PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Assault on The Boiling Rock

Jedi Master Tom
02-11-2015, 09:21 AM
The Boiling Rock is now published on Xbox One. Launch a daring assault on the island fortress, solo or with a friend, and free the slave workers to stop Yuma from uncovering a piece of the Shangri-La thangka!

This is my first attempt at a Far Cry map, ever. I have yet to make any videos or screen shots, and would greatly appreciate if anyone who downloads it could help with that. I hope you all enjoy the map, and good luck! You'll need it...

P.S. Does anyone know if animation points only work on 1st wave enemies? I spent a lot of time setting up a ton of those things and it seems that waves 2-5 just completely ignore them, but the starting enemies and the slave workers have no trouble finding and activating them.

Kemet nubia
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
The Boiling Rock is now published on Xbox One. Launch a daring assault on the island fortress, solo or with a friend, and free the slave workers to stop Yuma from uncovering a piece of the Shangri-La thangka!

This is my first attempt at a Far Cry map, ever. I have yet to make any videos or screen shots, and would greatly appreciate if anyone who downloads it could help with that. I hope you all enjoy the map, and good luck! You'll need it...

P.S. Does anyone know if animation points only work on 1st wave enemies? I spent a lot of time setting up a ton of those things and it seems that waves 2-5 just completely ignore them, but the starting enemies and the slave workers have no trouble finding and activating them.

I will download this as soon as possible and give you feedback.... Regarding your AI animation points ImGonaG3tUsucka sugested that you should go invisible, kill the first wave and just observe the 2nd wave.

Fallen-Champ
02-11-2015, 12:07 PM
I am not a big fan of animation points for Enemy A.I. - I have tried to use these in a map hoping that they would slow the enemy down from advancing but it did not work for me.

I either get the enemy joining others and neglecting their animation point to get to me or I get close to them to find they are docile, maybe I am doing something wrong but they seem more novelty so I don't use them much.

zeeEVIL1
02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
I have toyed with the animation points a bit and I do not think that they function with the succeeding waves.
On all of the game types, the enemies tend to make a beeline for wherever you are at in the map. Because, truth be told, every wave after wave 1 is a Reenforcement wave.
So, animation points are wasted on them.
Ifyou want to keep enemies in a certain area, at least, an outdoor area, you have to make the nav mesh so that they cannot leave that area. I just found out that this works.

Jedi Master Tom
02-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks to everyone who has played the map, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback so far. The map making community for Far Cry has some of the most talented and friendly people I've come across. And to try to be a part of that, I will be releasing a 2.0 version later this month that will address some issues others have pointed out, as well as a few needed tweaks I think will help make it an even better experience.

Any other thoughts, ideas, concerns or criticism is always welcomed by me, so please feel free to voice your opinions here. Also, still trying to find a good way to post some screen shots or videos here. Hard to do with out a PC :/

Ubi_Jax
02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Hey Jedi Master Tom.

Your map sounds great and i'd love to see some video of it.

Your Xbox One has the ability to record up to 5 minutes of gameplay! You can find out how to do that HERE (http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/apps/upload-game-dvr). This might help when you're trying to present your maps!

Thanks.