for the HW Challenge. Are the bugs you listed there the only ones, or is there a thread I should check out for the all the bugs? I wanted to include one OPE thing, but I'll take it out if it messes up like you say :p

En0-
02-16-2015, 07:23 AM

[...]
---

On the subject of the other changes, I agree the all-time feed is a thin line between becoming an all ninja feed (On evo gold it had a majority of ninjas & even down the stairs...) I read there are more plans for ninjas, and I hope this is one of the points to be aware of.

Also reading about a monthly feed/all time, will there be new search filters to search on track age? (Example 1,3,6 months)

Hello,

1. We'll add the support for players to be able to remove some bikes from their tracks.
2. We'll take it into account.
3. No, we don't have plans to add this search filter at the moment.

Cheers,

TeriXeri
02-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Thanks En0.

I was thinking about making an X-Supercross for the HW Challenge. Are the bugs you listed there the only ones, or is there a thread I should check out for the all the bugs? I wanted to include one OPE thing, but I'll take it out if it messes up like you say :p

Test it during a run in the editor, multiple times, and see how it behaves after checkpoint restart.

Generally a simple OPE like a 360 rotation that's always on will work as seen in Flame Wars (rotating rings), or BBC Future Past (rotation fans in the background).

More complex things that need enable/disable state/position/triggers/impulse delay etc. can mess up as they do not reset as intended on restarts.

But even a sound/effect will stay on as long as it isn't told to go to disable as they won't change their state on restart.

I would especially not use any physics/OPE that alters the driveline right now.

JolanXBL
02-17-2015, 09:34 AM
..." well it happens " or it cant be moderated is not really good enough when you expect real creators to keep this game alive with real effort. When i upload a track i do not want to see it be pushed down the feed by someone falling off a cliff or with not even any objects in the track at all. Or one with 3 obects and 4 secs long.
I think I have to agree with Funk on this. I load up TC for inspiration but get depressed when the good stuff isn't around. I feel like, Why am I submitting anything when THIS is what people really want to play? My best track on EVO was a bball spoof, unlike the Copter and Platformer. The ones that get the ratings:

The Ninja's with stupidly-hard first obstacles.
Nobody will rate them down because only the pros can even rate them.
Planes that stop mid-air & pass through the terrain, Cars that glide along & spin.
Made with OPE or Directional Force; do they even know the Editor forum exists?
Vaguely-detailed Beginner-editor tracks.
Either these or 100 copies of the Example tracks. No tutorials readily available for the n00bs, no way to remove your mess. What else can you do? Perhaps if someone were to create an instruction manual as a Skill Game, then get it promoted to FusionCommunity, it would be seen by all and ready in-game.

Remember wrenches & what they were used for? Bring them back & give them to the quality tracks. Don't ask people to nominate someone though because everyone will say their friend. Just hand them off to anyone who shows up in RL picks. This 'Fusion Community' profile isn't working cause we still don't know who created them in the first place, on which platform!

As for moderating TC, it can't be done. Newbies would become offended that they aren't part of the clique, and the ones we trusted could just keep everything for themselves, if you catch my meaning.

IImayneII
02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Remember wrenches & what they were used for? Bring them back & give them to the quality tracks. Don't ask people to nominate someone though because everyone will say their friend.

Like I said before, a wrench-like system would be good. But not just a system where they get handed out because we know where that leads. A system with rules, where you can apply for a wrench when you meet requirements would probably be better imo.

Hairy Cabbage
02-17-2015, 02:56 PM
I really like the idea of an approved builder feed where all tracks go from builders who are consistently producing content worth playing. It would be a lot easier to set up that individual tracks.

fleskeknoke
02-17-2015, 04:41 PM
approved builder feed

yes absolutely yes... that would be super

VEGASTRASH
02-17-2015, 09:27 PM
I know some think TC can't be modified due to the sheer volume of tracks uploaded. If you do the math correctly, you would only need view 4 tracks per hour on the ps4.
Make it an easy number of 100 tracks per day.
If you could browse 30 tracks in an hour, just over 3 hours total time spent per day. 3 mods per system.
If someone got bent because there track wasn't verified, they can simple do better next time and follow the guidelines.

DJ_2wItchY
02-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Nobody needs to moderate track central. It is for everyone.

Things that should be moderated are Illegal content. NOT "I don't like/approve the quality of this track"

Please give it a rest. There are so many builders out there that have creative minds that want to just build what they like and upload it and feel free to share and guess what! They are absolutely free to do that. We don't need people putting people down because certain people think they are not worthy.

Everyone is equal in the ability to share, applaud people for trying, admire people for being creative because again... guess what!! we all started somewhere. I made a lot of very bad tracks. But I was lucky to get the great feedback It did to strive me on to make better on the feedback given. Oh look where I am now.. I'm here because of awesome feedback from friends and strangers.

Start doing the same than pushing potential awesome creative people away because you don't think it's good enough. So much creativity gets wasted by others negativity before it even begins...

IImayneII
02-18-2015, 12:12 AM

I don't think the main idea from people here is to moderate the whole of TC, wich isn't even practically possible. But to highlight good content/builders better, wich doesn't really have a straightforward answer. I don't see why you think people want to kill creativity when it's the other way around.

To me, what Track Central for the most part does (by wich I mean like/dislike system), is not highlight quality, it doesn't set standards, wich might confuse newcomers with 'what is a good track'. Wich is fine on it's own, but that's why RL added feeds like 'uplay recommended,featured builder'. To form some sort of standard troughout the whole mess of TC.

I still think a system like I proposed would be descent for that. It also adds a more community feel, for estableshed builders, as well as new-builders. It would maybe push more new builders to the forum also.

VEGASTRASH
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM

Things that should be moderated are Illegal content. NOT "I don't like/approve the quality of this track"

Please give it a rest. There are so many builders out there that have creative minds that want to just build what they like and upload it and feel free to share and guess what! They are absolutely free to do that. We don't need people putting people down because certain people think they are not worthy.

Everyone is equal in the ability to share, applaud people for trying, admire people for being creative because again... guess what!! we all started somewhere. I made a lot of very bad tracks. But I was lucky to get the great feedback It did to strive me on to make better on the feedback given. Oh look where I am now.. I'm here because of awesome feedback from friends and strangers.

Start doing the same than pushing potential awesome creative people away because you don't think it's good enough. So much creativity gets wasted by others negativity before it even begins...

I'm not trying to go back and forth, but I think my view is misperceived. I wish TC had moderation when I started building. It would have been great to know and adhere to certain parameters when building something. I would have gotten better at building faster. The moderating wouldn't entail...I don't like his build...it could be better...not approved.
Much like a contest...track central should have certain guidelines for approved tracks...not saying any upload.
Can you go on TC and browse the feed and tell me people are actually improving on the whole...or do most just upload mediocre efforts...not even tracks?
You have a few types who build on TC. People who care about getting better at building, then those who literally throw objects up. Both are free to create...100% correct. However, if I'm new to the series and see the current state of the feed...I honestly would not go back to it.
By instilling guidelines for approved tracks...you bring up the level of building, but every effort would be allowed to be uploaded and viewed by all. So there is no iron fist.
And last, approved tracks wouldn't mean in game quality builds or uplay picks...just basic guidelines to follow.

llmaynell: it's entirely possible to moderate TC. Im not sure why a few don't think it is. With the current number of ps4 uploads today...I could do it myself....for free.
Initially, there are more uploads when a game is released...but even that would be possible. One good guideline for uploading...one track per 48 hours. This right there would cut out 70% of the waste. These things aren't that complex, yet people seem to think there is no way to moderate/improve TC. Ninja feed, challenge feed, etc. all would create a better environment.

Damn, I've been hanging with Funk too long...epic wall of text.

Redlynx_Shogun
02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm not here to argue, just making a statement of fact. TC will never be moderated for quality. The whole point of TC is that anybody who wants to try building a track can build and share a track. Period. Track Central is for everybody who baught Trials no matter what their skill level. We will not exclude people from uploading tracks unless they abuse the platform.

VEGASTRASH
02-18-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm not here to argue, just making a statement of fact. TC will never be moderated for quality. The whole point of TC is that anybody who wants to try building a track can build and share a track. Period. Track Central is for everybody who baught Trials no matter what their skill level. We will not exclude people from uploading tracks unless they abuse the platform.

It was never suggested that anyone would be excluded from uploading builds.
I know TC will never be moderated for quality. I'm just point out that in years has the feed really improved? Take a glance at the top builds in the feed today...it's horrid. That's not just my point of view. It's 95% garbage. The question is, how do you make this better? What you guys are doing clearly is not working to improve the percentage of quality builds.
-limit upload one per 48 hours (the eliminates a ton of waste). Every 10 minutes is useless
-ninja feed
-challenge/one checkpoint feed
-approved tracks...similar to wrenches, but not the same higher standard
-tutorials better integrated to the editor
-weekly feeds...as you guys do, but direct feedback on builders who seek opinions...which you may already do
-money...for great tracks...similar to the hd comp where $5000 was first place, better than a controller. Even a few hundred is nothing for Ubisoft.
Track of the month gets $500 or something. Great PR on IGN.

I'm not unrealistic and don't think because I post something it will be put in. I'm just giving you a few examples showing how easy it would be to improve something you guys have been working on for 3 years with track central.

stoeptegelterror
02-19-2015, 08:15 AM
-tutorials better integrated to the editor

As a new player to Trials Fusion I initially had some trouble finding the right tutorial, although it's clearly noted in the editor that I should go to the RedLynxTV youtube page it wasn't really clear to me there where to find the right tutorial, when you go to the Trials Fusion Editor Tutorials & Live Stream Archive page it only shows archived live streams...

Although I did find the right less time consuming tutorial made by Shogun from Trials Evolution a wile later, I thought it was rather confusing.

RetiredRonin
02-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Simple answer: We aren't changing how Track Central is moderated.

More Explanatory Answer: Regardless of your thoughts on the situation, moderating all content for "Approved Tracks" would be a monumental feat. I explained this in a previous post that I assume you did not read. It is in NO WAY a "couple of hours". We're talking weeks just to get through all of the tracks that have already been released. If you didn't go through the content that has already been released, then the whole "Approved Tracks" feed/section would be, for want of a better word, crap. It wouldn't have all of the best content. It would be throwing away nearly a year's worth of amazing content created by the community, and to that I say "No freaking way".

There is already a system in place that asks if players like or dislike a track. If a track you find horrible is highly rated (happens to me) it's because people voted it that way. That's their choice. Everyone has a vote in Track Central, and no vote is more important than another.

booped
02-20-2015, 01:14 AM
A bit off topic but what about a half way house, a community feed with tracks chose by the community each week?

dasraizer
02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AtAQM1mNw

nuff said